Four

The Return [The Fallen II] (Permanent Hiatus)

 

The sounds of sizzling and chopping were heard and a heavenly scent filled the small Seoul apartment.

Drying your hair with a soft cotton towel, you walked into the living and headed straight for the kitchen.

You threw your towel over one of the bar chairs and walked over to Suho who was standing in front of the stove, gripping a pan handle with one hand and a wooden spoon in the other.

"Whatcha making?" you asked as you slid next to his side.

"Dinner," he smiled down at you.

"Is it stir fry?" you asked, peering into the pan curiously.

With a flick of his wrist, Suho sent the sizzling vegetables into the air and caught them with the stainless steel pan with ease.

"Yup," he said with a smirk.

"Fancy," you commented and nudged his shoulder, "Do you need any help? I'm not too bad of a chef, if I do say so myself."

Suho placed the spoon down and wiped his hands on the towel that was thrown over his shoulder.

"Well, you could help me by chopping up some kimchi," he said as he motioned towards the unchopped head of cabbage that was sitting on a cutting board next to a knife on the counter next to you.

You nodded your head and quickly washed your hands before taking the knife into your hands.

As you carefully cut the kimchi, you stole a glance at Suho out of the corner of your eye. He would use the wooden spoon to push around the contents in the pan, making sure that none of it was getting burnt.

You turned back to the cutting board with a small smile on your face. Those little actions just said so much about the boy who was standing at your side. How dedicated, careful, and serious he was with the little things in life.

Your thoughts started to wander. The simple thought of you and Suho doing this, making dinner together, entered your mind and caused butterflies to fill your stomach. He would soon be the last thing you saw before you fall asleep and the first thing you would see when you woke up.

Everything just seemed too perfect to be real. So perfect, that it kind of scared you.

You were brought back to reality by a soft click of a stove dial and pair of arms that suddenly s their way around your waist.

"What are you thinking about?" Suho whispered into your ear as he rested his forehead against the side of your head.

You instinctly leaned backed into his muscular chest, a sense of familiarity bubbling in the pit of your stomach despite this being the first time you could remember Suho ever back hugging you.

"Hmm?" you went back to cutting the fermented cabbage like nothing happened.

"You were staring into space for a few minutes," Suho informed you.

"Really?" you tilted your head to the side, "I didn't notice."

You both fell into a comfortable silence as you finished up cutting the rest of the kimchi, in no rush at all.

After a while, Suho tightened his arms around your waist and pressed his lips to your cheek before nuzzling your neck with his nose.

"Stop," you whined, trying to place all of your focus on not cutting yourself with the sharp blade in your hand.

Suho's chest vibrated against your back in laughter as he buried his face deeper into your neck.

"Suho-"

You froze when you saw a small movement coming out of the corner of your eye. A chill run up your spine and you turned your head towards the parted curtains and sliding door that led to the small balcony.

"What was that?" you asked, placing the knife down on the cutting board and wriggling out of Suho's arms.

He stared after you in confused as he watched you pad towards the sliding that led towards the balcony.

"What are you talking about?" concern was laced in Suho voice as he trailed behind you.

You quickly pushed the sliding door opened and stepped out into the chilly night air. A breeze hit your face as you looked left and right.

"I thought I saw something move out here," you mumbled.

Suho leaned through the doorway and peered around, an unsettling feeling forming in his stomach as well, "Maybe it was a bird?"

"Yeah… maybe."

You bit your lip as you continued to stand on the balcony, making no move to join Suho back inside. A gust of wind tousled your hair and caused a shiver racked through your body.

"Come back inside," Suho said softly as he took a hold of your hand and pulled your towards him, "I don't want you to get sick, plus the food's starting to get cold."

You were about to protest, you were so sure that someone, something was out there. But he gave you one of those smiles, the one that he knows you can't refuse.

With a sigh of defeat, you stalking back into the warm living room of his apartment and headed back into the kitchen without another word.

---

Suho glanced away from a rerun of a late night sitcom that was playing on the television. He had already seen the episode so many times that he could probably quote it from beginning to end.

A small smile graced his lips when he saw you, eyes closed and fast asleep with your head resting on his shoulder.

He reached over for the remote and shut the television off, sending the apartment into complete silence.

As carefully as he could, he shifted your head off of his shoulder and hooked his arms under your knees and the small of your back. When he lifted you off the couch and in the air, you curled into warmth and snuggled into his chest all while remaining fast asleep.

He carried you into the bedroom and gently laid you on the bed, hoping that he wouldn't wake you up as he pulled the covers out from under you.

To his relief, you sighed and buried yourself deeper into the white sheets, your eyes still closed and your breathing still even.

Suho tucked your hair behind your ear and placed a lingering kiss on your forehead before silently leaving the room.

He stood in the quiet living room with cheeks puffed out. He looked over at the dishes that were still left on the table from dinner. Deciding that he would clean them up tomorrow, Suho walked over to the sliding door that led to the balcony.

Just as he was about to lock the door and draw the curtains shut, a small white square on one of the outdoor chairs caught his eye.

The night air greeted Suho as he stepped onto the balcony just as you did earlier that night.

He picked up what he found to be a sheet of line paper folded into quarters.

Suho opened the paper, not really thinking anything of it. Maybe it was a sheet of notes that fell out of his pocket while he was having his usual morning coffee.

But when his eyes read what was on the paper, he felt his whole body tense and his world starting to crash around him. He gripped the paper tightly in his hand as he looked around for any other source of life. But it was no surprise that he found himself alone on his balcony, his only companions being the constant car horns from the streets below and the moon above his head.

With shaky hands, Suho lifted the paper up and read the words that were scrawled across the white sheet once again.

You better keep a close eye on your Angel. Remember: we're always watching.

-K

---

Hehe, hey guys *waves* Sorry I haven't updated, I just came back from a short off island trip and school has just been killing me right now. But I hope this chapter makes up for it! Also, I didn't reread this chapter and proofread so I'm positive that there are mistakes. Don't worry, I'll go back and reread it again later, but please bear with me. I wanted to post this chapter up ASAP for you guys. So I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

~Admin Kelc