Chapter Seventeen

That is Unexpected

 

“For our music” Hongki raised his glass (no that’s not alcohol in Hongki’s glass. Please remember that they are still in high school here. :P) 

“For the music” FTIsland and CNBlue together with the girls shout in unison as they cheered.

The group is generally having a good time.

The door opens and reveals a boy who is staring directly at Yoona. Jonghyun notices how the boy’s stare sticks to his Yoona, too much for his liking but before he can confront the boy.

“uhm, excuse me. Are you yoona-noona?” A very handsome, perfect, angel-like, God-given and to die for face boy shyly asked yoona.

Yoona looked up and saw the boy, Hmmmm.. He is very familiar.. Where did I see him? Yoona is looking to the boy figuring who is he and said “Yes, I am Yoona, but I don’t remember having a younger sibling? But you look familiar.”

“Aisssh. Noona!” The boy said while pouting. OMG!!! THE POUT! No one sees that pout and lives. “You seriously don’t remember me? I am Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo! You see, I am your playmate when you and your mom live in Sang Do Dong!”

CLICK!

“L??????” Yoona was so dumbfounded as long as her knowledge serves her right, Myungsoo or L for her is not a boy who can pass an idol audition and can sweep all the girls hearts with just a pout. What happen to the chubby boy she used to roll in the carpet???? Puberty is such a mystery. How can he transform from a marshmallow to a fine piece of meat?

“Ahh. Neh, noona! Glad you remember me now” he smiled to her and Yoona got to her feet and run to him, giving him a bear hug.

“Oh! My! God! L! YOU’RE NOT MY MARSHMALLOW ANYMORE!” she was turning him round and round. Inspecting him. After a while, Yoona hugged him again and the boy hugged her back. Nuzzling his nose to her neck.

“Ahem” Hyoyeon interrupt the moment. Yoona looked at Hyoyeon and see her pouting. Why is she pouting? Hyoyeon tried to tell Yoona to look at Jonghyun who is throwing laser beam to the boy but Yoona is so dense she did not even notice it.

“So, care to introduce us to YOUR FRIEND Yoona?” Jonghyun is glaring at Yoona emphasizing each words. If words can poison, Myungsoo is now on the floor with bubbles forming in his mouth. Jonghyun asks with poison in every word.

“Ah, yeah. Guys, this is Kim Myungsoo. My childhood friend. HE used to be a marshmallow. Fluffy. I don’t know what happened to him.” Everybody introduce their selves including Jonghyun who just said “jonghyun” and not even offering a handshake. (oh how dense can you be Yoona? Jonghyun is practically spitting fire right there, notice him!!!)

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Kim Myungsoo, But Yoona-noona calls me L or marshmallow, I don’t know why. Nice to meet you all.” He bowed to all of them.

“Myungsoo-ssi, we are celebrating today. You can join us.” Jonghoon offered.

“Thank you but I need to go, my friends are waiting for me too, I just entered this place because I saw noona. Sorry for interrupting your celebration” He bowed again and turned to face Yoona.

“Noona, I’m going home now. Mom miss you and auntie so much, you need to visit us soon.”

Yoona hugged the Myungsoo “I’ll visit with mom next week. I Miss you marshmallow.” And she kissed his cheeks. Myungsoo just shyly scratched the back of his neck and pout “Noona, you can’t kiss me like that, I am a big boy now.”

“whatever L. Go now! Your friends are waiting. Don’t go home late! “ she kissed him again and after that Myungsoo left the group.

Yoona sat next to Jonghyun and continues to eat as if nothing happens while on the other side, jonghyun is glaring at yoona. CNBlue and FTIsland boys noticed the black aura surrounding Jonghyun and engage the girls with conversation so as to give Jonghyun his moment with Yoona.

“So? Who’s that brat?” Jonghyun said thankful that no one is paying them attention.

“Huh? I just introduced him? Were you not listening?” Yoona is still munching her food still not aware of the fuming Jonghyun.

“Guys, I’ll just go outside. “ Jonghyun can’t contain his annoyance and decided that he needs to breathe cool air before flipping the table. He is simply irritated with that brat. He noticed how that Myungsoo boy nuzzled his nose to Yoona’s neck, he can see red.

