Chapter Ten

A college cinderella

The lights went off leaving all of the students in darkness.Love story by Taylor Swift came on and people started moving around.

We were both young when I first saw you.
I close my eyes and the flashback starts:
I'm standing there on a balcony in summer air.

 

Sulli could hear people moving around her.She could not see a thing since that it was so dark so she stretched out her hand and started moving around like everyone else.She wasn't happy that strangers were going to touch her hands so she was hoping that this would be over soon.She was still thinking why she had to be involved in such a childish and immature game when suddenly she felt a warm pair of hands touched hers.

See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns.
See you make your way through the crowd
And say, "Hello,"
Little did I know...

They are so warm..and familiar..

Sulli was sure that she had felt those hand before.They were so warm and friendly that it was quite hard to forget them.But,she could not remember for the life of her whose hands they belong to.

That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles,
And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet"
And I was crying on the staircase
Begging you, "Please don't go"
And I said...

Although she wished that she could hold onto them forever,she still wasn't sure who it was and for all she knows,he may have a girlfriend already.She started to wriggle out of his grasp when that person spoke.

"Don't...Don't let go of me."

His voice was firm but warm.Sulli was sure that she had heard that voice before..It sounded so familiar..Then suddenly it dawned on her..

Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.
I'll be waiting; all that's left to do is run.
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess,
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes".

Luhan..It's Luhan..

Just then the lights came back on.

Sulli dared not lift her head and started to released her hands from Luhan's strong hold but it only resulted in Luhan tightening his hold on her.

"Please..let go of me.."Sulli said,her head still looking down.

"Why are you so anxious in getting away from me?Who are you?Can you please let me see your face?"Luhan said,still not knowing who she was.

"I..I have to go.."Sulli finally released her hands from his grip and was starting to leave when Luhan grabbed her wrist.

"Wait..Tell me who you are..Do i know you?"Luhan asked her.

They were making quite a commotion.People started whispering and some even started cheering for them,thinking that this was all a part of a show.

"Come on..Let's get out of here."

Having said that,Luhan,still holding her wrist,led her out of the stuffy room and out into the school gardens.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSTi7JnWcyJPo3Fe6u9hJ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnH4nNlkC1vLwxjAhI3v_

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUuMsJ0eTsntpJB9ePk3n

The school gardens were beautiful,like a place out of a fairytale.The trees had shimmering white lights and lanterns hanging on the branches.The willow trees on each side of the small river was hunged with tiny white lights,giving it a magical look.The grass was freshly mown and the bushes carefully trimmed.There was even a small tent with fading orange light casting on it.It was the perfect place for couples.

"C-can you let go of me now?"Sulli asked,swinging her hand a little to let Luhan know that he was still holding her hand.

"Oh sorry bout that..But if I let go,you have to promise that you wouldn't run away."Luhan said.

After Sulli nodded her head,Luhan released her hand.

"So..do I know you?You seemed kind of familiar..'Luhan said,looking at the girl beside him as they walked.

"No..How could you possibly know me?We..we just met.I don't even know what you look like.."Sulli answered,lying because she didn't want Luhan to know that it was her.

"Ok.Then let's take our masks off."Luhan said,starting to lift his mask up.

"No!Let's just..keep our masks on..Let's get to know each other first before showing our faces.."Sulli said,her hand stopping Luhan from removing his mask.

"ok.."Luhan said,thinking that this girl really was different but he likes her.

"So..do you go to school here?What year are you?"Luhan asked.

"Yeah..I go to school here.This is my senior year.After graduating.I'm hoping to get into La Amore Academy in Paris.I want to be a designer."

"So..you like fashion?"

"Yup..When I am designing,I am able to take a break from the real world.I pour all of my feelings into my designs and I feel really happy."

"Don't you feel happy?"

Luhan's question made Sulli stop for a second.

"Hey..Are you alright?"Luhan asked,nervously.

"Yeah..I'm fine.It's just that when you ask me whether i am happy..It made me stop for a while and think whether I am happy.It's just..my life has been so..tiring.I lost my family,I lost my home,..i also lost the one i loved."Sulli said,her tears rolling in her eyes.

She can't believe that she actually said that in front of Luhan..But she figured that since they won't ever meet again after this and that Luhan doesn't know who she was,it was fine.This was probably the only chance to let him  know her feelings for him.

"The one you loved?"

"He was the only one that ever made me feel special..He was so warm,like a ray of sunshine.His smile,it could light up the whole room.And..his eyes..they were so warm.And when he held me,I felt that nothing in the world could harm me..I felt so protected in his arms.."Sulli said,remebering the way his arms were around her when he caught her from falling.

"And..what happened?"

"And..I..pushed him away."Sulli said,her tears falling like a string of broken pearls.

Her heart was aching.It was so painful..

 

 

Hey guys:)i know it has been a seriously long time since i'd updated but thanks for sticking around:)promise to update soon.Don't be shy to comment:)subscribe:)