Be A Couple

The Story Behind KhunFany

 


It was late midnight, Nichkhun with other 2PM members just got home from their concert. Everybody was tired, but they truly enjoyed the concert, as well as the fans that were really happy to see them on their first solo concert.

 

Everyone got straight on their beds dying for a rest. They need as much sleep as they wanted, busy days are finally over, and everybody deserves a total rest. But before the sleeps, before the rests, they fixed for a while, their manager was still there.

 

Nichkhun was about to get a wash when he was called by his manager for a meeting.

 

His manager wanted to talk to him about the show 'We Got Married' issues. There have been good feedbacks about their couple and there were also bad ones. To make it more interesting, his manager called Nichkhun for a request. A big request.

 

Manager Lee: "Khun, prepare to resume on your shoots, maybe tomorrow"

Nichkhun: "Tomorrow? But you agreed to have our celebration tomorrow?"he insisted his manager. He promised himself to get his schedule cleared tomorrow, he really wanted to spend his whole day with Tiffany alone.

Manager: "Hey! You can't celebrate the whole day! But you can celebrate the whole night. The show will not adjust for us, that's your schedule, tomorrow, prepare for the shoot"

 

Nichkhun somehow agreed on that, fair enough, he can celebrate his whole night for his girlfriend's birthday. It's better that way.

Nichkhun: "Promise?? Whole night, huh? Okay! :D"

His manager just nodded.

Nichkhun: "Eh, by the way, is it why you wanted to talk to me? I thought we'll be having a meeting about a problem?"

His manager took a seat. "No, not a problem. Actually there's something I want to ask up to you, I wanna ask how is it going with Victoria?"

Nichkhun: "Victoria? Yes, she's fine to be with. Why?" he wondered at his manager.

Manager: "so, you like her, right?"

Nichkhun was starting to find it weird to his manager. "Like??"

Manager: "Yes. You like her?"

Nichkhun: "Yes.. As a friend."

 

Then suddenly his manager took a snap on him.

Manager: "No! That's not how you are supposed to answer on interviews!!"

Nichkhun: "What? Should I say I like her? well, yes I like her, that's it?"

The manager just shook his head not feeling satisfied on Nichkhun's answer.

Nichkhun: "Should it be Love?"

Manager: "Yes! Exactly!"

Nichkhun: "No, I don't. Mr. Lee.."

Manager: "Of course, you don't! At first, you don't, but soon you'll develop feelings for her, Khun"

 

Nichkhun started to have an impression that his manager wants more about him and Victoria. His manager wanted to make it real. This is the thing he has been worrying about, and now, this will be his turn.

Nichkhun: "So you want me and Victoria more likely as a couple.."

Manager: "Khun, can't you see? People seem to love the chemistry between you and Victoria, and you're lacking on that. Please work on that. We aspired to be the best among WGM's couples, right?"

Nichkhun: "I'll try, Mr. Lee"

 

His manager stood up going on his way to the door. "Khun, do it. You're paid for this. Be a couple!" encouraging Nichkhun.

 

He just nodded. He can't refuse his manager on everything, 'cause his manager trusts him so much. But this is a way too far, however, Nichkhun will still try to work on it. This was what he promised since the beginning of the show, to do his best.

 

Manager Lee left the guys to have their rests. He has to leave, for tomorrow will be his busy day, accounting and managing incomes.

 

--

 

Another busy morning,

Everybody was busy gathering things, picking up stuffs, and arranging things. Others were also doing adjustments on lights, cameras and everything. It was another day of a shoot for the show, 'We Got Married'.

Nichkhun was sitting reading some of the scripts when Victoria came to sit in.

Nichkhun: "You're late" talking while not looking at anyone, but it was obvious he was pertaining to Victoria.

Victoria: "Late? You just came too early!"

Nichkhun chuckled as he set the scripts aside, and offered the food to Victoria, when suddenly someone called her on the phone.

Victoria: "Oh? Excuse me for a while, I'll be right back"

When Victoria left, Nichkhun uttered a sigh as he leaned on the couch.

 

[We must act like a couple, we are a couple]

He was thinking hard on what to do, he didn’t expect it’ll be this tough for him.

 

--

 

Victoria: “Khun! Are you done eating?” she asked him while taking the food he offered to her.

