The Date

Fools

 

“I SAID I’M NOT GOING!” JiHyun yells from under the blankets.

“Unnie!” Mimi pulls off the cover. “You won you have to go. Mom also paid a lot for those tickets.”

“I don’t wanna.” JiHyun pulls the blanket over her again.

Mimi sighs in defeat. “Fine” Mimi stood up and walks out of the room. “UMMA I need help!”

 

Minutes later Mimi and her mother came in tip toeing over to JiHyun. As they prepare themselves to take off the blanket and wrestle with JiHyun they heard a scream from outside. It sounded like it was JiHyun. Mimi pulls the cover and found nothing just pillows arrange as if someone was sleeping under the covers. They ran over to the window and saw JiHyun running down the street.

 

Aunt waved her fist in the air and yells “YAH COME BACK! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I PAID FOR THOSE AMUSEMENT PARK TICKETS?”

 

----

 

DooJoon came behind GaYoon and hugged her.

 

“I miss you.”

GaYoon push his hands away. “Yah, what if someone sees.”

DooJoon slither his arms around her waist and place his forehead on hers. “Let them” He playfully teases.

“Yah” GaYoon hits his arm and smiles. “Are you ready? We have to attend the charity event at the amusement park today.”

“Do we have too?” DooJoon whines. “Can’t we just lazily lay around today?”

GaYoon raise an eye brow at him. “Did you forget who you are?”

“Yoon DooJoon.”

“Yes, now did you forget who your father is?”

“…He’s dead…”

“What?” GaYoon’s face turned pale.

“My real father is dead but the father who raised me up is Yoon DooJoon the man I’m named after. The man with this huge YOON ENTERPRISE. I am DooJoon Jr. oldest son of the Yoon Enterprise.”

“I never knew that about your real father. I’m sorry.” GaYoon tightly hugs him to comfort him.

 

----

 

 

“JiYoon?” JiHyun walks into the empty restaurant with no shoes on.

“JiHyun?” Mrs. Jeon came out from the kitchen. “What are you doing here? Today is your day off.”

“I’m here for JiYoon.”

“She’s still in bed, you can go wake her up for me if you like.” Mrs. Jeon points up the stairs.

 

JiHyun did a quick bow and ran up to the house upstairs.

 

“JiYoonie” JiHyun called as she open the door. JiYoon was still in bed with the covers over her head. JiHyun walks up to the bed. “JiYoonie” JiHyun pulls the cover.

 

As the cover came off JiYoon’s arms wrap themselves around JiHyun.

 

“AHH JiYoon what are you doing?” JiHyun hits JiYoon’s arms.

“Sorry unnie.”

“Sorry?”

“Hurry I got her!” JiYoon yells and tighten her hold on JiHyun.

The closet door opens and Mimi came out with her mother. “Unnie lets go the easy way okay?” Mimi asks.

“No, NEVER!” JiHyun started fighting and almost got away but Aunt grab onto her and HyunSeung came into the room with a rope.

“JiHyun noona, I’m sorry but…going on a date with KiKwang isn’t that bad.” HyunSeung hands aunt the rope and they tied her down onto a chair.

 

Ten minutes later HyunSeung handed JiHyun a mirror. Her eye lids were filled with blue shadow and the eyeliner was so thick that her eyes looked like she got beaten up and had black eyes. Her cheeks were too red and her lips were too glossy. JiHyun almost cried when she saw her hair. She had two high pony tails on the top of her head with flower decorations.

 

JiHyun sighs in defeat. “Fine I’ll go but please don’t make me go like this. Take me home I’ll dress myself.”

 

Mimi and her mother escorted JiHyun home with her hands tied behind her back like she was a prisoner. After washing off the makeup and showering JiHyun picked her outfit and came out of  Mimi’s room. In the Living room KiKwang was waiting with her Uncle and Aunt. JiHyun quickly walks by them with a grumpy face on.

 

“We’llbe back soon.” KiKwang bows to Mr and Mrs Nam.

