Chapter Twelve

That is Unexpected

 

After three nights staying at Jonghyun’s condo, I found out lots of things about him, the Jonghyun I see in school and the Jonghyun when he’s in his condo is totally different. And I am not a bit disappointed with his both sides. I feel like I became closer to him and I felt really happy.

Days passed by in a blur.

Seohyun is my tutor again and she’s really happy with my improvements when it comes to studying. Jonghyun is always leaving early because of his band practice. When I am not studying I go to CNBlue’s practice because it’s the only time I can spend with Jonghyun. Sometimes Seohyun comes with me and that makes Yonghwa oppa more active. Jumping up and down. Tch. He’s so obvious. He really likes my Hyunnie. Why not ask Seohyun in a date?

I miss Jonghyun. Well, at school he’s being the mysterious nerd guy that he is, he doesn’t talk to me unless it’s important or he’s hungry. After school, I am studying with Seohyun so I can’t go to him always at his practice. Haaaayyyyyss. I’m lonely. T______T

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday has come. Alas! Weekends!

“So class, I expect you to pass a reaction paper regarding Romeo and Juliet on Monday. You know what to do, I gave you guide questions so it will be easier. “ Ms. Hyuna our literature said. Good thing I’ve read the book little by little when I have time. I guess I’ll just come to the library and finish it today. I want to hang-out with Jonghyun on weekends. I am Jonghyun deprived.

Class ended and it’s time to go to the library and be productive.

“Yoona-yah, you want to come with us? We’ll go boy-hunting” Yuri asked with a wink.

“I’ll come with you some other time. I want to finish the reaction paper today. I have to go somewhere in the weekend.”

“With somewhere you mean? Jonghyun’s place? Right?” Jessica said, I can hear the teasing in her voice. So much for the friends.

“Hmmmm.. Uhh.. yeah.” I whispered.

“Really, I don’t know why you’re hiding you’re relationship with Jonghyun. We’re not against with you dating him; you know that, don’t you?” Taeyon said.

“But, we’re really not dating unnie. I am telling the truth. We’re just best friends.”  I pout.

“yeah. Yeah. Enough with the best friend talk. Don’t go home late. It’s dangerous. “ Taeyon-unnie is such a mother sometimes. I smiled and waved at them.

-------------------------------

FINALLY!!! I’ve finished my reaction paper! I’m such a genius sometimes. HAHA!

“I don’t need Seohyun’s help anymore I’m an independent woman now. “ I said as I caressed the reaction paper I’ve done in my own. I’m getting emotional you know?

I looked in the wall clock and got a bit surprised. It’s already 9:00pm. It’s a bit late. I should go home now. I bowed at the librarian whom I became close to by now because of my frequent visit to the library.

Hul. I am such a nerd.

I decided to call Jonghyun since he’ll go ballistic when he found out that I am still not home at this hour. So much for being a best friend he’s such a dad sometimes.

*rings*rings*

 hmmmm.. He’s not picking up his phone. Maybe he’s still practicing. I’ll just call him when I got home.

After hanging up my phone that’s when I noticed someone or a group of guys following me. I looked behind me and I saw four guys smirking at me.

What to do? Should I run? Should I shout? What to do? What to do? What to do?

I am really in panic now and started to walk really fast.

“hey! Miss! Let’s go somewhere fun” I looked back and my heart crawled into my throat. They are now very close to me. How did they get here so fast?

I walked a bit faster almost like running ignoring them.

“Not so fast missy, we just want to have some fun.” One of the guys shouts behind my back and they began laughing. OMG! OMG!

I dialed jonghyun’s number and prayed that he would pick up this time.

*ring* ring*

OH God, please Jonghyun! Answer your phone! I am in the verge of crying and I can’t control my hands, they are shaking wildly.

The someone grabs my phone, “ I swear you’ll gonna have some fun tonight.” The guy who shouted is now behind my back holding my phone.

“No! Please! I want to go home!” Finally, my tears are flowing, I’m really scared.

“sssshhhhhhh.. don’t cry babe. I swear I’ll be gentle.” I flinched when he starts caressing my face. The three other guys in the back are just laughing. I am trembling. I am really scared.

I walked backwards. The guy grabs my hand. I yanked it forcefully but he’s too strong for me.

“LET ME GO!!!!” I shout at him but he’s just smirking.

He drags me in a dark alley. I started flailing and kicking.

“Ohhhh. How feisty. I like it more. “ The guy said eyeing me, he pushed me hard on  the wall and pinned both my hands above my head. I felt my back sting. It hurts. I can only cry. I never felt so weak before.

“Help me, jonghyun-ah.” I whispered. I am really scared. I closed my eyes and cried. I really can’t do anything now, can I?

I can fell the guy getting closer to me. I can feel his breath on my face,  I dare not to open my eyes. I shut them really hard. I don’t want to see his face, I am really scared. Then out of nowhere he released me. I open my eyes slowly when I heard shout and grunt. Then I saw the guy holding me before on the ground in pain. His left hand, it’s not supposed to look like that, it is twisted in a painful angle. I look around and found out that the other three we’re fighting against one guy, a guy who wore a leather jacket. I want to know who he is, but I feel so weak, I am still scared. I fall on the ground, my knees giving up. I can see the guy in leather jacket kicking one guy square in his chest after that he grab the hair of the two other guys and bump them together so strong that they both fell on the ground. How can he beat four guys in an instant? After kicking one guy in pain at the ground he walks towards me. I am hugging myself, crying still, when he is just a step away from me I look up and what I see made me cry hard again.

