XXI FEELINGS

HOPELESS CRUSH

CHAPTER 21. FEELINGS

 

 

Dara was more fidgety than usual that morning.  The sound of the door closing or a car honking outside startles her. Perhaps because her mind was floating elsewhere and any stimulus from the outside world jolts her senses back to reality.  She just can’t seem to put off her mind elsewhere.  It was really true Seunghyun really was going to the military.

 

Considering almost every healthy male korean men had to go through this one, she should’ve seen it coming. I mean, he was of age. When did she expect him to do it? When he is thirty-five? Perhaps because the news wasn’t delivered to her by him personally that’s why it shocked her.  Yes, that blasted letter that right now remained nestled in his coat pocket hanging behind her door.

 

And for the rest of the morning, till afternoon Dara’s mind remained in limbo. Even when Shin Minah came with that guy, or rather that jerk, from the party to apologize for his behavior she was only partly aware of what they were saying. It was something about him having a problem lately that’s why he behaved inappropriately during the party.  Whatever, that was not an excuse to force a girl to drink if she doesn’t want to, or tell her to lie in his bed when they are all alone.  Seunghyun was right; she doesn’t have to settle herself with jerks like him. And there it goes again…her mind drifts back to Seunghyun.

 

Dara tried to understand how she felt about it. Of course she felt sad, a friend was going away and she wasn’t going to see him for a while. Or course she felt frigging sad!!! It almost made tears sprung up from her eyes. Shin Minah was probably thinking she was touched by their apology but all the while she just wanted to burst into tears thinking about Seunghyun leaving for the military.

 

When Shin Minah left with her friend, Chaerin went out of her room and went to the living room fully dressed.

 

“Going somewhere?” she asked.

 

But Chaerin didn’t mind her question, “Finally they left!” she complained instead as she pulled Dara by the arm and leading her to her room with clothes spread out on top of her bed.

 

“Get dressed.” Chaerin ordered.

 

“Where are we going?” Dara answered bewildered; oddly enough she knew her schedule was empty for the day.

 

CL shrugged her shoulders, “I don’t know. They said it was an important meeting…just wear what I picked out we’re already late.”

 

Dara wanted to prod more but she was already talking to the door Chaerin closed behind her. She shook her head. When the leader was being this way there was just no way to argue.  After finishing up her appearance she headed out her door, and then took a step back and stood there staring at Seunghyuns’ coat behind the door. Then at the last minute she grabbed his draft card quickly as Chaerin called her out, she bit her lip as her heart started thundering in her chest.