 

KiKwang trails behind JiHyun as they walk to the bus stop. KiKwang had been keeping a distant for a reason. He didn’t want to bother her yet. He wanted to let her cool down before playing around. JiHyun sat down on the bench in front of the bus stop and sighs. KiKwang did the same.

 

“Let’s at least try to have fun.” KiKwang stretch his arms in the air.

“Might as well. I haven’t gotten a break since I came back home.” JiHyun kept her eyes at the other people across the street waiting for the other bus that ran the opposite way.

“Hey” KiKwang taps JiHyun’s shoulder and she turns. As she turn her cheek collided into KiKwang’s figure. “Boing!” KiKwang laughed.

JiHyun turns back “So child-ish”

“Oh the bus is coming!” KiKwang stood up happily and grabs onto JiHyun’s left hand.

“Yah let me go!”

“….NO” KiKwang started running towards the bus dragging JiHyun with him.

 

----

 

DooJoon and GaYoon waved to the crowd and pose for pictures as the ribbon was cut for the charity event. After DooJoon made a speech and the event ended GaYoon decided to walk around the park without DooJoon. DooJoon was tired from the event and went back to the hotel.

 

“YAH KIKWANG!”

 

GaYoon heart stop as she heard someone yelled. She looked around but didn’t see the person who yelled.

 

“I’m going crazy…” GaYoon whisper to herself and shook her head.

 

----

 

“YAH KIKWANG” JiHyun yells to let her hand go and hits his arm.

 

KiKwang took off running still holding on to JiHyun’s hand. It was fun playing with her. KiKwang ran over to the big wheel and stop at the entrance.

 

“Wait!” JiHyun refuse to get in line.

“What?” KiKwang asks.

“I’m not a fan of this. What if you get stuck up on the top?” JiHyun fearfully looks at the big wheel.

“It’ll be fine.” KiKwang pulls her into the line.

“You don’t understand…” JiHyun was about to explain her reason but KiKwang ignore her and drag her into their seat.

 

The worker signal for the doors to be closed and the wheel started moving. JiHyun held onto KiKwang’s arm as if her life depended on it. KiKwang smiled at her, to him it was funny and refreshing to see her like this. She had always had on the tough image but never showed her weak image. JiHyun buried her face in his shoulder and tears started coming out.

 

“Yah…what’s wrong?” KiKwang looked at JiHyun but she wouldn’t move from her position.

“I told you I didn’t want to come on this.” JiHyun started crying.

“…Are you that scared? You were fine on all the other rides…”

JiHyun just shook her head and continue crying. “…I…I hate this stupid ride the most. You just don’t understand…I hate this…this…here…was where my parent’s left me. My selfish parents left me here.”

KiKwang’s heart drop and guilt ran through his body. “…I’m sorry…I didn’t know.” KiKwang move his arm from her grip and brought her head to his chest as he wrap his arms around her. “I’m sorry.”

 

----

 

GaYoon couldn’t believe it. It was KiKwang! She didn’t notice him since he was dressed different at first but she instantly notice him when he hugged the girl next to him and his face was exposed to her more clearly. GaYoon was three carts away from them.

 

As they got off the ride she ran after him and the girl. He was patting the girls head and handing her tissues. She got closer to them and reach out for him but someone bump into her and she lost her balance. GaYoon quickly got up and ran to KiKwang.

 

“KIKWANG!” GaYoon screams.

KiKwang and JiHyun stop walking. “Yes?” KiKwang turns around.

“It is you…” GaYoon happily smiles and ran over to hug him.

JiHyun step away from them and confused. She looked at the girl and then KiKwang. “Who’s that?”

GaYoon back off KiKwang and look over at JiHyun. She ignores JiHyun and turns back to KiKwang. “Where have you been?”

KiKwang looks at her and sighs. “I’ll call you later.” KiKwang walks over to JiHyun and took her hand in his about to leave.

“Why? I want answers now KiKwang. Where have you been for so long? Don’t you know how worried I was?” GaYoon stops KiKwang.

KiKwang sighs in annoyance. “I said I’ll call you later.” KiKwang used a low and forceful tone which scared both JiHyun and GaYoon. He tightly held onto JiHyun’s hand and pulled her away.