Nichkhun: “Oh, yes. That is yours already :)"

Victoria: "Thanks! Next time I'll be the one to bring foods"

Nichkhun just shyly smiled still feeling awkward that he lacked out of words to say.

Victoria: "Are we about to start the shoot?"

Nichkhun: "No not yet" He answered while picking up again the scripts.

Victoria: "Nichkhun? Why so weird today??"

Nichkhun: "Me? No I'm not! xD" he insisted trying not to look which made it obvious for Victoria.

Victoria: "You liar! You said you're done eating already, but it's obvious you haven't eaten yet. Here, have some" as she offered Nichkhun a spoon of the food.

Nichkhun: "No, it's okay, Vic"

Victoria: "Come on! Open wide baby boy xD LOL" giving him a spoonful.

Nichkhun: "I swear, I'm done.."

Victoria: "No, take this!"

Then Nichkhun didn't refuse anymore, for her to shut off. "Fine, fine!" So Nichkhun held the spoon with food she was offering him, but Victoria insisted.

Victoria: "No, let me"

Nichkhun: "Wut? Are you really going to feed me?!"

Victoria: "Of course! Why saying too much? Just take this!" and then Nichkhun was forced to when suddenly, Manager Lee caught them and called them by the door.

 

Manager: "Sorry to interrupt, but we're about to start"

Victoria: "You said we're not yet to start?" facing at Nichkhun. "You liar!"

Nichkhun: "I just thought about that! Hey! Stop calling me liar, just hurry up eating!"

Victoria: "Uh?" I don't wanna eat this anymore! Anything from you!"

Nichkhun: "Fine! Then fine!!"

 

Manager: "Guys? Just a while ago you were sharing foods, and then now, you are arguing on that?" His manager asked them, glaring at Nichkhun.

Nichkhun: "Sorry, we'll follow after, Mr. Lee"

 

The manager agreed as he left the two, making it a reminder to Nichkhun about their meeting last night, about what they'd just discussed.

 

Nichkhun: "Hmf.. Fine, then let me.. Help you, Vic"

Victoria: "No need, I'm going. The shoot is about to start" she willfully left Nichkhun without even looking at him, making him feel guilty with no reason.

 

Nichkhun [What's the matter with her?! It's so hard getting with!] he asked himself while taking the scripts with him and left the room.

 

--

 

While going on the shoot, he took an effort keeping close to Victoria while she kept on resisting him. It was quite hard having the role as couple but Nichkhun wouldn't deny it was also quite exciting.

 

Nichkhun: "Hey.." he whispered to Victoria but she pretended not to hear.

Nichkhun: "Are you really not going to talk to me??"

Victoria: "Khunnie?? What are you talking about?"

Nichkhun: "I said I'm sorry!"

Victoria: "Sorry about what?"

[Oh, come on?!]

Victoria: "About it? Khun, I was just joking around xD"

Nichkhun: "What?? I don't get it?"

Victoria: "Forget it, I'm not mad"

Nichkhun: "Wut? Are you bipolar or something? Do you have split personality? First, you're cool, later then, you're mad, later then you're fine again? What?"

Victoria: "I told you, I was just tripping on you, you know? "just kidding" still whispering at each other.

 

Nichkhun: "So, you're not really mad?"

Victoria: "No, I'm not."

Nichkhun: "Really?" he asked closer.

Victoria just nodded.

Nichkhun: "You're not mad??"

Victoria: "One more ask and I'll be mad"

Nichkhun: "fine, you're not really mad xD"

And then both of them smiled at each other.

 

--

 

The shoot took for hours, then after that, Nichkhun with his manager went to leave.

 

While driving the car, Manager Lee was talking to Nichkhun.

Manager: "That was a great job act, Khun!"

Nichkhun: "Mr. Lee, I wasn't acting"

Manager: "Yes! You seemed so real, I told you, you're gonna like her"

Nichkhun: "Mr Lee, I want her to be a close friend, nothing more than that"

 

Manager Lee just glimpsed on him, he was confident on himself. This was the one he wanted Nichkhun and Victoria for, and it seemed to be a good thing, if they ever be closer to each other, then it'll be better.

 

--

 

After arriving at the dorm, Wooyoung rushed to run towards Nichkhun.

Wooyoung: “Khun! Let’s go!” he tapped on him, and it was obvious he was wearing attire ready to go somewhere.

