Second Catch

Parachute

I walked back into the building and immediately found Jaehyo, and he found me. He ran towards me at once and pulled me into his arms as if he had been looking for me. I wrapped my arms around him and breathed in his scent, instantly feeling at peace rather than on edge.
“Where did you go?” He asked, pulling back. His eyes narrowed with worry and lines creased his forehead.
I hesitantly jutted my thumb to point behind, “I just went out for some air,”
“Sorry I left you,” his lips thinned, “I should have told her that I was with you,”
I shook my head, “It’s okay; it looks like you guys haven’t seen each other in a while anyways.”
“You want to head back home?” He asked, “I think we had enough fun here.”
“Have you meet your step-brother yet?” I quickly asked.
Jaehyo twisted his lips, “I guess you can say that I did meet him,”
“Is he what you have always envisioned?” I asked with a slight tease.
Jaehyo smiled, “Definitely,” he laughed. Leaving an arm around my waist, he walked us out of the building. I slightly turned my head back to the building, and for some reason, I was hoping to catch a last glimpse of Kyung but I didn’t.

-

Waking up the next morning, I couldn’t find the will to get up and get myself ready for the day. All I wanted to do was stay in bed and do nothing, but doing that will only result in unproductiveness. With a sigh, I sat up and made a grab for my phone lying next to me. I tapped onto the screen and noticed a message from Jaehyo. Of course, I wasn’t surprised or anything because it was his usual “good morning” text. After sending him a morning greet, I got off my bed and walked to the bathroom to wake my brain my up. Today was a weekend and I didn’t have much to but go to work later on. My phone buzzed and I reached for it to read Jaehyo’s message. With a slight tilt to my head, I reminded myself that I was still tutoring Jaehyo. It would be great to go somewhere quiet and just learn about math. That was all it would take to calm me down from that small incident with Kyung last night.
Just thinking about him made me high on edge. There was just something about Kyung that made me feel like I should be cautious around him—but at the same time, I knew I was safe. With that in mind, I started to go into deep thought of what Kyung had been doing for the past months. He said that he knew the guy that Jaehyo’s dad was throwing the party for so that must mean that he went abroad to study too? Then would that mean his parents are rich and probably just as strict as Jaehyo’s? Kyung had mentioned his parents to me once, but he never went into deep detail. I would need to investigate before jumping to any conclusion.

The rest of my morning I spent it at the park with Jaehyo. We took an hour and thirty minutes to study, and two hours of just… us. He told me about the conversation he had with the girl who stole him while we were “dancing.” Her name was Soyeon and she went to go school with Jaehyo in high school; she was a transfer student. As daring as I was, I asked him if they have ever dated or anything like that. Jaehyo laughed amusingly at my question before answering me.
“Well, I was a bit too obsessed with Hana to really like Soyeon,” he admitted, “but I did hang out with her a lot. She was going through some stuff at the time also, so I was there for her.”
“You seem to be the shoulder for everyone to lean on these days,”
“Everyone… except you,” he leaned forward, “I still feel like there’s more to you that I don’t know about yet.”
I looked away from his eyes and cleared my throat, “Um, so, you met your step-brother last night, right?” I asked, changing the subject.
“Yep,” he nodded.
“What’s his name?” I asked a bit too quickly.
Jaehyo paused before giving an answer, “His name… I didn’t ask for it,”
I looked up with a raised brow, “You didn’t?”
He shook his head, “I met him for a second; we exchanged looks and turned the other way without saying another word to each other.” He exhaled, “He looked a bit annoyed.”
“You’ve never seen him before?”
Jaehyo slightly tilted his head to the side, “No,”
I forced a smile onto my lips, “I’m just curious,”
“What—are you interested in him?” I shook my head. Jaehyo smirked, “Don’t tell me you saw him last night and fell in love with him.” He teased.
I scoffed, “I didn’t even see the guy last night,”

Jaehyo laughed and made a grab for my hand on the table, “Do you want to head back before you’re late for work?”
I nodded, “Are you coming after work?”
“No,” he answered with a frown, “my roommates invited me to go somewhere with them.”
“Oh,” my voice dropped, but I quickly picked it up, “that’s fine. I can walk home alone.”
“Bring your bike with you,” he squeezed my hand, “I don’t want anything to happen to you.”
I nodded, “I will.”

