Fallin'

An Open Relationship

Yoonjin’s POV

It took me some times to close the door after seeing Taegyu and Songju off at the door. The figure of Taegyu supported the passed out Songju had been disappeared since they entered the elevator. But I kept standing at the door.

Is it really the end with Songju “lose”?

Sigh. It’s not even battle between both of us. It’s sadden me how we argued searching for each other’s fault. He’s right, I’m at fault too.

It’s not like I didn’t know who Songju is. I knew, I knew too much about him. I shouldn’t be surprised when he cheated on me. There were times when I became blind when he cheated on his past girlfriends. Playing my role as his bestfriend, I would act like I didn’t know anything when that happened.

Together with Taegyu, the three of us always covered each other’s from trouble. Like how I would replace Taegyu to accompany her girlfriend shopping, he would like to be my personal assistant for a week. Or like how Songju would replace me and Taegyu in a class we couldn’t attend as much he always be our personal driver, Taegyu and I would be silent for his cheating.

I didn’t know what came to his sense when he asked me out. Furthermore, I accepted that request. Give it a try? I must be insane that time!

But, for over two years I knew he’s changed. I thought he wouldn’t flirt with other girl ever again. But I was wrong.

That girl… wouldn’t make trouble with me again, right?

“Are you okay?”

A pat on my shoulder woke me up from my thought. The same tone, the same voice, the same person. It has been him for months who asked me that question. Asking if I’m okay, does he really care?

“Yeah…” I answered as I closed the door.

He was there, witnessing all of those, but I denied his presence. And it was just both of us left in my flat, why didn’t he just go?

“Now that your friends are gone, I won’t let you be alone,” he said in serious tone.

I couldn’t help it but to looked at him, upon hearing those words, frowning. Does he hear what I said in my mind?

“Ja~ I’m not eavesdropping… but I heard it’s your birthday?” in a second, he changed his tone to be cheerful. “Should we make a party?”

Dwaesseo!”  I shrugged him before I slumped my body on the couch, then lied on it.

Wae? Since I’m here, at least I should be helpful, right?” he kept insisting as he knelt down in front of the couch.

“Lee Jong,” I sang his name, gesturing him to come closer. He obeyed like a little puppy, so I reached out my hand and patted his head. And he stayed still eyeing me with questions.

“If we didn’t meet… If I didn’t see you… your life must be easier, right? There won’t be stupid trouble happened.”

He shook his head disagree, then took my hand off of his head and gripped it in his palms. “Maybe?” he had that teasing face showing on me. “If we didn’t meet I would be in heaven…”

“Tch, michin!” I slapped his head.

YA! Remind you, I’m older than you!” he yelled as he pulled my cheeks, earning a growl from me, before he let them go and patted them quite hard in exchange.

I shrugged his hands on my cheeks. “Geumanhae!

“But I’m not insane yet to say that,” he recalled in a serious tone, “because after all, you’re my life saviour. If you weren’t there…”

“If I wasn’t there it would be Yonghwa oppa or your manager looking for you,” I cut him. I became uncomfortable when he recalled that incident.

“No, no one would have done that much as you did. Even up till now, I don’t know how to repay that,” I was about to cut him, but he continued, “I’m being honest. You know how much grateful I am.”

“Tch, this old man,” I sneered at him. “If you’re grateful, and because today is my birthday, why don’t you sing a song for me? There’s a guitar below my bed that my brother left months ago and I haven’t touched it.”

“Ah so you have a brother too?” he asked amusingly like a fanboy find a new fact about his idol. He got the guitar under my bed and quickly set it in good tone.

“Are you ready?”

“Tch, you don’t even in your solo concert, Sir.”

Without replied me again he started strumming the guitar in soothing melody. I found myself nodding catching the rhythm. A bright song I listened to.

♪♪♪I've just seen a face
I can't forget the time or place
Where we just meet
She's just the girl for me
And want all the world to see
We've met, mmm-mmm-mmm-m'mmm-mmm

Had it been another day
I might have looked the other way
And I'd have never been aware
But as it is I'll dream of her
Tonight, di-di-di-di'n'di

Falling, yes I am falling
And she keeps calling
Me back again

I have never known
The like of this, I've been alone
And I have missed things
And kept out of sight
But other girls were never quite
Like this, da-da-n'da-da'n'da

Falling, yes I am falling
And she keeps calling
Me back again

Falling, yes I am falling
And she keeps calling
Me back again

I've just seen a face
I can't forget the time or place
Where we just meet
She's just the girl for me
And want all the world to see
We've met, mmm-mmm-mmm-da-da-da

Falling, yes I am falling
And she keeps calling
Me back again
Falling, yes I am falling
And she keeps calling
Me back again
Oh, falling, yes I am falling
And she keeps calling
Me back again ♪♪♪

 (The Beatles – I’ve Seen A Face)

He bowed after he finished the song, indeed like how he was standing on a stage. I couldn’t help but smile widely. The song lived up my mood, it works of magic, really.

“That’s better,” he claimed.

“What?”

“Your smile.”

Geez, cheesy. I was annoyed, so I threw a cushion to him. “Don’t you dare to seduce me!”

“What if I do?” he replied with that playful expression on his face.

“I won’t fall for a man with pink !”

“Woa~ you even know my ?” he showed a fake shudder. “Byuntae!”

***