❧ ℭhapter 18 ➥ Choices

Dance to Love

 

 

 

 

 

----------Narrator's Pov -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hana was preparing a cup of tea at the table beside the bed as HyeMi slowly opened her eyes.

“Ah! You’re awake now!” Hana rushed beside her.

“Mom!” HyeMi remembered the polaroid of her mom as she get up from the bed.

“HyeMi! Relax! It’s in your hands!” Hana held her shoulders.

HyeMi looked at the polaroid and brought it towards her chest as if she was hugging her mom.

“One of the B.A.P members took it for you. They had reported it to the teachers. Are you okay?” Hana the blue-eyed girl cheeks.

HyeMi nodded and smiled as if it was nothing so that Hana would not be worried at her. Actually her index fingers really hurts a lot because of the small stiches and she got a headache.

“U-Unnie, can I b-borrow your phone for a while? I-I need to call MinRii.” HyeMi said.

“Sure! Why not?” Hana voiced as she took out her phone and handed it to HyeMi.

HyeMi took the phone and looked at it confusedly. The screen of the phone was black and there was no keypad, different from what she had before.

Hana laughed at her confused face as she took it again and helped her.

“You need to press here. Finally, I know where your weakness is. You are really bad with electronic gadgets!” Hana chuckled as she handed the IPhone back to her.

HyeMi blushed a bit and dialed MinRii’s number.

 

<*BEEP**BEEP*>

 

“Yoboseyo, MinRii-ah. It’s HyeMi.” HyeMi whispered as Hana was looking at her.

“Slow down your voice a bit!”

“I need your help now. The dance evaluation is next week right? I’ve got an exam two days before the dance evaluation.”

“Can you go shopping for our dance clothes? Don’t worry, I’ll give you the money.”

“Thanks! I know you love to shop. Ah! I can’t train with you guys today so can you make it without me?”

“Okay then. Thank you so much. Love you! You hang up first. Bye!”

HyeMi gave the phone back to Hana.

“So, now you need to eat these muffins and drink this and take your medicine. I think the B.A.P members bought the muffins for you.” Hana prepared the food for HyeMi.

It was the first time she had a meal on the bed. It was fascinating for her as she only watched this kind of scene only in drama of rich people. The table had been set properly, the scent of baked muffins and hot brewed tea – all in front of her without having to move from the bed.

“K-Kamsahamnida unnie…” HyeMi uttered as she was trying to cover her happiness.

“D-Do I have to eat m-medicine? I-It’s been a long time since I’ve taken medicine…” HyeMi asked again while holding the small glass that contains pills in them.

“You don’t take medicine?!” Hana looked at her in disbelief.

“I-It’s expensive and I couldn’t afford it. I have to save my money when I’m living alone.” HyeMi said to the older girl.

“WHAT?! Oh God… You’re really something… YOU HAVE TO EAT THIS! NO MORE EXCUSES!” Hana commanded the girl.

After finished taking her meal, Hana helped HyeMi to tidy up her bed again.

“U-Unnie, I don’t have clothes to wear… I just had that….and my ballet shoes…” HyeMi uttered and pointed towards her dress that was hung inside the shelf.

“Where is your clothes? Don’t tell me that those sh*tty punk that bullied you did something to your clothes!” Hana spoke her anger out.

HyeMi nodded, telling her that her statement was true.

Hana sighed deeply and quickly made a phone call.

“Yoboseyo? Min Jung-ah! Where are you?”

“You already in Seoul? Great! I need your help.”

“Can you bring some clothes for HyeMi? Something has happened. I can’t tell you now. Come to school and I’ll be waiting you at the infirmary.”

“It is really serious. Please hurry.”

“Bye.”

HyeMi looked at her unnie with an uneasiness expression.

“I-I’m sorry for always troubling you… I always trouble everybody that was with me… I’m sorry…. I’m sorry so much, unnie….” HyeMi uttered while holding back her tears, feeling guilty for knowing Hana and troubling her.

“No! Not at all! You’re not a trouble. You’re my happiness, actually. You didn’t have to say sorry! I really will help you no matter how hard it would be. Gwenchana…” Hana reassured the blue-eyed girl.

“W-Why I am your happiness?” HyeMi asked again.

“It’s a secret. You cannot know about it.” Hana smiled at the beautiful girl.

 

<<*FAST  FORWARD*>>

 

HyeMi felt really sleepy because of the medicine that she had taken just now but she held it back.

