Worried

Fools

 

KiKwang couldn’t sleep that night thinking about how pretty and much nicer JiHyun looked when she smiled. He thought she should smile more. Maybe then she wouldn’t scare so many people. He thought he should tell her tomorrow but what if she attacks him for insulting her? KiKwang shook his head. He rather lives than get attack by JiHyun. By the time KiKwang finally fell asleep Mrs. Nam was already up preparing breakfast and the veggies for today’s sale.

 

JiHyun exit out the bathroom and bump into a sleepy KiKwang. He was still rubbing his eyes trying to wake up. She ignores him and continues walking, she didn’t feel like arguing today she was tired too and the weather wasn’t making things better. It was dark and raining JiHyun just wanted to crawl back into bed but she had to work.

 

After changing she went into the kitchen and sat down next to KiKwang. MiMi stops eating and pinch herself. This was the first time JiHyun sat next to KiKwang. JiHyun caught MiMi pinching herself and MiMi hesitated.

 

MiMi stood up. “I should leave or I’ll be late.”

JiHyun didn’t care and continues to eat.

“Unnie don’t you wanna go with me?” MiMi asks.

“Wae? I still wanna eat.” JiHyun continues to stuff food into .

 MiMi was surprised. JiHyun always left with MiMi to avoid KiKwang whenever she could. “It’s raining we have to share umbrellas, we only have two.” MiMi put up a peace sign.

“I’ll just share with KiKwang.” JiHyun pointed at KiKwang with her chopsticks.

MiMi’s bug eyes popped out and uncle almost choked on his soup. “Oh…ok. Bye then.” MiMi ran out the house and grabs the bigger umbrella. “You two need to get closer right? Sharing a small umbrella should help that process quicken.” MiMi giggles to herself as she skipped towards her bus stop.

Uncle looks at JiHyun and then at KiKwang. “You two went drinking last night didn’t you?” He looks at JiHyun then KiKwang again. “Are you two still drunk?”

“Why do you say that?” KiKwang asks.

Uncle clears his throat “Nothing, you two just look really tired.”

“We’re ok don’t worry.” JiHyun stood up and cleared her bowls.

KiKwang did the same and followed her to the sink to hand over his bowls. “We should get going or we’ll be late.”

“Late for what?” Uncle asks as they exit the door together.

“Work where else?” JiHyun asks. “What’s up with you and MiMi today? Acting weird.”

“You two are the ones acting weird today what are you talking about?” Uncle whispers to himself as the two in front of him left.

 

KiKwang opens the umbrella and notice it wasn’t big enough for the both of them. If he covers himself JiHyun will get her shoulder wet so he held it above her so she won’t get wet, he didn’t mind getting wet. JiHyun was quiet and didn’t really care or notice KiKwang getting wet. When they reached JiHyun’s work place KiKwang closed the umbrella and hands it over to JiHyun.

 

“Why are you giving it to me? Don’t you need it?” JiHyun asks.

“It’s okay and besides you have to deliver lunch to me later so you keep it. I’m already wet on one side might as well just get soaked. I’ll change when I get to the garage shop.” KiKwang showed JiHyun his wet shoulder.

“You were the one holding the umbrella how did you let yourself get wet?” JiHyun asks.

“If I didn’t you would have.” KiKwang pulls JiHyun’s hands towards him and place the umbrella in her hand. “I’ll see you later.”

“Wait.” JiHyun hands the umbrella back. “Take it, I’ll borrow JiYoon’s umbrella later or come with HyunSeung. He follows his mother there anyways.”

 

----

 

DooJoon waited in the car as he stalked for KiKwang to show up. In no time KiKwang was walking over towards the garage shop. DooJoon got out of the car and approach him.

 

“It’s been a while.” DooJoon steps out in front of him.

“Hyung.” KiKwang stops walking. “What are you doing here?”

“What are YOU doing here?” DooJoon question KiKwang raising an eyebrow at him. “We need to talk.”

“About what?” KiKwang steps back. “The company? I don’t want nothing to do with it Hyung.”

“Why? What’s wrong with you KiKwang? The company is our life, everything about it depends on us.”

“You’re doing well in running it. Why do you have to pull me in?”

“You know exactly why KiKwang! I…I’m not-”

“Blood related to me or father? This is the twenty first century no one cares about that crap. As long as you can run it and the workers are behind you you’re good. You don’t need to be blood related.”

