A surprise Lunch Mate

Fools

 

HyunSeung sighs again as he stirs his bowl of soup. Should he tell JiHyun or not? He has been asking himself that question all throughout the evening. He wasn’t sure what to do, his heart is telling him to tell her but his brain tells him she’ll find out for herself, even if she did find out what can she do? KiKwang didn’t remember her, she would be devastated. What if she went into depression? HyunSeung didn’t want to bring pain to her. HyunSeung pouts.

“Oppa what are you thinking about?” Hyuna asks holding the spoon to her lips.

Mimi crooks her head to one side to observe him. “Did JiYoon unnie break up with you again?”

“Did you forget to call her after you call your mom again?” Hyuna asks wondering why he had to call his mother before JiYoon.

“Just call her before you call your mom tonight.” Mimi shrugs her shoulders. “She’ll be happy you call her first.”

“It’s not about JIYOON! We’re doing fine; I talk to her all night. I might call my mother first but it’s only for a few minutes, JiYoon doesn’t mind.”

“Then what is it?” Hyuna asks curious.

HyunSeung looks at a quite JiHyun. “It’s just work. I can’t tell.”

“We won’t say anything. Tell us.” Mimi pressures HyunSeung.

“I don’t know if Noona wants to hear it though.”

“Me?” JiHyun asks. “What do I have to do with it?”

“Is she fired?” Mimi asks in panic.

“It’s that mean lady who likes to wear the color red, what’s her name again?” Hyuna asks.

“Mrs. Yang” HyunSeung answers. “But no she didn’t do anything. In fact I think she is scared of KiKwang. He promoted me to be his PA. Mrs. Yang didn’t like it but she just left.”

"Then what us it?" Hyuna asks.

"Our new boss." HyunSeung looks at JiHyun to see her expression. She was paying attention.

"It's KiKwang, but the name he goes by is AJ."

"Why are you telling us this?" JiHyun asks standing up. She walks to the sink and dumps in her dishes. "He's our new boss so what? He's acting like he don't know us, we should do the same."

"That's the problem noona, he doesn't remember us. He got into an accident and lost some of his memory."

"Good, it be wont awkward then."

"He might not feel awkward but I do. I obviously know him but I have to pretend I don't."

JiHyun turns to go outside. "Let's just do our best HyunSeung, we don't need to be associated with him. Let's stop bring his name into this house."

 

----

 

Avoiding KiKwang was easy for JiHyun. She cleaned his office first before doing her other duties and never ran into him. HyunSeung was busier as the company started to pick up and didn't have time to chat with Hyuna and JiHyun. For lunch he ate whatever he could get his hands on, KiKwang was a busy man and he needed HyunSeung to keep up.

KiKwang plan to surprise DooJoon. KiKwang knew DooJoon didn't think much of him but his older brother was going to get the biggest surprise of his life when he picks up the falling cosmetic company DooJoon bought just to prove his point of how useless KiKwang was. He wasn't going to be the poor helpless KiKwang anymore. Sure he has been using his memory loss and his father's death as excuses to piss off DooJoon but it was getting old and KiKwang was ready to clash head on to DooJoon. KiKwang wasn't sure what kind of man he was before the accident but he decided that he would no longer be that guy who DooJoon push around. From GaYoon to the company DooJoon had it all. Why did KiKwang have nothing?

When KiKwang woke up on the hospital bed three years ago he lost part of his memory and no one bother to tell him those memories. They kept saying it wasn't worth the effort to get them back and left him at that. He felt fine with it but another part of him wanted to know where he been and how he even lost his memory in the first place. The last piece of memory he remember was attending DooJoon's wedding. After that it was blank and he himself felt he was missing a big piece of him.

A knock on his door brought KiKwang from his deep thoughts. HyunSeung was standing in his door way.

"It's lunch did you want me to bring you something or are you going to eat out?" HyunSeung asks.

"What are you going to do?" KiKwang ask him back.

"I'm eating with my friends."

"Okay" KiKwang stood up.

"Okay?" HyunSeung was confused did his boss wanted to have lunch with him and his friends?

"Lead the way Mr. Jang." KiKwang smiles at him. "I haven't had a home cook meal in forever."

HyunSeung turns around and started power walking out of the office. He didn't want to make it seem like he didn't want KiKwang to come along or seem as if he was running from KiKwang but he had to call JiHyun to warn her first. He stops in front of the elevator and pull out his phone. He dials JiHyun's phone quickly before KiKwang got to the elevator.

"Noona!" He look around to see if KiKwang was near. "He's coming."

"Who?"

KiKwang appear next to HyunSeung.

"You know who..." HyunSeung smiles at KiKwang. "Prepare another plate." He spoke into the phone and then shut it.