Misery

The Story Behind KhunFany

 

It was morning of September,


Nichkhun, together with Junsu and Junho was heading on their way to the airport.

It is their scheduled flight to Thailand for an album promotion, and for Nichkhun to do shoot with Victoria for their show We Got Married.

 

Manager: "Okay, so, expected time to arrive in Thailand is at 10 - 11 am"

 

The members nodded.

 

Manager: "Khun, you will head straight for shoot as soon as you reached the terminal, and then visit the house with Victoria, while Junho, and Junsu will go with me in a hotel for a check in." manager told them as he gave the passports to them one by one.

 

Junho: "We got it, thanks Mr. Lee!"

 

Nichkhun had to leave them already for he'll be going on a flight with the WGM staffs. He too was very excited to see his family there.

 

Nichkhun: "I'll go ahead, thanks, Mr. Lee"

Manager: "Ne, take care of your self there" he gave him a tap.

Nichkhun: "Yes :) and by the way, sorry about last evening. I didn't mean to"

Manager: "Eh, forget it. Okay, go on, Victoria is waiting on you”

 

 

Junho: "Take care, bro!"

Junsu: "See you there!"

 

And then Nichkhun waved goodbye to them.

 

 

--

 

 

"Enjoy the flight Ma'am, Sir :)"

 

 

In the plane..

 

Victoria: "Okay, Okay, Okay. Hmm? Woah! It's so hard to read!" Victoria said as she opened a map of Thailand.

Nichkhun: "Oh? You even brought a map??"

Victoria: "Of course! No, only the map of Bangkok. I want to know names of places there, but.. I can't read what it says here? Hmf"

Nichkhun: "Let me see?" he asked the map from Victoria.

 

 

Nichkhun: "Okay, I'll tell you few places here. So here is Bangkok, this is where will be visiting, Hua Hin! Our family’s vacation house! And then, I plan to bring you here, Wat Phra Kaew, Wat Arun, Aaah! I miss the temple there, I also want to have you a tour at the beach, Pattaya! I have lots of stuff to teach you! and then here! Plearnwan Market, lots of food here, exotic foods xD Haha. 2PM Members loved here. So, where would you like to go first, Vic?" he asked as he turned to Victoria.

 

 

Victoria: "Zzzzz... Zzzz...."

Nichkhun: "LOL Wut?!"

 

Nichkhun just let her sleep, for sure she's tired. Due to excitement, she had a hard time sleeping last night. Well he too was very excited, more than Victoria.

 

He provided her a small pillow to support her head and be comfortable on sleeping.

 

After few more hours, they finally reached Thailand. Mr. Jeon, the producer, prepared the bodyguards for assistance as well as the cameras to get ready before Nichkhun and Victoria came down from the plane because the fans were getting crowded.

 

 

--

 

 

Nichkhun's mom was ready waiting for them.

 

Mr. Jeon: "Mrs. Horvejkul" he smiled as they shook hands.

Nichkhun, with Victoria, came towards excitedly to meet them.

 

Nichkhun: "Mom!" Nichkhun said as he gave her mom a kiss, while Victoria was just beside him not quite saying anything and was obviously nervous.

Nichkhun's mom noticed it and looked at Victoria which made her more shy.

 

Nichkhun: "Mom, this is Victoria :)" he held Victoria as he introduced her to his mom.

Victoria: "Good Morning :)" she bowed her head as a greeting to his mom.

Mom: "I always watch your show, thanks for taking such good care for my son. No wonder, you are indeed a good wife of him" she smiled, somehow took away Victoria's nervousness.

 

Mom: "Okay! So let's go now?" she told everybody.

 

Nichkhun: "Let's go!"

 

Together with the staffs, they went to visit Nichkhun's family's vacation house. Her mom also had prepared a little celebration to welcome Victoria and introduce her to the rest of the family. Nichkhun too was so happy to see them again. His Grandma, his sister, and all of them.

 

 

--

 

 

 

Seohyun: "Unnie!! Look!"

 

Seohyun was running towards her unnies who were eating snacks that time with their manager.

 

Taeyeon: "Waeyo?"

Then Seohyun showed to them her picture with Yonghwa in her phone.

Sooyoung: "Woah! Yonghwa oppa!" she quickly grabbed Seohyun's phone.

 

Yonghwa was paired withSeohyun to be his wife for We Got Married's 2nd Season. They were currently starting for their shoots, so most of time they are together and often mistaken as dating.