After work, I got on my bike and slowly rode it home. I wanted to enjoy the peace under the night sky for the while. Inhaling the night air, I had the sudden idea to go to the house that Kyung had lived in. I could probably talk to Zico and asked about what happened to Kyung. Hopefully Zico would want to talk to me; our relationship was neutral… I think. Turning the handlebar to the right, I rode to the house. It shouldn’t be too far from here. After a couple of minutes, I found myself lost. I was on a path which looked like it would never end. I knew that I should have just turned back around, but something was forcing me to go forward. But soon enough, I found the house. Seeing that there was people out, I slowed and got off my bike. I cautiously made my way towards the group of people, hoping that they would somewhat recognize me—if those were the same group of people.
My heart started to race as I got closer; no one looked familiar to me. I stopped walking and hoped that they didn’t notice me, but as soon as I turned around, someone had called out to me. ! I froze, unsure what my next plan was going to be. Should I lie to them I was lost and thought I could ask for help? No, that might tempt them to do something… to me. I swallowed in a ball of spit and decided to turn around.

“Don’t be scared of us,” a voice shouted, “we won’t do anything to you.”
“We can help you,” another shouted.
“A-Actually, I was just on my way back,” I turned and jutted a thumb back, “so—”
“Come join us,”
I bit onto my lower lip. I am so stupid. I shook my head, “I actually have to—”
“Hey, you’re Kyung’s, aren’t you?” A man stepped forward; thick-rimmed glasses and a haircut that was cringed-worthy. I squinted, trying to get a good look at the man but I held no memory of him. After a couple seconds of me not answering him, he took a step forward. “Guess you don’t remember me; I’m Taeil.” The name rung a small bell in my head, but nothing major. I nodded as if I did remember. “Been a while since I’ve seen you here.”
“I was just on my way back,” I answered.
“Stay,” Taeil smiled, “I’m sure you some questions of sort about Kyung.”

I knew I was going to regret my decision, but the mention of Kyung was enough for me to walk towards Taeil—oblivious to whatever was going to happen. Taeil took me inside of the house and we sat on the couch. Alone. I scooted to the side and decided to ask him, “W-Where’s Zico?”
Taeil laughed amusingly at my question, “Where’s Zico?” He repeated and leaned back, “you’re really going to ask me that?” I don’t answer him. Taeil exhaled, “That night when Kyung broke up with you, Zico and Kyung were out talking and they were encountered by those men. He told Zico and Kyung to pay but they ran from him and decided it was best to split up and meet up here. Unfortunately, Zico got shot.”
I stiffened and watched as Taeil shifted on the couch.
“He died for you, you know.” Taeil said, “We all knew how much Kyung loved you; and because of that, Zico decided to take that shot so the men wouldn’t come after you.” He paused, “But you know, I think it was stupid of Zico to do so. We lost a great leader and gained nothing because the next day, Kyung announced that he was going to leave.” Taeil sighed, “You do know that Kyung knows your father, right?”
“What do you mean?” I asked, “He knows my dad?”
Taeil nodded, “Even before he met you, he knew your dad.”
“H-How?” I clenched my fist.
Taeil snickered, “Looks like he didn’t tell you, huh?”
I shook my head.
“You can’t believe that he just suddenly decided to talk to you because he wanted to, right?” He questioned, “Your dad tutored Kyung and sometimes came over here to talk with us. He mentioned you a couple of times to us—and a lot to Kyung. I don’t know what happened the night he died though.”

I was shocked. Kyung knew my dad and lied to me?
“Anyways,” Taeil scooted to me, “now that I’ve told you things, I think you should do something for me in return.”
I stood up, dodging a “hug” from Taeil, “I-I have to go,”
Taeil quickly stood up, “Not yet,” he suddenly caught me in his arms and inhaled, “no wonder Kyung liked being around you. You smell really good.”
“Let… go,” I struggled to free myself.
Taeil clucked his tongue and shook his head, “Not until I’m satisfied,” he threw me onto the couch and smiled, “It’s your fault that we lost Zico; and since you and Kyung are no longer together, I don’t see why I can’t have you.”
I kicked the shin of Taeil’s leg before he could do anything to me. He cursed and slapped the side of my face, creating a sting to spread. My hands were quickly bind together and legs unable to move. I struggled and struggled, but he had me. I could feel his breath trickle on the nape of my neck, but before he could do anything a voice shouted.

“Let her go,”
I stiffened at the voice. It couldn’t be…

Taeil loosened his grip around my hands, “Kyung.”


author's note; thanks for reading n__n
@kissme4life_99: mwahahaha! well that's great that you're torn between the two - t`was my plan the whole time rofl! Thanks for reading!!!
@Yerlie303: lol yes, it is a complicated situation... even I am not sure who she should end up with.. I mean, uh, I know who she ends up with!! Hahahahahaha! And yes, I am quite serious-serious about ending this fic D: it was supposed to end a chapter ago, but I am dragging it for too long lol thanks for reading!