It's Really Over

Fools

 

GaYoon flash her diamond ring at me. “He asked me to marry him. Can you believe it?”

“No…I can’t believe it. DooJoon?”

“Yeah, It was such a surprise since we been together for only three months and we just got back last month from the United States. Is this happening too fast?” GaYoon asks nervously.

KiKwang was speechless. “…If you two really love each other then I guess it’s fine.”

GaYoon hugged KiKwang. “Oh my gosh KiKi I can’t believe it. I always thought about how my husband will propose to me and it happened. I’m so happy.”

“As long as you’re happy I’m happy too.” KiKwang hug her back and pat her head feeling a little hurt inside.

 

----

“What? Married?” JiHyun asks.

“Uh huh” HyunAh nodded.

“How could they? They’ve only been together for what three months and they are getting married? I’ve been dating him for five years and I haven’t even met his parents.”

“JiHyun-ah you have to face it. You two were never meant to be. He didn’t even like you.”

Hearing those words from her friend JiHyun felt hurt, sure she heard them before but now it was different. He was really moving on without her and she had to really face it. “…I know but…I really liked him and I was sincere about how I felt.” Her voice started to wobble as she tried her best not to cry.

HyunAh hugged her. “It’s okay JiHyun you don’t deserve him. You deserve much better.”

 

With those words JiHyun started bawling in HyunAh’s arms.

 

----

GaYoon walked out with a long fitted dress on. “Should I wear a long or short dress?”

KiKwang stood up and walked over to her side. They face the mirror and looked at their reflection. “You look pretty in anything.”

GaYoon slap his arm. “I’m serious. I want to look nice for DooJoon. What do you think he will like?”

 

DooJoon that name ringed in his ear over and over again. KiKwang hated him but at the same time they were brothers and he loved him to death. KiKwang took out his cell and dials a number as soon as GaYoon walked back into the changing room.

 

“Hyung, It’s me. You’re future wife is having issues picking out a dress and I think it will be best if it was you here instead of me. I’m not really sure what you like.”

DooJoon chuckle through the phone. “So you are the one she wanted to bother today? I’ll be there give me a few minutes.”

 

KiKwang grab his blazer on the chair and tip toe out of the boutique.

 

----

“What are you going to do?” HyunAh asks JiHyun.

“What is there left for me to do but live on?” JiHyun sat up and reach for her phone on the table.

“Are you really moving back to the country side? What about me?” HyunAh whines.

JiHyun took out her cell and started deleting pictures of DooJoon. “You should live too. The only reason I came here was to be with him. Now that everything is over I should go back to my uncle. Besides my Aunt and MiMi visited the other day and told me Uncle was getting sick. I should go back and help them out.” JiHyun deleted the last picture and fell back on her bed.

“You’re really going to leave me?” HyunAh started crying.

 

There was sobbing and nose blowing for a moment until JiHyun spoke.

 

“Before I go I should at least pay him a visit. I should congratulate him.”

HyunAh immediately stop crying. “Unnie are you crazy?”

“Yes I am…I have to see how she looks like. Why is she better then me?”

“You are just going to end up hurting yourself by going to see her.”

“If I don’t go, I think for the rest of my life I won’t stop thinking about how she looks and why she was better then me.”

 

----

 

“Aren’t you happy for them?”

“Hmm?” KiKwang looked up and saw his mother at his doorway. “Oh, hi mom.”

She walked over to stand next to his bed. “Why were you so quiet and distant today at dinner? Aren’t you happy for them? He’s your brother and she’s your best friend. You should be happy for them.”

KiKwang took off his white button down shirt and sat down on his bed. “I am” He forced out a smile and showed it to his mother.

She smiled back satisfied with his smile. “At least you will have someone you already know for a sister in law instead of a stranger.”

“I know mom I know.” KiKwang took off his shoes.

She sat down on the edge of his bed. “I thought it was going to be you and GaYoon but I guess not. You two been friends for so long, I thought you two were going to be attracted to each other.”

“Impossible mom, we see each other as siblings…nothing else.” KiKwang forced out a laugh.

 

----

 

JiHyun stood in the hall way filled with rows and rows of flowers leading to the wedding room. She took a deep breath and walked over. She asked a lady where the bride was. She wanted to congratulate the bride. The lady led her to a door and left. JiHyun rose up her hand to knock on the door but stop. She thought about it again. Did she really wanted to see the girl that took her precious DooJoon away from her? Maybe it was better to not know…she took a another breath and lean against the wall. What was she doing? She shouldn’t care. She should move on, he never loved her. Thinking about him tears appear again.

 

“JiHyun?”

She knows that voice from anywhere. She wipes her eyes and tries to smile. “Yo” She tries to play it cool by giving him a little wave.

“What are you doing here?”

“Oh…HyunAh told me this place was hiring so I came here…I kind of got lost in this building. Do you know what floor this is?”

“We’re on the third floor.” He looked confused.

“Oh, thanks. I’ll be going then.”

Just before she got far enough pass him he called out to her. “JiHyun…I’m sorry” This time he really meant it.

She wanted to cry but told herself not to. She turned around. “I know.”