XIII. I DON'T MIND

HOPELESS CRUSH

 

CHAPTER 13. I DON'T MIND

 

 

            Choi Seunghyun never thought of himself as someone responsible, for he was only responsible for a few things.  One of them is work, second is the name his family gave him. He always took his career seriously, be it his music career or his acting career.  And he always protected his name for the sake of his family.

 

            But one day YG Sajangnim asked for one thing he considers himself unfit for.

 

“Keep an eye on Sandara Park. Keep her out of trouble.” It was delivered alongside the news that they were both casted  for the same production.

 

            He wondered why he had to do it? Perhaps the news that him and Sandara Park were now so called friends had trickled down to YG.  But then again they were YG family. And family do things for members all the time.  And frankly, he was quite afraid of he older guy. So he agreed. He figured he could help her, with a shrug of his shoulder.

 

            Maybe give her a few pointers about acting here and there.  And warn her not to trust people easily in showbusiness.  Or that she should be careful of directors and producers who always give false promises to stars.  Also, to put her guard up when some suave actors try to make their move. Sure, he’d help her transition from her music to her acting career.

 

By the time he was ‘okay’ with sajangnims’ order his phone rang on his way to his car.

 

“Kuya!” her voice came loud and clear through the speaker of his phone.

 

            Seunghyun cringed as he realized she really IS persistent on calling him such names no matter how hard he tried to deter her. He doesn’t even know what it means.

 

“I heard we were casted in the same movie! I’m so excited!” she gushed over the other line.

 

“So I’ve heard,” I replied as I got on the van and motioned for the driver to start moving with a nod of my head.

 

“Isn’t this exciting?!” she repeated.

 

“As you’ve already said.”

 

“Though my role is not that big compared to yours, I’m glad that sajangnim finally gave me a break! I mean, I do really have a shot at this!”

 

“Uhuh…” I mumbled.

 

“I wonder what it’s like working with you?” she said with a new tone taking over her voice.

 

“I wonder.” He mumbled as he closed his eyes and leaned his head back in the car seat.  The car was headed for his villa where his mom was waiting for him with her home cooked dinner.

 

“I’ll bet you’re all serous when you're ‘Choi Seunghyun the actor’.”

 

“You think…” he replied a smile forming on his lips.

 

Then she started saying all sorts of things her words running a mile a minute that he could only shake his head and laugh.  He realized he always does too little to keep their conversations going.  But it always does.  And Seunghyun realized that he doesn’t mind that Sandara Park talks a lot, and calls him weird names.

 

“Kuya! Where are you headed now?” she asked.

 

“Home…to my mom.” He answered.

 

He doesn’t mind that she knows he is a Mamas’ boy.  And for once, he felt like he would try to be responsible for something else.

 

Sure, he’d look out for Sandara Park.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

It was the first time that the cast for the movie was going to meet.  It was a meeting that the director organized pre-filming.  Seunghyun just came from Japan so he had to rush to the location. 

 

Dara:

Kuya! Where are you? I’m so nervous, I don’t know anyone.

 

He keyed in a message on his phone.

 

Kuya:

I’m coming.

 

 

 

            When he came he was one of the very last to arrive. There were only a few seats left and he quietly settled himself beside Song Joongki.  They shook hands in acknowledgement.  As he settled himself more comfortably in his seat he looked over the other side. Sandara Park was sitting beside her fellow female actresses but she was very uncomfortable in her seat.  Just then she looks up and her face lights up.  She waves at him happily and he waves back. 

 

            The director stands up and starts an introduction. Everyone claps. Then he starts to introduce the producers of the film. 

 

“Although…you may already know each other, through tv…unless someone here doesn’t watch tv…I’d like to propose that each members of the cast give a little introduction of themselves.” He started, “Let’s start with the ladies.”

 

It was her turn to introduce herself, a silence settles over the group as she stands up and gives a meek bow, “Ah…annyeonhaseyo…I’m Sandara Park. I am a member of 2ne1. This is my first time acting.” She gives a hasty bow, “I beg of you take care of me.” She says and the cast starts to laugh. She settles back in her seat her face coloring crimson.

 

The director shakes his head as he laughs, “Don’t worry Miss Park. Well help you out along the way.”

 

Then the introductions continued until it reaches him to the very last member of the cast.  The meeting was taking too long; he could see some people were pretending to be still interested.  His phone vibrated in his hand.

 

Dara:

Psst…was my introduction okay?

 

Kuya:

You were funny.

 

Dara:

I didn’t mean it. I was just too nervous.

 

He just nodded his head and looked her way. Another message came.

 

Dara:

It’s boring.

 

Kuya:

Endure it.

 

Dara:

So how was dinner last night?

 

He gave out an exasperated sigh, nevertheless he keyed in a reply.

 

Kuya:

Delicious as ever.

 

Dara:

What did your mom cook?

 

Kuya:

Secret.

 

He looked up and she was pouting in her seat he couldn’t help but snicker.

 

Dara:

Ahhh…nevertheless ‘secret’ sounds delicious. I miss my moms’ cooking too.

 

Kuya:

You should go home more often.

 

Dara:

I know.

 

He waited for a few moments but she didn’t reply anymore. Instead she was leaning her elbow on the table and she rested her face in the palm of her hands. She was looking at the director but he could tell her mind was in a faraway place. She must be missing her mother. He decides to key in a message.

 

Kuya:

Hey…you’re sitting beside Shin Minah. You look ugly beside her.

 

She perks up in her seat her eyes widening as she looks at her phone incredulously.  She threw him the ‘evil eye’ before typing furiously on her phone.

 

Dara:

You look like a monkey beside Song Joongki

 

His eyes widen. He snorts in anger before typing on his phone.

 

Kuya:

Yah!

 

Dara:

Yah!

 

 

“Hey.” a voice says beside him. Speaking of the devil, it was Song Joongki. “Sandara Park…she’s really cute isn’t she.” He says.

 

He looks over the other said and the said girl was showing him her fists in the air.  She glances to his side and when she realizes Joongki saw her throwing fists at Seunghyun she abruptly hides her hands under the table and looks down her lap her face coloring.

 

Seunghyun snorts at her foolishness forgetting to respond to the guy beside him.

 

“You’re label mates right?” Joongki asks.

 

He nods his head.

 

“Does she have a boyfriend?” the other guy suddenly asks.

 

His eyebrows furrows, “I wouldn’t know. But if I did I wouldn’t go about telling it to anyone.” He replied.

 

Joongkis’ eyebrows raise in surprise, “I’m sorry man. I think I’ve offended you in some way.”

 

Seunghyun shakes his head. “I’m sorry too. That was a little rude of me.”

 

The other guy taps him on the back, “It’s alright…I know you…uhm…what do you call it…YG family? I heard you’re very protective of each other. Like real siblings.”

 

He just nods his head. He types her a message.

 

Kuya:

Hey monkey face. Stop acting cute.

 

 

EDIT:

Guys..I'll be going on hiatus for a while...cause life is going to be quite busy for me these coming weeks...but i'll to try find inspiration while i'm away..so when i get back...i'll be updating as frequently as i have been doing for the past...what two weeks? ke ke ke..thank you for reading and i'll be back!