I Hate Cats

Nekos In My House?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bell rang, signaling the conclusion of another day of torture. 

Finally! I have to get out of here before they come again. 

Being bullied every minute of my life had become a routine for me, but today especially was a day that I wanted to avoid it as much as possible.

My classmates were talking to their friends, texting and checking updates on their phones, reapplying makeup, and doing all this other stuff I didn't understand. Hey, it wasn't like I had any friends to talk to anyway. I pulled my jacket sleeves up and put my folders into my bag before slipping out of the room quiet without any of them noticing.

I walked down the same streets I had been walking down for... Was it 6 year now? It's been a long time. I walked a few streets more before I hear the loud crash of thunder. The booming made me jump, today was a bad day and I was already feeling skiddish. I looked up and saw droplets of water falling quickly, landing onto my hair and face.

With a shiver I pulled my hood over my head and quickened my pace, wanting to go home as quick as possible.

"Get it! Hit it in the eye!" I heard.

I turned my head and saw a group of five boys, though it was very hard to make them out because of the overcast which darkened my vision.

"Get it's skull!" Another boy encouraged.

I stared at them for a brief moment before walking over towards them, they should be inside because of the rain.

"Excuse me, shouldn't you boys be inside? It's rainin-"

I froze, my eyes widened. The five boys had surrounded a group of small animals, and were beating them to death by kicking them and throwing stones at them. One of them in particular was strangling one of the animals. I soon realized that it was a small kitten. 

"You! Stop that!" I yelled as I grabbed the kitten from the boy's hand.

I ran over to where the other five were. Bloody and limping around, I picked each of them up. Carrying the kittens in my arms, I sheltered them from the world.

"Hey lady, give me back the cats!" He growled.

"No. You can't do this to your pets! It's animal abuse!"

"None of them are mine. And who are you to tell me whether I can or can't?" He smirked.

 

...

 

"I'm... Their Owner."

The boys glared at me and cursed profanities at me.

Leaving them behind, I ran home as fast as I could. Using my body to cover the small creatures I was holding as the rain pounded onto me like a thousand marbles falling from above, each drop harder than the last. Soon I arrived at home. I took out my keys and opened the door hastily; Stripping myself of my jacket and shoes, I ran over to the fireplace and turned it on.

When the fireplace was warm, I took the kittens out of the soggy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter