Nine

The Return [The Fallen II] (Permanent Hiatus)

"A-Another Angel?" you couldn't believe the words that just came out of Hyukjin's mouth.

He nodded his head solemnly, "She was captured about a month ago. It's amazing how she's still alive after the amount of blood they've been taking from her."

"Well, what can we do?" you asked curtly.

Hyukjin let out a deep breath and pursed his lips, "Well - "

His sentence was cut off when there was a loud slam the wooden door to your cell shook as someone tried to break their way in.

The both of you jumped to your feet and Hyukjin moved you behind him, away from the door. The door shook a few more times and the slamming got louder and louder.

You hid behind Hyukjin when the door broke open, dust getting kicked up into the air as it almost flew off its hinges.

"I got it!"

You peeked over Hyukjin's shoulder and your eyes widened, "D.O?"

The Guardian in the doorway's jaw dropped when his eyes landed on you. Before he could even get a word out, Suho pushed past him and entered the room.

But instead of going towards you, he went straight for Hyukjin, pinning the Demon up against the wall with his hand around the latter's neck.

"What did you do to her?" Suho growled.

"I didn't do anything," Hyukjin gasped for air, but didn't make a move to defend himself.

"Suho, stop!" you tried to pull your boyfriend away.

Suho ignored you and kept his eyes on the Demon, "Yeah, like I'm going to believe you."

Hyukjin's face scrunched up in pain when Suho tightened his grip around his neck.

"Suho, stop it!" you yanked his arm away as hard as you could.

Suho released his hold and dropped Hyukjin to the floor, gasping for breath.

"He didn't do anything to me!" you narrowed your eyes at Suho, "He helped me. Whose phone did you think I used to call you?"

Suho's eyes widened in shock and he threw a glance over his shoulder as Hyukjin got to his feet and dusted off his pants.

"That thing really didn't do anything to you?" he mumbled as he placed his hands on your shoulders and looked your body over for any injuries.

"Yes, he didn't," you said with a little bit of irritation in your voice, "All he did was help me and kept me sane until you guys came to get me."

Suho took a deep breath as his anger started to melt away and turned to face the Demon standing behind him.

"Thank you for taking care of her," he muttered between clenched teeth.

Hyukjin was taken aback for a second but maintained his composure, "Um, yeah, no problem."

"But don't think for a second that I trust you," Suho warned harshly, pointing a finger at him.

Hyukjin raised both of his hands up in surrender and shrugged his shoulders, dropping his eyes to the floor.

Suho let out a long breath and turned back to you, "Come on, Miyoung, let's go."

"But - " you looked back at Hyukjin as Suho led you towards the door.

"Go," the Demon said as he returned to his spot on the floor, leaning against the wall, "I'll be fine. They want to keep me alive, remember?"

You bit your lip and nodded, allowing Suho to walk you towards D.O who was standing guard.

"Oh, wait, my bag," you ducked out of Suho's arm and rushed back into the cell.

Hyukjin looked up at your in shock when you crouched down next to him and grabbed your bag with one hand.

"We'll come back for you, I promise," you whispered quickly.

"I thought you didn't like promises," he said with a smirk.

"Yeah, I don't," you shrugged, "But when I make promises, I keep them."

You stood up and ran back to Suho, throwing a small smile over your shoulder at Hyukjin just as D.O closed the door behind the three of you.

---

Kai stuck his head around a corner and looked both ways before stepping out into a deserted hallway.

He cautiously walked towards the sole door at the end of the corridor, taking glances over his shoulder every few steps.

"'Keep Out'," he read the sign that was nailed onto the face of the door out loud and jiggled the doorknob just to find it locked.

"Well, now I just have to go in," he smirked and closed his eyes just before the ever so familiar crack echoed in his ears.

His eyes flew open and he grabbed his dagger out of his belt when he heard a soft gasp.

Kai lowered the dagger and slid it back into the sheath on his belt when he found himself in an office type of room, standing in front of a petite girl who was strapped down to a wooden chair.

The curls of her hair were losing their bounce, her sweater was tattered, her jeans dirty and ripped. He felt his heart sink into his stomach when he saw how pale her face was and the fear in her hazel eyes. But the irony of it all was that she was still beautiful. Well, in his eyes at least.

Kai took a step towards her and she immediately cowered back into her chair, fighting against her restraints, just wanting to find a place to hide.

"It's okay," he said softly, holding up his hands and taking slower and smaller steps towards her, "I'm not going to hurt."

"That's what they told me too," she said in a hoarse voice, biting her lip as tears welled up in her eyes just at the thought of what Kai was sure were the Demons.

"I'm really not going to hurt you," he crouched down in front of her so she was looking down at him and pointed to his own eyes, "See, they're not red."

Kai felt his lips curl up in a small smile when he saw her relax a bit. But his smile quickly slipped off his face when he saw the bandages around her arms.

"You're an Angel," he whispered.

Her eyes widened, "How did you know?"

"The bandages," he brushed his fingers over the gauze that was wrapped around her forearm, "And I'm a Guardian."

He looked up and met her eyes with his, "I'm Jongin, but everyone calls me Kai."

"Sungmi," she said a faint grin.

'Wow…' Kai felt his heartbeat quicken in his chest but immediately shook his head, pushing the thought away.

"Well, Sungmi," he cleared his throat and moved towards the strap around her wrist, "We're going to get you out of here."

"Okay," she whispered.

But they both froze and turned towards the door when they heard footsteps on the other side.

Kai stood up, drawing his dagger again.

"No, don't," Sungmi shook her head.

He looked at her over his shoulder, "I can protect you," he insisted.

She looked worriedly at the door when the door knob started the jiggle and muffled voices seeped into the room.

"Please, just go," she pleaded, "I don't want you getting hurt."

Kai faulted and let out a sigh. He quickly crouched down in front of her again and rested his hands on top of hers.

"I'll be back," he promised quickly, "Tomorrow at the latest."

"Okay," she nodded and looked at the door, her eyes widening at the sight of the doorknob turning, "Just leave, hurry."

Kai gave her one last painful look before closing his eyes and disappearing. 

---

Now this chapter was fun to write LOL I just found a new motivation for this story, maybe because I got past all the boring intro stuff? Well, regardless of what the reason is I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! 

~Admin Kelc