Her Boy(-)friends

An Open Relationship

"Let's drink together! The four of us."

Jonghyun felt three pairs of eyes stabbed him accurately into his lung like a sharp blade. He kept grinning despite the strong disagreement he saw on the three people's eyes in front him. Don't ask him why because he didn't know why.

The girl was the one who reacted first upon Jonghyun 'suggestion'. She sighed heavily, her hands that used to be put on her both waist, weakly put down. No more disagreement protest in her eyes that Jonghyun––nor the other two men––saw, because the girl just simply walked away from the scene.

"Let's go up, just don't be noisy. We has some stuff to discuss about."

The three men needed some time to digest what she means. But they still couldn't get it when they saw the back of her body disappeared before the building glass door. In hurry, they swayed in their steps, duckling her behind.

Songju made his steps faster, so he could walk side by side with Yoonjin. Taegyu gave the confused Jonghyun a slight shrug before he reached Yoonjin's another side to ruffle her hair. Jonghyun was left behind, watching those three's backs with his questioning mind.

***

Jonghyun was still busy with his mind when he found himself already sat on a carpet with a can of cold beer in front of him. He opened the can as he eyed the still silent people around him. They're not waiting for me to speak up, and then tell me to get out of here, right?

Finally, Jonghyun looked at Yoonjin right in the eyes, and asked full of concern, "Are you okay, now? I mean... like an hour ago you looked like a zombie... and somehow I knew that you were in the car when the car hit--"

"How did you know?!" Songju cut him disbelief. "Are you a stalker?!" He gave Jonghyun a disgusting look, before he fixed his eyes on Yoonjin, complained, "How could you just stop the car suddenly? That's dangerous! And why did you runaway?" He nagged at her in annoying manner.

"Hey, wait, wait," Taegyu said in between as he bottom up his can. "What's with all these alien talk? Don't leave me out. Beside... I told you guys, I didn't expect guests. Especially, both of you."

"C'mon, Taegyu. Don't act like a pain in the . I'm not a stranger," Songju responded. At the latter sentence he glanced at Jonghyun before he continued, "And why were you with her without telling me?"

"Oh please stop this nonsense talk!" Yoonjin finally snapped out.

Songju turned his head around to face her. But, instead of telling what's on his mind, he closed his mouth upon seeing Yoonjin's glare.

"Wait," Taegyu broke the silence. "None of you answer my question. Especially,"––he looked at Jonghyun––"you... You're that––what can I say? Mister... guitarist?"

Jonghyun was taken aback upon that direct question. But before he could find his voice, he heard a deep-heavy sigh from the girl in front of him. For a moment all he could hear was his own breath, eyeing her frustrated face. What happened?

"The thing is..." she finally spoke up hesitantly. "I told you, I don't want to meet that friend of yours, Taegyu-ya," she pointed at Songju as she rested her head on Taegyu's shoulder without even looked at Songju.

Songju was about to protest but Taegyu signed a "NO" to him.

"So?" Taegyu responded coolly.

"Told you he caused trouble..." she gulped down his beer, "...with that guy..." then pointed at Jonghyun.

Jongyun frown. "Excuse me?"

"You..." Taegyu stopped for a while, thinking. "Hmmm… ah he’s that Lee Jonghyun guy?" he asked Yoonjin.

Upon hearing that question Yoonjin sneering at Taegyu. She, then, straighten her sitting position, seem determined with her act. "I'm embarrassed to say this, but that guy beside you is the one that upload your photo the other day," she revealed to Jonghyun as she pointed at Songju once again.

"What are you talking about?" Songju protested as he glanced at surprised Jonghyun.

"The other day I couldn't say this, but now you have known of this matter. And the culprit is right beside you," she continued boldly, ignoring Songju's protest. "You can resolve it sooner or later. I've done my part."

Songju put down his beer can quite hard, causing a loud sound and dripping beer. He clenched his teeth. "So, you're now admitting that day you're with him in that condition?" he said cynically.

“Why do you bring that up?”

“Why? Because I find it amusing, that you even bring him here when you said nothing happen the other day.”

“I told you, not to drag him in. You just get the black goat for your own fault!”

“I just want you to admit, that I’m not the only one at fault. Because the fact, you’re with him too.”

"Why don't you apologize instead of keep saying bull?!" Yoonjin lost her cool as she raised her tone.

"Why should I? I just revealed what I've been witnessing," Songju replied, "Yeah, I should apologize to media because I didn't show them the whole things. What would they write if I revealed that he just got off from your car?"

