XV. SHE'S THE WEIRD ONE

HOPELESS CRUSH

CHAPTER 15. SHE'S THE WEIRD ONE

           

            It was a free day and I was enjoying a glass of my favorite wine in the balcony of my villa when my sister arrived. She dropped herself on the seat beside me and we both looked out into the vast lush of green ahead of us. I raised my glass up.

 

“You want some of this?”

 

She crinkled her nose and shook her head, “Nah.” Then she leaned back in her seat and inhaled the fresh cool air. “Aaahh…it’s so relaxing here.” She mumbled contentedly.

 

“I know.” I answered proud of my investment.

 

“Where’s Mom and Dad?” she asked as she looked around.

 

“I don’t know probably in some motel…”

 

“Yah!” she hit me in the shoulder and I sniggered. “I missed you, you oaf!” she said.

 

“Missed you too sis.” I answered as I sipped my drink.

 

“It’s been awhile right?” she asked. “I’m always too busy.” She added.

 

“I always made time.” I answered.

 

She looked at me guiltiy, “Okay you got me. I’m just…I’m too ashamed to face you guys…especially Dad.” She said a sad note tinting her voice.

 

“Forget it. Past is past okay.” I reassured her.

 

“How I wish things were that easy to forget.” She mumbled.

 

“So…is there some guy we should be worried about?” I joked.

 

“Yah!” she hit me again in the shoulder, “I’ve learned my lesson okay! There is some guy…but I’m not gonna be stupid again.”

 

“Okay. Just making sure.” He said shrugging his shoulders. He stood up to refill his drink. Frankly he was trying to stop his brain from imagining what his little nephew would’ve looked like if my sister hadn’t made that stupid mistake.

 

He returned to his seat again.

 

“What about you?” she asked as she leaned forward in her seat resting her chin on her knuckles scrutinizing me.

 

“Me?” I asked pointing innocently at myself.

 

She nodded her head, “Uh…huh…”

 

Just then my phone rings. I pick it up and a certain text message makes me furrow my eyebrows.

 

 

 

Dara:

Still can’t get over the fact that you broke up with Shin Minah.

 

 

I shook my head.

 

Ah...this weird girl. 

 

So they did talk about me yesterday, he thought as he keyed in his reply.

 

 

 

Oppa:

I’m over it. Get over it.

 

 

                                             

“I didn’t know you were into texting?” his sister asked, reminding him of her presence.

 

“What?”

 

“Who’s that?” she asked.

 

“No one.” I answered.

 

“I thought you found texting too tedious, then why are you bothering to reply?” she asked.

 

“Because she’s more comfortable talking that way.” He explained impatiently.

 

“Oh so it’s a SHE…” she said suspiciously. “And you know her WELL huh…So who’s this special girl whose more comfortable in texting than talking?”

 

“Wh…why are you interrogating me?” I asked. “It’s just a girl.”

 

“That’s the point. She’s just a girl, why are you so worked up about it?” she asked wriggling her eyebrows.

 

“I’m not.” I said flatly, “Go ahead. Suit yourself.” I said as I slid my phone towards her.

 

She happily tinkered with my phone and read our messages. More often than not she would laugh out loud raising her head back in amusement giving out that unladylike laugh. I must admit I’ve never seen my sister laugh this much.

 

“Gawd…you’re text messages. You guys talk funny.” She said as she wiped the tears that escaped at the corner of her eyes.

 

“She’s the weird one.” I said as I grabbed my phone back and slid the phone inside my pocket.

 

Just then it alerts that another message came. His sister laughed as he quickly picked up his phone.

 

 

Dara:

BTW. Why’d you change your name in my phonebook? From Kuya to Oppa?

 

 

“Brother. You’re face is all red.” His sister remarked. He furrowed his eyebrows at her.

 

He stood up and went inside the house while his sister guffawed in the background.  He scoffed.

 

 

 

 

Heol! this is the supposed to be tomorrows' update that i'm talking about....it came to my brain too early..so...here it is..but it's too short! the horror!!!.LOL.(that's my sleep deprived brain talking)..BTW...things are going at a snails' pace..mian mian.....i'm going back to my borrow now ok! idk when i'll be able to surface again..