Fifth Catch

Parachute

Another morning of waking up feeling lazy. I sighed, staring blankly at the ceiling above. Jaehyo left last night; we talked on the phone until he couldn't receive a signal to talk anymore. What exactly was I going to do on my three-day break? I didn't have to work on the three days that I had off from school so work wasn't on my list to keep me busy. I to my side and scorned at the wall, thinking that maybe I could come up with an idea to do for my three-day break. But nothing came to mind—well, one thing did come to mind but I knew that going for it wouldn't result in anything. Besides, I didn't even know anyone who knew him to contact him. And anyways, I had told him that I didn't want to ever see him; he agreed to it. I shouldn't even be thinking about him—better yet, I shouldn't let his name come to mind. Sitting up, I decided that I was going to work on homework that wouldn't be due until next month. That would keep me busy and distracted. I nodded at the thought and got up to get myself ready for the day.

Towards the end of the day, I lied on the ground, exhausted from trying to solve problems that grinded my brain. But I do have to admit that it felt good, having to think hard on a problem and getting frustrated that I couldn't find the answer to it. Guess he was right about me being not too good at it. I stopped; closing my eyes, I shook my head to get rid of his presence that had invaded my mind. Now wasn't the time to think of Kyung! I was doing so good today and suddenly I had fallen back to where I had started this morning. I rolled across the room, stopping midway because an idea had popped into mind: go outside for a small walk. I'm pretty sure it would take him off of my mind. Standing up, I walked to the exit of the house and slipped on my shoes. As soon as I clicked open the door and stepped outside, I started to feel more relaxed. Being stuck in that room wasn't doing me any good.
As I walked, I heard voices talking quite loudly from afar; it didn't take me long before I realized that the voices had belonged to a person that was in a group—just a couple feet before me. I stopped in my tracks and tried to make out who it was, oblivious to the consequenses that would come. My heart stopped beating for a whole second as faces from the group turned to look at me. I looked away from the group and pointed a finger forward, pretending that I hadn't heard them and was minding my own business. Of course, this doesn't fool them—I shouldn't have even thought it would. I took a step forward and began to walk quickly, hoping they wouldn't come after me. I knew I should have brought my bike with me, I would have gotten out of that situation faster! Just when I thought I was far enough from the group, my name was called from behind by him—Kyung.

I resisted the urge to turn around and face him. What exactly was Kyung doing with that group anyways? I asked myself as I quickened my pace. Kyung shouted my name loudly; the sound of his shoes hitting the cement echoed. I clenched my fist and walked faster; I came outside to get away from thinking about Kyung, yet here I am, running away from the person! My arm was suddenly caught, forcing my legs to stop walking—and running away from him. I didn't dare to turn and look at Kyung though.
"What do you want?" I questioned, "I'm kind of in a hurry,"
"For what?" He asked slightly pulling my arm closer to him.
"Something," I answered, "what do you want from me?"
"I'm wondering what you're doing out so late,"
"Just walking," I simply answered, "is that a problem?"
"It's a problem when you decide to stop and listen to a group of guys—whom would take advantage of you."
"Well, I ran and got away,"
"You only got away because I told them I would do something about you," he explained, "don't be so dull on this kind of subject."

I frowned and jerked my arm away from Kyung, "Bye,"
"You've been trying to look for me, haven't you?"
I stumbled in walk at his comment.
"I knew it,"
I turned around and crossed my arm, "I have not,"
He scoffed, "Your walk said it all,"
"Yeah well," I cleared my throat, "it doesn't,"
Kyung laughed, "Your comebacks are weak as always,"
I sighed and turned, "Bye,"
"Hey, if you want to know my personal life, come by my place tomorrow." He informed as I started to walk away. He shouted, "I live just off the 34th highway." Though I was annoyed of Kyung, I noted his information in my head because... well, I do wonder about his whereabouts.

