𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Dance to Love

 

 

 

---------NARRATOR '  S   POV

“HyeMi! There’s a street dance competition at the hall beside the playground tomorrow. Care to go?” Eun Song, her best friend spoke as they were eating their lunchbox.

“Jinjaa?! I want to go! Can I participate in it?” HyeMi asked.

“I don’t know about that… HyeMi-ah, isn’t your mom didn’t like you to go participate in open dancing competition like that?” Eun Song continued to eat her lunchbox inside the classroom.

“Yeah… But I have to go! I want to enter the street dance competition for a long time! Let’s go secretly after school… Can you accompany me? Please…?” HyeMi begged her friend as she cutely widened her blue eyes, waiting for her friend’s decision.

“YAH! Don’t use your aegyo to me! Okay! I’ll go with you!” Eun Song shouted.

“SCORE!! My aegyo always work on you! Saranghae!” HyeMi make a love shape with her fingers.

“YAAHH!!!” Eun Song erupted.

“Jagiya, your rice is spraying out from your mouth!” HyeMi teased.

 

<<*FAST  FORWARD*>>

 

“HyeMi-ah, are you ready now? Did you bring your dancing shoes? How’s your mom said?” Eun Song asked as they were waiting for their teacher to enter the class.

HyeMi opened her bag and pulled out a pair of beautiful dancing shoes. She also showed her clothes that she brought for the competition.

“I said to my mom that my ballet class will be ended late today so she didn’t have to come to fetch me. Besides, my mom will come back late today, so my father would be fetching me. Operation going smoothly, sir!” HyeMi jokingly make a salute to her friend.

“Yah! You’re skipping your ballet class?! I didn’t know that you’re having classes today!” Eun song shouted to her beautiful friend.

“Slow down your voice a bit! Gwenchana… It’s a lifetime experience! I have to enter that competition!” HyeMi pinched her friend’s cheek.

“Alright! Alright! I won’t take any responsibility if your teacher scolds you for skipping her class!” Eun Song advised.

“Yes sir!” HyeMi said happily.

“Whoa! HyeMi! You look good on that!” Eun Song shouted as HyeMi finished changing her school uniform.

“Let’s go now! I hope that my mom won’t see this!” HyeMi tied her long straight hair into a ponytail.

The girls started to walk towards the hall. As they reached there, it already packed with people. Some groups were practicing their moves with the hall filled with loud blasting hip-hop music. HyeMi watched them in amazement.

Then, a voice from her back shocked her and Eun Song.

“Hey, little girl! What are you doing here? Get out! This is not some kind of playground!” A big muscular person with black spectacles shouted at them.

That person was right. The place was not kind of playground as it packed with many kinds of people wearing y clothes, people with piercings, tattoos and foreigners.

Only HyeMi and Eun Song were LITTLE GIRLS.

They were only 10 years old.

While they were frozen in the spot, an announcer spoke on the big stage in front of her.

“What’s up to all street dancers! I’m your host tonight, JoSung! Okay, today we have a special jury that will be judging your dancing skills! She had been a top in Korea as a choreographer for the K-Pop idols! She is the beautiful Lee Mina! She will be here any minute so make yourself the best coz the Dancing Goddess is in da’ house!!” The announcer stated.

“Hey, the name was similar to my mom’s name! What a coincidence!” HyeMi thought.

“Yah… HyeMi-ah! Let’s get out from here! I’m scared!” Eun Song whispered to her best friend.

“That’s it!! You’re going outside now!!” The muscular man shouted as HyeMi didn’t pay attention to him.

All attention of the dancers in the hall were on them as HyeMi was being dragged to the door. She struggled to free herself but it was useless.

“Let me go!!” HyeMi retorted.

“You’re not going anywhere!!” The muscular man grabbed Eun Song and pulled them while HyeMi was trying hard to break free of his grasp by hitting his arms.

The hall started making a circle around them to see HyeMi and Eun Song that were screaming and shouting to the man.

“HYEMI!!!” A voice shocked them.

“M-Mom…?” HyeMi stuttered with tears that had started swimming in her eyes.

