Pay Me Back

An Open Relationship

Yoonjin's POV

Pay me back. Today.

It was a hot afternoon and I was doing some stuff in city hall when I received that text message from Lee Jonghyun. That day I was preparing a debut showcase for a rookie group. Yeah, that was one of my job. I helped here and there, this and that as a co-worker. My company was an event organizer and I joined them since I was an undergraduate student. Yup. I was majoring entertainment management, so worked in an event organizer company helped me a lot for practical studies.

I'll be very busy today. But, I'll meet you at 11 pm if u want to tell me about the payment.

I replied his message. Surely, that day I would be very busy like a slave--pleasing the PD, helping the light-men, and taking care of back stage. It was already a week since I met Lee Jonghyun (okay, I didn't meet him under my consciousness--I was drunk) and he talked about paying back. It has been my habit lately--drunk, carried home by Lee Jonghyun, and he insisted about me paying back. Well, it was not about money and I didn't know for sure what he wanted from me for his payment since it always changed.

"Ms. Yoonjin, come here!" My boss called me. "Can you ask to sound director-nim about this sound problem."

"Is it unclear yet, Sir? I've checked it just now and it runs well," I answered him directly. Surely, I've checked it about sound problem since I came here this early morning.

"Are you sure?" He seemed like thinking as he looked at me from head to toe. "Then, order lunch for staffs!"

"Yes, Sir."

Sigh. My boss was a weird person that carelessly command this and that. He had a good capability though, but it seemed like he looked for my mistakes. I was already immune about he act arbitrarily to me--I worked with him for 4 years though. He seemed like a cold person but truly was a kind person. He act arbitrarily because he wanted his worker to do their best anyhow he would give us a big reward for our works.

It's not a hard thing. Just pay me after your work. I'll come to your flat at 11 pm.

I was about to order lunch as my boss commanded me when I received another message from Lee Jonghyun. Stubborn. He insisted me to pay his back directly today--huh, a loan shark. It was not like I have many debts on him.

As you wish.

I couldn't refuse him because I respected him. However, he was the one who helped me from my "drunk world". Sigh. I was a fool who always solved my problem with alcohol. I couldn't stand it though. You could call me a coward, a crybaby, or anything bad about my foolishness over a jerk

Sigh. I remembered that jerk again. 

Forget it,  Han Yoonjin.

Do you wonder why I know that Lee Jonghyun from CNBLUE? I met him for the first time in a back stage in a show in France, 3 years ago. It was a joint concert of various K-Pop idols and my company was the organizer. Yeah, surely there are a bunch of staffs like me in the back stage, but surprisingly I was the only one who keep contact with him. Maybe, because our first meeting was rather unique (?). When I heard about his military service, I thought we would never meet again. Twenty-two months was an enough time for him to forget someone like me.

Maybe, Jonghyun would forget me if we didn't bumped each other 3 months ago--on early May. It was a shocking day when I bumped to a man with hair face around his mouth. I hardly recognized that he was LEE JONGHYUN. He recognized me first, then we started to talk like an old friends. Yeah, I've heard CNBLUE finished their duty in early April and their bassist married the next day. But, there were no news about them after that, then I found out the guitarist turned into terrorist-like-man in May. I just couldn't help to laugh when I remembered that meeting.

(Author's Note: Actually, this is FTI's Jonghoon in Flower Rock MV, but let's assume this is Lee Jonghyun's terrorist-like-man)

Author's POV

The night turned into a deep black when Jonghyun saw Yoonjin parked her car on the road side in front of her apartment building--it was 11 pm. She closed her car door weakly; surely she looked very tired. He could tell it by looking at her face and her rumpled dress. He was about to come to her when he saw a figure of a man followed Yoonjin, but she was clueless about that man behind her. She must be busy with her thought about going to bed early.

"Jini-ya."

That man finally called her. Hearing that voice, Yoonjin stopped her steps as she frozen. She hardly turned her head around to found out who was calling her. But, she could tell who he was by hearing his voice. That jerk, she thought. Without even bother to turned around, she continued her steps.

"Jini!" That man grabbed her wrist before she could entered the building. "Please give me a chance to explain. I beg you, Han Yoonjin," he said with a husky voice.

Yoonjin didn't tremble even for a second. That voice, she missed it badly for sure, but it just hurt her more. She stood there like a statue, that was the worst thing she could imagine--met a man who dumped her harshly. That man grabbed her shoulders and turned her body to face him.

