Birth, Death, and Date

The Story Behind KhunFany

 

"Today is My Day!!" 

Tiffany was shouting repeating this phrase while entering every room of the girls to wake them up.

She woke up first without them knowing, 'cause she planned to cook breakfast for them.

"Girls! Come out now! Today is My Day!"

As the girls came out, they were surprised by the foods, which are prepared on the table, so plenty of foods, most of them are their favorites. Everything was well served and prepared carefully.

Sooyoung: "WOW! Let's eat! Let's eat!"

Sunny: "Hey! You haven't greeted Tiffany yet!"

Jessica walked towards Tiffany as well as the girls and gave her a very very tight hug.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"

After that, they gave her a kiss and another greet of "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Taeyeon: "And you prepared for us?? I thought the surprise must be coming from us, but it seems that Sooyoung was more surprised than the birthday girl!"

Sooyoung: "Hey! Let's eat! Let's eat! Haha"

Jessica: "We also have a surprise for you!"

Tiffany: "I already saw it! You guys just put it in the refrigerator, so I saw it already xD"

Taeyeon: "because you woke up so early!!"

Tiffany: "Anyway, thank you guys, that was sweet! ♥"

Hyoyeon immediately took the cake from the refrigerator as well as Yuri who took two bottles of vodka, which they bought last night for this celebration.

Sooyoung: "Hey let's eat already!"

Tiffany: "Wait, wait, wait. Before that, can I lead a prayer first?"

Then the members gave a short silence as Tiffany says her happiness and thanks to everything that day, since that was her day, she promised everything to be as special as possible as could be, and she also wished for the best for the members and for the others. All of these things to happen, whether good or bad are a big thanks to the Almighty.

After a short while, the members lightened the candle and sang for Tiffany to blow it. After that, they eat their breakfast, which Tiffany prepared and gave their gifts to her after they have done eating.

There are also lots of greetings online, from the fans, from friends, and also from family.

She also got messages from people close to her.

Wooyoung "Happy Birthday Fany Fany! Uhm.. Can we see each other? I want to give my gift personally to you!"

Tiffany "Sure! But maybe later on, after I got a time :)"

Wooyoung was preparing a special gift for her, since Tiffany was a very special friend of him. He may be also preparing this as a (confession) of his feelings to her but he wasn't sure if it was about time or just consider this as a friendly gift. He was thinking of a dinner date, but would Tiffany consider this as a friendly gift?

Wooyoung: "Khun! Can you teach me how to bake cupcakes? or a cake!"

Nichkhun: "Why? What for?"

Wooyoung: "Hmm.. I want to bake one and give it as a gift"

Nichkhun unfortunately didn't know whose birthday it was, he maybe forgot to ask her but he didn’t know that Tiffany's birthday was soon to come and was finally that day.

Nichkhun: "Well, lemme have the stuffs, I’ll teach you"

Wooyoung: "Hmm, what do think would you prefer? A cupcake? Or a Cake?"

Nichkhun: "A cake is better, but it will take time to bake, however, the one who'll receive it will surely like it! Of course! It was baked with love! Even if we'll do a cupcake, as long as it is baked with love, they will surely like it"impressing Wooyoung while starting on the mixes.

Wooyoung: "Hey, don't do all the thing, just teach me"

Nichkhun gave him the chance to do the work. As he watched Wooyoung, he asked him.

Nichkhun: "By the way, to whom will you give that?"

Wooyoung: "To the one's birthday today, Khun"

Nichkhun just nodded, when suddenly he got a message.

Tiffany "(-_-)"

Nichkhun wondered what was up with that message.

Nichkhun "Good Morning! Why don't just give me an eye smile?"

Tiffany did not reply to him, probably because she was disappointed? But Nichkhun would never know. Unfortunately, he didn't know that time.

Wooyoung: "Khun! I'm almost done! What's next?"

Nichkhun quickly went and finished doing the cake. After that, Wooyoung started preparing for the setting of the dinner date in a somewhere resto near the building, he was used to it, so he didn't need help from anyone as he wanted hands-on it. It was easier for him, so after he had finished setting it, all he has to wait was time.

