Let's go on a DATE

Fools

 

Let’s go on a date!!

KiKwang ran into work trying to beat the clock. Last night he couldn’t sleep at all. JiHyun had started working nights again and last night she didn’t get home until three in the morning so he was up waiting for her.

“Sorry boss I won’t be late again I promise.” KiKwang ran to the locker room and quickly change.

----

“Please JiHyun.”

“No.”

“Please I won’t ever ask you for a favor again.”

JiHyun turns to the pleading girl and sighs. “Fine but if he throws it away or doesn’t want it don’t be mad at me.”

 

The girl held up an ok sigh and happily hands JiHyun a pink envelope with hearts and lip prints all over it. JiHyun put it with the lunch box Auntie packed for KiKwang and left for the auto shop. Like always there was a crowd of ahjummas waiting to give KiKwang their lunch boxes. In the crowd she spotted HyunSeung and walked over to him.

“What are you doing here?” JiHyun playfully hit HyunSeung’s arm.

“I followed my momma here. I knew she wasn’t going to the market.” HyunSeung pouts and cross his arm on his chest.

“You’re such a baby getting mad over your mom giving someone else your lunch.”

“I’m not a baby! She should be feeding me I spend all my time studying and this is what I get. I don’t like sharing my mommy.” HyunSeung stomp on the floor.

“Baby” JiHyun whispers into his ear.

 

KiKwang had notice JiHyun the moment she came in but she didn’t seem to have notice him. All the ahjummas had given their lunch box to him already and were getting ready to leave. KiKwang saw how playful JiHyun was with HyunSeung and couldn’t help but feel a little jealous. This was anew side of JiHyun for KiKwang, she had always been cold or nonchalant towards him never smiling or playful. KiKwang walks up to the playing couple. JiHyun was in the middle of giving HyunSeung a head lock and calling him a baby.

 

KiKwang cleared his throat. JiHyun looks up and releases HyunSeung. “Let’s have lunch together.”

“Huh?” JiHyun asks confused.

“HyunSeung are you coming or not?” HyunSeung’s mom yells to him.

“Coming mother!” HyunSeung got up and ran off.

JiHyun stood up and hands over the lunch box. “JiYoon wanted me to pass this on to you.” She hands him the envelope.

KiKwang observe the envelope and without even reading it he threw it into the trash bin. “Let’s have lunch.”

“Yah isn’t that a little too cruel? At least open it.”

“It’s all the same, they start off with OPPA my name is blah blah I like you blah blah blah blah.”

“Fine whatever I don’t care what you do with those letters.” JiHyun hands him the box.

“I asked you to eat with me.”

“I’m busy.”

“I don’t want to eat by myself.” KiKwang whines with aego.

“Why didn’t you ask one of the ahjumma to eat with you then? And what’s with the aego? Sounds scary.” JiHyun place the box on the table.

Before she even got the chance to pass KiKwang he held onto her. “You have to take the container back. Auntie hates it when the rice dries up and gets stuck to the silverware and box.”

JiHyun close her eyes and sighs. It was true auntie really hated that. “Fine”

 

----

 

“It’s been so long since we seen KiKwang I hope he is okay.” GaYoon pouts in front of the mirror as she took of her earrings.

“KiKwang’s a big kid now he can take care of himself.” DooJoon came from behind her and wraps his arms around her waist. “You should be more worried about me. I haven’t slept in days.”

GaYoon broke away from DooJoon.“I’m sorry it’s just KiKwang tells me everything and now all of a sudden he’s gone without letting me know so I’m just worried.”

“I’ll go look for him if he doesn’t come back next week.” DooJoon watch as GaYoon enters the bathroom and closes the door. “Not even a little concern for me” DooJoon sighs and pulls out his phone. He hesitated a little before pressing the number five.

 

----

 

JiHyun was on her way home from feeding KiKwang lunch when her phone started vibrating. She was shocked at the number that had appeared. Why would he be calling her? JiHyun hit the red button and stop the phone from vibrating.

 

“Who do you think you are calling me?” JiHyun put her phone back in her pocket and continue her way home.

 

After taking the lunch containers home JiHyun made her way back to the restaurant and saw JiYoon by herself with her head down on the table. She was confused did she already heard the news of KiKwang throwing her letter out? JiHyun tip toe over to JiYoon and from behind she tickle JiYoon’s sides.

 

JiYoon jumps up “AHHHHH” She turns to JiHyun “Don’t do that again!”

“I was just trying to cheer you up. Don’t have to be so serious.” JiHyun pokes JiYoon’s cheek but JiYoon didn’t let go of her angry face. “What’s wrong?” JiHyun asks.

