Comfort

Fools

 

“Yah you really want to die!?” JiHyun pushed KiKwang out of her face and storm off huffing and puffing. She could never look at ginseng the same again.

“Yah, wait for me…let’s go home together!” KiKwang ran after her.

 

In the back ground DooJoon stood there watching them fight and run off. He sighs and quickly followed them to the house. He hid well behind them and wasn’t caught. He watched as KiKwang helped out with dinner and notice how different he was. Has KiKwang always been like this? Smiling like a fool with no care in the world dressed as a commoner. DooJoon decided to head back, he was going to come another day when it was just KiKwang.

 

The next morning while JiHyun was on the bus KiKwang came and sat down next to her. She didn’t mind at first but then he started talking. He kept blabbing about the garage shop and the ahjummas. JiHyun took out her ear phones and plugs them in. The calm music lower her blood pressure which was created by KiKwang and peacefully rode the bus. KiKwang followed her to her destination. He taps her shoulder and she turned. She didn’t even realize he was still following her.  JiHyun took off her headphones.

 

“You’re getting off at nine right? If so wait here for me I’ll come get you. There’s been lots of talk going around saying there is a ert in town. He creeps up on girls who are by themselves and…do bad things to them.”

“What kind of bad things?” JiHyun asks.

“..You know…things guys shouldn’t do unless they have permission.” KiKwang whispers.

“Like?” JiHyun asks already knowing the answer but playing with KiKwang was fun.

KiKwang hesitated it was uncomfortable for him. “Bad things okay just bad things.”

“Like…?” JiHyun raised an eyebrow at him.

“…Yea” KiKwang cleared his throat. “Well anyways I’ll come get you after I get off.”

“It’s ok HyunSeung told me he would walk me home already.”

“But who will walk HyunSeung home?”

“He could go by himself.”

“Are you serious? That mamma’s boy, he’s scared of a bee. I’m pretty sure he’s scared of his own shadow. How is he going to protect you?”

“I’ll just come by myself then geezs. Hurry up and leave you’re going to be late.” JiHyun turns away and enters the restaurant.

“UNNIE!” JiYoon came running over to hug JiHyun as she enters the restaurant.

 

----

 

DooJoon walked into a random restaurant to sit down and think of where KiKwang could be working. It would be better if he met KiKwang outside of the house. He didn’t want JiHyun to know they were related. What if she knew they were related and got close to KiKwang to get back at him? Or was she trying to get into the family because of money? DooJoon cover his face with his hands and sighs.

 

“Good afternoon. What will it be today?”

That voice. DooJoon looks up. “You”

JiHyun’s eyes widen and she step back. “You, what are you doing here?”

“Business.” DooJoon gave her a cold tone reply.

“It’ll be best if you leave.”

“Why? I’m not going to hurt you or do anything. People told me this is the place to go if I wanted a good meal. Why can’t I eat here? You don’t have to serve me get someone else.”

“Good at least we both can agree on that.” JiHyun went into the kitchen and pushed JiYoon out.

JiYoon came back into the kitchen moments later with big bug eyes. “Unnie he’s so handsome.”

“Psh please even KiKwang is more handsome than him.”

“EHHH? KiKwang?” A big smile creeps onto JiYoon’s face. “Unnie don’t tell me…you’re starting to like him.” JiYoon giggles.

“Yah!” JiHyun threw a spoon at JiYoon but she doge it. “Hurry and get him out of here!”

 

----

 

“So I can leave?” KiKwang asks Mr. Lee.

“Why are you leaving early again?”

“I have to go do something important.”

“Like?” Mr. Lee raises an eye brow at him.

“I have responsibility to take care of.”

“What kind?”

“…If you must really have to know, I’m going to go get JiHyun before I leave. There’s that ert in town and she’s a girl.”

“Is she walking you home or are you walking her home?” Mr. Lee laughs. “She’s one tough cookie I can’t picture her needing protection.”

“On the outside she looks like that butif you get to really know her she’s very fragile and not so tough.”

“Are you two dating?”

“NO..no ahahaha no.”

“Fine, go.”

