Another New Day

An Open Relationship

Jonghyun's POV

27 August 2020I glanced at calendar on my phone's screen. It was just another morning, another new day. I glanced to my messy room, paper and dirty clothes were everywhere. Well, I thought I need to call a maid to tidy up this room. I needed a proper room to work.

Tomorrow Seunghyun and Juniel would launch their duet singles and promote in Music Bank. It means that CNBLUE comeback was in fourteen days from now on. Well, I thought I should sleep over in my room in FNC. Finally, my busy days would comeback soon.

What willd I do when I wake up in the morning? Showering. What I hate the most? Showering in the morning. Oh well, I just needed to make it quick before I went to office today. I prepared my music sheets on the table and put it in my backpack before I entered the bathroom.

I checked my closet to find something to wear, but I couldn't find anything. I even ran out the outfit, sigh. Well, I just didn't use to this kind of thing. Not having Minhyuk and Jungshin in this house, this house was a mess. Being single is  pathetic. OTL

I opened Jungshin's room, hoping that I could find an outfit I could borrow. I couldn't borrow Yonghwa's clothes because I knew he had the same condition as mine. Minhyuk's clothes were impossible because he would nag all the year when he found out his clothes was borrowed.  Yeah, Jungshin and Minhyuk's room was still in this house although the owner was not. Yonghwa hyung and I kept those rooms just like it used to be because sometimes they needed a place to runaway from their wife. Hahaha...

"Ya! What are you doing in my room, Jjong?"

A voice suddenly stopped my activity in Jungshin's closet. That tall guy suddenly popped up in his own room. What did he say, "Jjong"? I growled and instantly attacked him with a high kick. Jungshin caught out a guard and knocked down in front of his room's door.

"Yongyongie hyung~!" He cried calling Yonghwa hyung. What is he? A baby? He's a married man for God's sake!

I helped him stood up and pushed him out of the room. "What are you doing here?"

"I miss you," he answered playfully. I whacked him due to my disgust of his act.

"What? Did Namhee kick you out? Hahaha..."

"NO WAY!" he shouted.

"Mwoya? Mwoya? You kids, can't you not shouting to each other?" Suddenly Yonghwa hyung popped out from his room with his messy look. Shrugging my shoulder, I ignored them who are staring each other with a confused face. Then I grabbed my towel as I entered my bathroom. Before the bathroom's door perfectly closed I heard another shouting voice from outside my room.

"Hyung~!" From my room I could hear Minhyuk's voice cracked the silent between Yonghwa hyung and Jungshin.

What day is it? Why do those magnaes come here in early morning? Usually we meet in parking lot. And what smell is this? It smells very good. I miss this smell very much. Ahhh~ I know what it is!

I threw my towel to somewhere, planned to postponed my shower. In hurry, I opened my room's door and found out my favorite food was there, steaming in a big portion bowl on Minhyuk's hand.

"Dweji Gukbab!!!!" I screamed the name out loud.

"YAAAAA!!!!" And everyone was shouting at me.

Now, we're thirties, but when we're together we're still teenager, like the old us who is spending our teenage life in Hongdae or our old self who lived in a small room in Japan.

****

It was 1 pm when CNBLUE members and I were taking a break. We needed to discuss this and that with Seongho hyung and other staffs. Well, it hadn't finished yet, but we needed to take a rest first. The weather was hot so did our brain, they needed to be cooler.

Jungshin decided to go to his wife pet-shop which was in the end of Cheongdam street. Meanwhile, Minhyuk went to his wife flower shop next to Namhee's pet shop.  That was good because their wife "office" was in the same complex with our headquarter.  Yonghwa hyung actually wanted to meet Seohyun in the building next to our company but it seemed impossible since she was very busy. So, I suggested him to have some ice creams with the kids. So, Yonghwa joined Jungshin to get Kyungi, Minhwan's daughter, and I went with Minhyuk to get his son.

"Jagiya~!" Minhyuk called Haenim when we arrived at her shop.