“U-Unnie, c-can we meet with your uncle today?” HyeMi questioned Hana that was texting her ‘husband’.

“How can you read my mind? We’re going to meet him today! He said he had never seen me for a long time so he decided to treat us for dinner! Also, you need to see Doctor Yoon too. She needs to see you first before she could plan your rehabilitation to overcome your fear of guys and your speaking problems.” Hana said in joy.

“Kamsahamnida, unnie…” HyeMi smiled.

HyeMi was constantly pinching herself trying to not to fall asleep in front of her unnie. She needs to accompany her as Hana was constantly talking with her non-stop while waiting for Min Jung.

Suddenly as they were talking, the door were slammed ajar making them flinched.

“HYEMI!!! ARE YOU OKAY?!” Min Jung shouted while holding to a set of clothes and shoes in her hands.

“OH GOD! YAH! YOU’RE KILLING MY HEART! SHE’S NOT DYING! Why did you need to make an impression like that?! Pabo, I got a shock!” Hana throw her anger towards her best friend.

“I’m sorry! I really worried about her! Here are your clothes.” Min Jung put the clothes on the bed.

Min Jung hugged HyeMi tightly and constantly saying that she missed her so much as she just went back from China. She was truly missing her, as HyeMi was her daughter. She then went to hug Hana as Hana started talking about the problems.

“Ah! Luhan and Suho were here too! They went to submit their English assignment. Did you say you want to go to Seoul Hospital, right? Let’s go, then. I’ll send you guys.” Min Jung said.

“Okay then. First we need to change her clothes first.” Hana dragged HyeMi towards the changing room.

Min Jung followed along to dress her up.

 

<<*FAST  FORWARD*>>

 

“U-Unnie, it’s too short!” HyeMi whined.

“Omo! Your legs is y! Whoa! You’re cute! Let’s fix your hair a bit!” Min Jung implied as she was busy dressing her up.

“Yeah, her legs were hot!” Hana agreed with her friend.

HyeMi was wearing a long-sleeved denim blouse with a white miniskirt. The skirt was way too short to her – it was higher than her knee-level. She didn’t like to wear any short or y clothes when going out because for her it was uncomfortable and it was only suitable for her when she was dancing and when she was at home.

 

 

“Let’s go! We need to see Miss Yoona first.” Hana voiced as she went out from the dressing room and started packing up HyeMi’s things.

The three girls entered Yoona’s personal office. HyeMi could barely walk properly due to her short skirt. She kept fixing the skirt to make it more longer but it was no use.

“Do you have headache now?” Yoona asked the beautiful girl.

“…N-No…” HyeMi lied so that her unnies won’t get worried.

“Don’t lie. Your face tells everything. Here, take this medicine. Ah! Don’t forget to come here if you feel hurt at your finger. Don’t do something yourself, okay? Also, change the bandage regularly.” Yoona spoke to the girl with care.

“K-Kamsahamnida… Miss Yoona. T-Thank you for everything… I-I’m sorry for troubling you.” HyeMi bowed to the beautiful doctor.

“You’re not troubling me! It’s my job to help people. Anyways, Hana, Min Jung, stop bullying her like this. She can’t even stand properly!” Yoona pointed to the skirt that HyeMi was wearing.

“Ah! We will continue to bully her like this. Look, her legs are so hot but she covers it!” Min Jung explained.

After chitchatting with the doctor, they went towards the black van. It was already 6.30p.m and darkness had slightly engulfed the view of Kiria High. Luhan and Suho was waving towards the girls that was walking together.

HyeMi couldn’t walked properly as she kept covering her y thighs with her hands. It was really hard on her.

“HyeMi-ah! Welcome! You look stunning!” Suho greeted her as she quickly bowed to him.

Luhan was staring at her, completely shocked with the miniskirt and killer-heels on a pure girl like her. He knew that she was uncomfortable with it as she awkwardly bowed to Luhan.

“Don’t look too much on her legs, Luhan-ah! I knew that she was hypnotizing you with her beauty!” Hana teased making Luhan blushed.

“YAH! I am not!” Luhan erupted.

“Okay… Let’s stop this. Come! Let’s go now!” Suho invited HyeMi to enter the van.

Hana was sitting at the front, Min Jung was sitting together with Suho at middle seat, Luhan and HyeMi was sitting at the back seat. HyeMi was keeping a large distance with Luhan.

“Are you okay back there, HyeMi-ah?” Hana implied from the front.

