The Secret Garden

Forgotten Smiles

For weeks, I had that song on my mind. I needed to find the person who wrote it. I wanted to know, how could he come up with something like that for me? Maybe it was just coincidence but I wanted to know.

It's already been 2 months since I've been with Super Junior. And my schedule has been getting more and more hectic...

" I want to go home Eric." I said feeling as tired as ever.

" We'll go back to the dorm after we finish filming the first part of you music video..."

I didn't mean I wanted to go to the dorm, I meant I wanted to go back to my parents...

" Wait... My new music video?" I asked, surprised.

" Yeah, Super Junior will help you." he said, looking proud.

" To what song?"

" Well the one you just recorded!"

Oh no.

" Come on Alexis we'll be late!"

We got in the van, and I sat with a heavy heart for the rest of the ride.

***

Once we arrived at the studio, Super Junior was already there. They all greeted me with bright smiles. I looked at them feeling uneasy...

" Hello everyone! I'm director Kang. I'll be directing Alexis's new music video, "Like crazy"" an old man said.

Everyone applauded, I looked dazed.

" Are you okay?" Kibum asked.

I quickly snapped out of it and noticed him looking at me from very close, I could feel his breath.

" You know, you look kind of pale." he said, putting his hand on my forehead to check if I had a temperature.

I turned away from him.

" I'm fine." I said with a shaky voice.

We started filming shortly after that, everything was going great until...

" Okay, now,", director Kang started," The next scene will be in the water, so everyone get changed and into the water!"

" W-Water?" I stammered.

One of the things I was most afraid of was water. When I was little, one of the neighborhood boys pushed me into the stream, I couldn't swim at that time so I ended up drowning. I was saved by someone, but I don't really remember who it was...

" You coming?" Hankyung asked.

I turned around and noticed that he was wearing a black tuxedo. Come to think of it, all of the Super Junior members were wearing them. My jaw fell open.

" Come on." Kibum said while grabbing my wrist and dragged me towards the pool area.

" Alright now then everyone in the pool!" he screamed.

All of the guys jumped in and were ready to film. I stayed at the edge of the pool, terrified. Eric was looking nervously at me, because he knew what happened to me. The director started getting impatient.

" Are you going in or not?" he said, annoyed.

" G-Give me one second..."

" We've been waiting 15 minutes now, JUST GET IN ALREADY!!!" he screamed, and pushed me off of the edge.

I screamed, and once I fell in the water, I struggled to get out. But I couldn't hold in my breath anymore. It was all over for me. I let myself go, and slowly sunk to the bottom of the pool. I opened my eyes a little and saw a shadowy figure coming closer and closer to me, until... I lost consciousness.  

***

" Alexis!!! Alexis!!!"

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Hankyung leaning over me, dripping wet. I noticed everyone else around me. I tried getting up but wasn't able for some reason. I breathed heavily.

" W-What happened?"

" Why didn't you tell us you couldn't swim?!?!?!?" Donghae screamed.

" I..." my eyes felt really heavy and I closed them for a few seconds, and then spoke.

" I want to go home."

" Alright, let's go." Kangin said.

Siwon picked me up and walked towards the van. After a few minutes of driving we finally arrived. This time Eunhyuk was the one that brought me to the dorm, and laid me on my bed. I closed my eyes, and fell asleep.

***

The next morning, I didn't even bother waking up. My head hurt like hell and my throat too. I turned around and noticed that Donghae was sitting on my bed.

" What are you doing here?" I asked.

" Making sure you're still alive." he said with a smile.

The morning went by fast and so did the afternoon. I took the day off to relax and bring myself back together.

The evening came quick and I stayed outside on the balcony and admired the view. It was better that the one in my old apartment.

" Breathtaking, huh?" I heard a voice in the back of me say.

I turned around and noticed Hankyung in the door way.

" Feeling better?" he asked.

I nodded and looked back at the scenery.

" Hey, I want to show you something." he said and grabbed my wrist.

We ran out of the building and entered a park nearby. We walked on a narrow road, side by side, in the dead of night. The lanterns lit our way, and we walked in the silence.

" We're almost there." he said, and grabbed my hand. I started blushing and he led me towards some bushes.

" It's a dead end." I said.

" Things aren't always what they seem." he said and smile.

He got closer and went through the bushes and just disappeared. I waited for him, until I saw only his hand stick out from the bush. He made a sign to follow him so I did. As I entered the bush, a few branches scratched me and once I was out, it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw. We were in a forest next to a stream, a little bridge was built over it, with two lanterns on the sides. Once you got on it, you noticed hundreds of little fireflies. You could hear the water flowing.

" What is this place?" I asked.

Hankyung leaned on the bridge and looked at the sky. I stared at him.

" It's a little place I discovered not long ago. You're the only person that knows about."

I felt really touched. No one's ever done something like this for me.

" Why are you showing me this?" I asked.

" You seemed a little down lately. Whenever I'm sad, I come here and let all the sadness flow away with the stream. Anyways I'm going to go. You can stay here for as long as you'd like." he said and disappeared into the bushes.

I stayed there for awhile. I thought about everything that happened... I thought about mostly my parents. I haven't seen them for almost 4 years... It was kind of sad how I got separated from them. I remember that I was on the farm one day, and these men arrived in a black car. Suddenly my mom started crying, and my dad looked away. My mom explained to me that they did this to get more money, so they gave me away to the entertainment world. I haven't visited them ever since.

I noticed that I was feeling better and I left the place shortly after that. I walked in the park all alone , towards the dorm.

***

Once I came in the house, everyone was asleep. Or so I thought. I entered my room and noticed Eunhyuk was looking at me furiously.

" What the hell is wrong with you?!" he shouted.

" Hehe... I guess I lost track of time?" I said nervously.

" It's 2 am now." he said

" Woups..."

" Seriously! You should at least tell someone where you're going!"

" Well..." I started," I went out with Hankyung..."

" Tch... That sneaky little..."

He got closer to me. I slowly backed away. Suddenly I accidentally slipped and tried to grab the nearest thing to me to prevent me from falling. I ended up grabbing Eunhyuk by the shirt and pulled him down with me. He fell on top of me, his hands were on the floor right next to my head, and his lips 2cm from mine.