--

[He doesn't even know it is my birthday today?? What the? Or maybe he knew it, he is just preparing for a surprise?? Oh~ why am I expecting this from him?]

Tiffany was having a hard time thinking of herself, there was something missing and she felt it. [Whatever it is, he must at least know it is my birthday, right? if not, I will hate him!]

While thinking, she got a phone call.

Taecyeon: "Happy Birthday!"

Tiffany: ":) Thank you!"

Taecyeon: "How is it? Can I just follow up my gift? I was supposed to hand it to Sica but she said I must give it personally to you. Ke ke"

Tiffany: "it's fine, Taec, I actually received a lot today! :) I'm so happy and thankful!"

Taecyeon: "How about Khun? What did he give to you?"

Tiffany suddenly stopped for a while.

Taecyeon: "I am not in our dorm tonight so I couldn't see what he prepared"

Tiffany didn't know how to answer. "Well, I'm not expecting though.." [Of course I am!]

Taecyeon: "Come on! Tell me? He gave you what?"

Tiffany took a deep breath. "Well, your friend did not know it is my birthday today.."

Taecyeon: "You're kidding! :D"

Tiffany: "Seriously! He hadn't greeted me yet, he did not know!"

Taecyeon: "Wait, wait, I'm goin' to tell him, hold on there!"

Tiffany: "No need, Taec! It’s okay, just let it go, he'll know it"

Suddenly, Hyoyeon came to call Tiffany. "Fany ah~ Wooyoung is looking for you! Come on! Faster!"

Tiffany immediately stood up and ended the phone call. "Taec, I'll just talk to him sooner, for now just let it. And thank you by the way :)"

Taecyeon: "Sure, okay I got to go now, goodbye, and Happy Birthday"

After that, Tiffany went to the door to meet who was looking for her.

Wooyoung: "Happy Birthday :)"

Tiffany: "Wooyoung! Come in!"

Tiffany welcomed him in as well as the other members.

Wooyoung: "Uhm.. I don't have to. Tiffany, actually I came here to invite you on a .. celebration, just quite a celebration I prepared :)"

Tiffany looked at him with wonder, at first she didn't get it.

Wooyoung: "Uhm.. It's your birthday, but, may i have this date?"

The members smiled at them like fluffing and really wanted Tiffany to go for it.

[How will I refuse this?? No, I mustn't refuse this, I want everything to be special today. Well.. fine.. ]

Tiffany: "Wooyoung, you don't have to do this, but still, I'm so thankful. I will go with you, but.. I won't take too long, I also need to get home early.. Will it be fine?"

Wooyoung: "Of course! Just an hour, Tiffany :) that is fine to me"

After Tiffany agreed, they both went to the place. It was inside a restaurant, a covered place wherein not much people could come by and see them. Tiffany was amused with the place, there were lights everywhere, and a beautiful scenery, everything was perfectly done by Wooyoung.

 

Tiffany: "Wow! Wooyoung this is nice!"

Wooyoung: "Happy Birthday! For you!" He opened a box of cake and offered it to her. But there was something Tiffany thought as she saw the cake, more likely with what Nichkhun gave to her last year. Then she suddenly remembered Nichkhun. By that moment, she again felt disappointed to him, why the hell didn't he know that it is her birthday? She thought Nichkhun was thoughtful to her, but why is this that he didn't even greet her? Before she could answer thoughts in her mind, a voice interrupted her.

Wooyoung: "Tiffany, I hope you are happy, I want you to be happy :)"Wooyoung decided not to confess yet, Tiffany seems to accept it as a friendly gift. He also didn't want to mess this night by a not sure move.

--

Taecyeon: "Nichkhun! Where the hell are you??"

Nichkhun: "I'm sleeping! What the hell?!"

Taecyeon: "Yah what the hell! stand up there you forgot?? Have you forgotten?!"

Nichkhun: "What?"

Taecyeon: "Uh? It's Tiffany's birthday today! She must be so mad at you!"