“D-De!” HyeMi voiced.

As the van was moving to the destination, Min Jung and Suho were chatting to each other as Hana was chatting with the chauffeur. HyeMi’s mind kept getting hazy and she couldn’t take it anymore. The slight rain that was dropping to the windows was making her more dazed. She traced the droplets of rain on the window, not wanting to fall asleep.

Luhan constantly steal a glimpse of her. She mesmerized him too much. Her beautiful figure would make anyone knew that she was she – Lee Hye Mi.

Suddenly, HyeMi fell to the side of Luhan and he managed to catch her. Hana and Min Jung were shocked at Luhan’s small shout quickly looked back to see HyeMi were inside Luhan’s arm, sleeping.

“She took medicine just now. Luhan, let her sleep. She’s tired.” Hana said to Luhan as he was embracing her.

Luhan softly put her head onto his lap. Min Jung helped to correct her body posture so that she could sleep comfortably.

“Here, take this. Cover her body. I think that she says she’s got a headache.” Min Jung handed out her trench coat to Luhan.

He covered her body with the trench coat. Luhan was nervous with the situation that he was facing now.

“Lucky you, Luhan-ah.” Suho smiled to his friend.

Luhan didn’t say anything. He kept looking down at the beautiful face of a girl on his lap. Several questions kept lingering in his mind as he landed his gaze onto her.

“How could she be so beautiful when she was sleeping?”

Luhan softly her hair that made her squirmed a bit. He froze as she was correcting her posture in her sleep and she put her hand on his lap.

Luhan felt her touch behind the trench coat as his hand sneakily went towards her hand and held it softly. To his shock, she replied her touch as she held his hand tightly and brought his hand towards her lips.

“Dear God. Let this van moving with no end. Let me embrace her more.” Luhan prayed in his heart while he held her hand.

 

 

Zico was driving back towards his penthouse. He remembered that he drank too much yesterday and he had tell something that he shouldn’t have tell as a Deputy Mountain Master.

He was skipping school for today to calm his thoughts out. But, that girl always entered his mind and made him wanted to see her – just getting a short glimpse of her could make him calm again.

“I need to see her and tell her the truth about me. I don’t want to lie to a pure girl like her anymore.” Zico thought while speeding of his luxury car.

 

<*BLOCK B  WANNA  B  PLAYS*>

 

“Zico’s here. Speak.”

“Your uncle’s here.” The hoarse voice spoke from his phone making him flinched.

“Yes…uncle…” Zico corrected his voice.

“You’re skipping school, isn’t?” The Black Dragon Master said.

“…”

“I know your movement, son. By the way, congratulations for the success in delivering the weapons. There are more to come.”

“Yes, uncle.”

“I need to hold a ceremony to introduce you to our partners. You will become the next heir of this organization. I will do the ceremony when I’m back from Ireland.”

“Yes…Master.”

“Xing had sent you the next job you’ll need to do for the Golden Project. Don’t do anything reckless.”

 

<*BEEP*>

 

Zico threw his phone away harshly towards the side seat making it fell to the bottom. His mind was being tortured again. He sensed that HyeMi would be in danger if she continued keeping in touch with him.

And his assumptions was correct.

 

 

 

“This is the girl that he was seeing right now.” One of his underman gave the picture of HyeMi to the Dragon Master.

Oh Jung Woo a.k.a The Dragon Master for the biggest Triad organization, Black Dragon, looked at the picture of HyeMi that was smiling.

It was a stolen picture when Zico took HyeMi home from her dance studio.

“Xing, do you know this girl?” Jung Woo asked his personal secretary.

“No, master. But, I’ve researched on her. Her name was Lee Hye Mi and she’s just enrolled to Kiria High by scholarship. Why? Do you want to meet her, master?”

“Yes. But not now. I bet that Sam, our bartender knew about her. Zico would tell him everything. She’s not one of us and she couldn’t be one of us.”

“Yes, Master.” Xing uttered.

“A beautiful girl like her…. I wonder if Zico only see her just for her body?” The Dragon Master traced her beautiful expression with his finger.

 

 

“HyeMi… Dear, we’re here!” Min Jung woke up the sleeping girl.

Luhan softly ungrasp the hands behind the trench coat. HyeMi softly opened her eyes that made his heart race as Luhan looked at her.

HyeMi was shocked to see Luhan’s face as soon as she opened her eyes. She quickly stood up and made a distance between Luhan and her.

