The Break Up

Fools

 

“We…aren’t made for each other. We should break up.” Without any warnings he said that to her with a blank face. No emotion was shown on his face. How could he be so mean?

“What break up?” She sounded surprised but honestly deep inside she knew this day was coming since the beginning of their relationship. He had always felt distant since the beginning.

“I’m sorry JiHyun…” He apologizes, again without emotion. It sounded as if he was a robot.

Jihyun squeezed her fist tightly “Sorry? If you were sorry you wouldn’t have done this to me. Why didn’t you break up with me before you met her? Why did you wait to meet her first? You said you already knew you didn’t love me long ago so why did you stay by my side for so long?”

 

Doojoon the douche who cheated on Jihyun got on his knees and bow down to her.

 

“I was scared I wouldn’t find anyone else but you. I was wrong for keeping you next to me so long even though my feelings for you were never really there. But I couldn’t help myself when I met her. I fell for her.” At least this time he sound like he added a little feeling into this.

“How is she better than me? Is she wealthy? Is she all your parents ever wanted as a daughter in law?”  Jihyun’s voice cracked and tears escape her eyes. “Fine, since you’re here on your knees begging me I will forgive you this one time. I will remove myself from this one sided relationship.” She wipes her eyes and held her head high. “You are a very bad guy Doojoon. I’ve given you all of me but in the end it wasn’t enough. I will warn you now…I will get my revenge for all the years I wasted on you.”

“Jihyun…”

“If I were you I watch my back very carefully. When you least expect it I will be there.”

“Jihyun you’re scaring me.” For the first time she heard fear in him. That girl must mean so much to him for him to get scared with those words.

“Good you should be scared.”

----

“You really said that to him?” Mimi asks.

JiHyun nodded her head. “Was it too much? I was just mad and trying to scare him.”

“I think he’s scared for life now unnie.”

“HAHAHAHAHAHA” JiHyun evilly laughs.

Mimi put her hand on JiHyun’s shoulder. “Unnie are you okay? You are very happy and nonchalant for a girl who just got dump by her boyfriend of five years.

“Of course. I wasted enough time on him, I don’t need to waste more time crying for him. There are plenty of guys in the world.”

 

-----

“How was your trip?”

GaYoon cover her cheeks and fell backwards onto her bed. “Amazing…”

“America was that great?”KiKwang asks.

“I met your brother there. I really didn’t know English well so he helped me while I was there. He’s nothing like what you said. He was a gentleman, funny, and very handsome.”

“My brother? Usually he’s annoying and always piss off.” KiKwang sat on the other side of the bed.

GaYoon sat up and stared at KiKwang. “Buddy…I think I’m in love.”

“Love? You? With who?”

GaYoon laughs. “Who else your brother.”

“My brother? Not me?” He whispers to himself as he watch GaYoon walk over to closet to continue unpacking.

 

----

JiHyun rose up her glass and looked at it. “SoJu wae are you so yummy? Hahahaha” JiHyun laughs.

 

After getting off from work she headed down to the nearest tent and drink her pain away. She thought about all those times she been there for DooJoon but he never cared, maybe she was too crazy in love with him to see he didn’t love her at all. He was just using her. JiHyun picked up the whole bottle and drink from it. Why was she born like this? What did she do in her past life to be like this? Her parents passed away when she was twelve. Her uncle and aunt were nice enough to take her in and raised her. She wasn’t wealthy she works at a restaurant washing dishes. She finished high school at the bottom of her class. And now her boyfriend of five years had cheated on her while he was in America to a girl she is sure is prettier with a better background then her. Life .

 

----

KiKwang sighs “Friends for ten years and still you haven’t seen my true feelings yet. How can you fall for my brother?” KiKwang took a sip of his drink and put his head down.

 

He was all smiles in front of his best friend, Gayoon his crush since he was young. But as soon as he got away from her he sulk and even cried a little. All those years trying to get into her heart were a waste his brother got in her pants and heart in a month. He was never the favorite in the family and he knew DooJoon his older brother was always and will always be the most outgoing one to everyone but he didn’t care as long as he got GaYoon he was okay. But now even she’s gone to DooJoon. What is there to live for?

 

Behind him JiHyun came stumbling towards him. She was clearly drunk. She pointed at him and yells.

 

“YAH Yoon DooJoon!”

KiKwang didn’t pay attention to the crazy girl yelling behind him. “Tsk how many Yoon DooJoon is there in this world?”

JiHyun grab KiKwang’s shirt from behind. “Yoon DooJoon I know it’s you. You were wearing the same shirt this morning.”

KiKwang flick JiHyun away from him. “Who are you calling Yoon DooJoon?”

JiHyun tilt her head confused. “Huh? DooJoon why did you change so much? Plastic surgery?”

“Lady you got the wrong person.”

JiHyun grab his cheeks and started laughing. “AHHHH so cute.”

KiKwang push her down. “Do you know who you’re touching?”

“DooJoon-ah” JiHyun started crying. “You…you stupid person…how could you do this to me?” JiHyun crawl over to KiKwang and hug on to his leg. “Don’t let me go.”

“Yah get off.” KiKwang tried to shake JiHyun off him but she grip tighter.

The owner of the tent pointed at KiKwang. “Yah don’t do that to your girlfriend. Pick her up and take her home. What kind of boyfriend are you?”

KiKwang laughs “Lady she is not my girlfriend. She’s not even my type. Look at her, messy hair big pores on her face and look at her clothes. Oversize t-shirt with those wash out pants and flower prints on them. I would never date someone like her.”

“DooJoon-ah please don’t leave me. I don’t care if you cheated on me…I don’t want to be alone.” JiHyun cries clinging onto KiKwang.

 

People around were now looking and pointing at them. KiKwang nervously smile and try to push JiHyun away but her grip became tighter. In the end KiKwang pull her up and took her out of the tent with him.

 

----

“Noona…noona!”

JiHyun rub her eyes and pulled the covers over her head. “Mimi five more minutes.”

The little boy next to her scratches his head. “Umma she’s not getting up.” He tries to wake JiHyun again. “Noona wake up”

“Noona?” JiHyun asks. “Don’t you mean unnie? No one calls me noona.” She finally opened her eyes and sat up. “W-w-where am I?” JiHyun clings onto the blank on her body and took a peek in to see if she still had on her clothes. She sighs in relief, she was still fully dressed.

“Are you up now?” An older lady came over with soup bowls. “KiKwang left you here yesterday asking me to keep an eye on you. You must have drink a lot yesterday.”

JiHyun put her hand on her head. “I don’t remember…who’s KiKwang?”