 

Sunny: "Come on Seohyun? How could you date this guy??"

Seohyun: "Aniyo~ we're not dating!" trying to take back her phone from Sooyoung.

Manager: "Somehow dating :D" their manager laughed as he grabbed a bottle of water.

 

Taeyeon: "Hey guys! Don't be like that, oh come here our maknae!" she offered her the snack. "Okay, now tell us, how close you are to Yonghwa now? How sweet?"

Seohyun: "Unnie!!" she quickly insisted. "I thought you're going to defend me from them??" Seohyun sounds crying.

 

Tiffany: "Hey, guys, don't stress her, Yonghwa is just her partner for the show, nothing serious though" finally saves Seohyun there.

 

Yuri: "But look! He seems so sweet to our maknae. Hey, Seohyun, don't get too close to him, he's a playboy xD LOL"

 

Then everybody laughed.

 

Manager: "Okay, listen, Girls. We Got Married doesn't have a goal of making the show only for fun, they are more on making the couples real and successful! They failed on doing that, like Jo Kwon? Gain? But it is somewhat their hidden goal" the manager explained to them in a serious way.

Taeyeon: "No! That's not true!" Taeyeon insisted, of course she too had experiences on guesting the show We Got Married in its first seasons, and she don’t felt it that way. The show is purely just for fun. Taeyeon knows it.

 

Manager: "Maybe before? But now, it is. They want couples be real?"

Tiffany: "No, they can't be like that" she told them. "They can't be real, just.. NO"

 

Tiffany was just listening, and she found it unpleasant to their manager saying those words. She totally disagrees. She wanted to explain about it but she's afraid Nichkhun's name might bring up. Their manager doesn't know about her relationship to Nichkhun, so she decided to just hang on with her statement not saying anymore about it.

 

Jessica on the other side noticed how Tiffany was a bit upset. Nichkhun was having a vacation in Thailand with Victoria that time, so Tiffany wasn't able to know how his boyfriend doing there, she missed Nichkhun so bad, and with that kind of situation, it is indeed upsetting to hear that her boyfriend and Victoria (couples of WGM) can be real.

 

Jessica: "Don't worry about Seohyun, she seems not to like Yonghwa that way, there's nothing to be real between them, right?" she smiled at Seohyun. "Besides, Seohyun is still our innocent maknae, she won't date him, or anyone"

 

Then everybody gave Jessica a round of applause for saying such an amazing conclusion there.

 

"WOW! WOW! xD"

 

Not sure if that was a complement or just another mock.

"Ne, Seohyun can't date yet xD"

 

Manager: "It is said that you aren't allowed to date" Manager opened up to them while picking a biscuit. "But I know.. I really know some of you are dating" their manager flashed a wink.

 

The members just rolled eyes at each other. It was obvious, both Jessica and Tiffany gave a little jump on what their manager just told them.

All the girls knew that the two (Tiffany and Jessica) have a boyfriend, but they also know that majority of them are exclusively dating! They kept this secret to their manager.

Manager: "I know some of you have and had boyfriends from training days until now" he stared like pointing at all of them.

Then they started feeling uncomfortable. Of course, most of them had (Taeyeon, Yoona, Yuri, and Hyoyeon) also Jessica and Tiffany, who currently HAVE.

 

Yoona: "Really?? Can you name them?"

 

Jessica [What the hell, Yoona?!]

 

Manager: Of course! Sooyoung, Taeyeon , and Sunny xD" he answered with confidence.

 

Sooyoung: "Oh! You got it wrong!!!" Sooyoung was almost about to hit their manager.

Manager: "Wait! But you at least had boyfriends right?"

Hyoyeon [Yes, obviously our manager doesn't have idea about which are dating among us, just guessing..]

 

 

Manager: "And I know Jessica, Yuri, Hyoyeon, and Tiffany is dating guys right now" he laughed again.

Yuri: "Wut?! And where the hell did you get that from?"

Manager: "Because you are always going outdoors! Probably you're dating"

Taeyeon [I told you, he is just guessing, he doesn't know! Nothing to worry girls xD]

 

Tiffany: "Because Jessica and I always go outdoors TOGETHER, we are dating each other!" she pointed at Jessica.

Sooyoung: "See? Mr. Lee Soo Man doesn't allow us to date, so we end up dating one another! We are now turning into lesbians Oppa xD" Sooyoung joked on them made them burst out laughter.

