❧ ℭhapter 9 ➥ Shopping

Dance to Love

 

 

 

 

----------- NARRATOR' S  POV----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The group was enjoying their meal as the time passed. It was indeed a fancy restaurant with delicious food and relaxing ambience. HyeMi were enjoying herself while chatting with her unnies.

“After this, let’s go shopping! HyeMi need to find her needs of her new home!” Min Jung voiced out while she was sipping her favorite strawberry yogurt drink.

“B-But unnie, my house is complete already… I-It seems like Miss Jessica had bought everything for my house…” HyeMi uttered.

”Jinjaa?” Hana asked.

HyeMi nodded while looking in her eyes. Suho and D.O continued to eat.

“Who’s Miss Jessica?” MinRii said.

“She is the president of Kiria High. She was the one that funded all of HyeMi’s fees to enter this school.” Suho answered and wiped his lips with the napkin.

“Ahh… I see… HyeMi-ah, you’re really lucky right? I envy you right now!” MinRii looked at the beautiful girl.

“MinRii-ah, can I ask you a favor?” HyeMi voiced out in a serious tone.

“What is it?” MinRii asked and all attention went to the two of them.

“Do you still remember the street dance moves that I taught you? I think I’m gonna use it now.” HyeMi said again and sip her drinks.

“You taught me a lot of streets moves... Which one?” MinRii asked again.

“The Rep. The dance piece that you almost give up in learning it.” HyeMi smiled at her friend.

“Of course I remember it! It’s the hardest! But why are you asking for it?” MinRii looked at HyeMi with a puzzled face.

“I have to dance for my Monthly Evaluation Dance Course. It’s my monthly assignment because I entered Kiria High with scholarship from Miss Jessica. If I didn’t do well, I can get kicked out from that school.” HyeMi explained.

“Jinjaa?! Whoa… The school system here is really strict! Okay! I help you!” MinRii clasped her hands in excitement.

“I’ll be using our dance studio because you can’t enter the school area. And I really need Min Sun and Hae Yi too. Please? Can you help me? I’ll teach you the improvements in that dance.” HyeMi voiced out.

“Sure! I’ll inform them later. They were missing you a lot, you know? I bet they will be happy if they knew that you will be teaching them again.” MinRii said.

“You teach people to dance, HyeMi-ah?” D.O looked at her in disbelief.

“Yeah! HyeMi taught us dancing! I think she was born to dance. You will not believe your eyes if you see her dance moves. It was daebak!” MinRii answered as HyeMi just nodded.

“Jinjaa? You’re really amazing. Can’t wait to see your moves!” Suho uttered.

 

 

After eating, they walked towards the mall that was just beside the restaurant.  HyeMi was chatting happily with her best friend, MinRii. Suho and D.O walked behind them, Hana and Min Jung were leading them towards the mall that started to get packed with people.

“Who know that this girl hid so many secrets in herself, right?” Suho started a conversation with D.O.

“Yeah… I can’t really believe it that she managed to get herself back up. She’s one strong girl.” D.O answered while his eyes fixed to the girl that was smiling happily with her friend.

“I think we’ve got ourselves a beautiful daughter from now on.” Suho voiced out as they were inside the crowd of people.

“I agree with that. She’s our daughter from now on. Looks like Hana’s wish came true.” D.O said.

The six people walked inside the mall. They were sure attracting some attention because of their beauty. Some of the people already recognize Min Jung and Hana because of their modeling and CFs. D.O and Suho already being surrounded by some girls that knew about SM new group. EXO had been known after SMENT decided to put their teasers into YouTube.

“Unnies’ very popular…” HyeMi tugged Hana’s shirt.

“Maybe because of our CFs. Look, your oppas is way more popular than us!” Hana pointed to Suho and D.O that were followed by a bunch of girls behind them.

“Wow! I can’t believe that I’m walking with K-pop stars!” MinRii said making others laughed as they walked towards a clothing shop.

 

 

The group entered a well-decorated clothing shop. MinRii and HyeMi froze looking at the highly priced clothing.