Eun Song was being sent to her home with a taxi that has been paid by Lee Mina, HyeMi’s mother.

“M-Mom… I-I-“ HyeMi tried to speak.

“I’ve called your dad to pick you up, now. We’ll talk about this later. I’m so disappointed in you, HyeMi.” Her mother spoke in a stern voice without looking at her.

“I’m so sorry, mom…” Tears were rolling down her cheeks while she was looking at her mother’s face.

“Sorry won’t cut it. Your father will take you to the dance studio. I’ve phoned your Salsa teacher to teach you. I’ll be taking you home after you finished your lesson.” Her mother affirmed again.

HyeMi sobbed as her face was facing down, crying hard. Usually, her mother will call her ‘Baby’, her long brown hair, looked into her blue-eyes and smiled sweetly only for her.

Now, her mother didn’t do that.

“Lee HyeMi!” His father’s voice called her in her full name after he went out from his black Mazda 6.

HyeMi’s mother went to her husband, leaving HyeMi crying alone behind her. HyeMi looked at her parents’ that were talking seriously with her mom crossing her arms at her chest and her father was sitting on the hood of the car, listening to her mother’s explanation.

HyeMi felt really hurt and abandoned. She wished that she could vanish so that she wouldn’t feel like this.

“Lee HyeMi, get in the car. Let’s go, now. Your mother has to work.” His father voice startled her from her crying.

HyeMi went to her mother and hugged her waist because she was so small but this time her mother didn’t reply it back. Instead, she only her hair once and walked inside the hall.

HyeMi silently cried as she looked at her mother that was walking away from her. Her father quickly lifted her and put her at the passenger’s seat.

“Appa… I-I’m sorry...” HyeMi silently cried.

“We were very disappointed in you. You skipped your ballet class, you lied to your mom, and now you were trying to enter this street dance competition? Plus, you dragged your friend here and if something happen to your friend when she was there, do you want to take responsibility?!” Her father scolded her while he was speeding towards the dance studio.

HyeMi didn’t reply as she knew that it was her fault. Her appa was not the same appa as she knew that always love her.

Everything was a mess and all because of her.

She cried a lot as she was practicing Salsa with her teacher. Her teacher didn’t stop to console her because her mother had told to not to.

She never felt that dancing was hard but this time dancing was really hard and hurtful.

As the time passes, HyeMi’s mother opened the door of the dance studio revealing HyeMi that was dancing with her tears running along her cheeks.

Her mother felt sad to see her daughter continued dancing but HyeMi needs a lesson.

“Lee HyeMi.” Lee Mina, the dancing goddess and also HyeMi’s mother called her in a serious tone.

“Mom…” HyeMi stopped dancing and wiped her tears quickly.

“Lee HyeMi, do you know that I am very disappointed in you? Now, please explain to me why did you go to the dancing competition?” The woman that had the same blue eyes as HyeMi affirmed as she walked nearing her beloved only daughter.

“I-I’m sorry mom… I-I-“ HyeMi could not speak properly as her sobs kept getting louder.

Her mom looked at her. As a mother, she wanted to hug and gave all of her love to HyeMi but HyeMi needed to learn from her mistakes.

HyeMi closing the gap between her mother and her and hugged her tightly while lowering down the volume of her cries by snuggling to her mother’s clothes.

“Lee Mina. Where’s our daugh-“ Her father entered the dance studio after went back from his work.

His father looked at HyeMi that was crying hard while hugging her mother. Lee Mina diverted her gaze to her husband and sighed deeply, not knowing what to do with HyeMi.

HyeMi noticed her father, quickly rushed towards him as he sat on one knee, and replied her daughter’s hug.  HyeMi cried on her father’s shoulder.

“A-Appa… I’m s-sorry… I’ve s-shouldn’t do that… P-Please forgive me…” HyeMi tightly clung onto her father’s neck.

“Now, please tell us why did you go to that place? Did you know that the place was dangerous? The people there could harm you. More importantly, your friend. Why did you bring her along? Her mother could be worried as much as we do if her mother knew that she went to that place.” His father said in a soft tone while his little child.