"CAN YOU NOT--?"

SHRIEK~ BUMP!

Before Yoonjin could finish her words, she saw Jonghyun already cornered Songju to the wall, made a loud bump sound when Songju's back hit the wall.

"I'm about to let this matter go. But you're making this bigger." A sharp stare could be seen in Jonghyun's eyes.

Songju tried to push Jonghyun but Jonghyun wouldn't let hi. Songju was cornered even more, but he kept struggling to like a little lamb that caught in tiger's paw.

"Are you showing off that you're a gangstar?" he said clenching his teeth, despite his weak position.

Yoonjin got up and separated them with all energy she had. She looked more frustrated than before as she helped Songju getting up.

"You never learn how to use your mouth for good," she snarled as she leaned closer to Songju.

Songju was taken aback upon Yoonjin’s act. It’s so sudden that later she hugged him. He saw Jonghyun behind Yoonjin’s back was also surprised and with the corner of his eyes, he saw Taegyu give him an amuse gaze. He couldn’t help but felt nervous and couldn’t control his heart beat. It’s been a while…

But that hug only last for second as she released it sooner as she smirked at Songju. "You still have it, don't you? Sorry, but I don't," she whispered in his ear, make him frozen.

She turned around to face the shock Jonghyun. "Here, check it. You can delete them or have them," she said as she handed Songju's phone that she took while hugging him before. Songju gawked in disbelief, feeling like a complete fool he was.

Jonghyun took the phone hesitantly as he still eyeing the owner who could do nothing behind Yoonjin's back. In an instant he found the photos of him.

"He doesn't have the photo of me getting off from your car. You're safe," he handed it back to frowning Yoonjin. "Since, the photos don't affect me badly... I should thank you instead, right? Beside you took it nicely, you can have it. You must be my secret admirer," he ended his words with winning smirk.

Songju is being humiliated. It’s a K.O. for him.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~" A bursting laugh can be heard loudly as Songju grabbed his own phone in shame, make him more pissed off. It's Taegyu's, his so-called-bestfriend, laughter.

The laughing man got up and grabbed Songju's phone. "So you're paparazzi now? Or a fanboy? Heol. Daebak! Hahaha..."

Songju couldn't answer again and just grabbed his phone back, before he slumped his body on the floor and bottom up a can of beer. Taegyu joined him still in his laughter. while Jonghyun and Yoonjin exchaged a glance awkwardly.

"Aigoo~ uri babi is thirsty..." Taegyu teased as he put around his arm on Songju's shoulder. Songju shrugged him off, but Taegyu kept putting his arm around. It repeated ntimes.

Yoonjin and Jonghyun had been back to their "seat" in silent. They exchanged a glance awkwardly. They lost their words although what on their mind are thousand ways to say sorry and thank you.

To be honest, like she said, she was so embarrassed. Just now, what she had been hided was being unveiled in front of Jonghyun. Her biggest and painful secret, of having that kind of ex-boyfriend. Remind you, they were not even close to know each other's secret. But, Yoonjin had to be responsible because no matter what she had let Jonghyun involved in her personal matter.

As much as she regretted the day she came to Jonghyun as her runaway, she felt relieved. Her days had been complicated since her runaway from her problem with Songju. She just happened to meet Jonghyun in the right time. But she didn’t realize until today, that right time had been over, ever since she came to him for the second time, third time, and repeatedly. That’s all because her irresponsibility, her egoistic.

But, she felt relieved that person is Jonghyun. If it’s not Jonghyun she didn’t know when she could knock out Songju like what she did just now. And it’s only Jonghyun who wanted to meet her after her countless calls without asking the reason. If it’s not Jonghyun no one would accompany her in silent.

She saw Songju drinking the beer endlessly as Taegyu kept teasing him, make him annoyed.

Even Taegyu could not, she continued her thought. Although he is her very close friend, however he is Songju’s homey. She didn’t want to be judged.

“Aish,” she grunted as she glare at Taegyu. “Why don’t you stop him drinking? He is a mess when he drunk!”

“Let him be, a broken heart should be treated with drinks,” Taegyu shooed her.

Songju seemed has loosened his right mind as he kept drinking with his blank face. It must be given him a big shock. He is a man with a high pride. What she and Jonghyun did must be stepped down his pride. He lost without dignity.

She took a glance to silent Jonghyun once again, before she happened to see the wall clock showing 2am. She sighed heavily. How many time she sighed a day?