Nichkhun: “What? Where?”

Manager: "You're leaving??"

Wooyoung: “We’re having a party! Remember?? A celebration”

 

Nichkhun remembered it was a party celebrating their successful concert, but he can’t go with them. He promised this night to spend with his girlfriend’s birthday. He can’t miss it for it’ll be his last chance to make it up to her.

Nichkhun: “Wooyoung, can I just go after?”

 

Manager: "I guess he's tired, Wooyoung. By the way, I gotta leave, If you're continuing on the party, then be responsible enough, I'm going" he gave the car key to Nichkhun and went downstairs leaving Wooyoung with Nichkhun before the door.

 

Wooyoung: "Mr. Lee seemed like a father of ours :D" he chuckled. "Hey, Khun! Get ready, quick!"

Nichkhun: "Wooyoung, I'll just go after, you can go ahead, where the party be held?"

Wooyoung: “No you can’t! It’s Tiffany’s celebration, you must be there!”

 

Nichkhun took a moment until he finally realized Wooyoung was inviting him on Tiffany’s birthday, but what he realized made him think again. It will be quite uncomfortable for Tiffany and him to have a moment if others are there, same as what happened the night after concert. He didn't answer.

 

Wooyoung: “Khun, you don’t have to worry, I knew it..” Wooyoung affirmed to him as he slightly thumped on Nichkhun’s shoulder, then, he took Nichkhuns’s car key and walked on his way downstairs. “And by the way, prepare immediately, she must be waiting on you”

 

Nichkhun turned to him still wondering on what he just said. “What did you know? Wooyoung?” Nichkhun was thinking if Wooyoung felt it obvious on how he likes Tiffany, and at the same time, he was anxious on what he would do if Wooyoung finally realized he’s in love with the girl he once denied to him.

Wooyoung: “You like her.. I knew it.” He said to him in a calm manner, without even a sign of jealousy.

 

Nichkhun: “Wooyoung.. I didn’t mean to lie but..”

Wooyoung: “Khun? Just hurry up and go downstairs, okay? Go!”

 

Before Wooyoung finally left him, he called onto him.

Nichkhun: "Wooyoung, wait! I just want to make it clear to you.."

Wooyoung: "I can see she likes you too." he interrupted. "Would she let you take her out that night if she doesn't like you??” “Nichkhun, you're lucky, and I trust you, just promise me to take care of her.." he told Nichkhun and then finally went downstairs.

 

That moment, Nichkhun felt the big problem he has been worrying was gone, Wooyoung already know his feelings to Tiffany, and Wooyoung, out of his hope, didn't make it hard for him.

He stared at Wooyoung until he was out of his sight, then he immediately entered their dorm to prepare on leaving.

 

Taecyeon: "Khun! Don't tell our manager we’ll be out with Jessica! :D"

Nichkhun: "She's coming with us? Are the others coming?"

Taecyeon: "Hmm.. Sooyoung? Sunny? Taeyeon? and.. that's all! And Tiffany, of course. Hey! Khun, didn't you know it is Wooyoung who prepared for this?"

Nichkhun: "I just knew it.."

Taecyeon: "Khunnie, Wooyoung knew it."

Nichkhun nodded at him gesturing a "yes"

Taecyeon: "He knew it. Wooyoung is indeed a kind and thoughtful friend.."

Nichkhun: "Yes, pure unselfishness.." he said to Taecyeon as he looked down.

Taecyeon: "Khun, don't feel guilty, come on, let's go"

 

Nichkhun followed Taecyeon going out of their dorm. Only the three of them were to leave as the others were staying in the dorm. Taecyeon asked them not to tell their manager they'll be going with girls as their manager only know the celebration will be for them boys only.

 

Nichkhun: "Taec, where we'll be celebrating? Are we going to drop by SNSD's dorm?" he asked while going on their way to the parking area.

Taecyeon: "No, we'll be having the party just beside their building, no need to drop them by"

 

--

Wooyoung was sitting on the driver's seat while looking at a bracelet he was holding. He looked at it as if checking its every detail, and as he look to it, he was thinking..

 

[I was supposed to give this to her..]

 

It was an infinity bracelet. The one he was wishing to give to Tiffany. [I was..]

Because not anymore.