-


When I woke up the next morning, I found myself feeling excited yet nervous to start the day. The reason? My mind had conjured up with the idea that I was going to visit Kyung, but only because I had to ask him questions. There was no other reason I was going to meet him. I don't miss Kyung nor am I eager to see his face. I just wanted to ask him questions and get some answers from him. Though after a couple seconds of staring at myself in the mirror, I knew that my intentions of going was not because I wanted answers from him. I had unconcisouly dressed myself up in a loose light blue t-shirt with elbow-length sleeves and a navy, knee-length skirt. My eyes light up with make-up but my lips stayed a peachy- color. What exactly was I doing? I tapped onto my phone to look at the time and noted that I didn't have all day to stand here. Walking out of the bathroom, I grabbed my pair of blue flats off the ground and slipped them on.
Exiting my apartment, I reached for my phone in my pocket and searched for a taxi number. I found one within seconds and placed the device next to my ear. The phone rang twice before someone picked up and I told the person my address. To wait, I sat on a curb and played games on my phone. After a 15-minute wait, the taxi arrived and I got in without hesitation. The taxi driver asked for my destination and I told him. The man made a face before telling me that the way there would take 30 minutes or more and I told him I was fine with it. I needed to see Kyung, I said in my head, finally admitting the reason to myself.

I had fallen asleep on the way to Kyung's place and was woken up at the sound of the taxi driver's voice. I yawned and reached into my bag for my wallet. After paying the man, I got out of the taxi and stared widely at the building before me. It was tall and huge—taller and more huge than Jaehyo's friend's apartment building. He must be very wealthy to live in such a place. As I took a step a forward, a voice called for me from beside. I turned my head and found Kyung standing just a few feet away from me. His hair was lazily touseled to the side and he wore a plain, white t-shirt with jeans. I resisted the urge to run to him, which was strange for me to even do. I clenched my fist and cleared my throat, "I-I just came to ask you questions,"
Kyung pulled a smirk onto his lips and resumed walking towards me, "Sure; and I guess I have answers for your 'questions.'" He air-quoted, not believing my reason of being here.
"You live there?" I pointed to the building.
"No," he answered, "I'll show you where I live after we get something to eat."
"But—"
Kyung shook his head, "From the looks of it, you got up early this morning just to visit me and haven't had anything to eat. So let's get some breakfast and you can began to ask me your questions." He put a hand forward and waited for me to grab it.
I walked towards him but passed on grabbing his hand, "I can walk on my own,"
He laughed, "Don't get lost trailing behind me then." Kyung led us to a nearby cafe which was mildly crowded with people. As we entered in, a lady working behind the counter shouted out Kyung's name, which he responded with a wave.

"Happy to see you," she winked and looked over at me, "girlfriend?"
He shook his head and laughed, "Too stubborn for me." I frowned at his comment and sighed impatiently which caught his attention. He cleared his throat, "We'll be in the back."
"I'll get to you guys in about 5 minutes."
"Take your time," Kyung waved and began to walk. He picked a booth hidden in the back and sat down. I do the same and awkwardly looked around, avoiding to make any eye contact with him. Kyung sighed and leaned forward, "What are you doing here?"
I looked down at the table and softly tapped it with a finger, "I told you I had questions."
"You really expect me to believe that?" He snickered, "Just admit that you missed me; and that those two weeks of not seeing me was hard for you."
"They weren't," I countered.
"Ah, right," Kyung nodded, "it probably wasn't because you had Jaehyo there, huh?" He asked, which I don't answer to. He proceeded to ask me more, "By the way, where is Jaehyo? Shouldn't he worry that his girlfriend is currently with her ex? Unless you lied to him so you could make your escape."
"He's on a business trip," I answered, "and I would never lie to Jaehyo about anything. He trusts me and I trust him. It's something special in our relationship."
"Of course it is," Kyung nodded, "it was something we never had huh? Trust."

I sighed, knowing that he was prolonging our conversation so I couldn't ask him my questions. So without further ado, I quickly asked, "Why didn't you tell me you knew my dad?" I finally looked up at Kyung. His brows furrowed as he tried to think of an answer, but after a few seconds, nothing came from his lips. "You lied to me about pitying me because you searched my dad for money after he got shot. You lied and covered it by bugging me, right?"
Kyung swallowed back, "He told me to look after you," he began, "even before he died. While he was tutoring me, he told me that if he were to ever just disappear one day, he would want me to look after you. He wanted me to make sure you were happy and protected from harm." Kyung paused, "So I did. After he passed, he told me your name and said that he wanted me to be there for you and tell you that he loved you."
I resisted the urge to reach over and grab Kyung's hand, and asked, "So...what you said to me, that night, was a complete lie, right?" I exhaled, hearing a slight tremble. "You only said those things to me because you were trying to protect me from harm,"
He doesn't say anything.
"Admit it already," I shook my head, "just... admit it."
Still nothing from him.

