Eleven

The Return [The Fallen II] (Permanent Hiatus)

 

Suho glanced down at the cup of hot chocolate that was clenched between his hands as he stood in front of the door at the end of the hall in the K wing of Homebase.

He shakily raised his hand and lightly knocked on the door.

"Come in," he heard your muffled voice through the wooden door.

Suho took a deep breath, forced his lips into a smile, and gently pushed the door open.

You were sitting on your bed, your back facing the door and your hair still slightly damp from the shower you just took. You didn't move a muscle when Suho entered the room and continued to keep your eyes trained on the wooden floor panels of your room.

"I brought you some hot chocolate," Suho took hesitant steps towards you.

His smile faltered slightly when you didn't respond, almost as if you didn't hear him.

"Kai made it," he chimed, "I know how much you loved his hot chocolate the last time he made it for you."

"'Last time'?" you looked up and met Suho's eyes, "How could there be a 'last time' since, apparently, I have never met Kai or any of your friends before?"

Suho felt his chest constrict when he saw confusion, anger, and hurt flash through your eyes. He let out a shaky breath and carefully placed the mug onto the small bedside table.

"I can explain," he started as he quickly sat down next to you and took one of your hands in between his.  

You yanked your hand out his grasp and turned your head away so Suho couldn't see the tears of frustration and betrayal that were starting to fill your eyes.

"Miyoung, please just hear me out," Suho whispered.

He reached out for you again but ending up dropping his hand onto the bed when you shifted away from him. He could already feel you slipping further and further away from him.

A tense silence fell over the room. Suho prayed in his mind that you would understand but the both of you knew where this conversation was heading.

"Angels, Guardians, Demons, everything that happened with Kang," you finally spoke up, "You told me that all of that was a dream when I was in a coma. Was I even in a coma in the first place?"

Suho closed his eyes and let out a soft sigh, "Yes, for a few days. But -"

"A few days?!" you whirled around and knitted your eyebrows together as you stood up from the bed, "You told me that I was in a coma for months!"

Suho flinched at your sudden outburst, "I didn't want to -"

"How could you lie to me like that, Suho?" you cut him off sharply, narrowing your eyes at him.

"I just wanted to protect you," he said softly, willing you to understand why he did what he did.

But you didn't.

"From what?!" you yelled.

"From Kang and the Demons and anyone else out there who could hurt you!" Suho snapped back, anger and frustration starting to wrack through his body

You rolled your eyes and shook your head, "So making me ignorant of who I really am was the only thing you could think of doing? I thought Guardians were supposed to protect Angels and be by their sides no matter what!"

"Miyoung, you almost died so many times when I was by your side!" he screamed, "What else was I supposed to do?!"

"How about telling me the truth?! Or not keeping secrets?!"

You swallowed your tears about and took a deep breath as Suho dropped his eyes to the floor.

"How can I trust you now, Suho?" your voice dipped down to a whisper, "How do I know that you're not lying to me about other things, like your feelings for me?"

Suho's head snapped up and you saw a murderous look on his face, "Don't you dare say that," he growled between clenched teeth.

"Why? Because our whole relationship really was just a 'dream'?" you challenged, "How do I even know that we were in love before I woke up on that beach? Were you lying to me about that too?"

You had no idea why you were provoking him like that. Although he was very level headed and calm most of the time, you knew that Suho had a dangerous temper.

But your eyes still widened as Suho grabbed the cup of lukewarm hot chocolate and flung it the wall across the room. You watched in complete shock as the cup broke into dozens of pieces and fall to the floor, the hot chocolate coloring the white wall and rug a dirty brown.

"Don't you dare say that!" he screamed, "I would never lie about my feelings for you!"

You fell silent as Suho tried to calm himself down. When his breathing turned back to normal and he could finally think straight, he looked to his side and his eyes widened in horror when they landed on the mess he just made.

He quickly looked at you and saw a pair of fear filled eyes staring back at him.

"M-Miyoung," Suho took a step towards you but you quickly took a small step back, immediately flinching away from him, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to."

"No, I'm sorry I said that," you trained your eyes on your feet as you shook your head, "I wasn't thinking straight."

"Neither was I," Suho said, his voice strained.

"Maybe …" you took a deep breath and closed your eyes, "Maybe it would be best if we both took some time to sort out our thoughts."

Suho felt his heart drop into his stomach and his world crumbling beneath his feet, "You're breaking up with me?"

You bit down on the inside of your bottom lip. Although you didn't speak a single word, your silence seemed to say everything.

"Okay," he agreed with a strained voice.

Tears filled your eyes when you looked up and saw the fakest smile you have ever seen plastered on Suho's face.

"Goodnight, Miyoung," he whispered before quickly turning on his heels and walking out of the room.

You plopped back down on your bed and buried your face in your hands as Suho pressed his back against the door to your room and hung his head.

Both of your hearts were shattered that night, just like the broken mug on your bedroom floor. 

---

Finally got the chance to update! Sorry I know it's been a while but I've been pretty busy for the past couple of weeks. Last week, my tennis team made it to the league championships and we won! And this week was the state qualifying tournament and me and my partner got third so we're going to States as well! I'll try to update again sometime this week! Hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

~Admin Kelc