Don't Trust Him

Fools

 

I… can’t let it happen…” JiHyun thought to herself as she sat against the wall. Mimi was sound asleep in front of her.  “Remember what happen last time? I can’t…it can’t happen again. One day he will leave…I will be left alone again.” JiHyun hug her knees against her chest and sighs. She wanted to let her guard down and let KiKwang crawl into her heart but she was too scared. She didn’t want to go through what she went through with DooJoon again.

 

----

 

“Morning” KiKwang waves.

JiHyun saw his smiling face and look down at the floor. She didn’t say anything back and just walk away from him.

 

At the table JiHyun sat next to Mimi and quickly ate her food. She wanted to get out of the house with Mimi like she always did. KiKwang was confused, why was she acting like this? He saw her having trouble swallowing her food and offer her a glass of water. JiHyun took the water and drink it down.

 

“I’m leaving.” Mimi stood up and so did JiHyun. “Unnie, you still have plenty of time left.”

JiHyun shook her head and threw her dishes into the sink before rushing off to put on her shoes.

 

Uncle Nam turns to KiKwang who was still eating. “Did something happen?”

KiKwang shrug his shoulders. “Not that I know of.”

“Why is she acting weird?”

KiKwang finish his tea and excuse himself.

 

----

 

Work went on as usual for JiHyun. She had actually wish work would go by slower since she didn’t want to go home. It’s not that she didn’t want to see his face but because she couldn’t. If she saw him she was sure she would let herself go to him. She had to admit it she no longer saw him as just KiKwang. She saw him as KiKwang who makes her heart race and her stomach tickle. She would get butterflies in her stomach every time he smiled at her. She couldn’t help it and that was what scared her, not being able to stop her from falling for him.

 

After the shop was close she walk home by herself. KiKwang had messaged her about waiting for him since there was still news about the ert in town but she felt better if she was alone. As she was making her way up the hill to the house someone jumped from the stone wall and stops her.

 

“Alone tonight?” JunHyung came out of the darkness and showed himself.

“As you can see, yes.” JiHyun side step to go around him but he stops her.

“Didn’t you hear about that ert in town? Why are you alone?”

“I just want to be alone okay.” She tried to get away from him but he stops her again.

“I’ll walk you home then.”

“I don’t need you to walk me home. How do I know that you’re not the ert everyone is talking about?” JiHyun raise an eye brow at him and he did the same back.

“I’m not. If I wanted to sleep or harass any girl in this town I would have done it long ago.”

“You can’t walk me home. My family would freak out.” JiHyun side step and start walking away from him.

“You mean that boy…what’s his name again? KiKwang?” JunHyung turns to face JiHyun’s back.

“KiKwang has nothing to do with my family.” JiHyun turns to face him.

“Yeah, but he’s protective of you. I’m pretty sure he’s the only one who would freak out if I walk you home.”

 

JiHyun turns around and continue walking, ignoring JunHyung and his non sense.

 

“I be careful if I was you JiHyun. You don’t know where he came from or what he did before he came here. You shouldn’t trust him. I would hate to see you suffer again.”  JunHyung warns JiHyun.

JiHyun turns to him. “Do you know where he came from?”

JunHyung smirks “It’s something I know and for you to not. Just listen to me and you’ll be okay.”

“How do I know that you’re not lying?”

“For you I’ll do anything to keep you and protect you.”

“What?” JiHyun was confused. Keep? Protect?

 

JunHyung smiled at her confused face and made a heart with his hands before turning and walking away.