 

“Yaa… HyeMi-ah, I don’t have money! It’s SUPER expensive! Let’s go somewhere else!” MinRii whispered to HyeMi.

“Yeah! It’s expensive! But we can’t get separated with these unnies. Let’s just take a look…” HyeMi whispered back.

They walked along the highly priced branded clothes as their unnies are busy talking among themselves. Suho and D.O was sitting a cozy sofa at the corner of the shop.

“I need to find my dance clothes. The other one I accidentally ripped it…” HyeMi said to MinRii while touching the beautiful shirts on the rack.

“Ripped it? How? HyeMi-ah, don’t tell me that you’re practicing dance moves!” MinRii teased.

“Aniya! My shirt stuck at the bag’s zipper. I tried to pull it but it ripped off. Now I only have one shirt left.” HyeMi pulled out a light purple shirt with a red small heart printed at the center of it from the rack.

“That’s a relief! I thought you were trying dance-” MinRii held her friend’s shoulders.

“YAA!” HyeMi started to tickle MinRii waist.

Min Jung looked at them who were playing together. HyeMi let out her beautiful smile as they continued their little game.

“She’s too beautiful, innocent and pure… Her presence can attract many people. Good and bad one.” Hana said as she looked at Min Jung that was watching her ‘daughter’.

“Yeah. We need to make her to believe other people again. If not, she would forever stay in her world, scared out to death when guys approached, afraid in her own world. She would never have the courage in herself if she continues her life like this.” Min Jung handed out her clothes to the salesgirl that was waiting beside her.

Hana walked towards HyeMi and the little girl showed the shirt that she chose earlier. Hana looked at Min Jung, nodded in agreement for what she had said and Hana continued to talk with HyeMi. Min Jung smiled as she knew that their adventure in changing their new ‘daughter’ had begun.

“What do you want to buy, MinRii-ah?” Hana asked.

“Oh! I don’t want to buy anything! I just wanted to stroll around here but this girl wanted to find some shirts that she can wear for dancing. Can you help unnie?” MinRii pinched HyeMi cheeks.

“Sure! What style do you want? Min Jung unnie and I are pro in this!” Hana voiced.

“HyeMi always buy simple, white or purple clothes. SO, please find something ier!” MinRii said.

“A-Aniya! I don’t wear it!” HyeMi erupted and covered her friend’s mouth.

“Just find it unnie!” MinRii uttered as she struggle with HyeMi’s hand that covered .

“Okay! Leave it to us! You’ll like it!” Min Jung said as she was done paying for her clothes.

As they were walking towards another shop, Suho’s phone rang.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

“Kris! What’s up?”

“Huh? Meeting?”

“Okay, I’ll go now. Sorry coz we will be running late.”

“Got it. We’ll see you there!”

 

“Honey, sorry I can’t accompany you. Urgent meeting for our first album. D.O, you have to come too.” Suho voiced out to Min Jung.

“Gwenchana. I’ll be waiting at home. Be safe!” Min Jung said and smiled to her lover. She understood Suho’s packed schedule as an upcoming star.

“Are you going to be okay? I think I’m going to be late today. Don’t wait for me to sleep. Love you.” D.O whispered to Hana as he cannot do their intimate acts in public. Hana smiled and nodded, agreeing with D.O.

Hana and Min Jung waved towards Suho and D.O who rushed towards the main door. MinRii also waved as HyeMi bowed to them. In a blink of time, they vanished into the crowds of people.

“Let’s go now! You have to find your outfit.” Hana pulled HyeMi’s hand.

They walked to another store that was bigger that the first one. It had a very luxurious look with all the clothes, accessories, shoes and bags were neatly in place.

 

 

 

“Welcome. Can I help you?” The salesgirl said after bowing politely to them.

“Yeah. We’re looking for provocative-styled clothing. Can you assist us?” Min Jung asked.

“Sure. Follow this way, Miss.” The salesgirl politely pointed out to the clothing section.

