Again...

Fools

 

“Just a moment.” JiHyun pulls away from HyunAh and ran towards the guy she just saw. “It can’t be him can it?”

JiHyun stops at the end of the hall way and read the name on the door.

“Yoon DooJoon?” JiHyun steps back.

In this world how many Yoon DooJoon existed? It couldn’t be the same one can it? JiHyun could feel her heart racing and her head spinning. Her hand reached for the door knob. She told herself to go but her mind wasn’t listening to her heart. As she touched it the door opened. In front of her stood him.

“JiHyun…”

“You…” JiHyun step back. “I’m sorry, I thought…I got the wrong person.” JiHyun looked away and started walking away from him.

“Wait.” DooJoon followed her. “Stop.” He grabs a hold of her. “We need to talk.” He pulled her along with him to the lobby and sat her down across from him. “Have you figured it out? KiKwang-”

“How do you know KiKwang?” JiHyun looked at him surprised.

“We’re…brothers.”

JiHyun froze. She didn’t believe it. They had two totally different last names how can they be brothers? She shook her head denying what DooJoon just told her.

“But…you two.” JiHyun stood up from her seat. “Don’t play games with me.”

“I’m so serious right now.” DooJoon answers her seriously.

“Why are you telling me this?” JiHyun asks annoyed.

“What do you think? He won’t leave!” DooJoon shout at her. He looked away from her and sighs out of stress and composes himself again. “Please make him come home. We really need him right now. I need him.”

“Why are you pleading me you should be pleading him. It’s his choice if he wants to stay or go. I’m not holding him back.” JiHyun started walking away from him. She stops and looks back at him. “It’s his choice if he wants to come back home or not. Don’t make him. He’s a grown man he can think for himself. If you make him he’ll go against you even more.”

----

“Why do you keep looking at me?” KiKwang asks pretending to sleep.

JiHyun was sitting next to him on the bus to go back home. “Where did you go while in Seoul?”

“Lots of places why?”

“Just asking.” JiHyun turn her attention to the scenery.

KiKwang smiled and went back to sleeping or at least tried to sleep. All he could think about was what his father had said to him.

“Come home.”KiKIwang’s father held onto his hand.

“I..I can’t.”KiKwang nodded thinking about JiHyun and Mimi.

“Why not?” KiKwang’s father asks confused.

“I still have things to do. When I finish I’ll come home.”

“How long is that going to take KiKwang?”His father angrily asks.

“Give me a month.”KiKwang pleaded.

“I can’t wait one month. Make it shorter.”His father demanded.

 

“KiKwang” JiHyun poke his arm. “We’re ho-..here.” JiHyun stopped herself from saying home because this isn’t where he belonged. This isn’t his home.

That night while trying to sleep JiHyun couldn’t help but think about KiKwang and DooJoon. Brothers? What a small world it is. JiHyun hugs her pillow tight. She couldn’t imagine him leaving. He has been part of her life for a while now and she couldn’t picture him gone and this scared her dearly. She knew this would one day happen she was trying to prevent feeling like this but he broke her barrier and made his way into her life anyways. She was regretting letting him in her life.  

----

“UNNIE!” Mimi screamed at JiHyun. “Unnie wake up!”

“Huh?” JiHyun woke up. She had been up all night and finally fell asleep at four in the morning. “What is it Mimi?” JiHyun rubbed her eyes.

“Unnie” Mimi was crying.

“What is it?” JiHyun snapped out of her sleepy self. “What happened?”

“There are tall guys in black in our living room taking all our stuff.” Mimi pointed towards the living room.

“What?” JiHyun got up and ran to the living room.

There was about six of them taking everything from picture frames to tables. What was going on?

JiHyun stopped one of the guys. “What are you doing?” She held onto his sleeve pulling him towards her.

“Miss if you would step away and let me do my job.”

“We paid off all the debts, there is nothing left. Why are you guys doing this?” JiHyun asks demanding for answers.

