V. CAN'T READ HIM

HOPELESS CRUSH

CHAPTER 5. CAN'T READ HIM

 

I could never understand nor read Choi Seunghyun, even from the very first time I met him.  He was always this dark, brooding guy who stood in the corner and watched everyone. But sometimes he would be this crazy funny guy that made everyone laugh. I couldn’t tell which guy he really was or what made him tick. If there was one way that I could describe my relationship with him, if there was any relationship established at all, it would be described in one word. AWKWARD.

 

I never try to speak to him first, and nor does he. But sometimes I feel like he is looking at me.  And when I try to make small talk, he either mumbles a short word or just nods his head and walks away.  I am way past trying to analyze what that guys’ problem is with me.

 

Besides I am way too busy looking the other way, looking at Kwon Jiyong.

 

Kwon Jiyong. How do I even begin to describe this guy? I’m not even going to try.  Just words are not enough to describe this complex but mesmerizing person.  If Choi Seunghyun had two sides, Kwon Jiyong has more than two sides and he was all corners. But all of them fuse into one complex character that just pulls you in, well at least for me.

 

Among all the people I know he was simply iridescent. 

 

But over the years I couldn’t stop comparing the Kwon Jiyong then, to the Kwon Jiyong now. I’m afraid, these past few years his brightness starts to dim. And it makes me worry.

 

“Ssssaaandara Park…stop spacing out.” Chaerin whispered in my ear.

 

She never calls me unnie. I looked up to the side and at the girl who grinned at me. She just got back from new york, and I sure did miss her that I’m willing not to mind that she never calls me unnie.

 

We were packing our bags for a week-end at Jiyong’s Crayon Mansion.  The mere thought brings butterflies to my stomach.  The whole place was closed for YG family for the whole week-end! And I’m super excited, hoping I get to sleep in butterfly suite.

 

The whole thing was Jiyong’s treat before 2ne1 becomes busy for debut. 

 

“Unnie…we’re only there for a week-end. Not the whole year.” Chaerin commented as I finished packing two suitcases.

 

“You tell me, we’re not going to a runway show?” I teased as I looked at her open suitcase showing five pairs of outrageously high heels.

 

She grinned sheepishly.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

When we arrived we didn’t expect to find Jiyongs’ father waiting for us.

 

“Wassup 2ne1!” he said all too cutely that it made all four of us laugh. We bowed respectfully to him.

 

“Well…too bad you missed the boys.” He said.

 

The boys?

 

 

“Jiyong, Younbae, Kush, and Seungri were here, but they went skiing. But maybe they’ll meet you up at lunch time.” He said as he showed them their rooms. Regretfully though, we didn’t get to occupy the butterfly suite.

 

“What about the others?” Minzy asked.

 

The others?

 

 

“Well…I heard Daesung was in Japan, to start promoting his album.” He paused to think, “While…Seunghyun is finishing up, alumni, I believe. So they can’t join you guys.”

 

“Ahh…thank gawd.” The words slipped out of my mouth before I could stop them.

 

“Mwo?” Bom asked. Thank gawd she was the only one to hear.

 

“I said thank gawd were here, and safe, and warm.” I mumbled nervously as i avoided eye contact from her and looked at the snow covered landscape outside.

 

“Aigoo…ssantokki…old age makes you sentimental.” She said as she pat my head.

 

But in reality, I was thinking.

 

Thank god that old fart isn’t here.

 

Unconsciously, a blush rose in my cheeks as I recalled the events that happened in the parking lot of NB club.

I myself...didn't understand what happened.