An Unrecognisable Road

Forgotten Smiles

" H-Hankyung." I whispered.

I suddenly darted towards him. My mind went blank, and tears filled my eyes. The security guards grabbed me by the arms and restrained me from going any further.

" Hankyung!" I screamed. " Hankyung!"

It was no use. He didn't even look at me. I kept screaming his name over and over again. Anger, sadness and remorse filled my heart as I watched him on that stage. When I saw his face, I stopped breathing.

He brought the microphone to his mouth and started singing.

 

¯Outside the coffee shop window, the clamour in the street causes dust to rise up
With a frozen atmosphere at the table, I finally admit
You resist crying and suppress the emotions in your eyes
You only ask for a kiss, and then you turn away
¯

¯The sound of the wind in an alley and the iron rolling doors along an arcade, it’s all so unfamiliar
There’s a girl who has been sitting silently on a seat by the lamppost at the street corner
Breaking up in a tactful manner, how did that happen?
At that time your hands were as cold as ice, but you didn’t shake your head no or object
¯

¯Heartache from being hurt deeply, heartache from your earnestness
Even the sound of the rain during the breakup was carefully written down in your notebook
Heartache from being hurt deeply, heartache from your earnestness
Insisting on letting the separation story be completed, saying that it’s you who won’t let me wait
¯

¯The sound of the wind in an alley and the iron rolling doors along an arcade, it’s all so unfamiliar
On a seat by the lamppost at the street corner, there’s a girl who has been sitting there silently
Breaking up in a tactful manner, how did that happen?
At that time your hands were as cold as ice, but you didn’t shake your head no or object
¯

¯Heartache from being hurt deeply, heartache from your earnestness
Even the sound of the rain during the breakup was carefully written down in your notebook
Heartache from being hurt deeply, heartache from your earnestness
Insisting on letting the separation story be complete, saying that it’s you
¯

¯Heartache from being hurt deeply, heartache from your earnestness
You even described your tear stains in your notebook
Heartache from being hurt deeply, heartache from your earnestness
You write down that time of our youth, and you write of us when we were in love, all by yourself
¯

 

I fell to my knees, speechless and with tears in my eyes. The song was beautiful. I started crying again.  Hankyung finished his show and turned around towards me. I looked at him with tears still flowing down my face. He just stood there, looking at me as if he didn't even know me. He closed his eyes and turned his back towards me and walked off the stage from the other side.

" HANKYUNG!!!" I shouted.

I started screaming in agony. How could he just leave like that? Yesung came to my side and tried to calm me down. My heart started hurting and my head started spinning. The feeling of losing him again felt so familiar, that it was killing me inside. I just couldn't let go of my love towards him. Losing the same person twice, who knows how long it will take me to get back on my own two feet again.

Eric came to my side, I could feel his hand on my shoulder and he whispered : " Come on, it's not worth going on stage anymore."

He pulled me up and we walked back to the dressing room along with the Super Junior members. Eric put his jacket around my shoulders and we entered the dressing room. I sat down and looked at myself in the mirror and started crying again. My tears slowly fell down my face. Just the thought of him looking at me like that, shatters my heart.

Leeteuk came beside me and said: " This happens, Alexis. You need to learn to let go."

" That's easy for you to say." I sobbed. " You never lost someone you loved dearly."

He sighed and looked at me with pitiful eyes.

" Come on, let's go back to Korea. There is no point in staying here any longer." Eric said.

We went back to the hotel to grab my stuff and went to the airport and caught the first plane home.

Let's just say, it was the saddest airplane ride ever.

***

It's already been a week since I saw Hankyung in China. Eric cancelled my schedule for the whole week and told me that I should take a week off and come to my senses.

I would cry every night, knowing that I would dream of Hankyung and when I would wake up, he wouldn't be there anymore. Eunhyuk would sit on my bed and watch me cry myself to sleep. He would comfort me, and tell me that everything would be okay in the end.

One morning, Eunhyuk woke me up with a bright smile on his face.

" Wake up." he said with a sweet voice.

I opened my eyes and noticed he was dressed in a white shirt  with a black blazer on top, and black skinny jeans.

" I'm taking you somewhere today." he said, pulling me out of bed.

" To where?" I asked.

" You'll see." he said with a smirk on his face.

I quickly got dressed, ate and washed myself and before I knew it I was sitting in Eunhyuk's car.

***

Eunhyuk told me that we would be driving for at least 2 hours. I didn't know where we were driving to, nor did Eunhyuk want to tell me. I sat quietly in the car, staring outside the window.

" We're almost there." he said.

We then entered a narrow road made out of sand and rocks. Trees surrounded us and the road was bumpy.

Suddenly, something clicked in my mind. This road, the trees... I started recognising the place more and more. I haven't been here for more than 4 years. I suddenly felt nostalgic and I looked at Eunhyuk who had this bright smile on his face.

We drove off the road and towards these endless fields and right beside them there was a brown looking little house on a hill.

Eunhyuk suddenly stopped the car next to some fields. He smiled and turned his head towards me. I looked at him curiously.

" Get out of the car." he said while unbuckling his seat belt.

I did as he said and got out of the car. I walked to his side and noticed that he was looking at something in particular, or someone.

He smirked. I tried looking in the direction that he was looking but only noticed a few guys in the fields.

Then someone caught my eye. A middle aged man was ploughing the fields. He wore a white shirt, a straw hat and blue, ripped jeans. When the sunlight shone on his face I was positive I knew who he was.

My eyes widened in shock.

" Dad..." I whispered.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~

Author's note"

Hey guys! I hope this chapter is okay... I just love doing cliffhangers!

Anyways I had tears in my eyes as I wrote the passage with Hankyung.... Maybe it's because of personal experience?

Anywho hope you guys liked it!

Please comment and subscribe!!!

-LunaTheOracle

 

Preview:

Eunhyuk brings Alexis back to her home where her mother and father still live. What will happen when she sees them after more than 4 years? Stay tuned!