 

Manager: "Ugh! Scary!" facepalm.

Tiffany: "How about you Oppa? How's your girl? Min?" she smiled at their manager as she looked straight to his eyes.

Manager: "Okay, it's getting quite late, I'm leaving"

 

"NO!!" The girls tried to stop him.

"Come on, tell us about her??"

 

Manager: "Prepare for the coming album promotion, okay? We're going on overseas promotions, Japan. Okay? I'm leaving" he went on his way to the door.

 

"NO!!"

Seohyun: "Oppa, are you sweet to her too?"

Sooyoung: "Do you also bring her foods? or snacks? :)"

Jessica: "Are you still dating? Every night? Woah! Really? Every night?"

 

Hyoyeon [ert Sica attacks again..]

They were all very interested to their manager's mystery girl.

 

Manager: "Okay, I won't ask about your love lives, just don't ask about mine! Mind your own businesses, Okay? Okay? I got to leave"

And then their manager left them.

 

Taeyeon: "Maybe he's rushing to leave because he got to go for a date?" leader Taeng told them as she invited them to fix up the mess.

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

Victoria was just done being introduced to Nichkhun's family.

 

She felt their warm welcome, especially Nichkhun's grandmother. They had such good impressions to Victoria. A sweet, kind, and responsible woman. Just as calm and comfortable to be with, she really fits in the Thailand atmosphere.

 

They ate for lunch, cooked some Thai dishes, which Nichkhun's Mom taught her, then after that, they made a dessert. She helped them in preparing Som Thum which she really liked.

 

She had her whole day so wonderful. She learned a lot. But that was just her first day in Thailand, tomorrow will be her another day of new experiences, with the help of Nichkhun and his kind family.

 

Feeling tired, Victoria sat at the balcony with coffee in her hand. She was winding up, thinking.

[Nichkhun is so good to me, as well as his family.. I've always been excited meeting them, and now, I am so happy. More than that, I am so honored. Nichkhun is very respectful and responsible. Well, that is exactly the type of guy most girls will like] she smiled at herself.

[And even though we often times fight, I know he is still the gentleman. I.. honestly, I like taking care of him, it feels cute. I like treating him like my own husband. Ugh, I'm starting to miss Chan T.T]

She paused for a while.

[Why? Well I just like him.. and I miss my boyfriend. That's it]

 

Suddenly, she called someone by her phone.

 

Victoria:"Hello?"

"Qian? Did you call?"

"Chan Chan :)"

"Wae?"

Victoria: "Min Min! :)"

"Min :) uh, you called all of a sudden, how is it going there in Thailand? Fun?"

It was a surprise for him that Victoria called all the way from afar.

 

"Yes, so much fun.. They are so approaching.. A very happy, and close family" Victoria answered with a smile.

"Really? Sounds like you are really having fun"

"I miss you.."

"Well, I miss you too. Hey, are you done to your work? you're calling by the distance, don't you think it's too costly?" he said with concern.

"Aren't you happy that I called?"

"That is not what I mean. I miss you, but.."

"But what?"

"Vic, we are now getting noticed" The caller was a bit pleased but Victoria was more offended.

 

Victoria:"Well, sorry if I called.."

"Vic, please, come on? I miss you too, I really do."

"Okay. Maybe you're just too tired managing there. That's why.."

"I'll be fine. Have yourself a sleep"

"Yes, goodnight.."

 

Then Victoria ended the phone call. She turned in silence, she misses him.. but, she wasn't sure if he does the same.

 

 

A moment after,

Nichkhun came towards Victoria which gave her a little shock if he heard what she just said on the phone call.

 

Nichkhun: "Who's that?" Nichkhun asked to Victoria as he sat down beside her.

[He heard it..]

Victoria: "Well, that was nothing.. Just a.."

Nichkhun: "Your boyfriend?" before she could complete her statement.

Victoria: "You heard it?"

Nichkhun: "No, but you're having a long distance call, I assume it's your family? or a boyfriend?" he guessed.

Victoria: " No, no. It's not." she denied with a sigh.

Nichkhun: "Vic, come on, you can trust me! Tell me? It's your boyfriend, isn't it?" he convinced Victoria, but she seemed not to reveal anything. She just looked down.

Nichkhun: "Vic, can I ask something?"

Victoria: "What is it?"