Min Jung and Hana started fiddling around the clothing rack; it was really a provocative outfit when Hana handed out to HyeMi a white almost-see-through tank top.

“U-Unnie, I-I don’t wear this… Please… take it back…I-It’s embarrassing…” HyeMi pleaded.

“Wae? It y!” Hana whined.

“Here, take this!...And this!... Oh! Here too!... This one!... This! This! THIS!!” Min piled up most of the y clothes in HyeMi’s hands.

“Now, you go try it! We’ll choose the best! MinRii! Help her to wear these!” Min Jung pushed HyeMi towards a big fitting room.

“Okay! Call! Leave it to me!” MinRii shut the fitting room door.

Hana and Min Jung sat comfortably on the black sofa that was facing the fitting room.

“I think she will fit all of the clothes that you gave. Her body is more than perfect, her skin tone really matched most of the colors and she got a seriously angelic-beauty face! Ahhh… I hope I can be born again and be beautiful like her!” Hana rest her head on Min Jung’s shoulder.

“Yeah! She really a descendant from heaven!” Min Jung agreed.

 

 

“Unnie, she’s done! She’s beautiful!!!” MinRii shrieked inside the fitting room.

The door opened revealing the beautiful blue-eyed girl with her long brown straight and silky hair. HyeMi was uncomfortably fixing the shirt that she wore.

 

 

“KYAAAAAAAA!!!!!” The unnies squealed.

“WHOA! You look SUPER cute! OH.MY.GOD!” Hana voiced out as she pulled out her IPhone from her bag to take pictures.

“U-Unnie… It’s too thin… I-I can even see my bra!” HyeMi whined while she pulled up the shoulder of the shirt to cover her left bare shoulder.

“YAA!! Don’t do that! This shirt is MEANT to be wearing like that!” MinRii scolded as she fixed the shirt again.

“You are right MinRii-ah! You have to wear more decent clothes from now on! Miss! I want this one.” Min Jung called the assistant that was smiling to see the scene.

“UNNIE!” The blue-eyed girl whined again.

“Okay, next one!” Min Jung commanded.

MinRii pushed her friend inside the fitting room once again. Hana laughed to see the little girl was being abused by her friend who was a fashion maniac.

“I think I’m going to die right now…” HyeMi sighed as she undressed herself to try the other shirt.

“Hey, it’s for your own good! You always wear simple clothes, covering everything although you have a very perfect body! That ballet dress of yours is the only one that showed some skin! You even got that abs at your stomach! I don’t care what your reason is and I want you to wear more y clothes!” MinRii lectured her while helping HyeMi wore the next shirt.

“Wait. Is this even called clothes?!” HyeMi erupted.

 

 


 

The door of the fitting room opened revealing HyeMi that was pouting as she didn’t like all of these y things that she wore right now.

“Yeah! Our cute little HyeMi turned to a y vixen!” Hana said while snapping some pictures of HyeMi.

“Unnie… I-It’s too y…” HyeMi walked towards Min Jung and Hana with a sad face.

“Gwenchana… You need to change. You’re a grown-up now. All this clothes looks good on you.” Min Jung comforted the new girl while lightly pinching her soft cheeks.

“B-But I-“ HyeMi voiced out.

“No more buts! You need to wear all of these! I’m going to pay for it! MinRii, choose the clothes that you like!” Min Jung said as she pulled MinRii towards the other clothing rack.

Hana patted the cozy sofa, signaling to HyeMi to sit beside her as Min Jung and MinRii were busy choosing the clothes.

“HyeMi-ah, Min Jung unnie can be like a mom sometimes. Ordering and commanding around but, it’s for your own good. She wants the best for you, just like me too. Don’t take her words into your heart okay?” Hana held HyeMi’s hand while looking deep into her blue eyes.

“A-Aniya! I’m not sad! I-I’m just new to this kind of things. Unnies very nice! Unnie took care of me although we have only met. I’m really grateful to be friends to unnies!” HyeMi happily said.