Jonghyun was shocked to see the man action. He would interrupt them, if he couldn't see Yoonjin gave a death glare to that a pair of dejected-eyes of that man. Jonghyun stopped himself for willing to interrupt their business. They must have their own problem, he thought.

"What?" She asked--greeted her teeth.

"We should go in first, it's cold here," he said softly.

"GO IN WHERE? JUST GO TO HELL BY YOURSELF, YOU JERK!" Yoonjin couldn't hold her anger anymore. Her voice surely broke a silent night.

Jonghyun was shocked once again to hear her shouting voice. He knew, something wasn't right about them. But, he insisted himself to stay and wait.

"Jini, please! Don't treat me like a criminal," that man said as he hold her hands tightly.

Yoonjin released her hands from his grabs. "But, you are!"

"I'm so sorry, Jini. I... I must be out of my mind to go out with her. I was wrong to leave you. Please, forgive me. You know, you are the only one I love. Forgive me for making you cry. Please..." He held Yoonjin's hand once again.

"As if! I'm quitting cry," she said with sarcasm, then release her hands and turn around--intended to go in. But, like a thunderbolt he grabbed her shoulder and threw her into his hug.

"LET GO OF ME, JERK!" Yoonjin shouted again.

Jonghyun was puzzled--didn't know what the hell was happening in front of his sight. He didn't want to bother them, but it seemed Yoonjin was annoyed by that man. He couldn't hold himself anymore and decided to interrupt them. But...

"I SAID, LET GO O---"

Yoonjin's shout was cut suddenly. That man tighten their hug and kiss her lips roughly! Yoonjin was automatically frozen. When is their last kiss, she wonder. The kiss was getting passionately and drove her crazy. Her anger was instantly gone--she was enjoying the kiss.

Oh, ! You respond this jerk kiss! Yoonjin suddenly got her consciousness back. She broke their kiss, then slapped him strongly--enough to spill all of her anger.

"Don't even dare to show up again!" She exclaimed, then went it to the building. This time, he didn't even stop her.

Jonghyun, in the other side, was smirk to that scene. I know it, she is very strong. He saw that man went by his car to somewhere. He has a good lesson this night, Jonghyun thought.

Jonghyun's POV

I run to catch Yoonjin before she closed the elevator. "You are late, Miss. I was waiting for you for forever." I said as I pressed the closed button.

She looked at me--puzzled. You are not okay, girl. "Uhm, you've come?"

"Don't u see me? I sat in lobby, but you just walked here without even recognized me. That's hurt my pride," I said.

"Did you?"

"Uhm," I lied. I was waiting for you at the road side.

The elevator  was open, then I followed her to her flat. She didn't talk much whereas she was a chatterbox. I just sat on the couch comfortably like I came here often (it was the first time, indeed) while she did her things like I wasn't here.

"YA! Han Yoonjin-ssi! I came here to get my payment. Don't ignore me like I'm not around."

"Shut up! Let me take a bath first, Sir!" She threw a pillow and it hit my face badly. "Ahh, jinjja. A loan shark is in my house. I can't even imagine!" She mumbled as she grabbed a towel and went to the bathroom.

I was giggling. Sigh. She came back to her own self. Thanks, God.

I looked around her room. It was a single room cover with a plain wall paper. There wasn't much poster hang in, but books and papers were everywhere. It didn't count as a tidy room though, but it was her way to arranged her stuff. I scanned her study desk and then I smiled when I found a batch of CNBLUE's albums there. I was amazed because she collected it since the 1st Japanese Indie Mini Album--Now or Never. It had been 11 years. Was she our fans or what?

I was smiling from ear to ear because I found out how young I was on that cover of our 1st album. I was just 20 years old back then and I was living a tough life in Japan with my fellows band. Suddenly, my smile disappeared when I found a piece of photo neglected in the corner of her study desk. It was her with... that man.

Yeah, I could tell they were a couple and was having a big problem right now. Was it the reason why she drunk almost at least once a week this month? Did they break up? And just now, in front of the building... what is it? Tsk, why did I even bother to know?

I put that photo back. I was indirectly get involved to their problem. Of course, I was the one who brought her when she was drunk after she called me unconsciously. I got involved without I even know what was the matter. Han Yoonjin, if I didn't owe you that much, I would never done these things.

"Tell me what do you want from me to pay you back, Sir!" Yoonjin suddenly popped up in front of me and shouted. Aish, this girl hobby really was shouting.

"Aren't you tired?" I asked her. She looked very tired when she got off the car back then. But, she looked very fresh after she took a bath and changed into white tee and black hot-pant.

