Chapter Nine

A college cinderella

At the ball

"Vic!!I can't do this."

Sulli was on top of the stairs that was leading down to the ball.Victoria,who was walking in front of her,Stopped and turned back.She held Sulli's shoulders and looked into her eyes.

"Sulli..Don't be afraid.We are going to be right by your side,alright?Remember,this is your night."

Sulli nodded.

"Now I'll go down first ok?I can see Nickhun oppa waiting for me.Key is just parking the car.He will be here before you know it.Let him accompany you if you really are unsure."

"No..I think..I'll be ok."

"You sure?"Victoria asked,with a hint of concern.

"Yeah..It's time i let go of my fears."Sulli said,putting a smile on her face.Inside though,she was trembling.

Victoria nodded and went to Nickhun.Sulli looked at the two of them,embracing each other,their eyes full of love and warmth.How she wished that she could have that chance.How does it feel to be able to be with the one you love?To be able to share each other's ups and downs?And..will she be able to find someone who will love her as much as she loves him?

Sulli shook her head and took a deep breath.She put on her mask and started descending the stairs.She walked naturally but gracefully.Suddenly,the spotlight shone on her.Sulli was stunned momentarily but taking a deep breath,she continued walking.All eyes were on her,for she was just so beautiful.Krystal who was already on the dance floor,looked at her with envy.

"Krys?Hello,earth to Krystal."

"What?!"Krystal snapped at her friend,Jessica.

"Sorry,it's just that you didn't answer me when I told you that I may have spotted Luhan."

"Luhan?"Krystal's ears perked up at hearing Luhan's name."He's here?Did you see him?Are you sure that it's him?"

"Well...Not really,but looking from the back,it looks like him."

Krystal rolled her eyes.Ugh!That's what i get for being friends with a girl who has like,zero talent,whatsoever.


"Luhan?"

Luhan,who heard his name,turned around and saw Sehun waving at him crazily.His face broke into a grin and the two friends knocked fists and did their little boys' secret handshake.Yup,they were still little boys at heart.

"Hey!How can you still recognise me when I am wearing this mask?"Luhan asked.

"Dude,we've been friends for how long?Ten years?You think I wouldn't recognise you just beacause you have that mask on?"Sehun said,punching Luhan's arm lightly.

"I'm just kidding.So.how's life?Any new girls you are dating that i should know about?"Luhan said,teasingly.

"Come on dude,You and me both know that what you really want to know is how your girl has been doing."Sehun said,his words making Luhan's smile froze in place.

"That's not true..I've..I've forgotten about her..I am totally over her-"

"Hey Sulli!!"Sehun shouted,making Luhan turn around eagerly.But he could not see anyone that looked like Sulli.

"Dude!I gotcha!"Sehun said,earning a galre from Luhan."I knew you weren't over her."

Luhan didn't answer.He thought that he was over her,after all he had been gone for so long,he should be over her by now right?

"Dude,you alright?"Sehun asked,seeing that Luhan was silent.

"Wha..What?Oh yeah I'm fine.Hey,who wa sthat girl just now?"

"You mean the goddess-like girl?THe girl who was like an angel descending from heaven?The girl who has everyone's eyes on her?The girl you were staring at just now?"Sehun said,smirking at Luhan.

"Yes,of course I meant that girl,who else.And by the way if i am not wrong,you even had some saliva oozing from your lips when you were staring at her just now too."Luhan said,this time with a triumphant smile on his lips as Sehun quickly wiped his mouth in case there really was saliva.

"I don't know who she is.She had a mask on,for goodness sake.How am I supposed to recognise anyone here?Everyone is wearing a mask."Sehun said,grumbling because Luhan had tricked him.

"She looks..familiar.I don't know why but she gives me a feeling that I have seen her somewhere before.."Luhan said softly.Sehun barely caught his words.

"Dude..how can you possibly know her?For what you know,she may have just transferred to our school."

Luhan sighed."I guess you're right.Besides,it doesn't matter who she is.."My heart can only have Sulli.He added silently.

"Come on dude,you've just got back it's time to have some fun."Sehun said,handing Luhan a drink.(It's not alcohol.:) )

Luhan nodded in response and took the drink from Sehun's hands.


"Alright ladies and gentlemen aka students of Xi Academy for Arts!Now is the time for a special game.I am sure all of you have brought your own partners but now let's test whether you guys are made for each other.Later the lights will be switched off and you will have to find each other in the dark but you are not allowed to make any sound.You will find each other by feeling as in using your hands.When the lights are back on,if the one whose hands you are holding is the same person who came with you,then you guys really are meant to be together.For those who came alone,do not worry.Who knows,you may find your other half in this ball.Alright,is everyone clear?If you are,then LIGHTS OFF!"