Wooyoung admired Tiffany since training days, they have been close, they have been.. But before that, before Wooyoung recognized her, before he admired her, Tiffany was the first to have crush on him. She once confessed to Wooyoung, that was the time he knew her, and after that, her feeling was gone.

 

Wooyoung felt her lost, and he didn't want it, he realized, he's in love. And how unfortunate that Tiffany did not feel the same anymore. All he got to do was to move on.

 

[Tiffany fell in love at the wrong time before, but now, she likes a guy who likes her too, who is my friend. I somehow must be happy for them, and I don't want their feelings be too late like what happened before]

 

Wooyoung heard Taecyeon and Nichkhun coming so he quickly put the bracelet in his pocket and started the engine as soon as they came in.

 

Taecyeon: "Are driving for us??" he asked Wooyoung as he entered the car.

Nichkhun: "Do you know how to drive??" he was worried, because it's his car.

Wooyoung: "Of course I do!! Let's go!" he pushed to unbreak and started on the clutch.

Taecyeon and Nichkhun shouted onto him. "Wooyoung?!"

Nichkhun: "If you can't drive, get off there!"

Wooyoung: "Here we go!!" and then they left with Wooyoung driving.

 

Their building is not that far from SM ent's company, it'll only take awhile to get there.

It was less than an hour after they arrived. They went straight at the bar where Jessica and Tiffany are there with other friends.

 

It was evening, even the bar has lots of lights, it was still quite dark at some corners. There were lots of people drinking, others were dancing while some were puffing cigarettes.

 

Taecyeon, Nichkhun and Wooyoung passed by them without being noticed. They entered a room where Jessica called them in. It was a KTV room being rented per hour.

 

Taecyeon: "Happy birthday!!" Taecyeon surprised Tiffany who was sitting while selecting a song on the karaoke player.

Jessica: "Taec, she heard it a hundred times"

Taecyeon: "What? I just want to greet her! By the way, where's Sooyoung?"

Sunny: "They were here, actually nine of us came here, there were also other friends here before you. But they already left, maybe they are somewhere around this bar"

 

Tiffany: "Thanks you came :)" she stood up and offered them the drink.

 

--

 

Meanwhile, Taeyeon and Sunny were singing, and the others were sitting on the couch busy on their drinks.

Wooyoung: "Khun.." he called silently beside Nichkhun. "Why you two aren't talking?"

Nichkhun gave a glance at Tiffany who he was referring to.

Wooyoung: "I didn't set a party for you to ill at ease, I didn't want this to turn awkward?"

 

Nichkhun: "I gotta go out for awhile.." Nichkhun stood up and went out of the room.

 

Wooyoung became worried that Nichkhun didn't even manage to greet her that night. If he, who's just a friend was disappointed, how much more Tiffany? Whose his girlfriend?

 

Taecyeon: "Wooyoung? Where's Nichkhun??"

Wooyoung took the drink before he answered. "He went out. Talk to him! What the hell is going on him? He's not even approaching Tiffany? Why he's not working on it??"

Taecyeon: "Relax! She's not his girlfriend yet, it takes time.. Maybe Khun's going on it, little by little, you know him.."

 

Wooyoung exclaimed a sigh. "She must be disappointed too.."  while glaring around finding where's Tiffany.

Wooyoung: "And where's Tiffany??"

Taecyeon also looked around the room finding Tiffany but she wasn't around. He bluffed at Wooyoung.

Taecyeon: "You know what? I guess they're now working on it. I told you, Wooyoung! Relax!" and then he drank a bottle of beer.

Wooyoung: "Ne.. Maybe.. Cheers!!"

 

--

 

Tiffany was walking on the hallway to comfort rooms. She found Nichkhun standing against the wall and called him.

Tiffany: "Khun? What is it we need to talk about?"  Nichkhun, before that, sent Tiffany a message to go out the room for awhile and meet him on the hallway because he wanted to talk about something. And she has no idea yet that there was something they have to matter.

 

Nichkhun: "Tiffany.. This is not what I want.. Honestly” he told her as he approached. It was obvious in his eyes how he wasn't fine with it. He wasn't fine that they keep on pretending in that small room, with friends around, with people they trusted.

Tiffany: "Khun.. I'm sorry, but we can't make it obvious to them, I just.."