“I-I’m s-sorry!” HyeMi’s voice was almost a whisper as she said to Luhan while bowing 90 degrees continuously.

“It’s okay, HyeMi-ah. We told Luhan to let you sleep for a while. You’re looking too tired just now. Don’t worry. He wouldn’t be mad at you.” Suho said, smiling at the beautiful girl.

“He’s right. It’s okay. Let me fix your hair a bit. You’re still looking good even after sleep!” Min Jung HyeMi’s hair fixing it back to its place.

 

 

HyeMi and Hana walked inside the hospital. HyeMi wildly scanned the interior of the hospital. It’s been a long time since she had been in hospital. She hated it, because it remembered her about how her parents left her when she was in trauma after the incident.

“We’re here! This is Doctor Yoon's personal office. Let’s enter!” Hana said in a joy.

Hana softly knocked the door of the room as HyeMi was still scanning her surroundings.

“Come in.” A sweet female voice were heard from inside.

HyeMi and Hana entered the spacious cozy room and greeted warmly by a beautiful younger-looking doctor.

“Ah! Miss Hana! You must be the girl that she was talking about. You’re absolutely beautiful!” Doctor Yoon spoke got up from her seat and hugged Hana warmly.

HyeMi bowed politely towards the unknown doctor.

“Hmm… Hana, could you please leave us two? I need to spend some time only with her.” The doctor clasped her hand and made a pouty face towards Hana, asking for her ‘yes’.

“Sure! Take your time with her. I’ll be at the café.” Hana made two thumbs up to HyeMi as she walked outside the room.

HyeMi bowed again to the doctor as the doctor chuckled.

“Have a seat. My name is Lee Jun Yoon. It is an honor to have such a beautiful patient like you. What’s your name?” Doctor Yoon spoke as she walked towards the coffee machine to pour HyeMi a cup of coffee.

“M-My name is Lee Hye Mi. I-I’m 16… P-Please take care of m-me.” HyeMi bowed again.

The experience that Doctor Yoon had when she heard HyeMi spoke, she already could detect HyeMi’s psychological diseases. She let out a small smile while she was preparing a drink for her patient.

“Here’s your drink.” Doctor Yoon put the expensive-looking ceramic cup in front of HyeMi before sitting at her seat.

“So, you had been in hospital for your diseases?” Doctor Yoon opened a file and started writing something.

“D-De…” HyeMi answered.

“Okay, now, look at me.” Doctor Yoon smiled at the beautiful girl and using the small flashlight, she shone it inside her eyes.

HyeMi could not look at her directly into her eyes. She was nervous, scared at the same time.

She then scribbled something inside the file after she finished checking her. Suddenly, she walked towards a video recorder beside her seat and pushed the button. She then sat beside HyeMi.

“Now… dear, can you look at me? Trust me completely. I see that you wanted to change so bad, right? I need one thing from you. Can you recall back about your trauma, and tell me about it? If you felt stressed or scared, just squeeze my hands. We’ll stop. I need to know you first before I can help you. Just relax and tell me all about it. I’ll be your listener.” The doctor earnestly looked into her eyes.

“D-De…”

“Okay, now, close your eyes and slowly remembered your past tragedy that had been haunting you. Remember, I’m here beside you. Don’t worry. Nothing will hurt you.” Doctor Yoon quickly took her voice recorder and started recording about HyeMi’s past.

HyeMi exhaled deeply and closed her eyes.

 

 

<*NO  OTHER  BY  SUPER  JUNIOR  PLAYS*>

 

“Yoboseyo?” Hana answered the phone while waiting at the café.

“Is HyeMi there?” A male voice could be heard that made Hana startled.

“Zico?!” Hana shouted.

“…”

“She’s with the doctor about her disease. Why didn’t you call her phone directly?” Hana sighed a bit.

“….HyeMi, is there anything happen?”

“Yeah. I am really worry about her. Someone had pulled bad pranks to her just now. Her clothes had been cut and her things were damaged.”

“Is she okay?”

“She hurt a bit, but I think she hurts more inside.”

“I want to see her.”

“I said she was with the doctor! You can’t meet her today. She’s going with me.”

“I don’t need to hear your advice. I can see her anytime I want.”

“NO YOU CA-“

 

<*BEEP**BEEP*>

 

“! This guy is really testing my patience! God! I hate him!” Hana took deep breaths while fanning herself with her hand to calm her anger.

 

 

HyeMi was being calmed by the doctor after she told her everything – almost everything she experienced. She was trembling, crying her heart out.