After a while, Yoona noticed that Jonghyun’s been outside for quite some time. She excused herself to the group to find Jonghyun.

And Jonghyun was nowhere to be found. Yoona panicked a little. Where is he? Does he go home by himself? Ottoke? What if something bad happened to him?

Yoona looked around, and noticed a group of girls squealing surrounding someone.  Yoona was about to ignore them but his ultra bionic hearing caught something.

“OMO! OMO!! OMO! Jonghyun-oppa!! Waaaa!! It’s really CNBlue’s Jonghyun” She quickly strides towards the group of girls shoving everyone in her path. There he saw Jonghyun sitting in the pavement, looking lose in his own world. He is not paying any attention to his surroundings. He’s not even bothered with the girls taking pictures of him and surrounding him. He’s just staring into space, comfortably sitting on the pavement.

“Yah! Jonghyunnie, get up.” Yoona tried to pull Jonghyun to stand. But the latter just look at her and did not even budge. “Hey! Come on! What’s wrong? Let’s go back!” she tried to convince him but he just keep on staring at her.

“Yah! Why are you touching oppa? Who are you?” fangirl number 1 tried to push Yoona, but Yoona choose to ignore since Jonghyun is really acting weird. She tried to pull Jonghyun again but fangirl number 1 push her making her fall to pavement first.

“Aish! It hurts. Can you all shut up?” Yoona stand up dusting his jeans.

“Woah! Girl, you got some balls” Fangirl number 1 push Yoona’s shoulders, as if asking for a fight.

“What balls are you talking about? In case you haven’t notice I’m a girl.” Stupid Girls.

“You’re stupid too. We are asking why are you casually touching our Jonghyun?”

OUR JONGHYUN?” These girls are giving Yoona a massive headache and she is just a second away in morphing to a . And Jonghyun having an autistic lapse right now is not helping her cool his mind.

“YAH! JONGHYUN! WHAT’S WITH THE AUTISTIC LAPSE! STAND UP OR I’LL BEAT YOU INTO PULP!” The fangirls are trying to push Yoona but he needs to get Jonghyun away from here as soon as possible it’s the first time seeing Jonghyun acting like this and it’s making her worried. Is he sick? What happened to him?

She is still worried with Jonghyun that he did not even notice that the girls have pushed her and she is now on the floor, she felt the her left arm stinging and bleeding.

“Ouch! What the hell?” Yoona is inspecting her wound when a pair of hands cupped his face?

“Hey, are you alright?” Seeing Yoona hurt knocked Jonghyun out of his own world.

“Finally, are you on your right mind now? Can we go? Your fangirls are killing my brain cells.”

“Yeah! Let’s go! Let’s go home.” Jonghyun helped Yoona stand up and eyed the girls who pushed Yoona.

“She’s my best friend if you guys hurt her again, I swear, you’ll regret it.” He then wraps his hands around Yoona’s shoulder and walked back to their friends.

“Where have you been?” Hongki asked Jonghyun and Yoona.

“Just. Somewhere” Jonghyun shrugged and said  “Yoona and I will be leaving first, She scraped her arms.  Enjoy the night guys. Please take the girls home safely. Bye.”

“Bye Girls, We’ll be leaving. See you on School on Monday Congratulations boys!!!” Yoona enthusiastically waved at the group but Jonghyun just dragged her outside.

“Woahhh.. I’m sensing a lover’s quarrel.” Jonghoon said.

“They are not even lovers.” Yuri shrugged.

“I’m betting Jonghyun is jealous.” Yonghwa said while feeding Seohyun.

“Let them be, let’s just enjoy the night! CHEERS!!!!” Hyoyeon said and raise her glass.

“CHEERS!! FOR THE STUPID COUPLE! LEE JONGHYUN AND IM YOONA!” Hongki said standing up.

“FOR THE STUPID COUPLE!” they all shout .

~At Jonghyun’s Condo.~

Jonghyun ushered Yoona to the bathroom and washed the scrape in Yoona’s arm without uttering a single word. He puts some antiseptic liquid and place a band aid in silence and then left.

Yoona is just staring at Jonghyun not understanding why he is behaving weirdly.