I looked around the shop. Fresh flowers were always here everyday. I love flowers better than pets in the next door shop. Pets were noisy although they were cute. That lovely dongsaeng of mine of course loves the lovely girl who owned this pretty flower shop. Not to mention he couldn't move on since they broke up in high school. Well, now they built their little family, happily.

"Oppa, do you wanna have lunch with us?" Haenim's voice broke my thought.

"NO!" Minhyuk answered for me. "He ate dweji gukbab that you made this morning by himself. I don't want to share food with him again."

And I let a loud laugh to hear Minhyuk's nagging. "Yeah, thanks for the food, kindhearted Mrs. Kang. By the way, where's Minwoo?"

"Ah, yeah. Where's my son?" Minhyuk looked around the shop and couldn't find his son everywhere. "Hyung, he's my son. Why you always kidnap him. We'll have lunch together, right, Jagi?"

"Minwoo already has his lunch," Haenim answered not sync with his husband hope.

"I wanna take him out with Yonghwa hyung and Kyungi. Can I?"

"Of course, he's in Kyungi place now."

So there he was. Ignoring Minhyuk's protest, I went to the next door shop. That shop was full of pets and their owners and it get me a bit dizzy. I went to office room to find Yonghwa hyung, Kyungi, and Minwoo. I needed a soundproof room, so I couldn't hear those animals' voices.

I half run to that room and in a hurry sit on the couch without look around the room. Closing my eyes, I stabilized my breath.

"What? Do you runaway from those animals again?" I heard Yonghwa hyung's voice asked me. I didn't even bother to answered him. Lazily I lifted my feet and put it on the other side of the couch.

"YA!" I heard a shout, a familiar shout, when I felt my feet was thrown away. Opening my eyes, I found her there, sitting on the other side of the couch.

"Appa! You kicked eomma!" And I got a slap on my arm from Minwoo. I corrected my sitting position and sent an annoying glare to Yonghwa hyung who was laughing out loud to see the scene. It must be very funny.

"You're very cool, Yoonjin-ssi! Di you ward Jonghyun hyung's kick? I'm forever knocked down by his kick, y'know," Jungshin said in amaze.

I looked at her face with my tauting eyebrows. My very first question: "Why are you here?"

"She returns my clothes back," Namhee was the one who answered. She put a glass of orange juice on the table. It's for me.

"Not happy? I don't have any intention to meet you though," she added, as cool as usual.

"Jjong appa, Yong appa said that you want take me and Minwoo to have some ice creams?" Kyungi asked me with her puppy eyes. 

I patted her little head with a warm smile lingered on my face. "That's right, pretty! Wanna go now?"

"Let's go with Yoonjin eomma too!" and this little devil from Kang family wooed me.

"Go! Go! Go! Just do like they want, oppa. I don't wanna hear anyone cries in my office," Namee backed for the kids. "You're free, right, Yoonjin-ah?"

And I saw she nodded weakly for the answer. What? She could refuse if she didn't want to join us.

 

Yoonjin's POV

"Who want a piggy back ride?" I saw Lee Jong squat and tapped his own back to tease the kids. Kyungi was the first who run and jumped to his back.

"Me first, yeay!" That little girl cheerfully shout when he finally lift her body. I saw Minwoo acted cool, not being jealous because he couldn't have his favorite appa's back.

"Kajja!" that little boy commanded like a captain. "A boy can walk by his own feet."

"Are you sure, cowboy?" Yonghwa got up from his seat and teased Minwoo. "Here, appa's back is free."

Without a compromise, he then jumped to Yonghwa's back, betrayed his own saying. I shook my head in amaze of his cuteness. "Eonnie, we'll get going," I got up followed them after bid a goodbye to Namhee eonni and Sekyung eonni.

"Aigooo~ uri adeul... You eat well, huh? Appa hardly lift you," Yonghwa was crying in a fake pain, bending his back a little like a hunchback harabeoji.