"Of course I am," she answered as she walked to the kitchen. "Do you want a cup of coffee? I think I have to drink a pot of it. I have  many works to do this night."

"Yeah, give me a cup," I answered as I looked at her. "Hey, you aren't even an idol. Why do you have to work after your schedules today?"

She put a cup of coffee on the table in front of me, then sipped from her own cup as she sat in front of me. "Idol isn't the only one who have many works to do, Sir."

"But, why don't you rest?"

"I was planned to take a rest, but see--you're here as a loan shark," she answered with sarcasm. "Just tell me what do you want?"

Before I answered that question, I laid my body on the couch lazily. "Give me massage!" I ordered.

She didn't answer. Silent. I turned my head to look at her. She was standing with her crossed arms and was watching me with a death glare. "Can't you hear clearly, Han Yoon Jin-ssi? Give me massage and you won't have any debts on me."

"Aish, jinjja. I was touched by your words a few second ago, 'aren't you tired?', 'why don't you rest?' Sigh, of course I must know that Lee Jonghyun isn't a caring person... I'm not even your slave and you order me like you are my owner," she nagged as she sat beside me and started to give me massage.

I was giggling"But, you did my order, Miss. Ah, you are the best!"

"Lee Jong, gomawo. Sorry for troubling you over and over again," I heard she said softly to me. Aish, her soft voice felt like heaven but that "Lee Jong"... Didn't she have to call me properly? I was 4 years older than her though, but she even used banmal to me.

"Never mind. As long as you can pay your debt, Han Yoon," I replied with an evil smirk and then in a second she pinched my skin. "Aaaak! Ya! Can't you massage me properly?"

She laughed out loud to see me in pain. I was about to pinched she back, but suddenly, I heard my phone rang.

"Nah, your phone is ringing. Why don't you pick it up first, Sir?"

I gave her a sulked face when I changed my position on the couch to sit. I grabbed my phone and saw the caller ID--Yonghwa hyung?

"Eoh, hyung? Wae?"

"Where are you right now?" he asked, half whispered.

I looked at Yoonjin before I answered. "Uhm... I'm with my friend. Wae?"

"Can't you just stay there 'till tomorrow morning...?" he asked again carefully.

"But, why?"

"Seohyun is here. Do you get it?"

"Eoh, I get it, I get it," I nodded. "Make sure Minwoo doesn't come to interrupt. I hang up."

Tsk, tsk, tsk. That hyung. Just got married sooner and give me another nephew or niece. They should got married in the first place before Minhyuk and Jungshin did.  Yeah, they would get married first if their relationship wasn't complicated before.

"You can start to do you work," I said to Yoonjin as I walked to her bed, then laid there. "I'm going to sleep. Just do your work."

"What is it now?" Yoonjin asked in amazed. "Don't you have to go home? Yonghwa oppa called you, right?"

"He dumped me," I answered. "I have no place to sleep. Let me sleep here tonight."

"Tsk, so childish. Is Seohyun eonnie there?" She asked as she knew everything.

***

"...Jong... Lee Jong... Lee Jong... YA! LEE JONGHYUN!"

I opened my eyes in a shock when I heard someone shouted. I blinked my eyes and found Yoonjin stood in front of me. Before I gave her complaint, she pulled out the blanket already. Aishh.... Can she not shout for one day?

"What?"

"It's morning already. Don't you have any schedule, Sir? I heard CNBLUE are going to come back, huh? So, get off from my bed. I need to sleep too," she nagged again as she pulled my hands--insisted me to get off.

I fell from the bed by her pulling. Was she a judo player or what? Sigh. I get up and instantly went to the kitchen--finding something to eat. I saw Yoonjin was already sank in the blanket with her closed eyes. She must spent all night to finish her work. Was she a super-girl or what?

There was just a roasted bread on the table. I looked for rice in the rice cooker, but it was empty.

"Ya, Han Yoon! Why don't you have any rice? How can I have breakfast with just this roasted bread?" I complained.

"I have been very kind to make you that roasted bread. You know I can't cook. So, don't mock me for just feeding you a roasted bread. Just eat it and go!"

I laughed to hear her answer. Yeah, of course I knew. She couldn't cook anything, even a bowl of rice--she couldn't make it. But, she was pretty good to make cookies, cake, and everything sweet. I had no choice, so I ate a plate of roasted bread that she left.

"Nan kanta. Don't drink alcohol again and cry, you punk!" I said to her as I knocked her head before I left her room. 


Hi, my subscriber and reader! Sorry for updating it late. I hope you enjoyed this story.

Don't forget to leave comments. Gamsahamnida. *bow*