One Early Morning

An Open Relationship

August, 2020

Yoonjin’s POV

I opened my eyes slowly to regain my consciousness. My head was heavy like a tons of hammers hit it badly. When my eyes fully opened, I found my head laid on someone chest with his hand put around my shoulders. I instantly woke up because of shock. For a moment, I was puzzled seeing the person I slept with. He didn’t have any clothes on his body, he just wore a boxer. Then, I looked to myself and I sighed as I found out that I was still in my clothes.

“Ya! Lee Jonghyun!” I yelled at him as I slapped him on his arm. “Why do you always sleep shirtless, huh? Michyeosseo?”

“Argghh, so noisy...” he snarled as he covered himself with blanket. “Just keep silent! I’ve just gone sleep a minute ago,” he said under his pillow. “Don’t you know how troublesome you were? Because of you, my work only finished awhile ago.”

After I heard his saying, I calmed myself, then slowly came near him. “Did I drunk again?” I asked while grinning.

“Just leave me to sleep, eoh?”

“Ara, ara,” I left him be as I got off from the bed.

I glanced at clock on the wall—05.45 am. Where did I go last night until I ended up sleep here? Ah, surely I drunk. Did he fetch me? Of course, I wasn’t here for no reason. Water, water! My throat was dried and this head felt like a stone that tag along with me. I should got rid this hangover.

My nose smelled roasted bread as I walked to the kitchen. Ah, who is making roasted bread at this time? I was surprised as I quickly tidy up my mess hair and clothes when I saw a familiar girl was standing in the kithcen. I knew she was startled due to my arrival too.

I quickly bowed to her, “Ah, annyonghaseyo, Seohyun-ssi.”

She seemed awkward to meet me in this situation. “Ah, annyonghaseyo, Yoonjin-ssi.”

“You are here? I’m sorry, I don’t know,” I said as I smile awkwardly.

“Eung, keunyang... Yonghwa oppa and I have work to do together. I stay up here to help him write some lyrics,” she explained it also with an awkward gesture.

How couldn’t we? We never meet casually before, then we met in this kind of situation. It was early in the morning and she found me sneakily went to the kitchen from Jonghyun’s room. Whereas I found her—the yeoja idol—stayed up a whole night in Yonghwa’s room? Both of us really wasn’t in a good condition to be told as a good woman.

I only met her about two or three times and we barely talked each other. We just met for a business occasion. I worked part time as back stage crew in several music shows and concerts. Jonghyun once introduced me to her when CNBLUE and SNSD held a concert together and I was the staff from the organizer. When I met her accidentally in back stage after that meeting, we just greet each other.

Okay, I understood, she had the right to stayed up here—in CNBLUE’s dorm. She was Yonghwa’s girlfriend though, and people had already knew about it. They were even mature enough to follow Minhyuk and Jungshin’s path to build a little family, since Yonghwa’s now 32 and she’s 30. I was the only one who must be asked about my existence here.

“Wanna have some bread? I made it for morning snacks since we still have more works to do,” She offered me some piece of roasted bread on a plate.

“Gwenchana, I just come to drink some water. You can go continue your work with Yonghwa oppa,” I said as I poured some water in a glass.

“Geureom, I’ll get going,” she took leave, then entered Yonghwa’s room with a plate of roasted bread.

Sigh. How awkward! How strange! I should go too. I had a morning class at 08.00 am and I need to wash and everything in my own flat. Not in this idol dormitory with one sleeping male idol and a lovey dovey idol-couple. Luckyly, since their marriage, Minhyuk and Jungshin didn’t live here anymore. I couldn’t even imagine if they found me in this condition. I might be crazy of ashamed.

I got my bag in Jonghyun’s room and made sure nothing left. I saw Jonghyun alredy fell into a deep sleep. He must be tired to compose and arrange song a whole night and I just interupted his work last night. Ah, how can I be this troublesome for him?

“I’m going to go to college. Sorry to trouble you again,” I said goodbye to him softly as I opened the door. I just didn’t want to wake him up.

“Don’t be like that again.”

I was frozen for a while as I heard his voice. “Eung,” I answered then closed the door carefully.

***