"Appaaa~" and that little boy did his aegyo to protest Yonghwa's act.

Lee Jong with Kyungi, Yonghwa with Minwoo, and I walked thru the Cheongdam street under the strong sun light. I didn't hang out much in this street even though my office was in Gangnam district. I didn't bother to go to Mango Six even though they served a good beverages. For me, Taegyu's Coffee Shop was the best, because there I could get drink and friend(s). Oh well, maybe I often in Cheongdam since CNBLUE's apartment complex was here as well. I almost forgot about that.

Today I didn't have work, didn't have any class, so I decided to went to Namhee eonnie's pet shop. She gave her business card when I was in her house that day. I had to return her clothes though and I should thanks her very much. So, I was there even I didn't expect that later Yonghwa and Jungshin would come to that shop. And also that Lee Jong.

Well, I didn't have any intention to meet Lee Jong again. It was not that he was annoying or anything, but yeah I thought I should made a distance from  him from now on. We were barely friends. If those debts of each other had been paid, we wouldn't have any business to do together. I almost got my full job and I heard he would come back soon. It just didn't feel right when we came across each other again if we were barely friends. Plus, what Songju said that day was still lingering in my mind.

Even though Songju said that he wouldn't do anything about it, I still felt insecure. I didn't know why. It wasn't like he threatened me, but who knows? I pretended not to know anything about what he said. I acted like I was deaf and dumb. But, no! I was wondering how could he knew that I was with Lee Jong. And when? Was it that day when I took a lame revenge on him or before? Or he was just playing game?

All he knew about me and Lee Jong was that I helped him in France. I told him that the guitarist of CNBLUE was collapsed when I worked for them. I told him and it was three years ago. When Songju and I were still best friends, not a couple, nor enemy. So, how came he knew about us being "accidentally close"?

"Eomma!"

I felt a little hand grab my fingers, distracted my thought.

"Lift me up!" I hadn't back to my consciousness when Minwoo was jumping, begging to be lifted up by me. I looked around and I couldn't find Yonghwa  anywhere.

"Seohyun called him," I heard Lee Jong said, gave my confused look an answer. "He went to meet her."

Oh my God! Did my mind went to far until I  didn't realize that Yonghwa already left? No! It means that it was just me and him? Oh well, Minwoo and Kyungi couldn't be counted. Yonghwa was the reason why I wanted to join them, because I didn't want to feel awkward when I was with Lee Jong.Oh hey, this awkwardness came because that insident in CNBLUE's dorm and Lee Jungshin's house.

"A boy should walk with his own feet, Minwoo-ya," I saw him patted Minwoo's head. "Look! The shop is over there! Wanna have a race with appa and Kyungi?"

"Roger!"

And they run... Quickly for Minwoo's short leg, and slowly for Lee Jong's long leg. Kyungi was happily laughing while humping on Lee Jong's back. I chuckled, they were too cute. Lee Jong seemed like he was their own father. So, it was true when I read a news about him loving kids? >,<

****

"Eomma, I wanna pee," Kyungi said as she grabbed my dress.

We spent a half an hour to eat our ice creams and I was being happy to be with those kids. It was a fault when I said that they couldn't be counted. In fact, they could did it better than Yonghwa. Because of them, I didn't feel awkward toward Lee Jong. We spent this thirty minutes smoothly—fed up the kids and joking around. It was fun! I thought I got my another new day. New happy day. :D

"Jaaa," I lifted Kyungi to washbowl when she finished, "After piddled we need to..."

"Wash our hands," she continued my words. "Don't forget using soap."

I smiled as I patted her head. "That's right, clever girl. Finish?"

"Finish!"

"Then?" 

"Make them dry!" she shouted cutely as he reached the dryer.

I was too happy to watch this little girl act when the toilet's door opened. Not having a clue who was coming, I helped Kyungi dried her hands, then an annoying voice could be heard as Kyungi said happily, "Finish, eomma!"

