Two

The Return [The Fallen II] (Permanent Hiatus)

 

Your eyes scanned the crowd, past the businessmen rushing to work and the families trying to find their trains, and landed on a familiar figure standing off to the side.

“Miyoung-ah!” Suho called as he waved his hand in the air, trying to get your attention.

A smile instantly graced your lips and you weaved your way through the stream of people, making a beeline straight for your boyfriend.

Once out of the thick of the crowd, you scurried towards Suho, tightly gripping the handle of your duffle bag in excitement. You dropped the bag onto the floor next to his feet and threw yourself into his awaiting arms.

“Hey,” he laughed as he wrapped his free arm around your waist and returned your tight hug.

You let out a laugh and tightened your arms around his neck when he leaned back and lifted you slightly off the ground.

“I missed you,” he said after setting you back down and looking into your eyes.

“I missed you too,” you responded and got up onto your toes to give him a quick peck on the cheek.

You stifled your laugh when you pulled back and saw a blush start to color Suho’s face.

“Um,” Suho cleared his throat and flipped his bangs out of his eyes before handing you the bouquet of flowers that he was holding, “These are for you.”

You smiled down at the arrangement of roses and baby spread, “Thank you.”

“You ready to go?” he asked as you continued to admire the flowers he just gave you.

You looked up at him and nodded, “Mhmm.”

Suho bent down and picked up your duffle bag that was resting at his feet. He held out his other hand and you immediately took it, lacing your fingers through his. He gave you one of those heart-stopping smiles that you loved before jerking his head towards the escalator that led to the parking lot of the train station.

“Come on,” he smiled as he pulled you towards the exit of the platform.

---

“We’re just going to go to my apartment to drop off your stuff and then we’ll go out for lunch,” Suho said as he pulled onto the busy Seoul streets, “Does that sound okay?”

“Sounds great,” you nodded as you played with the plastic cellophane that was wrapped around your flowers.

You didn’t know much about cars, but you could tell that Suho’s wasn’t cheap. Just by the exterior, you could tell that it was built for luxury and the interior made that inference a fact.

You sighed as you leaned back into the cool leather. This seat was much more comfortable than the one on the train.

“If you’re tired, we can stay in for lunch,” Suho said as he stopped the car at a red light.

“No, no, I’m okay,” you shook your head, “This seat is just really comfortable.”

“If you’re sure,” Suho took a glance at you. He didn’t entirely believe you, but he learned that it would be no use in arguing with you.

“I am,” you answered immediately, giving Suho a wide smile that caused him to laugh.

“I missed that smile,” he said softly as he stared out the windshield of the car.

“What are you talking about?” you mumbled and looked down at your lap as your cheeks started to tint pink, “You just saw me last night.”

“Well, that was through a computer screen,” Suho pointed out, “Your smile is a million times better in person.”

You bit your lip when you felt your face heat up at his words.

“Stop,” you pouted and gave Suho a light whack on his arm, “I know what you’re trying to do.”

“What are you talking about?” Suho asked, feigning ignorance as he turned into the parking structure of his apartment complex.

 “You always sweet talk me when you have bad news,” you muttered as Suho parked the car, “What is it this time? Did you get assigned to a really pretty new patient at the hospital?”

“I did actually,” Suho said bluntly.

“What? Really?” you asked wide-eyed, not understanding why he was being so casual about it.

 Suho nodded, “She’s six and I think that her best feature is her two missing front teeth.”

You scoffed and rolled your eyes before opening the door and stepping out of the car. You stretched your arms over your head as Suho grabbed your bag from the trunk.

“But seriously, that’s the thing I wanted to talk to you about,” Suho said as he led you inside the building, “I have to go to the hospital for a few hours tomorrow to work my shift.”

“Oh, so you’re leaving me for her,” you said with faux anger and gave Suho a tiny glare as the two of you entered the elevator.

“Technically yes,” he rolled his eyes, “I need to accompany her to her surgery since her parents can’t be there. Are you going to be okay by yourself?”

“I guess it’s okay,” you said with a smile, “You do what you have to do, Dr. Kim.”

“You’re still calling me that, huh?” Suho let out an exasperated sighed.

“Old habits die hard,” you shrugged your shoulders.

Suho shook his head and wrapped an arm around your waist before planting a kiss on the top of your head.

You leaned against him, enjoying his warmth as the elevators doors opened.

“It’s right down this hall,” Suho said as the two of you stepped out of the elevator.

You followed his lead and stood a few steps behind him when he stopped at a door a little more than halfway down the hall.

He slide up the cover to the keypad above the door handle and punched in a few numbers. A chime echoed through the hallway and Suho slid the cover shut before opening the door.

“Welcome,” he held the door open and allowed you to step inside first.

You slipped off your shoes and left them at the door. You walked into the living room and curiously looked around as Suho disappeared into the bedroom.

It was a simple apartment, comfortable for one but enough for two. There was a small, open kitchen connected to living room and a bar counter with high chairs. A bedroom and bath branched off from the main living space and you saw a balcony behind a sliding door and curtains.

“It looks different in person,” you commented, thinking back to the time Suho gave you a virtual tour of the apartment via video chat, “It’s much bigger than it looked on screen.”

“Do you like it?” Suho asked from the bedroom where he placed your duffle.

“It’s nice,” you nodded when he returned to the living room, “It’s … homey.”

“Good,” he smiled and glanced down at his watch, “Well, we better get going if we want to beat the lunch crowd.”

You pushed your hair behind your shoulders and stood up straight, “Lead the way!”

Suho looked at you lovingly and ruffled your hair a little before leading you to the door and out of the apartment.

---

A little fluff for all of you. Aren't Miyoung and Suho just the cutest thing? LOL Well, don't get too comfortable guys, the action and drama is going to start soon kekeke Hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

~Admin Kelc