“It’s not that easy KiKwang.”

“Why not? Why are you acting like dad is going to die? He’s perfectly well. He’s a little sick but he will recover. He had always.”

“This time…it’s not the same as last time he was sick KiKwang…”

 

----

 

JiHyun looks outside the window as she washed the dishes. KiKwang wasn’t home yet and it was already nine. At lunch time when she delivered his lunch the shop owner had told her he didn’t show up for work. She tried calling him but he didn’t pick up. JiHyun washed the bubble’s off her hands and turn off the water. She walked over to the door and peeked out. Nothing. She sighs and turns back in. Where could he have gone? Did he leave? She didn’t know why but the thought of KiKwang leaving worried her.

 

----

 

KiKwang sat quietly in an empty bus as he made his way back. He had left with DooJoon earlier and forgot about his job. He saw the missed calls from JiHyun but didn’t bother to call back. He had a lot of things going through his head.

 

“Appa” KiKwang ran over to his father’s bed side and held his hand. “Appa”

“Are you back? How was the vacation?” His father greeted him with a weak voice.

“Are you okay?”

KiKwang’s father signals for DooJoon to leave and he obey. “Don’t worry, I’m just getting old so recovering is taking more time than usual.” He looks at KiKwang from head to toe. “Look at you. So different from before. I guess you must have been laying low. It took DooJoon a while to find you.”

“I guess you can say that. I didn’t use any of my credit cards or my passport.”

“You with no credit card? That’s a surprise.”

KiKwang chuckles “Who do you think I am of course I can live without a credit card.”

“Are you ready to come back? DooJoon has been over working and I think he really needs his brother right now.”

“You don’t think those rumors are true do you?”

“We live in the twentieth century. As long as I write his name in my will he gets it okay.”

KiKwang smiles. “Exactly what I said.”

“KiKwang…wrap up your vacation and come back. I think it’s time for DooJoon to rest. Besides you have much to learn. If you’re done sorting out your feelings then comeback.”

 

“Yah KiKwang.” It was the bus driver.

“Hmm?” KiKwang looks up.

“Isn’t this your stop?”

KiKwang looks out. “Oh!” KiKwang got up and ran out of the bus.

 

He could see that the light in the living room was still on. He looked at his watch, eleven pm, and ran even faster. He must have worried them. KiKwang threw away his worried look and put on a huge bright smile.

 

“I’m home!” He hyperly yelled as he walked in.

“Yah quiet down would you.”

KiKwang stops smiling. That wasn’t a voice he was use too in this house. “What are you doing here?”

“It’s my house I could come whenever I want.” JunHyung smirks at KiKwang.

“Where’s everybody at?” KiKwang observer the house.

“Sleeping. Don’t you know what time it is?”

“I do but do you know what time it is? It’s already late you should be in your own house.”

“This is my house.”

“I meant one where it isn’t occupied. What do you want?”

“Answers.”

“Answers?”

“You see I had gotten a mission the other day and I was quiet surprised to see your name in it. Find you and destroy this family after wards. But why?”

“What?”

JunHyung stood up from his seat and grabs his collar. JunHyung push KiKwang against the wall.  “Who are you? Why are you here? Why do people want to destroy JiHyun and her family?”

“Why do you care?” KiKwang asks.

“I have my reasons.”

KiKwang push JunHyung away. “You like her?”

“Do you?” JunHyung raise a eyebrow at him.

“What are you two doing?” JiHyun walks out of MiMi’s room. “If you two want to fight take it outside. Don’t wake up everyone in this house. We have to wake up early tomorrow to work our off to live.” She walks over to the two guys. JiHyun looks at JunHyung. “Why are you here? I paid the rent already.”

JunHyung stares at KiKwang. “I had other business here to take care of.”

“Leave.” JiHyun pointed out the door.

JunHyung rolls his eyes. “We’re not done yet.” He point to KiKwang as he walks out.

“I” KiKwang began his explanation.

“I don’t care. You’re a grown man. Do whatever you want come back whenever you want. I don’t care.” JiHyun spins around to go back into MiMi’s room but turns back. “It wasn’t me, Uncle was really worried so he told me to called.”

KiKwang nodded.

 

Right before JiHyun reached for the door knob KiKwang stop her. He held onto her wrist and twists her around to pull her into a hug.

 

“Thanks for worrying about me.” KiKwang secretly smiled as he hugged her tighter.