“Miss please let go of me.”

“NO!” JiHyun screamed at him.

The guy has had enough of her and fiercely pushes her to the floor. At that time KiKwang was just getting out of his room. He didn’t know what going on, he had woken up because of all JiHyun’s screaming.

“Yah!” KiKwang ran over to JiHyun. “What’s going on here?” Kikwang ask the guy who had just pushed JiHyun. KiKwang grabs him by the collar and pushed him onto the wall. “What are you guys doing here?”

The guy gave KiKwang a smile and whispers. “You know exactly why young master.”

“Stop it.” KiKwang tighten his grip. “Get out!” He screamed.

He looks at JiHyun who was standing a couple of feet from them looking scared. “Sorry.” He whispers to KiKwang. In a blank of an eye he grabs the lamp next to him and smashed it on KiKwang’s head knocking him out.

All KiKwang remember was JiHyun next to him calling him to wake up. He blocked out after seeing her scared face above him.

“What is going on here?” A familiar voice appeared.

It was JunHyung. He was at the door with his gang. He walked in like a gangster boss that he is and everyone froze.

“I ask what the is going on.” He points to one of the guys taking the stuff. “Who do you guys think you are doing business on my turf? I run this property.” He went over to the guy he was pointing at and hit his head. “Who’s your boss?” The guy didn’t answer JunHyung but let go of the things in his hand and strike JunHyung. Soon the house broke out into a war zone with JunHyung and his gang against the unknown guys.

JiHyun went  into Mimi’s room and found her crying in the corner. She grabs her and hands her a bag. “Take what you need. Pack light.” Mimi was shaking but she took the bag from JiHyun and did what she was told. JiHyun opens the window and checked outside to see if there was anyone. “Run, go to JiYoon’s house and wait for me there.”

“Unnie.” Mimi shook her head no. “I don’t think I can.”

“Everything will be okay. Unnie won’t leave you, I’ll meet you there.” JiHyun pulls Mimi over to the window. “Go.”

JiHyun watch Mimi until she was out of her sight before she went back into the living room. KiKwang was still in his spot while the other guys were fighting around him. JiHyun made her way to him and tried to wake him up again.

“KiKwang can you hear me?” JiHyun was shaking him furiously. “Wake up, please. We have to go.”

A hand landed on her shoulder. “I’ll take him.”

JiHyun look up and saw DooJoon. What was he doing here? She looks around and saw that they weren’t fighting anymore. JunHyung and his gang was all tied up and the unknown guys were standing behind DooJoon.

“You did this?” JiHyun ask DooJoon. She stood up. “Why did you do this?” She pushes him and the guy that pushed her before steps forward about to attack her but DooJoon stops him.

“It’s okay.” DooJoon signals for them to go fetch KiKwang.

JiHyun spread out her arms stopping them. “Wait! You guys can’t do this!”

The same guy step up to JiHyun but he didn’t hurt her. He looks to DooJoon to wait for orders but DooJoon didn’t say anything. He looks the other way. The guy grabs JiHyun by the neck and started strangling her. JiHyun grabs his hands trying to loosen his grip but it didn’t work. She looked over to DooJoon. He was there looking the other way pretending to not see. She saw JunHyung furious and screaming her name.

JiHyun could feel her heart slowly stopping and her vision going black. She was about to be strangle to death.

“Enough.” DooJoon steps over to the guy strangling JiHyun and stops him.

The guy lets go of JiHyun letting her fall to the ground hitting her head. JiHyun lies on the floor helplessly as she tried to get oxygen back into her system.

DooJoon walks over to her and place an envelope next to her. “This is for all the troubles. After today please don’t look for KiKwang and don’t acknowledge him. Erase him from your memory. This is for the best.”

JiHyun lies on the floor still trying to get her energy back. She watched as they took KiKwang with them. Tears came rolling down her cheeks watching them stuff him into the car with DooJoon and driving off. Once again in her life some one important, someone she relied on was disappearing from her life again.