One

The Return [The Fallen II] (Permanent Hiatus)

 

You were panting as you leaned against a tree trunk that was wide enough to hide your entire body. You looked up at the full moon that was shining through the thick canopy of tree tops above, giving you just enough light to see the outlines of your surroundings.

You slouched your body against the trunk and closed your eyes for a few moments as you tried to catch your breath. You didn’t know how long you had been running through the forest, but you hoped that you wouldn’t have to keep it up much longer.

Your eyes shot open and you stood up straight when you heard a twig snap nearby.

“Watch where you’re stepping,” a raspy voice said, “We need to sneak up on her.”

“Sorry,” another voice apologized.

“Shhhh,” the first hushed, “If we’re quiet enough, maybe we can hear her.”

You covered your mouth with both hands to silence your breathing. You felt the hairs on the back of you neck stand up when you heard their footsteps get closer.

“She’s tired from all the running,” the first Demon whispered to its partner, “She has to be around here somewhere.”

You swallowed hard and your eyes darted around, looking for a route to escape. Setting your eyes on a small path between two trees to your right, you in a deep breath before kicking off the tree and making a break for it.

“There she is!” a Demon yelled when it spotted you running out from your hiding spot.

You pushed your legs to run faster, not even daring to take a glance behind you. You already knew that the Demons were gaining on you anyways.

“We got her now,” one cackled as they swiftly jumped over roots that were sticking out of the ground and maneuvered around trees.

Your vision was starting to blur as tears of fear streamed down your cheeks. You made the mistake of looking behind you and your watery eyes widened when you saw the two Demons only a couple of feet behind you with wide smiles on their faces.

You abruptly broke left and continued to run down a different forest path, hoping to put some distance between you and your pursers.

The Demons easily followed you, not at all fazed by your sudden change in direction. It was as if they already knew what your next move was going to be. But you didn’t expect anything less from them.

“Where’s your little protector?” one of them taunted, “Isn’t he going to come and save you?”

You shook your head and continued to push yourself to run faster even though you knew you were starting to reach your limit.

“Yeah, where is he?” the other one joined in, “Did he already leave you for another Angel?”

Its words hit you like a ton of bricks, causing you to break your concentration and trip over a root that was sticking out of the ground. You scrambled backwards as the two Demons walked slowly up to you, smirks visible on their faces even in the horrible lighting.

They backed you up against a tree and you bit your lip as tears continued to flow out of your eyes.

“Aw the poor thing, left all alone to defend herself,” one of the Demons cooed before bursting out into laughter.

“Don’t worry,” the other one crossed its arms over its chest, “We’ll be sure to take good care of you.”

You felt your breathing stop when they reached out with their claw-like hands to grab you and you opened your mouth to let out a scream.

---

Your eyes snapped open and you sat up straight, frantically looking around.

You sighed in relief when you found yourself sitting on a quiet train, not in a forest and not being chased by Demons.

You looked to your side and saw an elderly couple sitting in the booth next to yours, staring back at you with concern. Even though your had your earphone stuck in your ears and your music playing, you could still read the woman’s lips and understand her when she asked you if you were okay.

You nodded and gave them a small smile and bow before turning away to face the window.

You slouched into your seat and brushed your hair out of your face as you stared at the city that was whizzing by. Your heart was still beating a little fast from the nightmare you had just woken up from as you looked down at checked the time on your phone.

‘Five more minutes till I get to see Suho again,’ you smiled to yourself.

You sighed and leaned your head back against the headrest of your assigned seat as you thought about the horrible nightmare once again.

It wasn’t the first time you’ve had a nightmare like that. It was actually pretty common recently.

They were always the same, Demons chasing you through a forest. Even though you would try different routes to escape every time, two things remained constant throughout all the nightmares: 1. They would always catch you, and 2. One of them would always mention Suho.

You knew that the whole Demon/Angel/Guardian world wasn’t real, that it was just a dream that you had while you were in your coma. But there was just something inside of you, gnawing at you and telling you that you’ve actually experienced running away from Demons through a forest before.

You were pulled out of your thoughts when the train slowly came to a stop and a voice on the intercom announced that the train had arrived.

You slowly stood up from your seat and collected your things before exiting the train with the rest of the passengers.

You looked around as you stepped onto the busy platform.

“Where could he be?” you asked yourself as you took a few steps away from the train.

You got on your toes and craned your neck over the sea of people, hoping to find the guy that you called your boyfriend.

Your eyes lit up when they landed on a familiar boy who was waving at you with one hand and a bouquet of flowers in the other, a heart melting smile on his face. 

---

And the story begins! Hello there~ It's been a while hasn't it? LOL Well, here we go with the sequel to The Fallen! I don't know if it's going to be as heart wrenching as the first one, but there will definitely be plot twists in it! But, guys. Really? 128 Subscribers and 9 Votes before I even post the first chapter?! You're crazy! Hahaha Thank you so much for the support and I'll see you guys in the next chapter!

~Admin Kelc