Nichkhun wasn't sure with what he just heard.

Taecyeon: "Man! You didn't even greet her"

Then Nichkhun finally realized. "Her birthday?"

Taecyeon: "She was so dis..." Nichkhun dropped the call and quickly stood up. He thought of Wooyoung who was supposed to give a gift to someone, he knew it, it must be for Tiffany. He was so busted at himself. He quickly went in their room and found Wooyoung wasn't there.

[This is wasted..I'm so wasted]
 He stressed out while tapping hard on the back of his head.

Nichkhun: "Junsu, where do think Wooyoung went to?"

Junsu: "Just beside this building, the resto I guess"

Nichkhun went out of their dorm and headed in the restaurant which is near their building. He entered the resto but could not find them there, he was thinking if they were together, but he knew about Wooyoung's plan on setting a dinner but he didn't know where.

He continued looking for them until he found them both walking down the stairs. Tiffany and Wooyoung saw him too so Wooyoung smiled at him.

Wooyoung: "Khun! You're here!" They approached him.

That broke his heart.. seeing them? together? That was a pure heartbreak.

Wooyoung: "Bro, thanks a lot for your help!" he turned to Tiffany. "Tiffany, Khun was the one who helped me on my gift to you, but I did the most of it! :D"

Tiffany didn't look at Nichkhun, she played as if she wasn't hearing anything.

Nichkhun just nodded, he couldn't say anything, he wanted to greet her right at the moment, but she was looking away trying hard to catch her attention.

Wooyoung: "Well, Tiffany, I got to send you back to your dorm first, okay?"

Tiffany: "Yeah, but, I'm fine Wooyoung, I can go home by myself, it's okay, I can manage :) Thanks a lot, super a lot"

Wooyoung: "No! I'll send you home, I promised myself I have to" he insisted blocking her way to go. "Khun, bro, I'll be back sooner, I just need to drop her by" "let's go, Fany"

Tiffany didn't have a choice, she was stuck in the situation and that was the only way to get out of it. She tried not to look at Nichkhun as she walks away from there, there was still the heavy feeling that she was disappointed on him. Nichkhun couldn't do anything, he was also disappointed with what happened, and more than that, he was jealous, again..

He was just looking at them while they were walking away and out of the restaurant.

--

The next next days..

 

Nichkhun was walking from place to place around their dorm. He was feeling uncomfortable these days. The reason was obvious, he was still feeling guilty about what happend these past few days. He dialed a number.

Nichkhun: "Hi.."
Tiffany: "Khun?"
Nichkhun: "Yes.. Tiffany,uhm.."  He hasn’t said his sorry to Tiffany yet.That was days ago, but until now, he haven't came up with his mindyet on what to or how to say.

Tiffany: "Why did you call?"
Nichkhun: "Nothing.. I just want to.. ask how are you?"
Tiffany: [Silly question..] she didn't answer.
Nichkhun: "Hey? Still up there?"
Tiffany: "I'm sorry, Khun, I'm actually busy preparing to leave, can we call up later?"
Nichkhun: "Leave? You're leaving? Where are you goin'?"
Tiffany: "At the airport"
Nichkhun: "What? goin' out of town?"
Tiffany: "I'm rushed to head in the US"

Nichkhun didn't speak for a while. He was wondering that SNSD doesn't have promotions overseas during that time, so why does Tiffany heading out of the town?

Tiffany: "Khun? Can I end this now?"

But Nichkhun already ended the phone call.

Tiffany [Weird? I thought he called me up to say sorry? Such a despicable guy! -_-]

Tiffany continued preparing for her luggages and things to bring, she was supposed to leave and missed guestings, but she had to go back right after days or so. After preparing, she was about to depart at the airport.

Jessica: "Ready?"
Tiffany: ":) Yeah"
Yuri: "Come back very soon!"
Tiffany: "I will :)"
Jessica: "The managers are waiting for you outside, take care, okay?"

Jessica and the other members gave her a hug and led her to the door when suddenly someone appeared opening the door with a slam.