“I h-hate my face... I h-hate it very much. I hate it… Why c-can’t I be like someone else? Why I got this blue eyes? It’s so troublesome… I real-“

Doctor Yoon hugged her tightly that made HyeMi cried again. HyeMi was hurt - always hurt after she had been left by her family but she covered it with her smile. She wanted her mother badly like a little child, embracing her when she was hurt, cooks for her when she starving and be beside her when she was alone.

But, everything was only a beautiful wish for her.

“Don’t say anything like that. You are a beautiful creation from God. You need to be grateful for it. Your blue eyes, your beautiful face were coming from your parents. If you hate it, there would be no other person that would cherish all the beautiful things that they gave it to you. You need to be more beautiful, to be more cheerful to live this world. I’ll cure you. I promise.” Doctor Yoon implied while hugging the crying blue-eyed girl.

 

<<*FAST  FORWARD*>>

 

HyeMi and Doctor Yoon went out from the room towards the café to see Hana.

“Ah! You’re here! Omo! Your eyes! Why you’re crying?” Hana rushed beside HyeMi.

“A-Aniya! G-Gwenchanayo unnie…” HyeMi rubbed her eyes.

“I tell about her rehabilitation process later. I need to check about her diseases more. She’s okay. Hana, I think what you say were right. When you see her, you got the feeling to love her more! She’s too cute!” Doctor Yoon joyfully said.

“See! I told you! Okay, we need to go now. My uncle was on his way towards the restaurant that we supposed to meet! Kamsahamnida, Doctor Yoon. We’ll meet again next time.” Hana bowed to the doctor.

 

 

“Are you okay, dear?” Hana asked HyeMi as they were sitting inside the taxi.

“I-I’m okay... D-Doctor Yoon is really nice.” HyeMi smiled to her unnie.

“Yeah. I’ve got a lot of information about your disease from her! She volunteered herself to cure you.” Hana said.

 

<*ANGEL  BY  EXO-K  PLAYS*>

 

“Yoboseyo, babe!” Hana joyfully answered her phone.

“Ah! You’re at home? I’m with HyeMi right now. I’m sorry ‘coz I can’t have dinner with you today.”

“Thanks for understanding. I’ll be back late so just sleep without me.”

“Okay. Goodnight, babe! Love you.”

 

<*BEEP*>

 

“D.O appa?” HyeMi questioned.

“Yeah. He’s worried about you. You need to cure fast, okay? I wanted to see the cheerful you!” Hana clasped her hands while making an anxious expression.

“D-De!” HyeMi bowed to her unnie.

 

 

Hana and HyeMi dropped at a luxury romantic restaurant that made HyeMi in awe. The building was so majestic looking with golden paints and luxury sculptures. The restaurant was a place that someone like HyeMi could never afford to have a meal there.

“Annyeong haseyo. How can we assist you?” The receptionist asked Hana as she approached the counter.

“A reservation under Kang Dong Jun?” Hana implied.

“So you are Miss Hana and Miss HyeMi? Please, follow the waiter. Mr. Kang is already waiting for you.” A male waiter that was wearing a black tuxedo approached them while smiling.

HyeMi was wildly scanning the huge interior with a soft classical piano tunes that were playing. She was nervous at the same time looking at high status people with expensive looking suits and dresses, glittering fancy jewelries and beautiful make-ups.

She was only wearing a denim skirt with a casual-tops and pair of heels that was really contrast with the environment.

“Uncle!” Kang Hana suddenly shouted that making HyeMi snapped into reality again.

A tall and tough man with black hair in a custom-tailored black suits welcomed Hana in his embrace. He had slight wrinkles at the corners of his eyes when he was smiling and a clean shaved face. His toughness as a police was unleashed with a sturdy frame, muscles and a healthy tanned skin.

“Hana! You’re so big now!” Dong Jun, Hana’s uncle said as she hugged Hana.

“Ah! Let me introduce you to my friend. This is Lee Hye Mi. The friend that I was talking about.” Hana introduced HyeMi to his uncle and HyeMi bowed politely.

“Wow! You’re so beautiful. Nice to meet you. I’m Kang Dong Jun, Hana’s uncle! You can call me Uncle too. Come on. Let’s take a seat first.” Dong Jun implied as the waiter politely assist them with their seats.

It was such a luxurious meal that HyeMi never had seen in the cookbook or anywhere else. She was shocked with the high-status people around her that were not only rich but ‘absolutely’ rich.

