Side Story - Miyoung/Suho

The Return [The Fallen II] (Permanent Hiatus)

Set before The Fallen. That is all I have to say. Merry Christmas and happy holidays!! ~Admin Kelc

December 2011

“Can I take this off now?”

“Not yet.”

“How much longer?”

“Just a few more steps.”

“I’m going to fall.”

“No, you’re not. Don’t you trust me?”

“No.”

Suho rolled his eyes and continued to lead you down the cobblestone path, holding the blindfold securely around your head. He ignored your attempts to grab blindly at your surroundings with outstretched arms and your babbling about how you’re going to end up tripping and falling off the edge of Heaven if he doesn’t remove your blindfold soon.

“Okay, okay, we’re here,” he said over you and brought the two of you to a stop.

He slowly untied the knot at the back of your head and took a quick step back while pulling the handkerchief away from your eyes.

You blinked a few times and looked around.

“The Archives?” you asked, raising an eyebrow as you at the stacks of scrolls and century old books surrounding the two of you, “You blindfolded me and made me walk around for half an hour just to bring me to the Archives?”

“Well, I needed somewhere quiet … and private,” he mumbled.

“Suho, what’s going on?” you asked with concern, taking a small step toward him.

“I’ll explain everything. Just stand there and don’t ask questions and – and – don’t laugh, okay?”

He looked at you with pleading eyes and you nodded.

“So, it’s Christmas. And I know you told me not to buy you anything, so I didn’t. But I still want to give you something, so here.”

He handed you an envelope and quickly stuffed his hands into his pockets. You ripped open the flap as Suho stared down at his feet and pulled out the card that was inside. You stared blankly at the hand drawn picture on the small sheet of cardstock for a few moments.

“It’s my heart,” Suho said as he eyed the poorly drawn red heart on the card, “And I want you to have it.”

You slowly stared up at Suho, mouth slightly agape.

“Ugh, this is so embarrassing,” he mumbled as he rubbed the back of his neck. He then cleared his throat and looked you in the eye.

“I love you, Miyoung-ah. Or, well, I’m pretty sure I’m in love with you, I’m not really sure since I’ve never fallen in love before. But I am sure that I’m my most happiest when I’m with you and I miss you when you’re gone and I worry about you all the time but then I don’t worry because I know you’re strong and can take care of yourself. And that’s one of things that I love about you, along with your smile and your eyes and how much you care for others before yourself. You’re just so … perfect and beautiful and funny and sweet and I don’t know what I’d do without you. I’ve been feeling this way for a while now and I tried, so many times, to tell you before didn’t know how to say it so I just … I just love you, so much.”

A thick silence fell over the two of you as you stared at Suho, clutching the card and envelope in your hands.

“Please say something,” Suho laughed nervously, “Anything.”

But you didn’t know what to say. Your thought were a jumbled messed that you could not untangle into sentences and you still couldn’t really wrap your mind around what the Guardian standing in front of you had just said.

So you punched him.

“Oww!” Suho cried, clutching onto his arm, “What was that for?!”

“What took you so long?!” you threw back at him, stomping your foot, “Do you know how long I’ve waited for you to say that?! Do you know how many times I thought you were going to confess to me but you didn’t?!”

“I-I’m sorry?” he whimpered with wide and scared eyes.

“You should be! And I’m keeping this!” you waved the card he had given to you in his face before stuffing it on your coat pocket, “Forever! So good luck trying to get it from me if you want it back.”

Suho blinked at you a few times, still a little shocked by your outburst.

“So, does that mean that you love me too?” he asked slowly.

“UGH!” you yelled in his face, causing him to flinch back slightly, “You frustrate me! Goodbye!”

You your heels and stomped towards the door with your hands balled into small fists.

Suho smiled to himself, “I’m going to take that as a yes,” he chuckled and jogged after you.