A Little Help

If I Love You

 

LUHAN
 
 
I hugged Sehun tight. I had wanted this for so long, ever since I set eyes on him. I never dreamed he would feel the same way. Wait until I tell everyone! I thought to myself. Oh my gosh!  Luhan! Not the time for thinking of rubbing your victory in Wu Fan's face! Not the time... And kissing him. Wow. It was just...natural, I guess is how I would describe it.
 
I snapped back into reality when the phone rang. I didn't want the moment to end, but it would have to some time. I pulled back. 
 
"Answer it, it could be important," thank god we did answer it. It was someone named Joonmyun, I had never met him, but apparently he and Sehun were close. I vaguely remembered the name from when Sehun and I had bubble tea.
 
"Hey! Joonmyun, what's up?" Sehun asked. His face fell. 
"Oh . What- I mean is Jongin okay?" He asked. my blood boiled, but i said nothing. it made sense he was worried about his friend. 
"We're on our way," he paused, Joonmyun and asked him something. 
"Yeah, yeah Luhan is with me. Look just- we'll be there soon, bye." He hung up the phone and told me to hurry up we had to get to the North Point Hospital fast. 
 
"What? What happened?"
 
"I'll tell you in the car, we have to go, Luhan. I'm sorry, but- I'll tell you in the car. Let's go let's go". He seemed really upset. Which made sense I mean he had a friend in the hospital. Is it Jongin? I wondered. No. He would have been...he would have reacted differently, like it was his fault somehow...no it wasn't Jongin. So who was it? All of these questions raced through my mind as we ran out to the car. 
 
When we were on our way, and Sehun seemed a little bit calmer, though he was still gripping the steering wheel a bit too tightly, I turned to him.
 
"Sehun-ah, what's going on? Who's in the hospital?"
 
"A friend. Kyungsoo Hyung. I told you about him, right?"
 
"Yeah..the one that likes to cook...right?"
 
"Yes. Yes, that's him. He was in an accident. Somebody hit him with their car. Hit and run. Joonmyun said he was pretty beat up". Sehun was quiet for a while after that. I let him absorb everything that had just happened. By the time we got to the hospital, it was late, almost 10:30. Sehun didn't even close his car door, he just ran into the hospital. I closed his door and started after him. 
 
I felt like an intruder, at some point I told Sehun that I was going to wait in the car, but he grabbed my hand. He pleaded silently for me to stay, so I obeyed. He needed someone right now, and his friends were so upset... He needed someone that wasn't crying. So I stayed. When Jongin saw me he nodded in acknowledgement but nothing more than that. He wasn't angry, and the way he was clutching the hand of the boy in the bed told me that something was going on with them. 
 
The said Kyungsoo did look pretty bad. There were tons of machines around him, and tubes protruded from his arms and hands. Jongin kept looking from Kyungsoo to the heart monitor, I could tell that the the steady beeping of that machine was really the only thing keeping Jongin together. 
 
Sehun had been talking to Joonmyun and nodding slowly, periodically checking on Jongin. Maybe I should have been bitter about that, but I wasn't. He and Jongin were still friends, and I was okay with that. I chewed the inside of my cheek, feeling out of place without Sehun by my side. I was bouncing up and down on my heels when I felt a tap on my right shoulder. I turned and there was a small statured boy and a very, very tall boy, holding hands. Both had red eyes, they'd obviously been crying. The shorter boy wiped his wet eyes on his sleeve and stuck out his hand. 
 
"I'm," *sniff*, "Baekhyun. What's your name?" He asked me. I pursed my lips.
 
"Luhan... So you're Chanyeol then?" I looked at the other boy...man. He nodded. "Sehun told me about all of you. I'm- I'm really sorry about Kyungsoo". They both nodded sadly.
 
"Thanks," Chanyeol said. This was becoming increasingly more awkward by the minute.
 
"Is he..um..."
 
"We don't know if he'll be okay. The doctors say he's fine for now, but anything could happen," Chanyeol explained. He seemed to be the main voice for the pair of them. Baekhyun squeezed his eyes shut and gripped Chanyeol's jacket with one hand. I felt an arm around my shoulder- Sehun, thank god.
 
"So you guys met?" His voice sounded wobbly. I reached up and held the hand of the arm over my shoulder, I squeezed his hand reassuringly.
 
"Yeah," Chanyeol and I said in unison. He smiled an easy smile at me. Suddenly we heard a voice singing. I didn't recognize it, but I wouldn't have, I didn't know anyone here; but Sehun certainly recognized it. He unwound himself from me without ever letting go of my hand, and tugged me toward the door of Kyungsoo's room. Kim Jongin sat on the floor, still holding Do Kyungsoo's hand, singing.
 
 
[ Haruga machi ilbunchorom neukkyojige mandeulji
Nomanisseumyon yonghwasoge juingong
 Nol borodallyoganeun eksyonsinirado jjigeulgot chorom
Nan machi yongungi dwen gotchorom
 
Non nege wanbyok
 Sangsanghebwasso
Hamkkeramyon ottolkka Yeah
Nan noman gwenchantago malhejumyon modu wanbyokhe
Oh baby
 
I lost my mind
Noreul choeummannasseultte
No hanappego modeungoseun Get in slow motion
 Nege marhejwo ige sarangiramyon
Meil geudewa
Sumaneun gamjong deureul lanwojugo bewogamyo
Ssaugo ulgo anajugo
Nege marhejwo ige sarangiramyon
 
Sesangnamjadeul modu nalburowohe
Noreul gajin nega jiltuna jukgennabwa
 
Hega gado dari gado jolde anbyonhae~Woah
Nan bogiboda ujikhage mideullamjaraneungol
Non algedweltenikka Woah~ I~don’t know why
Joldejogin igamjong nega senggakjocha hesseulkka
Ne gyote isseultte nan jomjom dedanhan namjaga dwedo
Bitnaneun gol
 
I lost my mind
Noreul choeummannasseultte
No hanappego modeun goseun Get in slow motion
 Nege marhejwo ige sarangiramyon
Meil geudewa
Sumaneun gamjongdeureul lanwojugo bewogamyo
Ssaugo ulgo anajugo
 Nege marhejwo ige sarangiramyon
 
 Ganjorhi barago barandamyon
Irwojilkka
Donghwayegichorom
Yongwonhan dulmane Happy ending happily ever after Woah~
 Namaneun nol midojugo jikyojugo dallejulkke
Nipyoni dwelkke
Nigyoteso jolde anttona~
 
I lost my mind
Noreul choeummannasseultte
No hanappego modeun goseun Get in slow motion
 Nege marhejwo ige sarangiramyon
Meil geudewa
Sumaneun gamjongdeureul lanwojugo bewogamyo
Ssaugo ulgo anajugo
 Nege marhejwo ige sarangiramyon
 
Sesangnamjadeul modu nalburowohe
Noreul gajin nega jiltuna jukgennabwa
 My babe, baby babe, baby baby
Nolaraboneungol
Ige sarangingolga
Aichorom nol jaju utgemandeulgo
Chingguchorom nol gajang pyonhage mandeulkkoya
 My babe, baby babe, baby baby
Marhejwo nege What Is Love?]
 
 
He was crying as he sang, and I felt a pang in my heart. I imagined Sehun in that bed, and me on the floor beside him. It wasn't really my place, but I started humming along with him. Quietly, but Jongin could hear. I saw him smile sadly from behind, glad for the support, I think. I could also see Sehun looking at me from the corner of my eye. He hummed along with us. And soon it was a chorus of voices serenading Do Kyungsoo.