XII. I'M SICK

HOPELESS CRUSH

CHAPTER 12. I'M SICK

 

 

“Seunghyun, you’re sick.” She said.

 

“I’m what?” I answered.

 

“I said you’re sick.” She repeated.

 

The physician who pronounced this startling diagnosis is none other than Sandara Park. In fact, all this time I thought she wasn’t a doctor but part of a four member girl group called 2ne1.  She deduced my illness one evening while we were in backstage for Gaeyo Daejun.

 

Amidst the hustle and bustle among idols, stylists, and assistants going up and down the stage a certain y idol, whom I am not going to name approached me and casually tried to make small talk saying she knew someone that I know as well.  I didn’t want to be rude so I politely replied to the conversation with a nod here and there.  After a few exchange of words, which mostly came for her, she not so subtly hinted that she wanted to exchange numbers with me but I politely declined.  The idol pouted and idly walked away.

 

This certain, small person who was standing beside me suddenly diagnosed my condition.

 

“Seunghyun, you’re sick!” she said.

 

“I’m what?” I replied as I removed my earplugs. I suddenly realized I was wearing my earplugs while I was talking to that idol, no wonder her words didn’t seem to reach me.

 

“I said you’re sick! Why did you decline her offer??!! She obviously likes you???!!!” she said as she pointed at the way the idol exited.

 

I scoffed, “I’m not interested.”

 

“Eh…why’d you let opportunity get away? I think you two really match.” She said as she shook her head in regret.

 

What’s with this girl? Just because we had an amicable conversation the other day she thinks she can recommend anyone to me now.

 

“I said. I’m not interested.”

 

“What? No way? She’s soooo y…and pretty too! I mean if I had a body likes hers I wouldn’t be talking to you right now. Boys will be at my feet.” She said cheekily.

 

I looked at her incredulously.

 

Seriously? She wishes for a different face and body? Doesn’t she see all these idols around who are ogling her?

 

I thought as I looked around, a few guys were eyeing the girl, from ages of underage school boys to old ahjusshis.

 

“When I’m not interested, I’m not interested.” I answered with finality in a gruff voice.

 

“Ah, so picky.” She complained as she pinched her nose, a mannerism I noticed she always does.

 

Since when did I start to notice this weird girls mannerisms?

 

“Besides…they all want me for the same things.” I mumbled absentmindedly.

 

I glanced at the girl who was now looking the other way.

 

She was looking at a huddled group in one side, at one person in particular.

 

She was looking at Kwon Jiyong with admiration. Her eyes were sparkling, her cheeks flushing a bit, and unconsciously she was clutching at the elbow of my suit, holding her breathe as she looked at Jiyong from afar.

 

ing lucky bastard…

 

I remembered our conversation about her undying love for Jiyong the week before. The conversation that led me to call all my flings, and past girlfriends asking them what they liked about me. If they liked me for who I was or if I was any good to them and all the answers I got were very superficial. It didn’t matter to me before, all I cared about was if I was enjoying that flings company for a while, it didn’t matter to me if I was cherished by that person or not. But now I actually wish for someone to love me for who I really am.

 

I harshly pulled my sleeve away from her grasp.

 

“Stingy!” she said and she threw me a mehrong.

 

Don’t show me your tongue or I will kiss the crap out of you.

 

The thought suddenly punched me in my gut.

 

Crap. What has gotten into me?

 

Just then the rest of 2ne1 arrived.

 

“Guys what took you so long?” She complained to her members.

 

“Sorry. Bom got side tracked by food.” CL answered then she turned to me, “Seunghyun oppa…thank you for keeping Dara unnie company.”

 

“No problem.” I nodded as I started walking back to my group before throwing Sandara quick glance.

 

She’s right, I AM sick.

 

(Guys i'm sorry..i feel like my story doesn't have an actual plot...just snippets of little events here in there..they're not like chapters but...drabbles..)