Chapter Six

♥...Angels Only Love Once...♥

~ Chapter Six ~

Three weeks later the thirteen member male group really did debut. Their names and faces were not yet revealed but I was sent to attend their opening press conference. I didn’t even know what the group was called yet, in fact, nobody did. No artist had ever debuted via a press conference, SM Entertainment really is making an effort with these thirteen guys huh? I am having a good feeling about this gamble!

On the following day the press conference was held, this was my first time representing Top Idol as a reporter. The weather was fine and the clear sunlight made my mood reach an all time high. Clutching my notebook, voice recorder and coffee I made my way through the huge double doors into the press conference. I was expecting the hall to be full of other competing reporters but that wasn’t what I saw. There was only a long, outstretched table with thirteen cups of water placed evenly along it. Around the perimeter of the stage stood well-built security guards, I began to feel uncomfortable as they all stared at me awkwardly…was I doing something wrong? Suddenly my cell phone vibrated and broke the awful silence; it was an incoming text message. The message read: “Yah! Dongsaeng! The press conference has changed to 6pm, not 11am! Sorry if I notified you late…I’ll treat you to something later ok? - Your beloved Soong Gi oppa ^^”. Omo…so I have to wait another 7 hours?! It’s a little bit past 10:30am right now and I don’t have anywhere else to go. I dropped into the nearest seat and suddenly felt sleepy. I had 7 hours to sleep so why not? So I didn’t stop myself and fell asleep.

I woke up as someone shook my shoulder; “Excuse me, can you please shuffle over one seat? Thank you!” It was a middle aged woman who arrived for the press conference. I apologized and sat up, suddenly I noticed the large about of noise around me. The atmosphere was loud and chatty, I turned around and saw that the whole hall had been filled right down to the main doors. The security guards had now surrounded the stage in a new formation. After seeing all the reporters that had turned up to this conference, the long awaited pressure finally arrived…I am the only author at Top Idol that is responsible for these thirteen guys and if my article is poor Top Idol’s ratings will drop!

The sea of reporters fell silent as the announcer sounded out that the members were to enter the stage. From one to thirteen the members made their way across the stage to their assigned seats. I could only make out their silhouettes because the cameras from behind me were flashing, like a million photos were being taken. The announcer told the reporters that they could not take any more photos until the members finished introducing themselves. The endless flashing of cameras came to a slow stop and for the first time I finally saw the faces of the thirteen members. I spotted, sitting at the middle right of the table, someone that strikingly resembled Donghae…his hair was shorter than Donghae’s though. I focused on the far left of the table as the first member introduced himself; “Annyeonghaseyo, Leeteuk imnida”. I smiled to myself as I thought about EverLasting Spring’s Student President, also named Leeteuk. I quickly wrote “L-E-E-T-E-U-K” onto my notebook, and intently listened to the next introduction; “Annyeonghaseyo, Heechul imnida”. I laughed to myself, this Heechul looks much more friendlier than the Heechul I knew! “H-E-E-C-H-U-L”. Next…”Annyeonghaseyo, Hankyung imnida. I am the Chinese member, you can also call me Hangeng.” Wait…something’s not right…Leeteuk, then Heechul and now Hangeng…? And how about that Donghae looking guy…? Did O.V.E.R really become THAT popular? So popular that other people are using their names and copying their styles?! The rest of the members introduced themselves and my list grew to a total of thirteen names; “Leeteuk, Heechul, Hangeng, Yesung, Kangin, Shindong, Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Siwon, Ryeowook, Kibum, Kyuhyun”. Is this really O.V.E.R…?

The press conference went on smoothly and little by little the reporters got to know the thirteen members. This conference was worth the wait; I had bullet pointed so much information and quoted lots of what each member had to say. The thought of this group being O.V.E.R still lingered in my mind…eventually the conference came to a close and reporters could now openly ask the members individual questions. After several questions I decided to raise my hand, “Leeteuk, may I ask, have you ever heard of “O.V.E.R”?” I could feel everyone in the hall frowning down upon me as I asked this peculiar question. I heard a man behind me murmur to himself “Aish...young reporters these days…no professionalism at all.” I began to regret raising my hand in the first place…the announcer was not pleased with my question and began to decline it; “Sorry, our guests a-“ but suddenly Leeteuk stopped him “No, it’s alright. I can answer this question”. The announcer paused but finally nodded. Leeteuk was handed the microphone and the other members sat there whispering to each other, looking back and forth at me. Eunhyuk and Donghae were sitting together and Donghae whispered something into Eunhyuk’s ear, something that made him smile. Instantly Eunhyuk looked in my direction and subtly waved. Everything was fitting together, they ARE O.V.E.R and that IS the Eunhyuk I knew! Leeteuk began to explain the story behind O.V.E.R; “I am glad this question was brought up, O.V.E.R (Obey the Voice of Each Rhythm) was what the thirteen of us was known as, though, don’t get too excited! That’s not what we’re called now, so please still anticipate the end of the conference. A few years ago, when we all still attended high school, EverLasting Springs High…” It was the exact answer I wanted; those thirteen boys really were the O.V.E.R of EverLasting Springs High.

The questions had all been answered but there was one question that the members were reluctant to answer; “What is this thirteen member group going to be known as now?” They insisted it would be revealed at the very end of the conference.

Finally the conference really did come to an end and everyone in the hall awaited the long hoped for answer. Leeteuk thanked everyone for turning up to the conference and he signaled the other members to stand up. They then made their way around the long table and stood in line at the edge of the stage; “Uri Super Juni-oyeo!”