“I j-just wanted to compete in the street dance. I-I want to s-show my skills. I-I want to be like mom.” HyeMi uttered.

Her mother lowered herself, cupped HyeMi’s cheeks, and gave a kiss onto her daughter’s forehead. She then wiped the tears that stained HyeMi’s cheeks while looking deeply into her eyes.

“Baby… Look at me…. It is not the right time for you to show off your dancing skills. I always told you to keep practicing so one day that you would become better than me. But, this is not the right time. Appa’s right. The people there could harm you. I will feel guilty and sad if that’s happen to you. We love you. Promise me that you won’t lie to me anymore and don’t ever skip your dancing class. Don’t ever crush my heart anymore.” Her mother spoke with love.

The family went towards their house. As HyeMi was sitting at the back passenger’s seat, she fell asleep because of too much crying. Her eyes became swollen.

“Our daughter seemed to learn her lesson now.” Lee Jang Woo, HyeMi’s father said as he sped throughout the night.

“Do you think that I scolded her too much? I’m afraid so.” Lee Mina asked with a worried expression plastered on her face.

“No, honey… She had to be scolded like that. It’s dangerous! Can you imagine if something happen to our only daughter? But… I really envy you. You really an awesome mother.”  Lee Jang Woo praised his beautiful wife.

“*chuckle* Thanks. Do you want something from me? It’s quite weird for you to praise me, hon.” The beautiful choreographer said in a curious tone.

“Hmm… A kiss, maybe? I rarely get it from you now because of our busy schedule. You only kiss our daughter but not me! I’m your handsome husband!” The man said while looking at his wife for a while before concentrating on the road again.

“Yeah, right… You’re my handsome husband. Here, let me give you a kiss.” HyeMi’s mother leaned over her husband and gave a quick peck on his cheek.

“YES!!! I got one! Oh yeah!” Lee Jang Woo exclaimed in a whisper because of her daughter was sleeping soundly at the back.

“Hon, could you carry her to our room? I want to sleep with her tonight.” Lee Mina asked her husband while she opened the car as they reached their house.

“Sure. Help me carry my suitcase in the car boot.” He answered while carrying her sleeping daughter.

<<*FAST FORWARD*>>

The family was laying on the comfortable queen bed in the dimness of the bedside lamp. HyeMi was sleeping in between her mother and father.

As Lee Mina settled comfortably on the bed in her nightgown, suddenly HyeMi moved to close the gap between her and her mother.

“I’m sorry, mom…” HyeMi mumbled and hugged her mother while she was sleeping.

Lee Jang Woo froze for a moment while looking at his beautiful blue-eyed wife with a shocked expression.

“Shh… I forgive you… Love you, baby.” Her mother HyeMi’s long brown hair and rested her chin on HyeMi’s head.

HyeMi’s father went closer to her wife and gave a peck on the forehead.

“Good night, honey. Thank you for giving me such a beautiful daughter.” He smiled.

............

........

....

..

“HYEMI!”

-------END  OF   PROLOGUE

 

Thank you for Kpopmylife101 from Louisiana, United States! She's the first one to subscribe my story! Gomawoyo!!!!

Also for NuEstJjang from Singapore! Love from me~~

Then, my new subscriber! AlwaysAnElf also from Singapore!! Thanks for subscribing! Saranghae!!

 

 


 

Annyeong! Bluesky's here! This is the intro of the story.... I made this story with the same format as novels. So, it's quite a long story I guess... But I hope you like it! I will continue to upload more and more! Ah! I forgot to tell you guys! This story was written last year but I didn't have time to upload it because I have a big exam that year....so....you will see that the chapter will kept getting longer and longer... At first I want to make this story short but I decided to make it longer. I'm sorry coz I was lazy to re-edit the 1st till the 4th chapter... (Sorry!!!) But I really hope that I you will like it!!!

That's all from me! Love you guys!! Thanks for giving me lots of love!! I will try harder!!!

Please don't forget to comment! I love reading your comments!! Kekeke~~ Don't forget to subscribe too!!!

Till next time!!!

With lots of lots of love,