“Not friends, but family. You ARE one of our family.” Hana correcting the little girl’s words.

HyeMi hugged Hana tightly as Hana her hair like a mother.

“I’ll help you change your shirt, kay?” Hana voiced out.

“De!” HyeMi stood up and walked to the fitting room, holding hands with Hana.

As HyeMi were changing her clothes, Hana saw HyeMi’s belly.

“Whoa! HyeMi-ah! You got abs at your belly!” Hana touched the blue-eyed girl’s belly.

“*chuckle*De, it’s a result for practicing too much for dancing... I-Isn’t it weird for a girl to have this packed-abs?” HyeMi asked.

“WEIRD? IT’S AWESOME!! It’s cool that you got this! I can’t even have it. You look tough when you have this.” Hana complimented as the girl finished changing her clothes.

“K-Kamsahamnida!” HyeMi said as they walked out from the fitting room.

 

 

The girls finished enjoying themselves after a long hour spending shopping around the mall. They went to the bus stop to send MinRii back since she came here with a cab.

“Thanks for spending time with us! We have a really great time! Next time, I invite you to our party of welcoming HyeMi to our family!” Hana said while waved her hands to MinRii.

“Okay! HyeMi-ah! Take care of yourself, kay? I’ll see you tomorrow at the dance studio. Looove you!” MinRii playfully kissed HyeMi’s soft cheeks.

“Be safe! Thanks for accompanying us today! Hope we can meet again.” Min Jung voiced out as MinRii entered the cab and smiled at them.

“Bye!” MinRii waved for the last time before the cab sped off through the night lane.

The girls walked to the parking lot where Min Jung had called her chauffeur to take them back home.

 

 

HyeMi gazed over the window of the car while looking at the colorful street lights. Her unnies were comfortably talking together about their school project.

“U-Unnie, can I ask you something?” HyeMi lightly tugged Hana’s shirt.

“What is it, dear?” Hana turned to the blue-eyed girl and smiled.

“Urm… M-Miss Jessica gave me this… But I don’t know how to use it. I never had this...” HyeMi uttered while she was showing the golden credit card that she got.

“You got this from Miss Jessica? How fortunate! Now, you said that you don’t know how to use it?” Min Jung spoke.

HyeMi nodded her head. Min Jung and Hana explained briefly about the credit card.

“What do you want to buy?” Hana asked after they had explained about it.

“A-Aniya… I hope that I can buy a new dance shoes because my shoes is getting worn out.” HyeMi pointed to her Converse that looked worn out.

“YAA! Why don’t you say so just now? Your shoes are NOT ‘getting worn out’ but it HAS ALREADY worn out! Why did you keep silent all the time about this?” Min Jung erupted after she saw her shoes.

“Min Jung-ah! Calm down! This girl doesn’t know how to talk to you because you are busy choosing clothes! Do you want us to accompany you tomorrow to buy a new one?” Hana said with care as she HyeMi’s straight hair.

“A-Aniya! I can go by myself!” HyeMi stuttered.

“Okay... Ah! Tomorrow you will be practicing at your dance studio right? Stop by my house first because I want to pack some lunch for you. I don’t want your stomach to be grumbling like just now!” Hana voiced out.

“U-Unnie, gwenchanayo... I-I ca-“ HyeMi tried to speak.

“No! I don’t want to hear your excuses and it is not troubling me to make lunch for you. Stop by my house, kay?” Hana stated and HyeMi nodded silently.

The car stopped in front of HyeMi’s condo and she got tight hugs and kisses from her unnies before went to her house.

 

------------ HYEMI ' S  POV----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally!!! HOME SWEET NEW HOME!!!

I am really tired! Wait… what time is it?...It’s only 10.25 p.m.. Better go take a shower first! I have to finish my homework after this.

I walked towards the bathroom and took a quick shower. Ahh… refreshing! The cold water splashed onto my tired body and re-energized it back.

I hummed to BoA’s song while I was taking a shower.

