IX. AMICABLE

HOPELESS CRUSH

 

CHAPTER 9. AMICABLE

 

I just stayed still like I’ve been caught guilty doing something. Which doesn’t make sense at all. And why should I feel guilty towards Seunghyun?

 

Just then Jiyong chuckled beside me, “Hyung…for some reason Dara noona got her sweater stuck on one of the legs of the bed.”

 

Seunghyun looked at me disbelievingly.

 

What??!!

 

Why should I feel guilty anyway…I’m not doing anything wrong. But I definitely don’t want to be wrongly judged; I just wanted to see what the butterfly suite looks like. But this guy could be thinking anything right now.

 

 

Jiyong took a step towards Seunghyun, “Anyway hyung,” he pat the older guys shoulder, “I just wanted to check on you. Did the medicine work?”

 

Seunghyun shook his head. “I think I’ll just sleep it off. Thank you for lending me this room by the way.”

 

“No problem, I didn’t think you’re killer headache would go away if you shared a room with us rowdy kids.” Then he turned back and waved at her, “Night noona…don’t worry you have a nice tummy.” He chuckled and walked away.

 

Now I have officially turned into a human tomato.

 

 

As usually, Seunghyun and me was left awkwardly standing two meters away from each other just standing there like two human statues. 

 

“Well…” He started.

 

“I…I just wanted to see butterfly suite.” I explained on impulse.

 

“Really? You think Jiyong was sleeping here right? So you decided to sneak yourself in and try to seduce him.”

 

Here we go again. This guy, he just likes to believe the worst in me. I could be drinking water right now but he’s still think I’m plotting on trying to get his friend to like me. I threw daggers with my stare cause I don’t know what words I could say to make him believe, I don’t think they’re ANY!

 

He leaned against the wall behind him and crossed his arms, “And then you took your top off to seduce him…but when he found out you were flat chested he was totally grossed out he had to cover your board like body with his sweater.”

 

Wait. The corners of his mouth was raised. He’s smirking?

 

He took a step forward and pinched my nose hard, “That’s the angriest face you can make?! Come on…Sssssandara Park.” He said then he laughed while I nursed my aching nose with my hands.

 

“What was that for?” I complained in a pinched voice as I was still nursing my nose.

 

He passed by me then dropped himself on the bed. “Just that your angry face is still so cute.” He removed his black rimmed glasses on the bedside table then covered his eyes with the back of his forearm. I just noticed he was wearing pajama pants and a white robe.

 

 

“I didn’t expect that reaction.” I mumbled.

 

“Why?” he sat up in bed and ruffled his hair, “What is my usual reaction?”

 

The scene in the parking lot suddenly flashed in my head and I couldn’t help the blush that crept to my face. Oh how I wish I had a skin that wasn’t so transparent with my feelings. I looked up and he was looking at me then he looked away quickly as if embarrassed. I think we were both thinking of the same thing and we were both just as uneasy.

 

“It’s just that…you usually pick a fight with me.” I said instead.

 

He dropped himself back on the bed. “Ahh…I’m too tired to argue with anyone right now. And my head feels like it’s going to ing break into half.”

 

I remembered after our confrontation earlier that night he went into the mansion without eating anything.

 

“Have you eaten yet?” I asked.

 

He glanced at me, “Jiyong gave me some medicine.”

 

“Not the same thing…doesn’t matter if you drank medicine if you didn’t eat anything.”

 

“You sound like you know what you’re talking about.”

 

“Of course! There’s nothing more comforting than warm food in your stomach.”

 

This was true. I may not look like it but when I’m not feeling well there isn’t anything that consoles me as well as good food. Anyone who knows me well knows that, Bommie knows that.

 

Seunghyun was sitting on the bed resting his forehead on the palms of his hands. I couldn’t help but pity the guy. He’s been from a hard day of work and no one is there comfort him. I remember hard times I had when I was starting out in the Philippines. No matter how hard things get there were people who got me through it all and kept me strong. My omma would always be there with her home cooked meals in a lunch box. These days no matter how easily I could buy things, I still anticipate omma’s home cooked meals.

 

I sighed. “Come on…I know where the kitchen is.” I turned around went back to the kitchen where I came from before this impulsive idea of checking out the butterfly suite propped up in my brain. I didn’t expect that Seunghyun would follow me but when I looked back there he was walking behind me sporting his glasses.

 


This was one thing most people probably don’t know. Choi Seunghyun does own a pair of prescription glasses. And there we were, in the middle of the night, stalking the kitchen and opening cupboards and drawers. The atmosphere was light, in fact I didn’t want to admit it, but I found his company amicable.