Everyone was surprised to see Nichkhun there. It was his first time to visit them directly in their dorm. It was obvious that he was in a rush going there as he catch his breath before coming up to say something.

Nichkhun: "Hey! Thanks you haven’t left yet!"

The girls turned to realized he was referring to Tiffany as she looked at him in a shock.

Nichkhun: "Tiffany, can I have a second to talk to you? Just a second, please?"

He did not care that the girls were there staring at him with curiosity.

Tiffany: "Well..." she gazed at the members. "Fine. What is it about?"

Nichkhun could not start a conversation because the girls were there and seemed not to leave. Tiffany noticed it so she stepped out from the door and told the members that they have to talk for a while. So then, the members decided to leave as Tiffany closed the door.

Nichkhun: "Are you still mad at me?"
Tiffany: "Do we really need to talk about it?"
Nichkhun: "You're not in a hurry, I guess?"
Tiffany: "I'm about to leave, what is it you wanted to talk about?"
Nichkhun: "....... Why are you leaving?"
Tiffany: [~ ~ ~ ~] "Did you just come here to ask me that?! I'm visiting my family, and my grandfather's funeral, that's it! Fine with that?? I got to go"

Nichkhun looked at her in a worried face. "I'm sorry if that so.."

Tiffany: "It's okay."
Nichkhun: "No.. I'm sorry"
Tiffany: "Why so sorry?"
Nichkhun: "I'm so sorry about your birthday"

Tiffany stopped for a while. Finally, he said sorry.

Tiffany: "That is not the reason why I'm leaving"

Nichkhun: "Please don't make this hard for me, I really want to say sorry, 'cause I'm so sorry, I didn't know."

Tiffany: "That is what I've wanted to hear from you"

Nichkhun looked down then Tiffany lowered her head trying to meet his eyes as she smiled.

Tiffany: "Apology accepted :)"

Nichkhun: "You're not mad anymore?"

Tiffany: "I'm not mad! I was just disappointed, Khun. You were the first of all the guys that I thought would greet me, I even thought you were preparing for a.. surprise?! But I was just expecting. Assuming.. yeah"

Nichkhun again felt guilty to himself, he couldn't believe he missed that day which is very special to her, but he can't do anything for it, it was done, he already missed it.

Tiffany: "Sorry if I expected too much.."

Nichkhun: "How long you'll be staying in the US?

Tiffany: "Secret :P"

Nichkhun: "Uh? Come on!"

Tiffany: "I don't know yet? Why? You'll miss me, won't you?? :D"

Nichkhun didn't expect it! But those words felt like butterflies and he couldn't help but smile.

Nichkhun: "Well.. however long it'll be, I will still miss you" [In fact, even just the thought of you leaving makes me miss you already]

Tiffany: "What if I'll be staying there for months?"

Nichkhun: "No.. Just don't"

Tiffany: "Yah, I won't.."

Nichkhun: "By the way" Khun took off his cap and put it on Tiffany. "Belated happy birthday, I didn't prepare any gift for you, but this cap will serve as my gift. Take care of yourself. You'll be miles away from me, but still, take care of yourself, for me. Okay??"

Tiffany chuckled. "Yes sir :) but I won't take care of myself only for you! You know that?? I will take care of myself for myself! Understand??"

Nichkhun: "Yes ma'am"

The manager came and called Tiffany, he was surprised and became suspicious on why Nichkhun was there with her alone?

Manager: "We got to go now"  The manager immediately carried her things out from the dorm and brought them in the car.

Tiffany just whispered on him. “I’m going!”

And Nichkhun just nodded and signaled. “Goodbye :)”

After that, they left, he also went back to the dorm. He felt a bit misery, but somehow, he was happy that he got a chance to talk to her before she had left. He was so tired the whole day that it extended until the day tomorrow. He did not know when she ‘d be back, but everyday he waited.

 

--

After a few days.. the wait was over..

 

Nichkhun: “Hey! Hey! Give me a phone call! Hurry! :D”