Help From a Friend

If I Love You

 

JONGIN
 
 
So, Kyungsoo's house IS only three blocks away from the park, BUT, I found out that a lot of things can happen to a person in just three blocks. A lot. As in getting splashed by a LARGE truck driving through a puddle near by. Or getting one hundred, LITERALLY, one hundred texts from your boyfriend, whom you currently DO NOT WANT TO TALK TO. Or your foot getting stuck in a grate that just happened to be on the sidewalk, so then, you yank out your foot, only to hurt your ankle, and loose your shoe. Technically, that was just the first block, but I don't feel like going over the rest of the terrible events so in short: lost a shoe, twisted an ankle, cried, got stung by a bee, got what will probably be a black eye, and cried about nine more times. Best stroll ever!!! 
When I showed up at Kyungsoo Hyung's house, I was wet, and it was eight pm. At least I'm here, I thought to myself. I knocked on the door, and no one answered. I rang the doorbell and no one answered. I realized that- maybe Kyungsoo wasn't home. I turned around to leave, and find a nice park bench to sleep on, and bumped right into none other than Do Kyungsoo, who then dropped his groceries at the sight of me. 
 
"Jongin!" He squeaked, his voice a pitch higher than normal, "I didn't...ummm"
 
"Know I was coming?"I finished for him.
 
"Yeah," there was an uncomfortable silence, "what are you doing here?" His eyes widened as he looked me over. "What happened to you? You look awful! Come in, come in, let's get you cleaned up!"
 
"Listen, Hyung, Sehun and I... Got into a fight...and...I can't stay there right now...could I maybe-"
 
"Of course you can stay here! What are best friends for? You can stay here as long as you need, Jonginnie!" He exclaimed happily.
 
"Great," I sighed with relief," thank you so much, Hyung. You are a life saver". He unlocked the door and I plopped down on his couch. He shooed me off because I was wet, and set a towel on the couch for me to sit on.
 
"No problem, Jongin-ah. If you don't mind my asking..." He turned to me, his big, brown eyes wider than usual. Cute...but kinda creepy, "what happened that was so bad?" He sat next to me, and I spilled my guts out, I told him what happened and how mad I was, and how I left.
 
"Umm..." He pursed his lips, "don't you think, maybe you-"
 
"Overreacted?" I interrupted him, "maybe. But I didn't realize that until I was already gone". 
 
"Oh, Jongin-ah. I'm so sorry..." He laid a hand on my back comfortingly. His face wrinkled up when he felt how wet I was.
 
"Hahahaha!" I laughed at his reaction to my wetness. 
 
"Shoo, shoo, shoo! Off my couch! Go take a shower, Jonginnie! Seriously!"
 
"Oh my gosh, Hyung, you are such a NOONA!" I . 
 
Kyungsoo was a huge clean freak. I trudged to the bathroom and stripped off my clothes. I turned the water on as hot as it would go, maybe it would burn away thoughts of my bad day.
 
I jumped in the shower and shut the curtain. The steam rose up around me, and Kyungsoo's shampoo smelled like...well, it smelled like Kyungsoo, who smelled like cinnamon. 
 
I stepped out of the shower and looked around for a towel, just as I realized there wasn't one, Kyungsoo opened the door with his eyes closed. 
 
"Jongin! I have a towel for you!" He yelled.
 
"Hahaha. Oh Hyung, you're being silly. It's not like you haven't seen it before. Just imagine the glorious image of a Kim Jongin," I teased.
 
I was referring to the many times we changed in front of each other as toddlers and elementary schoolers. He smiled at the memories. I had known Kyungsoo basically since I was born. 
 
"Oh....Jongin, that's not funny," he scrunched his nose, most likely trying to imagine it, "hahaha. Okay, maybe a little funny," he chuckled. His big eyes still shut.
 
 I took the towel from his outstretched hand and wrapped it around my waist. 
 
"You can open your eyes now", I told him as I pushed past him into the kitchen. Kyungsoo was always a good cook, and I could smell his kimchi spaghetti cooking now. I sniffed the air and heard him laughing at me. 
 
"What? It smells good!" I defended.
 
"Jongin, kimchi spaghetti was always your favorite," he smiled at me, the skin around his eyes crinkling. 
 
Wow. Have his eyes always been so deep? They held a sadness somehow, I couldn't determine where it came from.