“This!” JiYoon held up a poster of KiKwang. It seems like an advertisement of some sort.

“What is it?” JiHyun asks with a disgusted face on.

“Your aunt was passing this around. She said it was a raffle. The winner gets to go on a date with KiKwang.” JiYoon was basically crying as she said KiKwang’s name.

“Isn’t that a good thing for you?”

“It is!” JiYoon continued crying. “BUT…we’re only allowed to buy one ticket!” JiYoon had rivers flowing out of her eyes.

“You should go to a temple and pray for the heavens to help you.” JiHyun scoff sarcastically.

“GOOD IDEA!” JiYoon stops crying and ran up stairs to the top level where her family lived. JiYoon came running back down with her laptop. “I need to find the nearest temple.”

“I was just joking.” JiHyun hit’s JiYoon’s arm.

“What am I supposed to do now?” JiYoon ask crying again.

“How much was a ticket?”

“Twenty dollars.”

“TWENTY!”

JiYoon nodded her head. “I asked my mom to buy one so I have a higher chance of winning but she said if she won she wanted to go on the date with KiKwang.” JiYoon started crying again.

HyunSeung’s red head pop into the restaurant. “Don’t tell me she’s crying because of the win a date with KiKwang raffle.” He held up a poster and came in to sit with the two girls.

“Your mother is trying to win it too?” JiHyun asks.

“No duhhh. She could go on a date with ME her own son who is handsome, smart and outgoing who is the same age as that ahjumma killer for free but no she is willing to pay twenty dollars to go on a date with that KiKwang.” HyungSeung crushes the poster in his hand as he said KiKwang.

“Yah your mom is going to kill you for wrinkling that poster.” JiHyun pointed to the crushed up ball of paper in HyunSeung’s hand.

 

HyunSeung gasp and quickly open up the crush up ball of paper and smooth it out with his hands.

 

“That won’t help you.” JiYoon hit HyunSeung’s hands away from the poster and she tried to smooth it out.

“HYUNSEUNG!” The three of them heard his mother calling him from outside.

“OH MY GOD” HyunSeung stood up and squeal. “What should I do?” HyunSeung saw JiYoon’s poster on the table and snatch it. “JiYoon don’t worry you don’t need this. All you need is to look at me only.” HyunSeung ran out with the poster in his hand.

“What did he just say?” JiYoon looks over at JiHyun.

 

JiHyun was also dumbfounded by HyunSeung. She had open and eyes wide at JiYoon. She couldn’t believe what she just heard. So HyunSeung really did like JiYoon. All those rumors from high school were true. JiHyun close and swallowed some saliva to moisten her dry throat before busting out laughing.

 

“That is not funny!” JiYoon crumble up the already damage poster and threw it at JiHyun. “You have to help me win this raffle! Ask your aunt to sell me more tickets.” JiYoon pleaded.

“I’ll ask her later so get back to work and get ready for the dinner rush.” JiHyun threw the balled up paper back to JiYoon.

 

On the day of the raffle drawing JiYoon held onto JiHyun tightly as JiHyun’s aunt was reaching into the box for the winning ticket. JiHyun wasn’t able to get JiYoon more tickets but she was able to buy a ticket and hand it over to JiYoon if she was the winner. JiYoon looked at her ticket then at JiHyun’s and jumped happily. JiYoon had read her prediction on facebook this morning and it told her she was going to find love today. JiYoon was feeling good.

 

HyunSeung saw the two girls and walked over to them. “I need to talk to you.” He grabs JiYoon’s wrist and pulled her away.

“00345823” JiHyun’s aunt read out the winning raffle number.

JiHyun looked at her raffle “…0..0345829” She looked at JiYoon’s “00345823” JiHyun look around for JiYoon but she wasn’t in sight anymore. JiHyun ran out of the crowd of ahjummas and saw JiYoon frozen not far away from the crowd. “YAH! You won!” JiHyun jump in front of JiYoon but she didn’t move. She had her hand over . “Yah” JiHyun hits her arm and she blank.

“What?”

“Didn’t you hear me?” JiHyun ask confused. “You won.”

“Oh…it’s okay…you keep it.” JiYoon went back to covering and walked home.

“What’s wrong with that girl?” JiHyun thought as she watches JiYoon walk off.

A hand came infront of JiHyun and took the tickets from her hand. “So, you’re the winner.” KiKwang grins at the ticket and then at JiHyun.

“That’s not mine. Why would I want to go on a date with you?” JiHyun step away from him.

“See you next weekend.” KiKwang waves to JiHyun as he walked away.

“Why would I see you next weekend?”

“We’re going on a date.”