 

 

Now, let’s do our homework! Yay! I have Biology and Mathematics homework today! I have to revise too!

I walked towards the living and to switch on the big TV because my house is filled with the silent air as I am alone in this house. How can I use this? Press here? Oh! Where is the remote? Or not? Ah!!

After l successfully switching on the TV, I eased myself on the white fluffy carpet, sitting cross-legged on it and opened my bag.

I started to immerse in the world of studying! I LOVE BOOKS!! *giggle*

 

 

The clock showed 11.45 p.m. after I have finished all my homework and my fast revision. I put my right cheek on the table, with my gaze fixed at my cute cat keychain that was hung at my pencil case. Hmm… What must I do now? It’s too early to sleep! I usually sleeps at 2or 3 a.m.

Ah! Let’s organize my entire luggage! I do not have time to do it yesterday.

I put my books into my bag again and walked towards my room. Seriously, this room was AWESOME!

I opened my big black bag and started putting all my old clothes into the shelf neatly. After finished folding it nicely, I organized my books that I buy with my own hard-earned money into the small bookshelf at my study table. It’s hard to buy books when you don’t have money.

“How to Think Great… Think Like Albert Einstein…. Calculus 101…” I said to myself while I am fiddling with the books.

It was my collection of books that I love. My eyes fixed at the small purple album when I am about to take another book to put into the bookshelf.

It was my memory book. With my family…

I took and opened it. The first page was my mother’s handwriting.

 

To my beautiful daughter,

Our Family Memories.

 

My finger traced the outline of my mom’s beautiful handwriting.

I opened the next page to reveal my family’s portrait.

Mom was wearing a black knee-length dress, showing her perfect dancer body. She was beautiful. Very beautiful and she got blue eyes just like me…

Mom says that grandma had a blue eyes too because she was a Russian. But Grandpa was in love with grandma when grandma moved from Russia to US. After years of loving each other, they decided to get married. Grandpa was a Korean though. Mom says Grandpa was handsome!

I didn’t get a chance to see my grandpa and grandma because they died when I was still a baby. Grandma’s funeral was the same day as my birthday. Mom said that she cuddled me only one time and that was her last wish. She wanted to see me.

My finger went to my appa's face. My hero.

He was very tall and handsome-looking guy. He was wearing a black tuxedo with his right hand wrapping around mom’s waist.

When I was 6, my mother always told me stories about our family. I will cuddle her first, resting my head on her arm as she covered my body with my dark purple blanket. I can still remember my room at that time. Father will lie beside me, my hair as my mother start her story.

That was why I had a habit to hug people when I sleep. Worse more, I can sleepwalk to find my ’hugging partner.’

Mom told me that appa started his love towards mom when he first met mom at the airport, waiting for the plane. Appa was still a pilot at that time and appa said mom was the most beautiful woman that he ever laid his eyes on. Appa tried hard to get mom's contact number at that time and then he managed to get it. At first appa came to mom's dance studio just to see mom by being one of mom's students but after a quite some time, they fell in love with each other. Mom said that father confessed that he wanted to marry mom because he had kept his love for mom for years. A silent love. Quite romantic, right?

In the picture, I was sitting on a chair, smiling widely at the camera. My hair was French-braided like a Rapunzel with purple ribbons along my braid. My mom did that to me because I have a very long hair that passed my hip at that time. I was wearing a white princess dress.

It was a beautiful, memorable picture.

I flipped to the next page. It was a torn crumpled picture that has been taped back.

“... This picture…” I said.

It was my parents’ wedding picture. Appa was kissing mom in their wedding outfit.

It has been torn when they had a big fight and I secretly took it and taped it back. I was 11 at that time when I overheard that appa was yelling at mom at the living while I was upstairs, revising for tomorrow school.

I heard a slapping sound followed by my mom’s cries. I quickly opened the door of my room just to see what’s going on, but I saw appa smashed their big portrait of their wedding photo that was hung at the living onto the floor. I can vividly remember the thunderous cracking of the glasses echoed throughout my house.