Chauffeurs, maids, branded clothes, limousines were the things that HyeMi could see after she lived in Kiria. No more broken taps, garbage, stray dogs and cats, small run-down convenience store that she could see. Everything was a fairytale.

“Yah, uncle! Why are you eating at a place like this? Do you bring aunt too? God! I miss home!” Hana implied as she munched the appetizer.

“Nah. She was busy taking care of Tae Jun. She really wants to meet you! You should come home! Stop living with your boyfriend!” Dong Jun voiced.

“I can’t. I love him too much.” Hana stuck out her tongue towards her uncle.

“See, HyeMi. Look how unmannered she was! I take this as your punishment!” Dong Jun scoop out a big mouthful of Hana’s favorite fruit salad from her plate and quickly ate it.

“NO! Give me back my fruit salad!” Hana stood up and tried to pull out the spoon from her uncle’s mouth.

The ambience was making HyeMi remembered when her appa was bickering with her mom about small things and at last her appa would said sorry and they would kiss. It was a sweet memory for her to see how sweet that her parents would be.

 

<<*FAST  FORWARD*>>

 

“You say that you want my help to find someone. Why?” Dong Jun asked Hana.

“Not me. But HyeMi. Hmm… How can I start it? Her parents left her at very early age and she wanted to find her parents back.”

“God… Really? Did you have been living alone? Since when?” Dong Jun stopped eating and looked at HyeMi.

“S-Since I was 12… T-They separated… C-Can uncle help m-me?” HyeMi uttered.

HyeMi took out another polaroid of her parents from her bag and handed out the picture to Dong Jun.

“M-My mother was a Russian-Korean. She m-married with appa and stayed at Korea. My appa was a p-pilot audit. A-After separation, he r-resigned from his work and v-vanished from me. Same with m-mom. M-Mom changed her nationality to Korean. My appa was a Korean.” HyeMi explained as Dong Jun held the picture.

“What do you want me to do then? I’ll help you. It be easier to find them if they were Korean.” Dong Jun said.

“I-I just wanted to know where they were… T-That’s all…” HyeMi uttered and Hana held her hands.

“It’s been years since they disappeared from you right? I know that it must been very hard on you but if the police work on this case, you must accept all the results that would be coming. We don’t know what had happen to your parents along those years they left you.” Dong Jun seriously said.

“I need to gather all information about your parents. It’s okay if you don’t remember it, but we need more than just a picture to trace their whereabouts. Just give all the details about your parents. It may take a while, maybe a week or maybe a month or also a year. Okay?”

“D-De…” HyeMi agreed with him.

“I will start asking you question now. I’ll record your voice and I’ll review them again. Let’s start now…”

 

 

HyeMi and Hana bowed to Dong Jun after the dinner. HyeMi was really grateful to know that she soon would know about her parents again. She hid her happiness in her heart while continuously prayed that soon she would met her parents again.

HyeMi was asked many questions about her parents according to the law of Missing Identification of Act.

According to the law, all law enforcement agencies shall accept without delay any report of a missing person. Acceptance of a missing person report filed in person may not be refused on any ground. No law enforcement agency may refuse to accept a missing person report although in HyeMi’s case, her parents were missing for a long period.

“There were so many things about your parents that you remember. I hope that you can meet them soon!” Hana joyfully said as she held HyeMi’s hand and walked outside the building.

“I hope so…” HyeMi uttered.

They were walking towards Hana’s car as Hana happily waved towards her family chauffeur. Her chauffeur, which was already in his old age smiled widely towards her. Hana greeted him politely together with HyeMi. Although the old man was only a chauffeur, but Hana never looked down upon them. It was her charm that made every maids in her family’s house love her very much.

Suddenly, a screeching sound made them startled. A luxury white sport car stopped right in front of them. The loud sound of the exhaust was filling the air of the night.

A familiar blonde guy in black leather jacket and jeans walked towards HyeMi.

“HyeMi.” Zico went towards HyeMi and grabbed her hands before she could enter the car.

HyeMi quickly bowed to Zico. Zico looked at her revealing clothes and stared deeply into her blue-eyes.

“Follow me. I need to talk to you. I‘ll send you home.” Zico deep stare scared the blue-eyed girl.

“YAH! I told you that she would be with me! She needs to go home now! You make her scared! ” Hana shouted angrily towards Zico.