♪ ♪ ♪  Ring ring ring ring ♪ ♪ ♪

Alarm sound could be heard not long after Yoonjin’s sigh. She checked her phone, it’s her… and Taegyu’s…. and Songju’s…

They set the same alarm at the exact time with the same sound.

♪ ♪ ♪ Saengil chukhahamnida, saengil chukhahamnida, saranghaneun… Taegyu, Yoonjin… saengil chukhahamnida~ ♪ ♪ ♪

It’s Taegyu’s recorded voice from centuries ago, it’s a crappy sound, not even melodious.

“YA!” Yoonjin yelled at Songju as she turned off the three alarms then slap Taegyu’s arms. “You set it again?!”

“Why can’t I?” Taegyu argued her childishly.

“Don’t you dare you showing off your creepy singing skill! And why did you always set it up at 2 am?”

“Because I was born at 2 am!”

“But I wasn’t!”

It would be like that a year ago or years before. But today, instead of her, Taegyu turn off the alarm by himself. There was a gloomy aura between them.

Yes, today is Yoonjin and Taegyu birthday; they shared the same birthday and year. It always be the three of them celebrated together as best-friends-forever, once in a blue moon they ever declared it. But today seemed to be the day everything’s changed.

Taegyu gestured Yoonjin to show that Songju had passed out. Yoonjin weakly moved closer to them with teary eyes. She embraced Taegyu and the passed out Songju.

“Happy birthday, Gyu!”

“Happy birthday, Jin!” Taegyu lift up Yoonjin’s face. “I wish you a happy birthday,” he repeated as he wiped her tears. “It has been a tough year for you.”

Before Yoonjin could reply, Taegyu got up as he supported Songju’s body. “I’ll take care of him. You enjoy the rest. It’s gonna be alright.”

Yoonjin nodded as she opened the door for them.

“Seem our private party is failed, kkk~” he said again, “Remind you, you owe me an explanation. Or I don’t want to talk to you ever again!”

***

Jonghyun’s POV

I blinked confusedly. Where in the hell I am? I’ve been left out like the air. Everyone talked like I wasn’t here, with their own language.

Living with the boys for half of my life, I’ve been familiar with everything happened in order. There should be a cause for something, and it’s all explained. Because Yonghwa hyung, Minhyuk, and Jungshin are all A-type, by the time I was accustomed with their steady pace.

I always thought I was the only weird because no matter what I couldn’t get rid of my bluntness and my impulsiveness. They always thought I was crazy because I couldn’t tell them the reasons.

But, what I am witnessing now?

At first, those people are silent; they seemed like judging my existence here. But later Yoonjin revealed something surprising. She knew the culprit of my photos spreading the other day, and happened to be her… ex?

I didn’t know what their status was, but then they were arguing quite hard. He shouldn’t be ungentle towards her. Even though, I didn’t know what happened between them, but at least I could read the situation.

And I could never forget when Yoonjin came to me crying, drunk, and in a mess. I still remembered the day when she attacked a couple and did crazy thing. I wasn’t blind. I was there witnessing all of those.

Was he the one who caused her down-state recently? I found the answer right away by the scene in front of my sight.  I couldn’t stand it when that guy kept attacking her with threatens.

Actually, I didn’t really care about the photo that has spread. But I knew it would be bad when a girl include, bad for me, bad for that girl, especially when it’s Yoonjin. That guy really knew what he is attacking. But I can’t help but threaten him back.

I lost my cool, no, I never be cool when I faced case like this. No one in the world has to be a loser by threatening a girl.

But then, Yoonjin hugged him. I didn’t know how the world in front of me rotates. Wasn’t he hurt by his threaten words, by his judging words?

Yes, she was. That’s why later I knew that she had gained her strength back. She knocked him out and I finished him with my sarcastic style.

But then, it was a different world again, when the other guy was laughing out loud upon the scene. I didn’t get it. He should be the one who separated us from fighting, but instead he just kept eating and laughed afterwards. At least, if he was a friend, like Yoonjin said, he had to attacked me too, right?

And the most absurd scene was the happy birthday song. Today’s Yoonjin’s birthday?

I’ve been completely left out when the birthday alarmed rang. I saw Yoonjin’s crying and hug them and wish one of the guy a happy birthday too.

At first, I didn’t know how their relation worked. But when the guys away, later I recognized, this is how term of friendship by Yoonjin works.

And also I realized a whole new world words from a girl named Yoonjin. She and the world I could never enter. The world consist of she and her boy-friends....