XX ENVELOPE

HOPELESS CRUSH

CHAPTER 20. ENVELOPE

 

 

Dara felt like a seventeen year old who got picked up by her parent after going to party that she didn’t have permission to go to.  But instead of a parent it was Seunghyun who picked her up.

 

She was glad for the conceal of darkness, because right now her face was beet red as Seunghyun pulled her to a hug.  His body felt warm against her skin and she liked the smell of him.  His protective arms were wound around her while her hands were trapped in between their bodies against his chest.  She could feel his breathe against her neck.  She was painfully aware of every little thing, aware of him that it scared her a little bit.

 

She felt him loosen his hands around her pull her away from him at arms length, his hands on her shoulders.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked as he peered down at her.

 

She just nodded her head and as she looked at his face, she wasn’t sure if there really was a slight flush to his face or if she was imagining everything. She cleared and his hands fell away from his shoulders as he scratched his head and took a step back.

 

He shrugged off his coat then handed it to her. “Put this on.”

 

She quickly put on the coat around her and was grateful for the warmth. “Thank you…I’ve been cold.”

 

“That’s not the only reason I want you to cover up.”

 

His tone caused her to look up at him and he was staring at her dress, particularly with her exposed leg with discontentment.

 

“You disapprove?” she asked as she looked down on her dress.  She wasn’t really the type, she definitely was a jeans and t-shirt type of girl. But Shin Minah had a hand at the picking of her dress.

 

He just shrugged, turned to his car and opened it for her motioning her to get in.

 

As they were settled inside Seunghyun told the driver to take them to the apartment she shared with the rest of the girls.

 

“So how was the party?” he asked casually.

 

She shrugged her shoulders, “Typical…lots of drinking, socializing...flirting.”

 

Seunghyun swallowed a lump at the last word.

 

“I just am not the type to enjoy that stuff…” she added.

 

“Then why’d you go?” he asked as he looked at her face.

 

She smiled a sad smile. “I don’t know.  Maybe I wanted to broaden my horizon…meet people…meet someone maybe…”

 

He took a deep breathe, “Dara…just because you’re longing for a relationship it doesn’t mean you have to settle for jerks like him.” He said.

 

She reacted quickly, “Ahhhh….definitely! I’d rather remain single for the rest of my life than settle for jerks like him!” she said laughingly and it made him smile.

 

“Not everyones’ a jerk you know.” He said.

 

“Yeah.” She answered as she looked at him. “But where is my soul mate anyway!”

 

He laughed quietly, “You know…they say instead of looking for the perfect person…you should try to be the most perfect partner instead.”

 

“Mwo?!” she asked covering as she laughed. “Where’d you get that Seunghyun?!”

 

He didn’t answer and just laughed with her. Aissht…where was the cool Seunghyun anyway? Why was he being cheesy with her.

 

“Does make sense though…” she said in a quiet voice, “Be the perfect partner…I guess I my case…I should learn how to cook. That’s really important.” She said counting off with her fingers, “Then maybe…stop being selfish…”

 

“Stop being a nagger…” he supplied.

 

“Yah!” she looked at him indignantly while hitting his shoulder. “I’m not a nagger!”

 

“Sometimes you are. Plus you easily get mad when you don’t get a reply to your text message. Just because I person doesn’t message you…doesn’t mean he isn’t thinking about you.”

 

She blushed at his last statement but decided not to react on it. “What about you? What can you do to be the perfect partner.”

 

He looked up, “Well…I just need to get my priorities sorted out.  Right now…the only thing that’s holding me from being with that person is my career.”

 

“Haii….you take your job too seriously.” She said.

 

He looked at her quietly. “That’s why I said I have to get my priorities sorted out.” he sighed. “I’m working on it.”

 

“I just want someone who is unchanging.” She said as she looked down on her lap. “Even though we don’t see each other often, or even when I get old and ugly…when I become a worst nagger than I already am…his feelings for me won’t change.”

 

They both wondered how their conversation started to become so serious like this.

 

-        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

She waved goodbye to him as she stood outside the apartment, while he stood outside his car.  She motioned for her to get in first and she nodded her head. When she got in she went up to the balcony and when she looked outside his car had already gone. She sighed when she turned around to get back inside.

 

This morning she was angry at him, but now they’re okay again. The thought made her shake her head as she headed to her room, that was when she noticed she was still wearing his coat.

 

There wasn’t much thought into it, like am impulse. She wasn’t really expecting to find anything. She just aimlessly dug her hands into his coat pockets and what she found was mint candy, and an opened envelope.

 

 

Her hands trembled as her eyes scanned the page of his military draft card.

 

 

 

an update before i serve the military...imean...before i go on vacation...gonna be swimming with whales tomorrow!!! see you guys!!!