I scoffed and decided to ask, "Why are you even back? Why are you even involving with yourself with me?"
"I'm not," he answered, "well, technically, I'm not trying to. I'm only appearing back into your life because you think that I am. I've actually been here for a while and I've seen you here and there."
"What do you mean?" I asked, "You've been here?"
He nodded, "After that day, I left to go back to my parents' house and told them I would follow what they say. Immediately, they transfered me to a private school, which is where I met Jaehyo's step-brother. After graduating there, my dad ordered me to just jump into work with him and that's what I've been doing."
"Then, what were you doing outside with those guys last night?"
"Those guys were Taeil," he answered, "and that's all you should worry about."
"Kyung—"
"How is it with you and Jaehyo?" He interrupted with a change of subject, "Have you two done it?" He asked way too casually.
I choked on air at his question and shook my head furiously, "No!"
He laughed, "No? It's only so long that a man can wait,"
"T-That kind of thing is personal," I countered, "why be so curious about it?"
"Because all I got from you were kisses," he leaned back, "but I guess, hearing that kind of makes me feel at ease that you haven't done it with him—or anyone else to say the least."
I scoffed; before I could say more to defend myself, the lady from the front had walked to us and asked us what we were planning to order. After ordering, the lady walked away from our table, leaving me and Kyung to alone once again. Curious, I asked, "Are you dating anyone?"
Kyung smirked and leaned back, "Well, I've had nights with a couple of girls, but I don't think that would count as dates, would it?"
I made a disgusted face and looked away from Kyung, "I'm not going to even ask,"
"What about you, huh?" He asked, "Or did you stay single until you met Jaehyo?" I nodded in response. He slightly cocked his head to the side, "Jaehyo must have made a big impression on you for you to want to date him."
"He bugged me and eventually, things just kind of...."
Kyung nodded, "I get it,"
For the rest of our time in the cafe, we ate in silence. I avoided any looks from Kyung, not wanting to start a conversation with him because I had a feeling it would spoil my mood. After paying for our meals, we walked out of the cafe and I followed Kyung as he lead us to his place. I had a gut-feeling that I shouldn't be following him, but my mind washed that feeling away and urged me to follow. What more did I want to ask him anyways? It felt like all my questions were answered in the cafe. Before I could think of anything else, the drop of rain touched the left-side of my cheek. I stopped walking and looked up, squinting at the sky. No way did the weather say anything about rain. A soft slap was made around my wrist and I was suddenly dragged by Kyung as the sky quickly turned gray and rain poured from clouds.

He lead us to a nearby canopy to keep dry from the pouring rain.
"Didn't think it would rain," I mumbled. Though I thought Kyung had heard me, when I turned to look at him, I noticed that his attention wasn't on me. Beside us was another person—a female—who was drenched from the rain. I noticed quickly that his hand was clasped around hers.

"Thanks,"
"No problem," Kyung smiled at her, "you'll be fine if you stay under here."
I looked back at my hand and felt a drop of disappointment seeing that he had already let go of my hand. I clenched my fist and turned the other way. A new feeling filled the cavities of my chest: jealously. Of course, after seconds, I asked myself why I was even feeling this way. I shouldn't care that he was holding onto her hand and not mine. Right then, I felt the need to go home; and regretted coming here.

 


author's note; sorry for a late update! I got sick last Tuesday and did not feel well until Sunday morning. But thanks for reading as always!
@Yerlie303: awwww thank you for such a motivating comment ;__; I'm glad that my ff intrigues you in such a way! Thank you so much for reading & leaving a comment n__n
@kissme4life_99: lol oh yeah! More Kyung is def coming your way ;D  thanks for reading!!!!