"Oh—wow! Han Yoonjin-ssi!"

I glanced to the source of that shrill voice. And it (un)surprisingly was her. Again.

Looking away from her annoying appearance, I lifted Kyungi down. I didn't want to make a chaos with her, at least not with this little girl with me.

"I'm surprised. So, you have a kid already? Don't tell me that it's oppa's child?" She was the one who said and she was also who shocked by herself. I ignored herand leaded Kyungi to went out that room.

"YA!!!" and she shouted at me. Please, what the hell you want from me? Be forced, I tried to look at her eyes.

"Oh , so this is the reason why Songju oppa won't meet me in these two days? Because of this kid?" She pointed her fingers in front of my face.

"What you expect me to answer?" I said calmly. I felt the little hands that I grabbed was trembling. Oh , this witch was starting to make Kyungi scare.

"Mworago?!"

Without expecting anything, I saw her eyes was fired up, just like two days ago when she suddenly popped up in front of me. In a second I found she sprayed water from the tap to me, swiftly. I was surprised—very very surprised. My upper body was as wet as the floor which was getting flooding, without I could have the chance to attack back. And there, behind me, Kyungi was crying histerically.

"NO! Stop it, please! You're hurting eomma!"

And she stopped it in a shock. Her face was getting pale like she was seeing a ghost. I thought she was scared to Kyungi's cry. So she left, trembling without a word—just like that. She was insane, she was very crazy.

"Kyungi-ah, gwaenchanha,"  I reached her shoulder to comfort her. "Sshh~ I am okay,"  My top soaked badly, I wanted to hug her, but it would make her wet as well.

"She's so mean... huuuu...." she couldn't stop. Damn! I hope that scene wouldn't linger in her mind too long. It was bad—too bad for a kid. Why that witch come here out of nowhere? And what's her problem with me again???

"I am okay, lovely," I tried to comfort her as I lifted her to washbowl again, facing her to mirror. "Look, that pretty Kyungi is ugly when she cry. This, eomma wipes the tears and Kyungi is petty again. Smile, pretty Kyungi."

Magically she stopped her cry although she couldn't smile gently. "Wait, eomma needs to dry it. It's okay, it was just water, dear." her hair softly, I faced the dryer to get my top at least wasn't too soaked. But, I found it was hard so I gave up.

"Let's go! Minwoo is waiting. Kyungi wants to have another cone of ice cream?"

I continously talked to her to make sure she could forget what was just happened. She held my fingers tightly when we went back to our seat. When we arrived to our seat she spontantly freed her clasped and run to Lee Jong's lap—hugging his shirt tightly. "Wha—what's wrong, dear?" he asked, confused.

I felt depressed to look her acted like that. Feeling guilty because I made her saw the violence. Feeling guilty because made her stood in between my very dumb problem. I couldn't get the answer why suddenly she appear in tht toilet? Getting crazy and mad like a freak witch. Oh, !

"I saw a witch... *hicup*... she's hurting eomma..." She started to sob again on Lee Jong's lap.

Depresingly, I sat on the seat beside Lee Jong and her hair. "It's okay, girl. It's okay."

"Eomma, why is she crying?" Minwoo asked with his worried face as he held my fingers. "Why is eomma's clothe getting wet?"

That was too complicated to answer his simple question. My mind was distracting. Lee Jong gave me the same question thru his eyes but before I could answer his answer with a stare I turned my body. Over there, I could see my reflection thru the shop glasses. My top was soaked and it sticked to my body tightly, showed my cleavage obviously. Oh my God! So I walked from the toilet with this worst condition?

"Wear it," I heard Lee Jong's voice from my back as I felt a cotton material wrapped my body. I didn't need to turned around to realize that Lee Jong was now shirtless since he gave his shirt to me.

And yeah, I had another new day, not the happy one, but the worst one.


A/N: Hi, long time no see! Thanks for reading this chapters anyway. Please leave some critics on comment box below. Critic juseyo~