Chapter Two

That is Unexpected

A month has passed. Lee Jonghyun is still the same. he doesn't talk to anyone unless necessary. He is always on his own. and no one dares approach him. She noticed how smart he is after answering a very complicated out of this world problem in calculus. Only him, not even Seo Joo Hyun the girl she believes the smartest on this earth has answered the problem making her belive that Lee Jonghyun maybe the missing son of Einstein, if ever Einstein has a missing son. She tries making friends with him, but the boy seems not interested, or shy or i don't know, I think he really doesn't like her. But she will not give up one day, she promise Lee Jonghyun will be her friend by hook or by crook! It must be her who will be the first friend of the mysterious Lee Jonghyun!!! *insert crashing water on the stone sound effects here*

Her inner drama was interrupted when her she felt her cellphone vibrate in her pocket. 

From: Seo "Life-Saver" Joo Hyun

"Unnie I can't go school for one month. I filed a leave of absence.

I need to visit omma in staes.

Do your assignments on your own."

I felt someone just thrown a bucket of ice on my body as I read the text of maknae. This is not happening! The preliminary exams is nearing, the teachers should not allowed her to file the goddamn leave. WHO WILL FREAKING TEACH ME? I can't rely on the others, only seohyun can make me understand. huhuhuhu.. i can feel it! i will fail the examination. I will not graduate. I will repeat the year. I will be doomed. I will be dead. yeah i know I'm exaggerating, but that is how i'm feeling right know. I sat on my table looking like my soul left, I bet it left with seohyun together with the hope of passing the examination. 

"Hey yoona why so down early in the morning?" Taeyon asked. all of the girls look at me.

"Seo Joo Hyun left in the most crucial moment, no one will gonna teach me" I said to them.

"C'mon, you will just fail the prelims, you still have the midterms and the finals. you can catch up" Jessica said.

"Yah! You should have said 'C'mon yoona, we'll teach you, we will not let you fail', what kind of friends are you? Encouraging me to just fail the exams" I jokingly said to them.

"C'mon it's not your first time to fail, you can move on without having problems" Tiffany said while laughing.

"aishh these girls, all of you are worthless" I whine like a child kicking. they all laugh with my childish behavior.

Suddenly, Taecyon approach me and said "Yoona-yah I am willing to teach all of our lessons" he said wiggling his eyebrows. I was about to be thankful for the help when he suddenly added "Just come to me on a date and I will be your tutor." my face fell. what kind of world am i living? can someone just give without wanting to have something in return, I'm starting to be a drama queen here. "No thank you taecyon, but i am not interested in dating" "c'mon, don't you think we look good together.? Just let me know if you're ready to date me and I promise to tutor you and make you on top" he said flashing his gummy smile. I am really thankful that Junsu called him, for he is starting to irritate me. 

"Yoona-yah, have you finished your Physics assignment? Mrs. Jung will have recitation later regarding the assignment" Sunny said.

ERMYGAHD! It's not even a day and I can feel the absence of SeoHyun I totaly forgot the Physics assignment. I looked at sunny in puppy eyes "Sunny-yah~~ my cute liitle ball of sunshine, can i copy your assignment, please? just this once? i promise I'll treat you to lunch" I said mustering all my aegyo powers. "NOPE! Not a chance. How can you explain later if you'll just copy. Answer the asignment on your own" The little traitor said. " C'mon sunny, i will not understand it even if i spend a millenia staring on our book. just let me copy yours, please? " I pleaded. " My decision is final, NO!" with that, the little creature is off to his chair. what great friends i have. *sigh* then suddenly an idea popped in my mind, you can almost hear the "ding" sound. 

I turned to my side, and see what I am looking for. Lee jonghyun as usual is alone, quiet mysterious aura clouding him is sitting beside me while reading a book. I move my seat closer to him and when he doesn;t look up, I make my presence recognized  "jonghyunniieee~~ " i call him in the cutest way. luckily jonghyun acknowledge me, he looks at me and i was left speechless, this is the first time he looked at me. I feel proud.

When he doesn;t said anything I take this as an opportunity, " Seatmate, have you finisihed our assignment in Physics?" he said "Yes" ERMYGHAD, hear that people he answered me! This is good, moving on. " Can you please teach me to answer the problems, the teacher might call me and i will be punished if i will not answer" I looked at him while praying silently for him to say yes, I waited and waited until he said " what problems are difficult for you?" I stared at him in disbelief, are you thinking what I'm thinking? is it just me or he just relay his intent to teach me?

before he changed my mind I grab my book and point the first problem. He then fish out his ballpen inside his pocket and started explaining to me the basics, he point out useful formulas and even teach me all the problems in the assignment. He is very good. He can pass as a professor. After teaching me everything, he said " Is there anything that confuses you?"  I said "Are you kidding me? after that I think I can understand anything, you're such a great teacher. You're the best" I smiled at him wide and show my two thumbs up.

His next action caught me off guard. He ruffled my hair, smiled and said "Good". I think I just died. Lee Jonghyun has the greatest smile I've ever seen. I look at him intently and scoot closer to him, I remove his glasses and he blinked several times taken aback with my action i pulled his hair up so that I can see his eyes. CALL THE AMBULANCE! CALL 911! Call THE POWER RANGERS! HE IS SO FREAKING HANDSOME! "Hey! Smile again! Let me see that smile again" He stared at me and I feel the butterflies in my stomach are starting to have a party, he loked confused but he smiled again, showing his dimples in all of its glory, with his beautiful eyes that can melt eveybody's heart and then he said "you're weird" i think i heard something explode, i think it's my ovaries. i can feel it, my ovaries are history. He got his glasses back and put his hair back to its offending style and return on reading his book.

I just stared like an idiot. I think I just see a paradise. I can hear the birds chirping somewhere. I suddenly realized what my purpose on life is. and that is to make lee jonghyun smile.

 

------------

Hihihi, can you believe it I just continue the story, I have two chapters. YAY! COngrats to me!!!!!