Nichkhun: "You're scared?" he interrupted her.

Tiffany: "We can't.. Let them know.." she lowered her head not sure if what she said was just right.

Nichkhun: "Let me tell you something.. Wooyoung, already knew about us"

She turned to look at him with her eyebrows rising. "He knew what?"

Nichkhun: "We! That I have feelings for you. And you know what? He's fine with it. Wooyoung even helped me on you. Tiffany? I don't believe we have to keep this, there's nothing even wrong with it!" he insisted still keeping his voice lowered so that none could notice. "Tiffany, what worries you? Please tell me?"

Tiffany took a while before she answered. "So you.. wanted to tell them already?" she asked him still in an unsure tone.

Nichkhun: "Yes." Nichkhun nodded eagerly. It was a short but a convinced answer from him.

 

Tiffany could see in his eyes how he wanted this thing, and she realized Nichkhun is right. There is nothing to be scared of, this relationship is more than to be kept a secret. Besides, Nichkhun will be staying with her no matter what, so there's nothing to be scared of.

Tiffany: "If that's what you want, I will.." Tiffany smiled at Nichkhun as she stretched out her hands to reach his, gesturing Nichkhun to hold hers.

Nichkhun: "So.. We're telling them??" before he would hold her.

Tiffany: "No. We're not gonna tell them directly. but at least show them :)"

 

Nichkhun immediately grabbed her hands and made their way back.

Tiffany: "By the way, how did Wooyoung know about it?" she asked him while they're walking.

Nichkhun: "I don't know either. Maybe when the night we took an escape from him, I denied it to him, but he said, he's fine with it.. He gave way for us, Tiffany"

Tiffany: "He's still just like before.."

Nichkhun: "What do you mean?" they stopped for a while.

Tiffany: "Nothing, I mean, I am happy he's fine with it.."

Nichkhun: "I told you, there's nothing wrong if they knew, we'll be accepted"

Tiffany: "Thanks to you.." she leaned on his shoulder as they continued walking..

 

--

 

Meanwhile in the KTV room..

 

Taeyeon: "Where's Tiffany?"
Sunny: "Where's Nichkhun?" The two asked at the same time.

Jessica: "Wew, both of them aren't here, maybe... they're together!!" Jessica joked on them.

Taeyeon: "I told you Sunny ah~ Tiffany likes Nichkhun!

Sunny: "No! She can't be!" she argued grabbing the controller to select songs.

Jessica: "Watch out on them xD"

 

Taecyeon: "Sica, you don't have to worry about them, right, Taengoo? Here have some" Taecyeon gave her a bottle of beer.

Jessica: "No, I don't wanna drink -_-"

Taecyeon: "Why?!"

Jessica: "I don't trust you xD If I drink that, I maybe waking up in another room"

Taecyeon: "Is it what you think of me?!"

Jessica: "Yes, Mister :D"

 

 

Sunny played a song to sing when Taecyeon suddenly took the mic from Sunny.

Sunny: "What the hell?!"

Jessica: "He's drunk, Sunny xD Let him"

 

The room filled with an off tuned manly voice of Taecyeon, which made everyone bursts out laughter.

And while on that, Nichkhun with Tiffany came to enter the room again and have their seats.

 

Nichkhun: "Hey? Taec?? What the hell??"

Wooyoung, the same with others, saw them came in. There's no need to ask, they'd been out together.

 

Jessica offered the bottle, which Taecyeon gave her, to Nichkhun, and he took it.

 

Taeyeon: "Fany, tell Sunny how you like Nichkhun! She’s still in doubt! You like him, right?" she told Tiffany as she sat beside her.

 

Tiffany: "You're drunk, Taengoo"

Taeyeon: "No I'm not!"

Tiffany: "Can you please ask Taecyeon to give me the mic??"

Taeyeon: "Only Sica can stop him xD"

Tiffany: "Sica, can we have the mic from Taec??" Tiffany shouted at Jessica.

"Here, sing for us birthday girl xD” Taecyeon quickly gave her the mic as soon as Jessica could ask him.

Wooyoung: "Ne! Sing for us!" Wooyoung applauded to Tiffany as well as the others wanted her to sing.

 

Tiffany then took the mic from Taecyeon. "Thank you all for coming guys :) I'm so happy tonight. I hope our managers won't be mad at us tomorrow xD Well, this song is for all of you" She stood up and faced the guy beside her. "And for you, Nichkhun, thanks you didn't forget.."