Yoona walked to the living room and found Jonghyun sitting in the sofa, AGAIN staring in no where in particular. She sit beside him and nudge him. “Hey, what’s the problem? You’re really acting strange. Something happened?”

……..

Jonghyun just give him a blank expression. Yoona is so irritated she wants to punch Jonghyun so badly.

“if you don’t want to talk to me, then fine. Why do you even make me leave first if you’ll not gonna talk to me. I’ll just get back to the restaurant.”

She was about to leave when Jonghyun held her wrist. “Who’s that Myungsoo guy?” he said eyeing Yoona.

“Again? You’re asking who’s Myungsoo again? I told you he’s my childhood friend and playmate, we used to live together with them.” She sit beside Jonghyun again,

“What seems to be your problem with marshmallow?” Yoona asked while staring at him. Jonghyun is now looking at the floor.

Another silence.

“Hey! I’m more beautiful than the floor. Face me! C’mon.” She was trying to lighten up the mood. She still is clueless with what is Jonghyun’s feeling right now.

“Yes. You are so beautiful, I’m afraid you’ll be taken away from me” Jonghyun whispered still looking to the floor.

HUH? Did I Hear him right?

“What did you say?”

“Do you like the brat? That Myungsoo brat?” Jonghyun lifted his eyes and directly stare at Yoona’s eyes.

She was taken aback with the intensity Jonghyun’s eyes is giving. “Yes. Because he’s my childhood friend.” Yoona said without thinking.

Jonghyun stand up abruptly and it startled Yoona. He walks until he faces the wall and suddenly punch it. “!”

“YAH! JONGHYUN! What’s your problem, c’mon stop hitting the wall” Yoona pulled Jonghyun.

“Why are you hurting yourself?”

“Just go Yoona! Go to that Myungsoo! Leave me alone.” Jonghyun said and walk past through her and go inside his room.

SAY WHAT????!!

“WHAT’S YOUR PROBLEM JONGHYUN???!” Yoona can’t contain it anymore. Jonghyun is ignoring her a while ago then he goes asking about Myungsoo and now he’s making her go! Jonghyun is seriously a nut case and she’s about to explode from too much bad vibes.

“JONGHYUN OPEN UP! YOU JERK! HOW DARE YOU! OPEN THIS DOOR OR I’ll NEVER TALK TO YOU AGAIN STUPID!”

Behind the door. Jonghyun is sprawled on the floor. Raking his hair in frustration.

Yoona likes that brat. Where am I in the picture? I’m his bestfriend but she like him!

These feelings are all new to him. He does not even understand the word “jealousy”. All he know is that he is ing irritated with that Myungsoo and he’s so damn afraid that Yoona will be taken away from him!

! ! !

“Ok if this is what you want. Fine.” he heard Yoona. He was torn between opening the door and just ignore yoona. Then he heard the door closed. Seems like yoona is gone.

*sighs* What have I done? After some time Jonghyun doesn’t know what to do anymore. His mind is in  chaos. Yoona was probably angry at him now.

*rings*rings*

Yoona answered her phone. He is not totally angry with Jonghyun just a little bit irritated because she can’t understand him.

“Yoona-yah. I thought you said you’re only mine?” she heard Jonghyun’s voice. He sounded so hurt that it is hurting her too.

“You’re probably angry with me? You don’t want to talk to me, right? Sorry. I…. I just, I just can’t. You like your childhood friend, are you going to abandon me now?” Yoona was about to answer him but he cut her off. “ Sorry, you’re probably confused with what I’m saying. Just take care Yoona.” And then he hung up.

Why does it hurt? Why is Jonghyun sound so hurt? Why is it feel like he’s saying goodbye her?

Yoona is just outside Jonghyun’s condo. She was clutching her chest. A thousand needles is piercing through his heart without any thought, she goes back to Jonghyun.

She opens his room and felt thankful that Jonghyun already unlocked it. Jonghyun has his arms on his eyes.

Yoona lied beside him and hug Jonghyun’s waist.

“Please let’s not fight. Let’s just sleep, arasso? We’ll talk about this tomorrow.” Yoona said as she rubs her face on Jonghyun’s chest.

Jonghyun pulled her closer to him if that’ even possible and hug her back.

“Don’t leave me yoona-yah.”