Nichkhun: "the public knows that idols of SM aren't allowed to date. But Mr. Lee Soo Man, does he somehow allow his artists to date? Will it be fine if his artists are having relationships?" he asked her looking so profound.

Victoria: "No. All of us, are not allowed to have boyfriend, but it's not that we are not allowed to date? If you visit our company, you can see some idols dating just within the building, some of them even sleep together?" she explained to Nichkhun. "It's all up to their managers to handle the members"

Nichkhun: "So, you too are keeping secret about your boyfriend?"

Victoria: "No! I don't have a boyfriend!!" she stood up.

Nichkhun: "Fine! Fine! So defensive?"

Victoria: "Why are you so curious about secret relationships??"

Nichkhun: "Nothing... I just.. wonder who your boyfriend is??"

Victoria hit him with her hand again. "I don't have a boyfriend"

Nichkhun nodded to make her feel that he was convinced.

Victoria: "Nichkhun, I can't have a boyfriend right now, because.." [No.. I'm not supposed to spill this..!]

Nichkhun: "Because?" he raised both eyebrows.

Victoria: "Nothing.." Victoria took a sit again.

 

Nichkhun came closer beside her.

 

Nichkhun: "Vic, let me tell you. If you love someone, you shouldn't let any hindrances hinder you from your lover.. You must keep on it, right? So by time, you won't regret anything, because you know to yourself that you at least fought for it and did your best" [Well Tiffany told me this once.. When we saw Jessica rejecting Taecyeon's love for her]

 

Victoria stared at him. "How did you know? Why? Do you have a girlfriend? You're keeping secrets too? I'll tell Mr.Park!!"

Nichkhun: "No, I don't!"

Victoria: "You're having an affair with whom?"

Nichkhun: "No, no! I'm married, see? We’re married, we're couple here. We can't have other relationships for now, right?"

Victoria: "Are you.. lying?"

Nichkhun sat closer and held Victoria's shoulder. He slightly pulled her to let her lean on his shoulder. So as she did.

Victoria: "Why?"

Nichkhun missed Tiffany so much. He remembered the last night. And he wondered how she’s feeling that night too, if she's still jealous. He closed his eyes, imagining that the girl leaning on his shoulder was Tiffany.

 

Victoria: "Nichkhun?"

But he didn't answer.

As well as Victoria. That time, she felt like she was starting to get close to Nichkhun. Closer than to her boyfriend now. Nichkhun has been always good to her. Every time she was pissed off by her boyfriend, Nichkhun was always there to cheer her up.

She don't want to admit to herself that she is now happier being with Nichkhun, because she really love her boyfriend. It's just the fact that they are now lacking of time together. She was thinking that Nichkhun is right. [I must at least fight against the hindrances..]

 

The two were so silent. Without knowing Nichkhun's mom was seeing them. And from afar, they looked like really lovers. His mom turned to worry. They are used to acting couples. And she would become more worried if the two turn to be real.

 

 

--

 

 

Meanwhile..

Tiffany was walking with dishes in her hands. She was cleaning their dinner and helping the lady housekeeper to wash.

"It's okay Mi Young, I can manage this" the housekeeper worried. Tiffany must be so tired and needed some rest.

She put down the dishes near the sink and left it.

SNSD had their whole day preparing, promoting albums. They will sooner leave the country for Japanese album tours.

 

Tiffany was so tired, she went straight to her bedroom. It was her usual habit to lie down her bed, pick up her phone and do some BBMs, or trip with a sound.

 

She was so busy the whole day she even forgot the misery for Nichkhun. She just remembered him as she opened her phone and saw his picture on its screen. She smiled.

"Khun? Can you please come home immediately! I am so feeling the tiredness when you're not around" she said talking to his picture. She could hear Jessica in the other room having a phone call with Taecyeon.

She uttered a sigh then stood up. She reached to open her closet and saw the cap Nichkhun gave to her a year ago.

"Why the hell is everything I do reminds me of you??"

Tiffany took out the cap. Out of her consciousness, she smiled. Remembering the time how Nichkhun gave it to her as a gift. He was not her boyfriend that time, but she felt it obvious Nichkhun has a crush on her even before. [And I already have a crush on you that time too, and now we're more than that..]

 

Suddenly the door smashed open with Jessica smiling in excitement.

Tiffany: "You scared me!" Tiffany stood up.

Jessica: "Fany aaaah! Taecyeon just invited me to watch movie with him!!" she ran on the bed.