 

Nichkhun smiled at her. It turned out to everyone how the two smiled at each other. It was obvious, there's something different between them. They saw it the first time, and they already got it. Their friends are in love with each other. This was something to be happy for. They do not know when the two developed feelings for, or how? However, they're happy at what they were seeing.

 

Tiffany sang to them with full of thanks to her friends. These friends are great ones. Although she's far away from her family, these friends with her didn't make her feel alone at all. And these are things she would always been thankful about.

 

--

 

The party took for hours, everyone was still enjoying, singing, playing stuffs, and drinking.

 

Most of them were already drunk.

 

Taeyeon was drunk.


Sunny was a bit drunk.


Tiffany wasn't drunk but she had a drink.


Jessica didn't drink at all.


Taecyeon was drunk but still awake.


Wooyoung was drunk.


And Nichkhun was....

 

--

 

Nichkhun was feeling dizzy already, he gazed around still keeping his eyes wide awake.

But still, he took a bottle.

Tiffany: "Khun, enough.." she took his bottle of drink away from him and his hand didn't had strength to resist at all.

Nichkhun: "Tiffany.." he called as he came closer to Tiffany and held her hand.

Tiffany: "Nichkhun? you're drunk.."

But Nichkhun continued to come closer.

 

T: [Wut?? Are you going to kiss me?!]

 

Tiffany: "No, not in here, Khun??" she moved away.

But still he came closer that Tiffany pushed him away and he ended up falling on her shoulder.

Tiffany: "Hey? Khun? Wake up!"

Taecyeon with Wooyoung immediately took a stand to check him.

Jessica: "Knocked down! xD"

Tiffany: "I think we need to go home already.." she told everyone as she supported Nichkhun on the couch.

 

Taeyeon and Sunny sighed a disappointment. They were not yet to go home. None wanted to go home yet. But the later they stay, the harder they could get home.

 

Taecyeon and Wooyoung braced on Nichkhun's shoulder to pick up him up and bring on the way to the car.

The others also started to get things up and prepared to leave.

Taecyeon: "You guys go out first, so nobody could notice us here.." he commanded to the girls.

After done fixing things, the girls went out of the room.

Then Taecyeon together with Wooyoung managed to take Nichkhun who was already asleep.

 

--

 

Tiffany: "Be careful.." Tiffany said to Taecyeon and Wooyoung as they entered Nichkhun in the car.

 

Jessica: "I'll be the one to drive you guys home" Jessica volunteered herself as she sat on the driver's seat.

Wooyoung: "We'll drop by the girls' dorm first" he told Jessica.

Tiffany: "No. Jessica, drop us at 2PM's dorm first"

Wooyoung: "But you need to get home already, it's late, besides, your building is nearer than ours. Jessica, drop by your dorm first."

Tiffany: "No! None of you can drive, we need to bring Nichkhun home before us!" Tiffany argued to Wooyoung.

Wooyoung: "But how will you go home after? It's late in the evening?!"

Jessica: "Hey guys! Back off! I'm the one to drive, so I am to decide where to go. 2PM's dorm first" Jessica finally told them for them to shut then none claimed after her.

 

Taecyeon was sitting beside the driver's seat, while the others were on the back seats.

Tiffany leaned Nichkhun on her shoulder as she supported him by her hands. Beside them was Sunny and Taeyeon. And last at the second back seat portion was Wooyoung.

 

Wooyoung was a bit sleepy too, but the sight in front of him made him to look.

He can see Tiffany's head with her hands onto Nichkhun who was leaning on her. He saw how Tiffany showed concerns toNichkhun. How she worries for him.

 

Before, he thought Tiffany just likes Nichkhun, but with what he was seeing from behind that moment, he saw more than that.

 

Wooyoung: [Tiffany loves Nichkhun already]

 

Then, as Wooyoung stares at them, he felt a thing he felt before.

 

He felt jealous.

[I thought I moved on, because I thought I'm fine with it. I never knew seeing this would be more painful than just knowing..]

 

Wooyoung closed his eyes and felt himself getting weak.

Weaker than he ever thought.

He wanted to sleep, so the pain he was feeling would subside, even just for a while.