KiKwang bows. “Thank you sir.”

KiKwang ran over to the restaurant JiHun was working at and meet her outside just in time. JiYoon saw him and waved. HyunSeung was there too.

“What are you doing here?” JiHyun asks.

“I told you I was coming to pick you up.” KiKwang heavily breathe.

“Just in time KiKwang oppa.” JiYoon give him a thumbs up.

“Oh thank goodness I don’t have to walk JiHyun home then.” HyunSeung sigh in relief. “Can you two walk me home before you two head to the bus stop then?” JiHyun and JiYoon glares at him. “What? There’s that ert in town. He might mistake me for a girl.”

KiKwang laughs. “Sure.”

JiHyun rolls her eyes and started walking away.

“Bye Unnie!!!!” JiYoon screams after her.

“Yah let’s all three go together!” HyunSeung yells after her.

 

KiKwang bows goodnight to JiYoon and ran after HyunSeung and JiHyun. At the end of the road HyunSeung ran inside his house and left JiHyun alone with KiKwang again. They walked in silence. KiKwang could tell JiHyun had a bad day. He wasn’t sure of how to make her feel better but he wanted to try.

 

“Have you eaten?” KiKwang asks. JiHyun shook her head no not even looking at him. “Should we grab something to eat then?” KiKwang grab onto JiHyun’s wrist and pulls her over to a snack stall. JiHyun didn’t fight back and followed him.

 

JiHyun snacked in silence as KiKwang talked about something that happened today. In JiHyun’s head all she could think about was DooJoon. Why was he in town? Was he there for her? Is she crazy for still wanting him? She must be crazy. He wasn’t there for her but still she couldn’t help but feel like it had something to do with her. But he was a married man how could it involve her? Maybe he wanted to destroy her? But why? It was driving her crazy thinking about him. JiHyun got frustrated and hit herself on her fore head. Maybe that will make her stop thinking about DooJoon.

 

“YAH! What are you doing?” KiKwang held her hands so she wouldn’t hit herself again. “If you didn’t want to eat we could of left. You didn’t have to hit yourself.”

 

Hitting herself didn’t work, even Kikwang couldn’t distract her from thoughts of DooJoon. JiHyun stood up and so did Kikwang.

 

“Let’s go somewhere else.” JiHyun paid for the food and left.

 

KiKwang couldn’t do much but follow. JiHyun went into a tent that sell alcohol and started drinking away. Maybe it would help. KiKwang just sat there across from her in amazement. How could someone drink so much in so little time? In no time JiHyun was laughing and singing random songs. She was drunk and they were asked to leave.

 

KiKwang finally made it home after five stops for JiHyun to throw up. She was feeling better after the last stop and became more aware of what she was doing. She didn’t need to use KiKwang to support her up and her head wasn’t spinning anymore. KiKwang sat her down on the porch and went in to get her a cup of water. JiHyun chug down the water and burp.

 

“Feeling better?” KiKwang asks.

“Umm”JiHyun nodded.

“Did something happen?”

JiHyun sighs. “Nothing really…just saw someone who I didn’t want to see.”

“Me?..Ex boyfriend?”

“Umm. I…really loved him with all my heart but I guess it wasn’t enough for him. He didn’t love me back but he kept me next to him. He said he was afraid he wouldn’t find anyone who would want him so he kept me close…and then out of no where he broke up with me and got married to this girl. What does she have that I don’t? I was willing to give him all of me but he didn’t want it. What does that other girl have that I don’t?”

“…Well at least he didn’t marry your sister.”

“What?” JiHyun turns to KiKwang.

“The girl that I love with all my heart and soul…she picked my brother over me. I guess it wasn’t all her fault anyways. I should of caught her before she met my brother.”

“That’s…that must be awkward.”

“It is.”

JiHyun stood up. “Well thanks.”

“For?”

“Making me feel better. I thought I had it bad but it seems you got it worst.”

“Umm thanks even though now I feel kinda bad for myself….”

JiHyun laughs “Oh well you’ll find someone better and so will I.” JiHyun turns and went into the house.

“Did she just laugh? At me?” KiKwang smiled to himself.