All Guys Are Alike

Fools

 

JiHyun and KiKwang walked side by side back home. As they enter the house both of them walked in the door way at the same time causing them to get stuck in the door way. JiHyun glares at KiKwang while he just stared at her kind of lost. JiHyun squeeze through and ran to Mimi’s room leaving KiKwang alone in front of a wide open mouth Mimi and a confused Uncle.

“Where did you two go?” Uncle asks.

KiKwang scratches his head. “Umm to look for her bike.”

Mimi stood up and ran to her room. JiHyun was in the middle of pulling on a new shirt.

“YAH. I’m changing here.”

“Unnie how could you? I liked KiKwang first.” Mimi threw a fit.

JiHyun walked over to Mimi and smack the back of her head. “What did I do? I don’t care if you liked him first, go ahead like him I don’t like him.”

Mimi rub the back of her head and pouts. “Really?”

“Yeah” JiHyun grab the towel hinging on the empty laundry basket and walk out.

----

KiKwang wipes the foggy mirror and frown “How could she just leave me in front of her Uncle and Mimi like that. What if they thought we-” KiKwang stops talking and shook his head then laughed. “Me and her? Together? HAHA KiKwang you are funny. When did your standers get this low?” KiKwang pats his cheek and smirks.

He opens the door and step out of the bathroom. He heard a little scream and turned around. As he turned around his heart started pounding really fast.

“Please not Mimi. Please don’t let it be her.” KiKwang thought to himself.

When he clearly saw the person standing there he sighs in relief. JiHyun was there with her hands covering . KiKwang covers his exposed chest with his hands.

“Is that all you’re going to cover?” KiKwang screams at JiHyun.

JiHyun quickly brought one of her hand up to cover her eyes. KiKwang ran into his room and shut the door behind him.

“Do you think you’re the only one in this house? Put on some clothes!” KiKwang heard JiHyun yells before he heard the bathroom door slams.

----

About two weeks had passed since KiKwang came. JiHyun was getting use to him here. She didn’t randomly walk into her room anymore. She even learn to block out most of the things he say. KiKwang was a real talker. Aunt really like him since all he did was stay home and helped her sell vegies from her garden he attracted lots of customers with his looks and sweet talk. He even did aego for the old ladies to get them to buy vegies. Uncle was glad to have another guy in the house with him and drink with him. Uncle brought KiKwang around with him and showed him off to the neighbors. Mimi was getting rid of her feelings for KiKwang and saw him more as an older brother.

On a warm breezy day as JiHyun walked home people who never approached her came up to her and talked to her. They asked if she knew KiKwang and if it was possible to go see him. A lot of the local girls handed her gifts to give to KiKwang.

“JiHyun!” The landlord lady came running towards her. “Are you on your way home?”

“Um” JiHyun nodded.

“Can you pass this to KiKwang? I heard he was having back aches.” The land lady place a box of medicine in between her arm and side. “Careful, don’t drop it.”

“Um” JiHyun nodded and continue walking home.

Honestly she was getting very annoyed with this. Who do they think she is? Some kind of messenger? Why couldn’t they give KiKwang these things themselves? JiHyun slowly walk home and drop all the things in her arms to the kitchen floor. Aunt and Mimi were in the middle of cooking while Uncle and KiKwang were watching some kind of variety show. They turned their attention towards her as they heard the things hit the floor.

“Where did you get all that?” Aunt asks digging through the bags and boxes.

“I don’t know. I don’t care.” JiHyun walks away from the mess on the floor.

Mimi opens a card and read it. “To my love, my soul mate KIKWANG?”

KiKwang stood up and ran over to the pile of mess and snatch the card away from  Mimi. “ME?”

Aunt stood up with a box of chocolate. “Everything is addressed to you. You won’t mind if I take these do you?” She waves the box at him and skipped back to the stove.

“Oppa you’re a big hit with the girls and ahjummas.” Mimi laughs and went back to cooking.

“I guess.” KiKwang smiles to himself and ran back to the tv with all the candy and snacks from his admirers.

----

JiHyun look around the table and saw many meat dishes. Even with the help of KiKwang they still couldn’t afford to eat meat. The debt was too big to be eating meat which cost more than vegies or tofu. She was okay with meat once in a while but not for every meal, every day. She looked at her aunt and uncle.

“Since when did we start eating meat for every meal?” JiHyun asks.

“KiKwang and I had great sales lately so I thought we could afford it.” Aunt answers.

“Besides KiKwang likes meat. He looks like he was going to get sick if he kept eating only vegies and tofu.” Mimi added.

“So because of him you guys forgot about the debt?” JiHyun asks.

KiKwang stop eating and looked at JiHyun. “Debt?”

Uncle clears his throat. “It’s nothing KiKwang. JiHyun you should thank KiKwang for being able to eat meat. He worked hard to get the money for it.”

“Why do you guys trust him so much?” JiHyun asks. “Who is he to get whatever he wants? Lately you guys have been giving him whatever he asks for. Have you guys forgotten how we ended up like this? We trusted someone too much and give them what they wanted. Look where we ended up.”

“JIHYUN!”

“UNCLE!”

“Stop it unnie! Why are you acting like you never trusted someone before. What about you? You trusted that guy so much and did whatever he wanted and look at you. Wasted years for him and he dump you for another girl. NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE DOOJOOON!” Mimi glares at JiHyun with burning eyes.

JiHyun slams her hand down on the table silencing everyone. Her heart beat was racing. DooJoon she hated that name the most. “Fine…do whatever you guys want. Don’t come crying to me when he decides to leave.” JiHyun stood up from her seat and walk out of the house. She held in her tears until she was far enough and alone to cry. JiHyun had trusted too many people before and each time she was left hurt. She couldn’t afford to trust in KiKwang. She had enough of people using her.