“I don’t want to hear your ing babble. Who are you to command me?” Zico spewed his harsh words towards Hana.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?! God… You’re really testing my patience… I’VE TO-“ Hana screamed to Zico but HyeMi stopped it.

“U-Unnie… G-Gwenchanayo… I’ll follow oppa… D-Don’t worry… J-Just stop fighting…” HyeMi softly calmed the heated argument.

Hana sighed and gave HyeMi a hug as she followed the blue-eyed girl’s decision. She gave a dead glare towards Zico and Zico quickly pulled HyeMi from the hug and opened the door of his luxury car.

“Get in the car, now.” Zico commanded HyeMi.

Hana was worried about her ‘daughter’ very much but she couldn’t do anything about it. Zico’s Triad organization was too powerful.

Zico went towards the driving seat while pulled out his jacket that made him were only in his brown singlet. Zico glared at Hana before he stepped into his car and sped towards the night.

“God… Please save her…” Hana silently prayed as she watched the luxury car sped away from her sights.

 

 

 

“Wear your seatbelt.” Zico continuously commanded HyeMi as he sped his car.

HyeMi followed his order in fear. Her hands slightly tremble because of him and also the speed of the car that were exceeding the speed limit.

“WHERE’S YOUR DAMN PHONE, HYEMI?! I’VE CALLED YOU MANY TIMES!! WHAT YOU’RE THINKING YOU’RE DOING?!” Zico shouted at the girl that made her flinched.

HyeMi didn’t say anything, of course but not because of her disease, but because of she was way too scared right now.

Zico was really stressed out as he hardly hit the steering and made HyeMi curled herself up a bit. Zico took a short glimpse of HyeMi and saw her bandaged finger.

“What’s wrong with your finger, HyeMi? Is there anything wrong?” Zico controlled his anger a bit but it was still obvious to her.

“Speak, Lee Hye Mi. I asked you just now.” Zico commanded again.

“I-I’ve c-cut m-myself…c-cooking...” HyeMi stuttered and made a lie.

“Don’t lie to me. I know.” Zico said.

HyeMi quickly turned her head towards the window as her eyes were really wanted to drops tears. She was scared. Too scared of the person that she thought of him as an older brother.

Zico watched HyeMi turned her head away and he saw tears were dropping from her chin. She was absolutely in silence, no sobbing sound at all. Her tears just won’t stop as it continued to roll down.

Zico sighed loudly, frustrated with the girl. He knew that it was his fault to make her cried.

Zico took her hand from her lap and held softly while he was driving. HyeMi continued to look outside the window although she felt his warmth were wrapping around her hand.

Zico her soft hand that he held continuously while his other hand was on the steering. He felt guilty to lose his control towards her before knowing anything that happened to her today.

“Baby…” Zico softly called.

Her answer was only silence. Zico sighed again as he continued to drove his car towards a secluded area with trees around the place. It was a park but it had been abandoned for a long time.

He stopped his car between the trees. It was dark and silent. Zico stepped out from the car and opened the door at HyeMi’s seat.

Zico squatted down held both of her hands. HyeMi turned her head away from him.

“Baby… I’m sorry…. I’m just really in stress right now. You didn’t answer my call. I’m worried. Please…” Zico softly toned down his voice.

Finally, Zico heard her sob. Zico didn’t say anything as he held her hands. It was his fault after all to throw his anger towards her. She had experienced many things in one day, the bullying case, and after that she had to remember again all the past tragedies that she tried to throw away from her life. It was hard on her and now Zico had been shouting at her without knowing the real reason.

Zico held her shoulder and made her stepped out from the car. He then let her lean against the car as he put his hands at the sides of her. He lowered his body a bit to look at HyeMi’s crying face but she once again turned her head away from him.

“I’m sorry… Baby… I’m sorry because I shouted at you.”

Zico sighed and softly cupped her face and guided her gaze towards him. Indeed, she was crying really hard. Her blue eyes were still b in tears and Zico wiped it off.

“I just need to talk to you. It’s very important. I’m sorry.” Zico looked into her hypnotic beautiful blue eyes.

Zico pulled her into his hug as he wrapped his hand around her petite body. HyeMi cried inside his warmth.

“I hate oppa…” HyeMi muttered while crying, frustrated enough as she trying to pull out from the hug.

Zico didn’t care about her statement while he was restricting HyeMi that was pushing his chest away from him.

“Baby, please… Listen to me… You would be in danger if you were with me. You need to hear me well only for this. I have to do this in order to keep you safe.” Zico implied that made HyeMi stop from her struggle.