Tiffany: "Don't tell me you want me to go with you?"

 

Jessica: "Of course not! Only the two of us, exciting! It's my first time to watch movie in a dark theater with just the two of us. I want a horror film!! So I can hug him, every moment"

Tiffany: "My god Sica?! You'll go on a date in a public place?" she worried taking up the blanket from Sica.

Jessica: "It's dark in a theater! No one can notice"

Tiffany: "Ugh? That's dangerous. Think of it again! go on! Go to your room. Nah, I want to sleep!" pushing Jessica away from the bed.

 

Jessica: "Why? Taecyeon and I just love doing dangerous stuffs!"

Tiffany: "Then go on!"

Jessica: "I wanna borrow that cap xD" Jessica took the cap.

Tiffany: "Hey! That's Nichkhun's" trying to get the cap from Sica.

Jessica: "Just a borrow okay? I can use this so none could see me in the theater" and she went out of Tiffany's room.

Tiffany: "NO!"

 

--

 

Nichkhun was about to sleep that night too after he guided Victoria to the guest room.

He went straight to his room. And opened the laptop to surf online. He also checked for new e-mails, and updated some of his accounts.

 

 

"Nitchakhun" his mom called him.

"Mom" he smiled and reached for her.

"Are you enjoying the visit? So far?"

Nichkhun: "Of course mom, I missed everyone in here!" he sniggered to answer.

"How about Victoria?" her mom asked again.

Nichkhun: "I'm sure she does too! And tomorrow, she will be more enjoyed mom"

 

"For sure. Khun? does your girlfriend become jealous every time you are paired with others?" her mom asked with concern.

Nichkhun: "She gets jealous easily, mom"

"Are you and Victoria, getting serious already?" pointing at him.

Nichkhun: "No, mom? We're close friends"

"But why is it the way you treat her?"

Nichkhun: "Mom, there's nothing serious"

"I'm afraid this might be a conflict between you and Tiffany?"

 

Nichkhun: "Tiffany had her mind open. We agreed and talked about this before, it's all just for work, nothing serious"

"Well, you're girlfriend is so understanding, you are so lucky to have her :) I hope you’re not getting any further with Victoria, son”

“Victoria has a boyfriend, mom”

 

Nichkhun smiled at his mom. His Mom always asks about Tiffany, she concerns about her, every time Nichkhun and his mom are having phone calls, his mom wouldn't miss a chance to ask how is it going between him and Tiffany. His mom likes Tiffany so much. She saw her on pictures, and she likes her lovely smile. Nichkhun also talks about how caring and thoughtful Tiffany is. His mom really wants to see and meet her in person.

"Have a sleep now, son. Tomorrow you'll be having a conference, and Jaree will be here,  you'll be having a buy in the market."

Nichkhun: "Yes mom, I'll just surf a bit here, then I'll have my rest :) Good night!"

 

He kissed his mom a good night and guided her before the doorway. After that, he closed his door and continued on his laptop.

 

"Come on? Why no e-mails?!" Nichkhun mumbled expecting Tiffany would send him messages. Probably she's too busy especially that time SNSD was busy on their album. But he missed her so bad.

 

"Two days more, Tiffany, I'll be back.."

 

He told himself while staring at the bracelet Tiffany gave him last Christmas.

 

"I really hope your fine.. I hope you're not jealous.. I hope your happy.. Please send me messages, so I could know how you are?"

 

He sighed.

 

He was so happy that day to see his family again. But he missed Tiffany too. Without him knowing, Tiffany also that night was also miserable for him.. They both missed each other. That was the first time they were so from away from each other. And it was difficult more than they thought. This major challenge they were facing was just the beginning. Sooner they will meet new problems and challenges, but as long as they both fight for it, they can overcome it all.

 

This was just the beginning.

 

 

--

 

 

Tiffany: "I can't sleep! Sica! Wake up!!" Tiffany was trying wake up Jessica.

Jessica: "Why? What? Come on?! Fany? It's late midnight already!!! Let me sleep!" covering her face with a pillow.

Tiffany: "I can't sleep! Wake up, I want to eat, let's cook something!"

Jessica: "No..!! I'm so dead sleepy. Please!"

Tiffany: "Let's sneak out of the dorm, let's visit Taecyeon, come on!"

 

 

Jessica: "Zzzz....Zzzz..."

 

Tiffany: "Hopeless!! You're hopeless T.T"