II. A RIFT

HOPELESS CRUSH

CHAPTER 2. A RIFT

 

Nikon YGEX press conference…

 

Yes…once again…YG family has gathered…

 

They were in the dressing room getting ready.  The stylist noona was fixing his hair as he looked at s through the mirror while eating peanuts.

 

Taeyang was sitting at the chair next to him smiling at something at his phone, probably Twitter.  Daesung was doing push-ups at the side with Hwangssabu-nim coaching him.  Jiyong was at another dressing table choosing rings and stacking them in his fingers, while Seungri was sitting in the couch waiting for everyone to glorify at his presence.

 

Not a moment longer the assistant director told them to get ready to go backstage places. 

 

YG family was split into two groups; they were to come out from the backstage from two exits.  He greeted everyone with a cool nod. He stood beside Daesung putting is arm over his shoulder casually.

 

“HYung…” Daesung called him with his aegyo voice while he pinched the latters’ cheek making everyone laugh backstage.

 

He looked to the other side. The other group on the other side was lining up as well.  He saw a hand waved at him from afar.

 

He squinted and fixed the rims of his glasses.

 

Se7en! His 'Choi brother' was present, and it made him smile and wave back.

 

Only then did he see another thing on the other side. Sandara Park was standing beside CL and she was twiddling with her fingers because Kwon was standing behind her.

 

Aigoo…the silly girl was once again getting flustered for no apparent reason.

 

Then the press con started. He almost had a headache from the flashing lights of the cameras that swarmed them.  He wanted to smile but it was giving him a ing headache so he just silently stood at the side.  From his peripheral vision, he could see Sandara Park slowly inching her way closer to the Kwon.

 

Then out of boredom, an idea popped in his head.  He moved fast, like a cheetah, and stood beside Jiyong blocking her off.  Park puffed in annoyance beside him while Jiyong looked up in surprise. Well he usually doesn’t find his hyung standing in the center of a crowd, especially the rowdy Yg family. He knows he rather likes to stay at the sides.  But there he was, TOP standing in the center of noisy YG family.

 

Later when they were seated , TOP sat between Dongwook and Kwon.  The Japanese executive was giving a speech and he doesn’t understand a word of Japanese he said.  He was so tempted to close his eyes behind his glasses, but then, he might fall asleep for real and cause trouble to the companys’ image.

 

He looked around and saw Park from the other table giving Kwon a wide eyed stare as if mesmerized looking at Kwon as the latter was drinking from his water bottle. 

 

Pathetic girl was looking at Kwons’ adams’ apple move up and down as he gulped.

 

After Kwon finished half of his bottle, he grabbed it and drank from it too.  Jiyongs’ eyebrows rose in surprise; after all, he has his own bottle of water right in front of him.  There was no reason for his TOP hyung to drink from his.

 

He threw a gloating look at Sandara Park way sending her a mental message.

 

 

Ha…I just shared an indirect kiss with your crush! Take that~!

 

 

“I see what your doing hyung.” Jiyong mumbled under his breathe.

 

“What?” he asked.

 

“I said,” he grinned, “…I see what you’re trying to do.”

 

He shrugged his shoulders.

 

“It’s just a harmless crush.” Jiyong added.

 

“It’s not as harmless when she’s answering interviews is she?” He replied.  And Kwon Jiyong could only scratch his head.

 

“I’m just bored okay.  Why are you even defending your little admirer?”

 

“This not elementary school, where you make fun of people who have a crush on you.” Jiyong said.

 

Ouch. That was a little…

 

Jiyong looked at him guiltily realizing what he just said to his hyung. Tensions started building. That was a little disrespectful thing for him to say to the older guy. It was like saying he was being immature like an elementary school kid.

 

If they weren’t in a press conference who knows what could’ve happened. It’s been a while since the two of them had a rift between them.

 

And TOP could only blame one girl, with her hopeless crush.

 

The event ended with him giving the younger guy a cold shoulder.

 

Aisht…why do even bother myself with her…

 

He lay awake inside his hotel room that night. Later a text came from Jiyong.

 

HYUNG> I’m SORRY…

 

He keyed in a reply.

 

IT’s OKAY.

 

His phone beeped once again.

 

HENGSHO~!

 

This made him laugh. Jiyong was a younger brother. And he wasn’t one to hold a grunge. So all was well once again. He closed his eyes with a resolve in his head.

 

STEER CLEAR OF SANDARA PARK

 

He had no idea he would eat his words sooner that he thought.