“Look at me… HyeMi, I was born to be a bad guy. Not a person who should save peoples’ life, or to fell in love, or to meet someone like you. You can’t put your trust on me. You need to stay away…from me.” Zico spoke again and let HyeMi free from his hug.

HyeMi was just sulking with him when she said she hate him. He was her ‘family’ and she was shocked to hear that Zico wanted to leave her. Just like her parents.

“You need to stay away from me and act like you don’t know me. We need to separate. You can’t be with me and I can’t help you with your diseases anymore. You would be in danger. Please understand.” Zico implied again and made HyeMi froze.

“I live in the underground world. I’m not a normal person. I’ve killed many people before. Here, look.” Zico pulled out a black gun from his back.

“I had enemies around me that wanted to kill me. You would be in danger if you continued to see me. We really….need to separate…” Zico said to the beautiful girl that seemed was in a state of shock.

“I lose my temper easily, I can hurt you when I’m angry or drunk and I can be like the that you wanted to forget… I can make your tragedy to real…right now...” Zico spoke.

He slowly tucked the strands of HyeMi’s hair to the other sides, making her neck exposed. They were alone, in a dark and quiet place. Only the sounds of the engine and the spotlights of the car that could be heard at the abandoned park.

“You have choices now, to leave me or to make me be the bad person now. Do the right choice or else your tragedy would happen again… I won’t be nice to you, Lee Hye Mi.” Zico said as he trapped HyeMi by holding her left hand and pinned it to the walls of the car.

His other hand was touching her neck softly while slowly closing the gap between his and the scared girl.

“I count to three or else, I promise that your tragedy would be real.” Zico softly uttered.

HyeMi was still didn’t nudge from her place or spoke anything. Her tears stopped rolling down from her eyes. Her gaze was parallel to the ground, looking at the dirt that had dirtied her unnie’s high heels.

“Three…”

“Two…”

“One.”

 

---------END  OF CHAPTER 18

 

 

First one is my sister! princesza! Thanks for the ideas and support from you!! Love you always!

Kpopmylife101, cat1989, 365Exotic365, Skulls, ljoetaekai3000, FlyBeyondInfinity, ailisu, kpopluver3, Exo-Wolfie, Vonnie, annabelleshlee, katelynking2000, surfergirl101, inspirit4ever, taemanthestripper United States

NuEstJjang, AlwaysAnElf, KissMeImnida, wardarabi, roxxanne, DREEEE, Nasumi, Sparta12 Singapore

Tafa_marie, stessy_your_bestie, vicky1999, gen-sarang Australia

JeonHyejeong, koreanyeoja Korea

Carlise Indonesia

Perfect_Sherry Viet Nam

tamarind, MissKpop1018 United Kingdom

ainsyahk_melody, BuingBaby,  Starlight1502 , HidayahXiumin  Malaysia

bigbangxnuest, Floqkpop Canada 

kayepop, hunndeer140 Philiphines

christalla431 Sweden

knuffelmuff, 33MissUnderground33, Rin-Ji, lia172  Germany

INFINITEloveBAP Netherlands

Byul96 Switzerland

Rexychia, tamakikaname, kpoplover146, alijae555, LoVeShAwOl23, kaiilynvuu, Angie143, PinkSoshifiedMe, xoxola, Panda_FooFoo, schaeyeong, Exoticz3unnY, SungGyuWifes, HyoaHan, Sebbieshadow, Youaremyboi, yongsun 1235, wirisha, Mywaitinglistofstory, tinado58, Lingvx, aniRos, Sky_Stars, Flower4, sehundianne, Skydifferent, samsamphorn, kaiwenlovechanyeol, I don't know where you guys from so if you guys want to let me know, just comment below!

 

Annyeong! I don't have anything to say today coz today is the start of my new semester in college! Waaaa~~ I hate it of course. I have to wake up early again and do revision for exam that would be around the corner! Damn! I hate it... But I need to stay positive so that I can succeed well in my studies. Please pray for me guys! Bye!

That's all from me!

Don't forget to upvote this story too!

Please continue subscribe me and I will love you till the end of my life!!!

Ah! Please vote for my story and comments!!! Kekeke~ Love readin' it!

Please continue subscribing and help me to improve my English-writing skills!

Hope you guys will always be healthy and happy! Love ya'll! 

 

Till next time!!!

With lots of lots of love,