Appa then took the picture and torn it to pieces. I ran downstairs and they were shocked to see me. With all the guts that I have, I asked them what was going on. Mom was sitting on the floor with her arms supporting her body up, crying bitterly.

“YOUR MOTHER WAS LYING TO ME!!! SHE WAS LOVING ANOTHER GUY!!” Appa shouted at that time.

I knew about it for a long time that mom loved another man but mom didn’t knew that appa had brought home women whenever mom was not at home. I just stood there, froze when appa walked out from the house, slamming the big door.

I went to mom and pulled her up and told her to rest in her bedroom. I didn’t say anything to my mom as mom cried bitterly on her bed. I left her alone and went to the broken glasses, picking it one by one.

A small glass cut my right index finger. Tiny drops of blood appear at the tip of my finger.

I could feel our family would end… And tears started swimming in my eyes.

I held it back, because…

“Women have to be strong. You can’t cry when a wave strikes your life. Tears show your weakness.” That’s what my mom said.

The pain in my heart was excruciating while I picked up the glasses.

That’s how I got this torn picture.

“Mom… where are you? I am alone now…” I said as the memories started flowing back.

I kissed the torn picture and a tear rolled down my right cheeks. Holding my hands tightly, I prayed hard like I had never had before. I had nothing else in this world except hope.

 

HOPE.

 

Such a powerful word. I clung on desperately to it. I believe that if I hope hard enough, maybe, just maybe I can see my family back.

Not wanting to remember the sadness, I continued tidying up my things and looked at the clock on the wall.

“12.30a.m… Hmm… what else can I do now?” I thought, as the night is still too early for me.

A smile formed at my lips and I grabbed the shopping bags.

 

----------- NARRATOR' S  POV----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She had decided to go to the dance studio in the midnight.

HyeMi put her new shirt and shorts into her backpack and took her dark brown trench coat, as it was cold. She wrapped the knitted scarf around her neck and went towards the door.

 

 

The colorful neon light lighted the street, and it lit HyeMi sleepless night. She can see several people that were walking with her were enjoying the coldness of the night.

As she reached in front of the gate of the school, she looked at her luxury school that was already engulfed in the dark.

“May I help you miss?” The school guard said.

 

---------END  OF CHAPTER 9

 

Thank you for  Kpopmylife101 from Louisiana, United States! She's the first one to subscribe my story! Gomawoyo!!!!

Also for NuEstJjang, AlwaysAnElf, KissMeImnida from Singapore! Love from me~~

Don't forget my sister! princesza! Thanks for the ideas and support from you!! Love you always!

cat1989, bigbangteentopfan from Texas, United States! My far reader! Kekeke~ Love from me!

Cute ailisu, kpopluver3 From CALIFORNIA!! Love you~ <3

Tafa_marie, stessy_your_bestie from Australia! Kekeke~ Love from your author-nim!

YEAH! kpopluver3, Exo-Wolfie also from CALIFORNIA,UNITED STATES! Hope you will always be happy!

Then,  ljoetaekai3000 from United States! Thanks for subscribing!

JeonHyejeong from Korea! Love from me!!

 

 

Annyeong! I'm sorry for not updating this story for such a long time... I've been busy with my family and my studies... But, don't worry 'coz I'll be back on track again! But for now, I really really am sorry from deep of my heart because I didn't update the story! Mianhaeyo~~

Dugeun dugeun! Guess what? Next chapter, HyeMi will meet two groups! Can you guess who they’re? Our HyeMi is sooo beautiful and she attracts many hot guys! *nosebleed*

Jjang! Like always, please and subscribe my stories!  And if you found any grammatical errors in this story, please PM me! 

Please continue subscribe me and I will love you till the end of my life!!!

Ah! Please vote for my story and comments!!! Kekeke~ Love readin' it!

Please continue subscribing and help me to improve my English-writing skills!

Hope you guys will always be healthy and happy! Love ya'll!

Till next time!!!

With lots of lots of love,