The guy who wore leather jacket, the guy who I owe my life slowly sits down in front of me. Look at me in the eyes and hugs me. I cried and cried.

 I hug him really tight.

 I hug him like my life depended on it.

I hug him because I feel safe now, I am not scared anymore.

 I am safe.

Because Jonghyun, my Jonghyun heard me when I call for help.

“Jonghyun-ahh.” I grabbed on his jacket hugging him tightly. Crying. Crying and crying.

“I’m sorry babe, I’m so sorry.” He is caressing my back making me calm, caressing it up and down.

“I’m so sorry; you’re so scared aren’t you? I’m so sorry. I’ll never leave you alone, I am sorry sweetheart.” He said sorry over and over again that it makes me calm down he’s kissing the top of my head every now and then. We stayed in that position for God knows how long. He hugged me until I calm down.

“Are you somehow okay now? Let’s get you home, okay?” he looks at me in the eye, and I can see that he’s still worried. I nod my head, really tired; I am really tired I can’t even say a word. He stands up and removes his leather jacket. He helps me stand up and put the jacket on me.

“Come on, I’ll carry you home.” He said as he motioned me to climb at his back. He carried me all the way to our house, when we’re already in front of our gate I tugged his shirt.

“hmmmm, why?” he said. Looking back at me.

“I, I don’t want to go home. Let’s just stay in your condo. Omma will be worried to see me like this.” I said. Omma, will ask me millions of question and I just want to forget what happened.

‘Are you sure?”

“Yeah.”

I called Omma and said that I’ll be staying with Jonghyun since I need to finish my project and he will be helping me. We went straight to Jonghyun’s condo. I sat down on the couch in front of the tv. Staring blankly at the show. I know, nothing really happened, but the experience is so scary I am still traumatized with it.

I felt Jonghyun sitting next to me and I turn my head towards him to face him.

He looked at me straight to my eyes, searching something down my soul, he’s stare is so intense but I don’t fell scared, I fell cared, I fell warm.

“have you calmed down?” he said still looking at me.

“yes.” I whispered, also staring at him.  I fell so safe when I’m with you.

“I’m so sorry, I am a bit late on going after you. You’re not mad at me, right?” He said, looking really worried. Why would he think I’m mad at him? I am more than thankful to him for saving me. I tilted my head, still looking at him, I pout and I blinked my eyes several times. I really didn’t know what he’s sorry for.

“Oh! God! Yoona, Don’t do that!!!” jonghyun said and pulled me into a hug.

“What? What did I do?” I asked

“Nothing. *sighs*

Just. Sorry. I’ll never leave you again. And it will never happened again.

I promise.” I returned his hug and I know the things happened to me earlier will no longer happened again because Jonghyun say so. I Smiled and said “ Okay. I trust you.”

After some time of hugging. Jonghyun let go of me and said. “Go get yourself clean, you have clothes in my cabinet. Then let’s sleep.” He said as he pushed me inside his bathroom.

I expected Jonghyun to be lying on his bed after I finished my shower but he’s nowhere to be found. I looked for him and found that his setting up a comforter in front of the tv.

“What are you doing?” I said, walking towards me.

“he scratch the back of his head and said. “ I’ll be sleeping here, you sleep in the room.” He’s not looking at me and is very busy fixing the comforter.

“why? We’ve slept together before, why being a gentleman now?” Teasing him.

“I figured, you’ll be scared having a man close to you, so yeah, I’ll be sleeping here.”

Is he serious?  “ Stop with the drama Jonghyun, why would I be afraid of sleeping with you. Come on! I am so tired I want to sleep. Get your here at the room.” I said walking to the room not waiting for him.

“Are you sure? “ he said, but I bet he needs no answer he’s already dismantling the comforter he arrange. He’s so cute sometimes. Hehehe.

After sometime I feel Jonghyun hugging my waist. I am facing the other side  but I want to see his face. So I turn around.

We look into each other’s eyes. It’s becoming a habit. I feel contented like this. Just looking into his eyes. Saying nothing. It feels comfortable. It’s reassuring. I feel so safe. I care about nothing when we’re like this.  

He finally break the comfortable silence and said “ I’m here. I’ll always be here for you.” He kissed my forehead, my nose and both of my cheeks.. BADUMP! BADUMP! I THINK HE’S GOING TO KISS ME IN MY LIPS!!! LOOK AT HIM LOOKING AT MY LIPS! HE’S GOING TO KISS ME!! OMG! DID I BRUSH MY TEETH? OMG! I was expecting him to kiss me you know? But he just laughs and kissed my chin? That’s it?

“Goodnight bes.” He said smiling. And then he close his eyes. He is still hugging my waist.

“Goodnight superman.” I said and kissed his cheeks.

The last thing I saw before I go to my dreamland is his smiling face.

------------------------------------------------

Yeah! I'm sorry for the late update.

I promise I'll update again soon.

Every storey needs a chapter like this. HOOHOHO.

Thank You for always supporting me.

I love you guys.

---------------------------------------------