The Men

An Open Relationship

"I like her," Jonghyun boldly said. "I'm going to tell her."

There was an awkward pause for a moment. Songju blinked his eyes in amazed. And then, a blood rushed to his face, formed a-ready-to-explode-magma face. 

Jonghyun challenged a stare to him.

Another pause.

Sighing heavily, Songju decided throwing his body to the low wall behind him, and then sat desperately on it. Jonghyun did the same movement, both his palm was on the face. It was the crazy day, both of them thinked.

They'd be like that for a quite some times when the autumn breeze blew in between them, exaggerating the cold atmosphere than it already was.

Songju had punched Jonghyun in the face if he didn't think twice, considering it'd be a childish act. He took a glance. Beside him, there came a new rival. A--very--strong rival.

Songju tilted his head, looked up a certain room he had always remembered. "I'm sure she hasn't come back yet," he mumbled his guessing.

Hearing that, Jonghyun turned his head. Songju seemed surprised for letting the words came out of his own mouth. They exchanged an awkward glance, then looked away.

Thanks for informing, Jonghyun said in the head.

Ten minutes had passed. It had been about fourty-five minutes since she got off from his car, Jonghyun calculated. She should had been home.

What happened?

Jonghyun gulped that question down when he turned his head back from Songju. It was not like he'd answer anyway. What really mattered for Jonghyun, she came back safely... and maybe telling her that he likes her?

Glancing at his watch, Jonghyun became anxious. Telling her what? He must be really out of his mind!

Blame his impulsiveness, he didn't even know what he was doing. Waiting for a girl? Correction, waiting for a girl who has someone waiting for her. Her ex, Jonghyun hoped it was.

They didn't have something like go-back-together right?

No! Jonghyun shook his head in refusal. But then again, he questioned himself, why are you making an effort for a girl who is still in someone's reach? 

You didn't even know what happened between them, Jonghyun.

What if they actually still needed each other?

What if they actually still be a perfect companion to each other?

Waht if they actually never break up?

And... why did you want to tell her that you like her?

Do I like her? Jonghyun repeated the question in his head. He always did what he want to do. No need any explanation to do so. He just simply wanted it. So, why did you bother asking those questions, Mr. Lee?

"Jiniya!" A voice calling a familiar name knocked on Jonghyun's consciousness. He jumped off from the place he sat in reflect.

Then, Jonghyun stunned when he saw that man grabbed her wrist and she looked at that man with an expression Jonghyun couldn't read.

"We need to talk," the second voice made him frozen on the spot.

Yoonjin stole the glance at the man bahind Songju before she fixed her gaze on that man. "Jonghyun?"

She shrugged Songju's grab on her wrist and run a little toward Jonghyun. "What brings you here?" she looked up at the sky. ".....in the middle of the night?"

Jonghyun suddenly lose his ability to talk. Gazing at her for a while before he blinked, like it was the only ability he had.

"Jin--! Songju?"

Another voice was calling, took the attention of Jonghyun and Yoonjin, enough for them to break the gaze the exchange. Yoonjin turned her body around.

"I don't expect a guest," that man looked at Jonghyun who was standing behind Yoonjin, "...ah two guests," he corrected when he looked back at Songju.

"So she was with you?" Songju asked that man. "Why didn't you tell me, I rang you like hundred times."

"Taegyu-ya, I don't feel like drinking anymore. Get those cans with that besfriend of yours," Yoonjin spoke up pointed lazyly at Songju. Then she turned around back at Jonghyun, "And what do you want here?"

"Wait!" the Taegyu guy shouted. "You have to be kidding me! You have to be responsible, Jini. You litterally dragged me out to get drinks and now what?"

"Let's drink together! The four of us!"

Three pair of eyes looked at the voice source, the grinning Lee Jonghyun.

***


Kick me on the !  Very fcking short update? I know, don't tell me the obvious. I love you all! Leave comment if you hate me~