Twenty-Two

The Return [The Fallen II] (Permanent Hiatus)

“You let them get away?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!” Kang roared.

He swept an arm over his desk and sent all the content on top crashing to the floor.

“I-I-I’m sorry, my Lord,” a Demon bowed its head in fear, “It’s completely my fault.”

Kang took a few deep breaths before looking up at the Demon who was quaking in its spot.

“Yes,” he said in a surprisingly calm voice, “This is all your fault.”

The Demon Lord quickly grabbed a fire pick and stabbed it into the Demon’s forehead without warning. The Demons standing at the back of the room watched in horror as one of their kind screamed in pure agony. Kang watched with emotionless eyes as the Demon slowly met the end its life and bursted into a puff of smoke.

He dropped the pick to the ground, the metal clanking against the wood flooring. He looked up at the Demons who stood frozen in their spots and they immediately dropped their gazes to the floor.

“If you don’t get that Angel back,” Kang said lowly, “you’ll all be next.”

He kicked the pick towards the Demons and walked back to his desk.

---

You clutched your phone to your chest, roar of the storm outside of the glass panes had turned into a quite lull. You absentmindedly spun around in the desk chair, checking the time every now and then. The minutes ticked by, but your service never returned and now your battery was slowly draining. But during all the sitting and waiting, you couldn’t help but wonder how to boys were doing.

Did they save Sungmi?

Did they get caught?

Did they save her but end up getting caught?

All these questions floated around your head as you stared blankly into the darkness of the Communications Room.

A sudden thump brought you back to reality and your eyes snapped towards the door. You illuminated the light on the back of your phone and quietly stood up from your chair. After shuffling over to the door, you pressed your ear against the cool wood and listened to the mumbled voices that just entered the mansion.

Going against your better judgment, you slowly turned to lock above the doorknob and pushed the door open. You were greeted with a pitch-black hallway, the only light coming from the moon and the occasional flash of lightning. You turned off your makeshift flashlight and took a deep breath before stepping into the hallway.

Suho is going to kill you if you die,’ your conscious nagged.

But you chose to ignore it and continued to make your way down the hallway. Your eyes darting around every time you heard a noise. You swiveled around when the door to the Communications Room slammed shut on it own. You stumbled backwards in fear and collided with a figure behind you.

Not even turning around to see who, or what, you knocked into, you curled into yourself and screamed.

You knew that screaming wasn’t going to stop a Demon from capturing again, but it was really the only thing you thought you could do.

Two arms wrapped around you and the figure pulled you towards it.

“Hey, it’s okay.”

You peeked up at the figure and found yourself looking into a pair of soft eyes.

“Lay, you scared me,” you sighed and leaned against him.

He let out a soft chuckle and patted the top of your head.

“What’s going on? I heard a scream.”

You looked over Lay’s shoulder to see Suho standing at the top of the staircase and staring back at you with worried eyes.

“Nothing’s wrong,” Lay reassured him as he guided you towards Suho, “I accidentally scared Miyoung. I didn’t see her in the hallway.”

Suho narrowed his eyes and turned towards you, “What were you doing in the hallway?”

You looked up at Suho with big eyes as you wracked your brain for an excuse, “I …”

“And that’s my cue to leave. I’ll go make sure that Sungmi is okay while you two sort this out,” Lay slipped between the both of you and quickly ran down the stairs.

“You rescued her?” you beamed up at Suho.

“Don’t try to change to subject,” he responded flatly, “What were doing outside of the Communications Room?”

Your shoulders sagged a bit and you looked down at the floor, “I heard a noise,” you mumbled.

“Are you serious?!” he exploded, “What if it was a Demon?! You could have gotten yourself killed!”

You flinched back from his outburst, “I’m sorry,” you mumbled.

Suho let out a frustrated sigh and grabbed your hand before walking down the stairs.

“You’re seriously going to be the death of me, Hwang Miyoung,” he muttered under his breath and rolled his eyes when he heard you giggle in response.

“Go wait for me in the living room,” he told you, “I need to talk to the guys about something.”

You nodded and watched him disappear into the kitchen. You walked down the hallway and paused in the doorway when you saw two figures huddled together on the couch.

“Are you cold?” Kai asked.

“I’m fine,” a petite girl answered.

“Are you sure?” Kai fidgeted around, looking for some other sort of cover around the living room.

“I’m fine! Really,” she laughed, “You already got me a blanket, Jongin.”

“Jongin?” you asked, stepping into the living room, “Dang, I’m not even allowed you call you Jongin.”

The two sitting on the couch turned towards you, the Angel looking at you with curiosity and the Guardian blushing red upon seeing you.

“You could call me Jongin if you wanted to,” he mumbled in response as you threw yourself onto the armchair next to the couch.

You ignored Kai’s attempt to defend himself and smile at Sungmi, “I’m Miyoung. I’m an Angel too.”

A small gasp escaped her lips, “You’re the first Angel. The first one who escaped.”

“I would say rescued,” you corrected her lightly, “I probably still would have been captured if the guys didn’t save me.”

“More like if didn’t save you,” Suho said as he walked into the living room, the rest of the Guardians in tow, “You would have been captured with no problem that first night on the beach if I wasn't there.”

You rolled your eyes and leaned back in your seat as Suho walked around to stand behind your chair.

“Yes, thank you, Suho, water Guardian and leader of Exo,” you muttered, “My life is forever in debt to you.”

Even though it came out sarcastically, you really were telling the truth. You honestly were thankful for everything that Suho has done for you, even for the things he did before you lost your memory. And you knew that he was right. If he didn’t save you that first night on the beach, you would have been captured, maybe even dead.

“Yeah, you better be. You don’t know what I put up with for your safety.”

He ruffles your hair with an excessive amount of force, laughing when you swat his hand away and smooth down your hair while pouting at him.

Various conversations around the room sparked up as the two of you continued your banter. But a pair of curious eyes watching you and Suho take jabs at each other and laugh goes unnoticed.

“Hey, where’s Hyukjin?” Chanyeol spoke up suddenly, drawing all eyes on him, “I miss that little Demon guy.”

“I think he said that he was going to walk around the forest,” Baekhyun responded with a shrug, “I still think he’s a little awkward around you, Yeol.”

“I think he rather likes me,” the fire Guardian huffed.

“Hyukjin’s here?” you looked up at Suho as he sat on the arm of your recliner and threw his arm around the back of the chair.

“I’ll explain later.”

You nodded and leaned into his side as your eyelids started to droop.

“Are they a couple?” Sungmi asked Kai quietly but the words seemed echo off the walls.

Your eyes snapped open and you immediately scooted as far as you could away from Suho as the small chair allowed. Suho took his arm off the back of the chair and stood up, clearing his throat awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his neck. Kai stared at Sungmi with wide eyes as the rest of the Guardians shifted uncomfortably in their seats.

Sungmi looked around in confusion, “Did I say something wrong?”

“No, no,” Kai shook his head quickly, “Ummm, you must be tired. Let’s get you to bed.”

Before Sungmi could get another word out, Kai scooped her up in his arms and carried her upstairs. An awkward blanket of silence fell over the room, no one saying a word.

“Well,” Xiumin laughed, trying to ease the tension, “that was awkward.”

---

Yes. I am a horrible person for not updating in over two month and I am sooo sorry. But college has been kicking my and I just have so much group projects and I had midterms last week and TT____TT But I am back in action! And I really have to go right now because I am meeting a friend for lunch but I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

~Admin Kelc